Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

#ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana (21145 Views)

Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana / $1m On Foreign Trips: Fayose Can Say ‘ Whatever He Likes’ – Buhari / EkitiGate: Fayose Denies Using Soldiers To Rig Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by odehman: 10:53am On Feb 09, 2016
Fresh food for Wailers association of Nigeria W. A. N or Wanites
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by TimeManager(m): 10:54am On Feb 09, 2016
Keneking sef.. Kabba & kene start with k, d same noni. You go dey stay for kabba dey work for nairaland, notin do u.
No be lie na true!
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by mapet: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2016
TheFreeOne:
I beg to disagree. Fayose guber election has been laid to rest at the supreme court.

As for those who still believed Fayose rigged, I say they are on a long thing cos should that election be conducted again with Tinubu or Buhari as candidates it will still be a landslide for oshokomole.

The undeniable fact: Fayose is a grassroot politician, very popular and acceptable to his people.

1. That Fayose won the election as confirmed by Supreme court is different from the precedent that needs to be set to deter election rigging and wanton wastage of our resources just to pursue election as a do or die affair.
2. Fayose was seen on video planning the rigging of an election. The facts of the video as corroborated by Aluko is what played out. This needs to be investigated and culprits brought to book
3. It is the perogative of the Ekiti people to keep voting Fayose, if they so please. But it is our collective responsibility to make sure our money is not spent illegally and the 4.7billion Illegally spent to "execute" Fayose's election in Ekiti needs to be recovered

1 Like

Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by clickwtB(m): 11:51am On Feb 09, 2016
Please let the prosecution starts immidiatedly!!!
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by TheFreeOne: 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
mapet:

1. That Fayose won the election as confirmed by Supreme court is different from the precedent that needs to be set to deter election rigging and wanton wastage of our resources just to pursue election as a do or die affair.
2. Fayose was seen on video planning the rigging of an election. The facts of the video as corroborated by Aluko is what played out. This needs to be investigated and culprits brought to book
3. It is the perogative of the Ekiti people to keep voting Fayose, if they so please. But it is our collective responsibility to make sure our money is not spent illegally and the 4.7billion Illegally spent to "execute" Fayose's election in Ekiti needs to be recovered

I'm not holding fort for Fayose but can you avail us a copy of the video As for the money in question time will tell to reveal all things.

APC should learn to accept defeat and stop crying over spilled milk lest they derail our democracy cos some judgments ain't in their favour.

1 Like

Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by Montaque(m): 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
seunmsg:

The question is, can he be charged for electoral fraud even as an incumbent governor? That is the question Femi Falana tried to answer and I think I agree with his argument. If governors can be charged to court to defend their election, then, it's logical to say they can be charged for electoral fraud irrespective of the immunity clause.

the only means of challenging that has been spent. The court of appeal made a finding on the use of the military during the election, yet returned him as elected. This was also affirmed at the SC.
The whole issue now is way behind time and no other court has jurisdiction over the matter
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by Montaque(m): 12:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
mapet:

U should know that part of the grounds furnished by APC during the tribunal was The use of the military to rig the election. despite the prove of that, the court upheld the election. The SC affirmed that. If fresh evidence emerged after the finality of the decision of the supreme court on the matter, it cannot be re litigated again.
even if fayose is indicted by the panel as set up, they can only wait till he ceases to be governor. it has been held by the SC that immunity cannot bar proper investigation by the police. But jurisdiction to present those evidence in court is inchoate during the Tenure of the accused.
In fact, the cases Falana mentioned were all to the effect that election petition tribunal has jurisdiction over the elected governor over the election process, and that he cannot hide under immunity to avoid being a party at the tribunal. However in this case, the tribunal has given its judgement and is at now, functus officio.
I will advise that they gather their evidence till 2018, when he ceases to be governor.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by Blitz888(m): 1:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sounds like its going to be another political blockbuster... keenly following though!
kajoula:

of proven otherwise, then.......The film just started.
he will get the worse humiliation ever, in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by ddippset(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
It just defies common sensibility and human justice if the supreme court cannot overrule itself sometimes. If a man gets acquitted for murder at a supreme court and then tomorrow someone produces a vídeo of the man actually committing the murder and takes it to the Supreme Court would the court now say this matter has already been judged, Mr murderer go home and relax, nothing do you!? If that's what our law says then the law is fuccked! Or if the supreme court discharges and aqcuits Óscar pistorious for instance and tomorrow someone produces a cctv footage of him actually shooting at reeva steemkamp, or maybe Mr pistorious confesses to the crime, só the supreme court will say Mr pistorious' case cannot be revisited?
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by repogirl(f): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
flokii:
where my ife repogirl na..

i need to hear her view on this
lol, na ban ooooo, they banned me for speaking my mind to some bloody idiot. Anyway am back now!

So They say they can indict him, make them indict and prove their case na. We all know the judiciary has kuku been hijacked by Boooohari and cohorts.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by flokii: 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
repogirl:
lol, na ban ooooo, they banned me for speaking my mind to some bloody idiot. Anyway am back now!

