Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst (20095 Views)

Amara Kanu Apologizes For Exposing Her Family Issues Online (Photos) / Sunday Oliseh Appointed As Head Coach Of Fortuna Sittard (Dutch Club) / Kanu Nwankwo And Oliseh Mourn Amodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Smellymouth: 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
Buhari :: Nigerians re criminals

Oliseh :: Nigerians re Insane ..

Well, I thank God for my country.. in Burundi, we don't call people insane or criminals..

1 Like

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by mayorjosh(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
practically dull human
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Vaabra01(f): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
me Neva gree ooo..beg me one more tym
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Wendyslim(f): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
Kk. We hear
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by centyboy: 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Pascal181: 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Medicine after death. Apology not accepted.
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by kenzysmith: 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
The only apology we expect is for him to resign that alls
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Realhommie(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
flokii:
this country is just so fvcked up... makes me sad really

why sack d former coach with commendable feats.. only to employ a slowpoke who has nothing to offer

they even blocked d former's chance abroad... too bad
The difference is that Keshi was given time, afterwards Nigerians like yu got fed up and wanted him to go which the NFF obliged... Oliseh is new, he's only been on the job for months with just 11 matches to his name, the records says 5 wins, 4 draws n 2 defeats (1 official ).. So how is he a slowpoke? Dn't you think he deserves time? For the first time in over a year we managed to move up in world rankings 3 places, is that a negative development? Do yu know he hasn't been paid 4 2 months? Do yu know he hasn't been assigned his official residence here in naija? Do yu know the super eagles are still being owed bonuse for months? Oliseh is human like yu, give him a break plz...
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by flokii: 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Realhommie:
The difference is that Keshi was given time, afterwards Nigerians like yu got fed up and wanted him to go which the NFF obliged... Oliseh is new, he's only been on the job for months with just 11 matches to his name, the records says 5 wins, 4 draws n 2 defeats (1 official ).. So how is he a slowpoke? Dn't you think he deserves time? For the first time in over a year we managed to move up in world rankings 3 places, is that a negative development? Do yu know he hasn't been paid 4 2 months? Do yu know he hasn't been assigned his official residence here in naija? Do yu know the super eagles are still being owed bonuse for months? Oliseh is human like yu, give him a break plz...

Ok!

i guess he's fed up with d Nigerian treatment. or why d outburst

anywaiz I dnt av beef with him... m pretty sure he'll get sacked soon

you know d drill na
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by smartmoses(m): 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
#ItIsTooLateOliseh
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by smartmoses(m): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
smartmoses:
#ItIsTooLateOliseh
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by bigtt76(f): 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
The witches wen hin de complain about don set am up grin guy de do make den Sack am and NFL nor wan gree tongue
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by sheubaba2013: 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nff pls the match against Egypt by next month should be played in port Harcourt, because of the following reasons abeg no politics: 1). super eagles have never lost any match at the Adokie Amesiamaka stadium in ph 2). Home fans support: that's why I like ph because is a home for entertainment. Believe u me the stadium will full to the brim. 3). Our amiable governor chief barrister wike love soccer so much that all the international matches that have been played in that stadium so far is free of charge for the spectators. 4). Ph is a very popular and developed city 5). Most of the players will be happy playing in ph 6). Even the expertrates (oyinbo) refuse to leave ph because ph is sweet. There is a popular saying by Duncan mighty in one of his song that "oyinbo no gree go" because ph sweet. 7). Security cool. Good pitch. They have Water sprinklers for the grasses in the stadium and the maintenance is applauded. 9). Wike will be happy to host the national team due to his recent victory at the supreme Court 10) Add your own...sheubaba. N/B: plz let this write up hit the front page. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oliseh also one criticised keshi,so he should shut d f*ck up.
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Judolisco(m): 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oliseh werey Na to dey blame keshi u sabi
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by sheubaba2013: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nff pls the match against Egypt by next month should be played in port Harcourt, because of the following reasons abeg no politics: 1). super eagles have never lost any match at the Adokie Amesiamaka stadium in ph 2). Home fans support: that's why I like ph because is a home for entertainment. Believe u me the stadium will full to the brim. 3). Our amiable governor chief barrister wike love soccer so much that all the international matches that have been played in that stadium so far is free of charge for the spectators. 4). Ph is a very popular and developed city 5). Most of the players will be happy playing in ph 6). Even the expertrates (oyinbo) refuse to leave ph because ph is sweet. There is a popular saying by Duncan mighty in one of his song that "oyinbo no gree go" because ph sweet. 7). Security cool. Good pitch. They have Water sprinklers for the grasses in the stadium and the maintenance is applauded. 9). Wike will be happy to host the national team due to his recent victory at the supreme Court 10) Add your own...sheubaba. Abeg let this write up hit front page

