Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,691 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" (8372 Views)

"Men Are Totally Useless" - Lady Tells Man Who Advised Wives / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Fanirandele: 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
cococandy:
While you're right OP,
It is like that for those who want it to be.

If it was only in the case of cheating, it would even be good. There's active oppression of the female gender in Nigeria and only those who don't like the truth claim it is otherwise.
While the others will tell you it is supposed to be so. (According to their God of course) whom they've never seen but believe he endorses such.

Those who the status quo favor will look for every means and reason to ensure it is perpetuated with support form those who it doesn't favor but are too timid to go against the crowd.

That's why the debate fight will always go on until one there's equilibrium or one side gives in. cool

Abeg don't mind those guys, they pick whatever part they want from the Bible to suit their evil intents forgetting the same Bible condems adultery. The thing is 9ja women have caught up with them and give as good as they get only they are even better at the game grin. That's why many women turn a blind eye, tehy are also doing their own thing and so don't care wink

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by cococandy(f): 11:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
It's not like they don't know sha.

But it makes them feel better to say otherwise so who are we to burst their bubble?

Fanirandele:

Abeg don't mind those guys, they pick whatever part they want from the Bible to suit their evil intents forgetting the same Bible condems adultery. The thing is 9ja women have caught up with them and give as good as they get only they are even better at the game grin. That's why many women turn a blind eye, tehy are also doing their own thing and so don't care wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 11:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
crackhaus:

Bullshiit!

Even in the beloved western countries like USofA, it's the same attitude towards cheating husbands vs cheating wives...don't kid yourself.

You dey mind dem. Most of those who say that rubbish have never been to the US or any western world. Na God say make some of us dey US else dem for tell us say na head dem dey use waka for Yankee

Hillary Clinton must have been a Nigerian wife for not divorcing her cheating husband

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 11:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
raumdeuter:

You dey mind dem. Most of those who say that rubbish have never been to the US or any western world. Na God say make some of us dey US else dem for tell us say na head dem dey use waka for Yankee

Hillary Clinton must have been a Nigerian wife for not divorcing her cheating husband
Even Miami11 knows I'm correct and just didn't know how to respond before trying to rigmarole. grin

Bill Clinton is the one that cheated, Monica Lewinsky is the one who got most vilified by the public.
Bill Clinton continues to travel the world while still repping the title of ex Mr. President, Monica Lewinsky is nowhere to be found and I doubt she has been able to find good work since after that saga.

Hilary Clinton is getting good raves and nobody even tries very hard to make reference to her being the wife of the president who cheated, at least to dumb down her chances of being elected.
On the other hand, should Monica Lewinsky try to venture into politics, almost everyone will still see the woman who sucked a president's c0ck in the oval office. gringrin

Bill Clinton has been forgiven, while the victim Monica Lewinsky continues to hide her head in shame and is still trying to buy public sympathy by writing articles here and there about her affair... then someone went and decided to start the topic Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 12:01am On Feb 09, 2016
^^ Its only in Nigeria that such happens. Where the men aka Bill Clinton are saints and the women Monica Lewinsky are devil

That kind of thing can never happen in the civilized world like USA its only in Nigeria that such can happen
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 12:09am On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:
^^ Its only in Nigeria that such happens. Where the men aka Bill Clinton are saints and the women Monica Lewinsky are devil

That kind of thing can never happen in the civilized world like USA its only in Nigeria that such can happen
Bill Clinton's middle name must be Okechukwu, Monica Lewinsky has Fulani blood flowing in her veins.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by lovaleenny(f): 12:25am On Feb 09, 2016
greatness22:
When a woman cheats on the husband,
Nigerians brings the bible in and remind
you that the bible accepts divorce when a
partner cheats. But when a man cheats
on the wife and contact HIV from his
numerous lovers, Nigerians tell the wife to show him more love, they tell her
marriage is for better for worse, they tell
her to make love to him with a condom,
they tell her not to leave because God
hates divorce. Why are we like this nah?
why the double standards? what exactly is their offence in this country? Being
women? Jesus!!! .
What the fvck is all these?