So They say they can indict him, make them indict and prove their case na. We all know the judiciary has kuku been hijacked by Boooohari and cohorts.

grin

you must sha attack Buhari... part of d reason I like you cheesy

so you dnt see.anything wrong with what fayose did?
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by repogirl(f): 3:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
flokii:

grin

you must sha attack Buhari... part of d reason I like you cheesy

so you dnt see.anything wrong with what fayose did?
he hasn't been indicted yet, has he?

Besides I don't believe all this rubbish claims. They went to court before, swore before an oath, held a trial with witnesses that testified the election was devoid of malpractice... Now, months later, that Aluko man who was a witness that testified in the previous hearing that everything was done rightly just opens his mouth and begins spilling all sorts....abeg would you take that guy as a credible witness?

Someone who has already lied on oath previously? He could be lying again for all we know.

See, I don't bother about politics and the law in Nigeria, we all know its whoever has more powerful allies that wins in the end, every other thing na wash.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by flokii: 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
repogirl:
he hasn't been indicted yet, has he?

Besides I don't believe all this rubbish claims. They went to court before, swore before an oath, held a trial with witnesses that testified the election was devoid of malpractice... Now, months later, that Aluko man who was a witness that testified in the previous hearing that everything was done rightly just opens his mouth and begins spilling all sorts....abeg would you take that guy as a credible witness?

Someone who has already lied on oath previously? He could be lying again for all we know.

See, I don't bother about politics and the law in Nigeria, we all know its whoever has more powerful allies that wins in the end, every other thing na wash.

lol.. naso

repo come.marry me too na.. so we wuld be rubbing minds

you too sabi.. i swear

1 Like

Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by repogirl(f): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
flokii:

lol.. naso

repo come.marry me too na.. so we wuld be rubbing minds

you too sabi.. i swear
lol, too late. Na till death do us part I dey so.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by flokii: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
repogirl:
lol, too late. Na till death do us part I dey so.

nna mehnn...

and you dnt av any sister that's yet to marry.. a.smart mind like you
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by adeleke12345(m): 4:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
just passing. enjoying this. visit http://adelekeblog.com/?p=8883 grin
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by repogirl(f): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
flokii:

nna mehnn...

and you dnt av any sister that's yet to marry.. a.smart mind like you
lol, my sisters are not exactly searching at the moment.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by flokii: 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
repogirl:
lol, my sisters are not exactly searching at the moment.

Hmmn..

odikwa.. vewi serious

mayb we'd clone you then... abi na?
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by Bigchief46(m): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
ddippset:
It just defies common sensibility and human justice if the supreme court cannot overrule itself sometimes. If a man gets acquitted for murder at a supreme court and then tomorrow someone produces a vídeo of the man actually committing the murder and takes it to the Supreme Court would the court now say this matter has already been judged, Mr murderer go home and relax, nothing do you!? If that's what our law says then the law is fuccked! Or if the supreme court discharges and aqcuits Óscar pistorious for instance and tomorrow someone produces a cctv footage of him actually shooting at reeva steemkamp, or maybe Mr pistorious confesses to the crime, só the supreme court will say Mr pistorious' case cannot be revisited?
Have you heard of "double jeopardy"? No? Then read it up; it's a Constitutional matter as well & you don't need to curse the Courts: no one can be tried twice for the same offence. That is the same principle world wide & I hope you know we inherited our judicial system from the "Oyibos". Every person now feels free to come to social media; assume a moral high ground and abuse our Courts; no wahala. If the O.J. Simpson case had been tried in Nigeria & the same verdict reached; you guys would have lynched the Judge. Smh
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by ddippset(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
Bigchief46:

Have you heard of "double jeopardy"? No? Then read it up; it's a Constitutional matter as well & you don't need to curse the Courts: no one can be tried twice for the same offence. That is the same principle world wide & I hope you know we inherited our judicial system from the "Oyibos". Every person now feels free to come to social media; assume a moral high ground and abuse our Courts; no wahala. If the O.J. Simpson case had been tried in Nigeria & the same verdict reached; you guys would have lynched the Judge. Smh
forget what the constitution says, forget what the oyibos do, forget what the principles are. You are a human being and God gave you logic and reasoning. What does your common sense tell you? The summary of my post is; if the supreme court cannot reverse itself whatever it recognizes an error in its judgement then something is wrong. The supreme judges are not infallible and are not gods. Take note: iam not saying this to make a case against fayose(that seems to be your worry) iam only dusgusted by a law which forbids the supreme court from reversing it's decision even in a glaring case of error.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by repogirl(f): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
flokii:

Hmmn..

odikwa.. vewi serious

mayb we'd clone you then... abi na?
oya na, you have my permission to. Lol.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by flokii: 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
repogirl:
oya na, you have my permission to. Lol.

cheesy
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by kajoula(m): 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Blitz888:
Sounds like its going to be another political blockbuster... keenly following though!