1 Like

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Goke7: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
Am just waiting for our matches against Egypt before I finally judge Oliseh but the man is already giving himself away too fast. He is beginning to make my conclusions so perfect.

The Enyeama debacle was a big pointer but how long are we going to wait befgore this man bring more damage.

Oliseh lacks confidence in himself and is already rubbing off on our players
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Realhommie(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
flokii:

Ok!

i guess he's fed up with d Nigerian treatment. or why d outburst

anywaiz I dnt av beef with him... m pretty sure he'll get sacked soon

you know d drill na
He's frustrated and rightly so... It doesn't help either that he's been put under severe pressure which IMO is not healthy... The outburst was as a result of the pressure getting to him, he had to vent a lil... I think the NFF should sit up
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by babadem2much(m): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
This guy indiscipline na grade 1 imagine ooo

he write the apology on Sunday what an Oliseh

chai
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Ehid(m): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
A person who does not accept criticism does not or seldom goes far in life. I don't see Sunday Oliseh laughing last. His inexperience is becoming the more glaring on every move he makes on and off the field. This is evident from this latest outburst of his. The best apology he can give to Nigerians is qualifying for AFCON 2017.
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by otokx(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Was so upset when Oliseh said CHAN was never a priority for him. There is no explanation for this display of arrogant irresponsibility.

I'm happy for the coach of DRC, their FA is working.

We need to set the bar for our local coaches in the local league and use the best team in the local league together with the coach to form the bulk of our contingent to CHAN in the future.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by oluwasegun007(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
those of us who knew how he left the super eagles as a player won't be surprised........ undecided

1 Like

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by donbenie(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Naija done enter one chance..
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by AkumahTalk(m): 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Sorry for yourself!!

robosky02:
The Super Eagles coach has retraced his steps following his biting at his critics via his video channel at the weekend

This is certainly not the best of times for Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh after his team’s ouster from the African Nations Championship.

The Super Eagles were eliminated from the tournament meant for players based in their country’s domestic leagues in the group stage, following a 1-0 defeat to Guinea which has made many question his suitability for the role.

On Sunday, the 41-year-old took to his YouTube channel to address criticism of his work and called out “insane” critics who do not believe in his ability to lead the team.

After the video caused uproar nationwide, it seems the coach has seen the error of his ways and has tendered an apology to the Nigeria Football Federation as well as the fans for causing a scene.

Tijani Babangida, a member of his backroom staff told Goal that the former national team captain has expressed regret at his action.

“He just sent a letter of apology apologizing to everyone for his utterances and that he is sorry that he never wanted to attack the NFF or embarrass them,” Babangida told Goal.

“He was just hurt and wanted the whole world to know that we have not been given money and he is also frustrated due to the high attacks on him and his crew.”

However, Demola Olajire, the NFF’s director of media, said that he had not been informed of the coach’s letter of apology as at the time of filing this report.

Oliseh was appointed coach of the Super Eagles in July 2015 following the sacking of Stephen Keshi.