You shouldn't blame the men o but blame the women who allowed society to walk all over dem and dictate which is which...ever wonder why they say "there's no difference between the bully and the victim"...the day women stop allowing themselves to be victimized is the day they'll start enjoying the much needed emancipation.

We read countless of thread about women suffering alot in marriage when they know they can walk out if only they stop being a victim. Last two months an old thread resurfaced abt a woman who was married to a man who's a sex addict...after reasonable people advised her to leave while she still can...atleast to clear her head and figure things out she still didn't listen...now the update was she got infected with std...i saw it and i wasn't gonna give her my sympathy. As u lay ur bed kindly lie on it.

There are women who actually know what they want plus also know their worth and are wise in choosing a life partner and they are enjoying their marriage till date...whoever is telling a woman that she can't remarry after having kids is living in fool's paradise coz divorcees marry so where they get their facts beats me.

Point is: blame the women; they are the ones who forgot to raise their sons well but concentrated so much on their daughters; they are the ones who will advise their fellow women to stay in abusive marriage and with cheating horseband all in the name of not allowing anoda woman snatch ur man;please if person buy clothes and along the line it turned to filth wouldn't u stop wearing it and throw it away rather than walk the rest of ur life in filthy clothes or better still let someone else take it coz it sure won't do u good.

Am still gonna say it i will rather live a life of peace of mind and comfortability alone than stay in a broken marriage where ur partner doesn't respect u or give u the necessary dignity. Women should go where they are wanted, they should stop being a victim and take responsibility for their actions,stop allowing men walk all over you,know ur worth,stop blaming the men,and lastly find inner peace within yourself.

My 2kobo!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 09, 2016
Take responsibility for yourself. People treat you the way You allow them to treat you. Why blame men and 9ja lol blame yourself for allowing such treatment. Life is easier than we make it. But I'm not Nigerian so what do I know huh?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Arsenate(m): 6:55am On Feb 09, 2016
Crackhoouse and raudmeter have destroyed this motttheeerfuuuking useless thread.
Op, go and sniff some more fufu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 09, 2016
crackhaus:

Even Miami11 knows I'm correct and just didn't know how to respond before trying to rigmarole. grin

Bill Clinton is the one that cheated, Monica Lewinsky is the one who got most vilified by the public.
Bill Clinton continues to travel the world while still repping the title of ex Mr. President, Monica Lewinsky is nowhere to be found and I doubt she has been able to find good work since after that saga.

Hilary Clinton is getting good raves and nobody even tries very hard to make reference to her being the wife of the president who cheated, at least to dumb down her chances of being elected.
On the other hand, should Monica Lewinsky try to venture into politics, almost everyone will still see the woman who sucked a president's c0ck in the oval office. gringrin

Bill Clinton has been forgiven, while the victim Monica Lewinsky continues to hide her head in shame and is still trying to buy public sympathy by writing articles here and there about her affair... then someone went and decided to start the topic Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" grin

I really like reading your comments most of the time but I think you had a strong drink before you wrote this one.

I want to see the Nigerian politician / president who will be treated like Bill Clinton for having cheated on his wife. grin

Monica hiding her head in shame for having given him oral action? grin
Boy, it was part of her plan and it worked out exactly as she wanted. She is swimming in money.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Pidggin(f): 8:47am On Feb 09, 2016
Saints indeed
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by bukatyne(f): 11:49am On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

We know she stayed because of her future political ambitions and I read she did not make it easy for him then.

Also, the fact that there are laws doesn't mean people would follow it; Muslim wives are not to change their surname to their husband's yet I am sure most of them do

Even most people who excuse adultery know it is a sin.

@greatness22:

The bolded says it all

Everyone hold the key to how they are treated.

