Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,050 members, 7,849,248 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview (960 Views)

Does This Newswatch Magazine Cover Contradict What PMB Said About Ojukwu? / Blair Was After Personal Business In Nigeria; PMB Said NO - TOM BOWER / Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by ijaw1stson: 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari in the interview granted to the UK Telegraph has touched the issues of the corruption, the Boko Haram insurgency, the Chibok girls and many others.
Naij.com has gathered top best quotes from the last Buhari’s interview:

1. Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but they have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking.
2. I don’t think Nigerians have anybody to blame. They can remain at home, where their services are required to rebuild the country.
3. As long as we can establish the bona fides of the leadership of Boko Haram, we are prepared as a government to discuss with them how to get the girls back. But we have not established any evidence of a credible leadership.

4. I receive conflicting information about the status of Shekau. Some say he has been removed and replaced by a less charismatic terrorist leader. I think he must be on the run, because out of the 14 local government districts that Boko Haram used to call their caliphate, they now do not control any now.
5. I am not asking for any of additional military help beyond training missions yet. I want to be briefed first on the situation from the Nigerian military and also the police.
Buhari quote
6. I personally was very disappointed that the previous government resorted to mercenaries. I was also disappointed by the recent revelations of how military allocations were also misappropriated. How is it that Nigeria’s military, which has a good record across west Africa, cannot claim back to 14 out of 774 local governorates from Boko Haram? They have to ask for mercenaries from South Africa? How the mighty has fallen!
7. One of the biggest suspect is in Britain now, although I am not going to name that person. But Britain has earned our respect in the way it deals with these matters. Our only problem is that it seems to be too thorough and it takes too much time. If there are obvious cases, like bank accounts, infrastructure houses and hotels, I would hope they could do it quicker, so that we can claim these things back promptly.

8. There are also Nigerians finding their way to Syria too. I don’t know which side, but they may be fighing for Isil. How many, I have no idea.
9. I think we should be very worried because with technology, Boko Haram and other terrorists have become very mobile in all continents, not only in Africa but also in Europe, America and Asia.
10. The legal process in this country is slow, sometimes a little too slow for my liking. But we still respect the system because we know it is thorough and fair.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by Elosky20: 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
j
Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by omowolewa: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
Let's talk about baba's talk
Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by carinmom(f): 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
W
Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by Candyrain(m): 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
ijaw1stson:
10. The legal process in this country is slow, sometimes a little too slow for my liking. But we still respect the system because we know it is thorough and fair.

If this man could do it he would have taken us back to military regime.
Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by vedaxcool(m): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Epic interview! Buhari clearly addressed issues on the mind of many Nigerians.

One of the biggest suspect is in Britain now, although I am not going to name that person. But Britain has earned our respect in the way it deals with these matters. Our only problem is that it seems to be too thorough and it takes too much time. If there are obvious cases, like bank accounts, infrastructure houses and hotels, I would hope they could do it quicker, so that we can claim these things back promptly.

Where are those fools who think frog eyed thief is home and dry?
Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by vedaxcool(m): 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Candyrain:

Reading with your eyes closed is not reading but imagining.
Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by ijaw1stson: 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
Candyrain:

I concur
Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by SurefireAsoOke: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
PMB all the way
Re: Top 10 Things PMB Said In UK Historic Interview by olawalepopoola: 10:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
PMB is Nigerian leader of the millenium. Dieziani thinks she can go scot free! NIGERIA SHALL BE FREE INDEED!

(1) (Reply)

Where Is AIG Mbu? / Breaking News: Minister For Labour (state), James Ocholi Is Dead. / Crackdown On Sen Mark Begins In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.