Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” (33068 Views)

This Is Why You Should Hire A Workout Instructor When Lifting Weights(Photos) / Sandra Bassey Distributes COVID-19 Palliatives In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by mantosa(m): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2018
“Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” – Female Fitness Instructor (PICS)

Lifting weights is the best thing I’ve ever done for my body.

The idea that a girl starts looking like a man as soon as she picks up a dumbbell scares a lot of women away from the gym.

This is probably why I see women perform a 30-minute sprint on the stationary treadmill/ bicycle or an aerobic activity, and call it a day.

99% of my clients are women and the look on their faces when I ask them to do certain weighted exercises is hilarious! One of my female clients told me she wouldn’t do a cable machine lat pull down (back exercise) because it was ‘a man’s exercise’. I’d never been so dumbfounded in my life!

Now, let me break it down. The science behind fitness and our bodies makes it almost impossible for a woman to have excessive muscle to the point where she looks like a stereotypical female bodybuilder solely because she lifts weights. Here are the reasons why.

Physiology

Both men and women produce testosterone which is essential for hormonal balance and body functionality but males have much higher levels of testosterone than females.

Testosterone is responsible for the masculine secondary sex characteristics like excess facial hair, deeper voice, and increase in muscle mass. A woman’s body is usually incapable of producing enough testosterone to enable her look like a man. So it will take a lot of years, a LOT of heavy weights, and a lot of steroid-based drugs to push a woman’s body over her natural limit.

Resistance Training and Hormonal Adaptations

Because females have less free testosterone than males at rest, any increase is not significant enough to allow for muscle hypertrophy to the extent of a male.

Nutrition

Another secret lies within the realm of nutrition. In order to gain substantial amounts of muscle, you need to be eating a substantial amount of food. Because females are typically smaller than males in bone mass, we require less overall calories to meet our energy needs.

If a male and a female were put in the same nutrition and training regime, the female would most likely gain a large amount of unwanted fat.

Weightlifting actually makes your muscles STRONGER, not necessarily BIGGER

If you pump yourself full of testosterone and eat way more calories than you are burning every day, sure, you could get bigger. This is why female body builders exist. They do exactly that: BODY BUILDING.

However, if you pick up heavy things, and eat caloric-deficit foods, your muscles will get stronger and denser; you will burn the fat on top of your muscle, and you will get that “toned” look that you’re after. And the more muscle, the higher your metabolism.

Masculinization in females does NOT occur as a result of [heavy] weight training, but rather because of excess androgenic hormones (testosterone) coupled with the correct stimulus for muscle growth (chronic resistance training) and diet directed at muscle growth.

The ‘masculine’ female bodybuilders usually depicted in media achieve their physique by taking steroids in order to increase their muscle mass and size. The females who are not doing this can lift as hard and as heavy as they want, and will come nowhere close to looking like a man.

So ladies don’t be afraid of going to the gym to lift weights. You will tone up your body and still look sexy as ever.

Live your best life and remember to stay SOfit!

Source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/lifting-weights-wont-make-look-manly-sandra-okeke/

9 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Babyforever(f): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
I'll gladly accept to be a lesbian for only one day just to smash this cool

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Babyforever(f): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
u

2 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Heemcelph: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2018
shocked shocked cry cry cry

19 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Heemcelph: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
Babyforever:
You're either a les or a dude..
I said it, comman beat me.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Babyforever(f): 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
Heemcelph:
You're either a les or a dude.. I said it, comman beat me.
What is wrong with one being a lesbian undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Heemcelph: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
Babyforever:
What is wrong with one being a lesbian undecided
Absolutely nothing

20 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Babyforever(f): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
Heemcelph:
Absolutely nothing
Then go be basic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Olifiz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
Babyforever:

What do u want to use to do the smashing?
Are u a herm, full trans, transgendered......?

14 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Babyforever(f): 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
Olifiz:

What do u want to use to do the smashing? Are u a herm, full trans, transgendered......?
It's non of your business

6 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Olifiz(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
Babyforever:

True dat smasher.

4 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Jh0wsef(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by glamorousbluice(f): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hot

1 Like

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by moneyadulttube: 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2018
body building is different from fitness gyming

4 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by eseveli(m): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
so nobody talk about Fela 21years death anniversary today.. OP thunder fire you from kalakuta Republic oooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
See her flat breast.
Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by kaen1317: 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
I need my ladies soft and gentle for good smooshing...not bony and muscular...

10 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by omooba969(m): 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ok
Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
cool
Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by chukzyfcbb: 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
I say it all the time but they are too scared to listen to me.

It all bores down to one thing TESTERONE, which the women produce in lesser quantities than the males.
Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by zena2009(f): 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
Now this is what l call caramel, African gold, organic, black girls bam.

3 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by 2kris(m): 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
Babyforever:
you are drawing too much attention to yourself

7 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
More often than not.....
Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
Chaii shocked

my spec kiss
Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by LazyNairalander(m): 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
Me I lie, I was busy looking at the pictures ooo. I swear I didn't read anything.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by Mcsteamy1429: 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
See as the nyash be like stone!

1 Like

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by YurFatHer: 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
omo lo dun bai, shoma lo dubai

5 Likes

Re: Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” by oshe11: 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
But she looks MANLY and STRONG

I mean I know a Soft butt n boobs when I see one

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Accidentally Cuts Off His Testicles While Dreaming About Cutting Meat / Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth / Kwara Records Two Coronavirus Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.