Nubian113:
Take responsibility for yourself. People treat you the way You allow them to treat you. Why blame men and 9ja lol blame yourself for allowing such treatment. Life is easier than we make it. But I'm not Nigerian so what do I know huh?

lovaleenny:

You shouldn't blame the men o but blame the women who allowed society to walk all over dem and dictate which is which...ever wonder why they say "there's no difference between the bully and the victim"...the day women stop allowing themselves to be victimized is the day they'll start enjoying the much needed emancipation.
We read countless of thread about women suffering alot in marriage when they know they can walk out if only they stop being a victim. Last two months an old thread resurfaced abt a woman who was married to a man who's a sex addict...after reasonable people advised her to leave while she still can...atleast to clear her head and figure things out she still didn't listen...now the update was she got infected with std...i saw it and i wasn't gonna give her my sympathy. As u lay ur bed kindly lie on it.
There are women who actually know what they want plus also know their worth and are wise in choosing a life partner and they are enjoying their marriage till date...whoever is telling a woman that she can't remarry after having kids is living in fool's paradise coz divorcees marry so where they get their facts beats me.
Point is: blame the women; they are the ones who forgot to raise their sons well but concentrated so much on their daughters; they are the ones who will advise their fellow women to stay in abusive marriage and with cheating horseband all in the name of not allowing anoda woman snatch ur man;please if person buy clothes and along the line it turned to filth wouldn't u stop wearing it and throw it away rather than walk the rest of ur life in filthy clothes or better still let someone else take it coz it sure won't do u good.
Am still gonna say it i will rather live a life of peace of mind and comfortability alone than stay in a broken marriage where ur partner doesn't respect u or give u the necessary dignity. Women should go where they are wanted, they should stop being a victim and take responsibility for their actions,stop allowing men walk all over you,know ur worth,stop blaming the men,and lastly find inner peace within yourself.
My 2kobo!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by jashar(f): 11:56am On Feb 09, 2016
grin.
this is going to be good
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by jashar(f): 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
Elosky20:

Genesis 3:16
To the woman He said, "I
will greatly multiply Your
pain in childbirth, In pain
you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for
your husband, And he will
rule over you.
"

for a christian lady,not so. 2 Cor 5:17, Gal 3:13-14.' sides, he said husband not men.

Remember Gen 1:26-27, when God said let us make man... next verse says.. male and female He(God) created them. Man is male and female.
So, yeah.... it's my world wink
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by johnson232: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
bukatyne:

We know she stayed because of her future political ambitions and I read she did not make it easy for him then.
story......
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by bukatyne(f): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
johnson232:

story......

Story Story Story...

By PSquare
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
cococandy:
While you're right OP,
It is like that for those who want it to be.

If it was only in the case of cheating, it would even be good. There's active oppression of the female gender in Nigeria and only those who don't like the truth claim it is otherwise.
While the others will tell you it is supposed to be so. (According to their God of course) whom they've never seen but believe he endorses such.

Those who the status quo favor will look for every means and reason to ensure it is perpetuated with support form those who it doesn't favor but are too timid to go against the crowd.

That's why the debate fight will always go on until one there's equilibrium or one side gives in. cool
Am not on that side who gives in just like that.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by johnson232: 12:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
jashar:

So, yeah.... it's my world.

u want to collect this world from God almighty? shocked

why are u saying it's your world?

na like this lucifer take start o... grin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
It's nt just Nigeria , this is from the beginning of time where men believed that a baby girl must be killed at birth and boys to be celebrated. U see men think that women are inferior to them and they're devils etc etc since the beginning of time but they lack the knowledge that they bore women and women bore them
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by jashar(f): 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
johnson232:

u want to collect this world from God almighty? shocked

why are u saying it's your world?

na like this lucifer take start o... grin

See ya head. He put moi in charge here. I'm replicating His will down here. tongue

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
It's nt just Nigeria , this is from the beginning of time where men believed that a baby girl must be killed at birth and boys to be celebrated. U see men think that women are inferior to them and they're devils etc etc since the beginning of time but they lack the knowledge that they bore women and the women bore them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hmm, nice one Arisha.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by johnson232: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
bukatyne:

Story Story Story...