Despite his seeming inexperience, the NFF trusted him with the job and even referred to him as the “Pep Guardiola of Africa” in hopes that he would turn around the fortunes of the Super Eagles.

In 11 matches, Oliseh has lost two, once in a competitive game, won five and drawn four.

Nigeria will face Egypt in a double header next month as they continue their bid to qualify for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon.

However, the recent back and forth after the CHAN elimination has overshadowed preparations for the game and it is not yet known when the coach will present his programme as well as player invitations for the two matches.

Nigeria failed to qualify for the last tournament in Equatorial Guinea and now find themselves facing group leaders Egypt in must win matches next month.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigerian-football/2016/02/08/20141032/oliseh-apologizes-to-nigerians-after-youtube-outburst?ICID=HP_HN_1
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Charly68: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
I blamed the NFF body for employing an inexperienced coach..the guy talk too much & he is highly temperamental.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by vislabraye(m): 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
jerryunit48:
Ah ! Dis guy no sabi take criticism at all ,why e come be coach now ? Na there dem dey criticize well well , my guy forget jooor just produce good result or leave

And na him criticise Keshi pass O.
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Marotzke(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
The first statement Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh made after taking over as super eagles coach, is to tell Nigerians that he is not Igbo. ( as if anybody asked him)

Someone with such identity crisis and manifest mental instability should not be heading any organisation let alone a national football coach.

His tirades against keshi, as a football analyst with super sports and physical assault on Samsom Sia sia during 94' world cup does not portray him as a team player. Now these immature outbursts.

The only reason he is still coach is that politically ambitious Amaju Pinnick does not know how to explain to Deltans that under him two Deltans Keshi and Oliseh were fired in quick successions.
Sooner or later the NFF chairman will do the needful and rid us of this Oliseh Phenomenon .

41 years? Oliseh started playing for Julius Berger FC of lagos 1985. Please someone should do the maths.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Realhommie:
Just forget about guys on Nairaland. They know nothing about football and what is happening in NFF. Yet, they want to win every trophy.

The best coach in the world cannot suceed in Nigeria because of the porous management. Westerhoff started the job of coaching the Super Eagles with a failure. Amodu, Christian Chukwu, Jo Bonfere, Keshi and so on failed at one point and another.

Amunike also failed at U-17 African Championship but later won the World Cup. Even before then, people were saying sack, sack, sack him.

Nigeria should give Oliseh time like the way they gave others, for he'll prove his critics wrong.
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by Realhommie(m): 12:03am On Feb 09, 2016
DeeTus:
Just forget about guys on Nairaland. They know nothing about football and what is happening in NFF. Yet, they want to win every trophy.

The best coach in the world cannot suceed in Nigeria because of the porous management. Westerhoff started the job of coaching the Super Eagles with a failure. Amodu, Christian Chukwu, Jo Bonfere, Keshi and so on failed at one point and another.

Amunike also failed at U-17 African Championship but later won the World Cup. Even before then, people were saying sack, sack, sack him.

Nigeria should give Oliseh time like the way they gave others, for he'll prove his critics wrong.
Rightly said..
Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by preselect(m): 12:19am On Feb 09, 2016
[size=14pt]Booharia calls nigerians criminals
Oliseh calls nigerians insane

and here's pastor bakare calling nigerians Idiots, foolish nigerians. . . grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZDbGVFIjuI

hmmnn. . . . . and many nigerians agree that they are idiots

Buhari's Nigeria. . . . . a land of insane, foolish, idiotic criminals. . . grin . . . . no be me de talk

make una no complian when nnamdi kanu calls nigeria a zoo
[/size]
#BringBackOurGirlsO

Re: Oliseh 'Apologizes' To Nigerians After Youtube Outburst by schoolfeez: 1:03am On Feb 09, 2016
make una welcome me first

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? / Asisat Oshoala Scores To Take Barcelona Into Champions League Semi-Final. / Injury: Mikel Obi Out Of AFCON 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.