Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! (1182 Views)

Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” / South African Lady Living With HIV Says "I Won’t Allow HIV To Limit Me" / Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! by ksolution(m): 11:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Most women can agree that periods are annoying and painful but is anyone doing anything to make the experience a little less dreadful?

One company wants to turn painful periods into “chill” periods using marijuana, a drug known for medicinal, as well as recreational, uses. The weed capsule has been dubbed “Foria Relief,” by the company Foria, which also launched a popular marijuana-infused sexual lubricant.

The capsule is a small, cocoa butter-based insert that is being marketed as a pain reliever for women’s menstrual cramps. The tampon-sized vaginal suppository is blended with a 6 to 1 ratio of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) oil concentrate and cannabidiol (CBD) isolate, respectively. THC works by targeting the nerves to “block out pain,” while CBD acts as an anti-inflammatory and as an antispasmodic by treating muscle spasms that occur from menstruation and ovulation.

“Our intention is to share the powerful medicinal properties of this plant while utilizing modern extraction techniques to standardize purity and potency, thereby ensuring a safe and accessible experience for all women,” the FORIA website reads.

Sure, it’s pretty much been proven that cannabis is not harmful or toxic. But does this pill work? Some users swear by it, as you will find in reviews of the product which is made in northern California. However, some women are reluctant to try the pill because it’s not FDA approved — at least not yet.

Dr Helen Webberley, of the Oxford Online Pharmacy, told the Huffington Post that all medicines in the US must be passed by the FDA.

“This capsule has not even been studied yet and it hasn’t been passed by the FDA. The assumption is that, as cannabis can cause muscle relaxation, it may help to ease period pains. I would be very worried about women using this product before it has been fully evaluated,” she said.

So, there you have it. Miracle pain reliever or scam — only time will tell.
Re: Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! by vicstar(m): 11:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
nice1 cool now this is worth knowing
Re: Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! by sinaj(f): 2:03am On Feb 09, 2016
Is period really painful

Btw I nid dat marijuana capsule, for somtin else wink
Re: Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! by Qualer: 2:52am On Feb 09, 2016
sinaj:
Is period really painful

Btw I nid dat marijuana capsule, for somtin else wink

i can provide it it for you if you are serious... for somtin else! grin
Re: Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! by Nobody: 3:31am On Feb 09, 2016
I come from a family of mostly girls yet its only female friends who complain of cramps during menstruation.
Is my family lucky or there's something all my sisters do/eat that alleviates this pain?
Re: Women Are Inserting Cannabis Pills In Their Vaginas & You Won’t Believe Why! by sinaj(f): 7:56am On Feb 09, 2016
Qualer:

i can provide it it for you if you are serious... for somtin else! grin
lol

(1) (Reply)

When To Test Your Blood Glucose / 6 Effective Ways To Get Rid Of Under Eye Bags / “The King Of All Herbs”(mushroom Of Immortality)”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.