By PSquare
bukatyne...√

na PSquare even concoct the story for hillary clinton sef.. wink

those guys go make enough money sha... cheesy
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=lovaleenny post=42748589]

So on POINT.... Thumbs up to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by johnson232: 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
jashar:

See my small head like ant own grin we know...
He put moi in charge here. I'm replicating His will down here. tongue

ohh..
u mean lucifer put u incharge?

congrats dear... cheesy
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by johnson232: 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
greatness22:
Am not on that side who gives in just like that.
are u male or female?
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by jashar(f): 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
johnson232:

ohh..
u mean lucifer put u incharge?

congrats dear... cheesy

Smh@u. I'm out.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
johnson232:
are u male or female?
Very funny question bro.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Tallesty1:
So all these women that divorce their cheating husbands both in court and outside the court are foreigners?

No not foreigners but the society and the world will.still point fingers at her for not fixing her marriage or they might even say something like "maybe she lacked something thus he cheated" huh this sure is a man's world but.it's nothing without a woman in it
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
bukatyne:

Also, the fact that there are laws doesn't mean people would follow it; Muslim wives are not to change their surname to their husband's yet I am sure most of them do

And how does divorce affect political ambition especially when she's the victim?

This is America the bastion of civilization. They don't care about divorce moreover she's a Democrat

Do you know how many divorcees have great political careers in America

John McCain was a divorcee, former speaker Newt Gingrich divorced, current favorite for presidency Donald trump has been married multiple times. Even the person reputed to be America's best president by many Ronald Reagan divorced.

Summarily divorce have no bearing on political future.

And what do you mean by making it easy. Actually Lewinsky is suffering right now. She came out two years ago that she can't even get a job and she believes Hillary is after her misery.

Hillary isn't going after the grown man who cheated but after the 22yr old Monica

By the way congressman Anthony Weiner who was caught cheating, his wife hasn't left him till today.

I can give you many examples of top people like that
Not to forget kobe Bryant

If some of us have never been to America before na so dem for dey feed us zobo say dem no dey shit for America

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
greatness22:
When a woman cheats on the husband,
Nigerians brings the bible in and remind
you that the bible accepts divorce when a
partner cheats. But when a man cheats
on the wife and contact HIV from his
numerous lovers, Nigerians tell the wife to show him more love, they tell her
marriage is for better for worse, they tell
her to make love to him with a condom,
they tell her not to leave because God
hates divorce. Why are we like this nah?
why the double standards? what exactly is their offence in this country? Being
women? Jesus!!! .
What the fvck is all these?

grin
Nigerian men? Na dia way be dat. grin
I thought you nigerian women love that kin of treatment . Shior. .una Don dey complain. ? Una never see Oba yet.

Women dey hide dey cheat while men dey do their own in the open.

See even pagans reading bible verse sef when it suits them.
Twah.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Vyolet(f): 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
It does not only happen in Nigeria though, it happens almost everywhere, it is just that the Nigerian woman suffers more in such situation. . There are no strong laws protecting the right of women, her husband can do whatever he wishes and even seek for divorce since he has nothing to lose financially.
The society is not fair on the woman as well, when a woman tries to leave her man, everyone would encourage her to stay and endure till she eventually dies from the abuse, there is a bad tag on single old women and divorced women.
The best thing is for every woman to do what she feel is best for her, she shouldn't allow the society influence her decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is My Wife Taking Advantage Of Me ? / If Your Spouse Slaps You For The First Time, What Would You Do? / Help! Maid Now Hounds Me In The House Because I Saw Her unclothedness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.