shocked shocked shocked shocked coming soon shocked shocked shocked
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by Blitz888(m): 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
how soon Miss?
kajoula:

shocked shocked shocked shocked coming soon shocked shocked shocked
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by kajoula(m): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
Blitz888:
how soon Miss?
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by Bigchief46(m): 6:02am On Feb 10, 2016
ddippset:
forget what the constitution says, forget what the oyibos do, forget what the principles are. You are a human being and God gave you logic and reasoning. What does your common sense tell you? The summary of my post is; if the supreme court cannot reverse itself whatever it recognizes an error in its judgement then something is wrong. The supreme judges are not infallible and are not gods. Take note: iam not saying this to make a case against fayose(that seems to be your worry) iam only dusgusted by a law which forbids the supreme court from reversing it's decision even in a glaring case of error.
Okay Sir, I get it: we should forget what our CONSTITUTION says; we should forget what our SUPREME COURT says; we should forget what established principles say; we should forget what oyibos do; we should abide by what YOU, as the all-knowing says. It doesn't occur to you to contemplate that contrary to your ARROGANT know-all disposition, there might in fact be very good reasons of public policy distilled over many years of jurisprudence for this position of the law. Okayoooooo, you do well
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by ddippset(m): 6:35am On Feb 10, 2016
Bigchief46:

Okay Sir, I get it: we should forget what our CONSTITUTION says; we should forget what our SUPREME COURT says; we should forget what established principles say; we should forget what oyibos do; we should abide by what YOU, as the all-knowing says. It doesn't occur to you to contemplate that contrary to your ARROGANT know-all disposition, there might in fact be very good reasons of public policy distilled over many years of jurisprudence for this position of the law. Okayoooooo, you do well
you have got comprehension problems.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by mapet: 10:31am On Feb 10, 2016
Montaque:

U should know that part of the grounds furnished by APC during the tribunal was The use of the military to rig the election. despite the prove of that, the court upheld the election. The SC affirmed that. If fresh evidence emerged after the finality of the decision of the supreme court on the matter, it cannot be re litigated again.
even if fayose is indicted by the panel as set up, they can only wait till he ceases to be governor. it has been held by the SC that immunity cannot bar proper investigation by the police. But jurisdiction to present those evidence in court is inchoate during the Tenure of the accused.
In fact, the cases Falana mentioned were all to the effect that election petition tribunal has jurisdiction over the elected governor over the election process, and that he cannot hide under immunity to avoid being a party at the tribunal. However in this case, the tribunal has given its judgement and is at now, functus officio.
I will advise that they gather their evidence till 2018, when he ceases to be governor.

I think you miss my points, which are
1. Fayose was declared winner......not in doubt
2. Military tribunal in effect was about the role the military played
3. The allegation of 4.7billion needs to be investigated

these are distinct issues
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by Montaque(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2016
mapet:

I think you miss my points, which are
1. Fayose was declared winner......not in doubt
2. Military tribunal in effect was about the role the military played
3. The allegation of 4.7billion needs to be investigated

these are distinct issues

distinct issues which cannot be brought against fayose in court even if investigation proves that he is culpable.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by mapet: 10:47am On Feb 10, 2016
TheFreeOne:

I'm not holding fort for Fayose but can you avail us a copy of the video As for the money in question time will tell to reveal all things.

APC should learn to accept defeat and stop crying over spilled milk lest they derail our democracy cos some judgments ain't in their favour.

1. For me it's not about should Fayose be removed. It is about addressing a system where was brutally basatardised to ruthlessly kill the electoral process
2. Those that are culpable should face the law
3. Seargent Koli's video
4. APC had accepted defeat. Fayemi did.
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by Bigchief46(m): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2016
ddippset:
you have got comprehension problems.
You should at least try to be original: "you have got comprehension problems" is the default fall-back position on social media for peeps who have no answer to issues that are above their tiny brains. It's jaded so look for a better come-back or keep quiet if you have nothing of substance to offer
Re: #ekitigate: Fayose Can Be Prosecuted If Indicted, Says Falana by lagosrd: 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
TheFreeOne:
I beg to disagree. Fayose guber election has been laid to rest at the supreme court.

As for those who still believed Fayose rigged, I say they are on a long thing cos should that election be conducted again with Tinubu or Buhari as candidates it will still be a landslide for oshokomole.

The undeniable fact: Fayose is a grassroot politician, very popular and acceptable to his people.

Dont mind them they are all fraudstrated. They have now seenbthat supreme court cannot save them. So they resulted to blackmail. Wasbthe Lagos election nor marred with violence and shooting before and during the election. Have you mr falana been sleeping all this while. I met this guy in an hotel somewhere in s/west while on official assignment and I approached to say hello to him only gorbhim t ask me what I was doing there trust me I told him exactly why ure also here. Hypocrisy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From President Buhari's Vsit To France / Fuel Price Hike: Crack In Labour Camp Weakens Planned Strike / Kashamu’s Group Picks Abati, Daniel, As Dep Gov., Senatorial Candidates In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.