Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? (8878 Views)

Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's / Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by binhozie(m): 5:15am On Jul 04, 2009
Its not like i have been looking forward to it, and is disappointed. The thing is, i have never fallen anywhere, be it in my church, a crusade, whereva.
Everyone around me falls except me. There was this incident in church where the man of God waved his hand over the area we were. Everyone, i mean EVERYONE around me (about 70-100) fell down muttering things, some crying, some outright sleeping. Me i was just left standing like a lone tree in the midst of fallen trees. I didnt know whether to fall, or run away. I was embarrased. Why am i different?
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by SirJohn(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2009
Are you sure you really want to? Ok here are some tips: Go and touch the public power supply cable feeding the step down transformer in your area if that doesnt work, come back for another tip.
Lol
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:30am On Jul 04, 2009
binhozie:

Its not like i have been looking forward to it, and is disappointed. The thing is, i have never fallen anywhere, be it in my church, a crusade, whereva.
Everyone around me falls except me. There was this incident in church where the man of God waved his hand over the area we were. Everyone, i mean EVERYONE around me (about 70-100) fell down muttering things, some crying, some outright sleeping. Me i was just left standing like a lone tree in the midst of fallen trees. I didnt know whether to fall, or run away. I was embarrased. Why am i different?

shouldn't it be a very personal experience between yourself and GOD?? undecided

why are you so concerned about people around you??
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by SirJohn(m): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2009
On a more serious note binhozie, you can check out this link:
http://www.searchingtogether.org/articles/oconner/slain.htm
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Tudor6(f): 7:54am On Jul 04, 2009
You haven't fallen under anointing because samuel the prophet isn't around anymore to pour oil on peoples head. He's DEAD.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by jagunlabi(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2009
Lol! grin
I can identify with this because it happened to me a number of times.While people are reeling around in "spirit",i am just looking on. smiley
My friend,it only means that your spirit has matured way beyond what is going on around you in such surroundings and that you are not buying into the whole shenanigan.It means that you are immune to the religious hypnosis.
Lucky you! smiley
binhozie:

Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by manmustwac(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2009
you have to be brainwashed to fall under annointing
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2009
I hereby ignore all further posts that will trash what I'm about to write here.

I'm answering your question from the point of view of a Christian, binhozie. When the Spirit of God moves and comes in contact with people's spirits, sometimes there is a violent reaction. That's because the people spirit are to a certain degree anti-Spirit-of-God. However, sometimes, the move is so strong that even people who ae right with God may fall. Different things happen.

I heard of a man who walked into a service when the presence of God was very heavy. Everyone was sitted very quietly, no one was saying or doing anything. And this man walked in. He went to the altar and said his sinner's prayer by himself.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by wirinet(m): 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2009
The term " falling under anointing" did not start from the new style of Christianity ( Pentecostalism), we africans had been doing it for hundreds of years if not thousands, it is an inherent part of our African religious practices. You either work your self into a trance by dancing, repetitive chants or vigorous dances until you lose all sense of being. Also the state can be induced by hypnotism, where by you submit your will completely to that of the hypnotist. It could be a professional hypnotist or a pastor, imam, guru, etc.

Now if you do not give in to the effects, you will never fall under anointing, even if the pastor pushes your head forcefully.

I no not understand what Christians gain after the "Anointing" apart from giving their whole life and possessions to God (or is it his representatives). Because you will see the same people rolling on the floor and speaking tongues week in, week out, without any change in their life or their situations.

Also the term "being in the Presence of God" is very strange. It connotes that there are places on the earth or is it in the universe that God is sometimes absent from and therefore is oblivious of what goes on there.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by dayokanu(m): 5:57am On Jul 05, 2009
I dont believe in falling down I think its mostly stage managed
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Tudor6(f): 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2009
^^
Exactly!
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Marlbron: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2009
My 2 cents here.

Our so called annointings are mostly invocation of elementary spirits which came make spiritually unstable people to fall. Sometimes the fall is from physics. if you close your eyes and somebody delivers a sharp push at the temple, you can as well fall. You are lucky that you have a higher calling and spirit than your pastors. Thank God. When a preacher says Jesus, Jesus, or in the name of Jesus, is he calling Our Lord Jesus Christ? I doubt it. There are many Jesus but only one Our Lord Jesus Christ. The more you look the less you see. Remember: "many will say Lord I did this in your name, " These were all prophesised read 2nd Tim 4: 2 to 4.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by JJYOU: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2009
Tudór:

You haven't fallen under anointing because samuel the prophet isn't around anymore to pour oil on peoples head. He's DEAD.
you answer your name rightly
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Tudor6(f): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2009
Buzz off abeg.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by sleek29(m): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ dayokanu, maybe you should try it , fall backwards unconsciously. and tell me if you still find yourself hale and hearty.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by tkb417(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
why shld i fall?
when im not under any spell?

falling is strictly for the witches and wizards like Tudor

Let Tudor go to the RCCG camp, the kind of demons that will be flying from his heart will make him fall facedown with his skull probably broken grin
iwin amo esu odara grin
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by MrCrackles(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2009
Fall under annointing? shocked
Dem never born the annointee well! grin
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by cbjonstage(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ poster,
dont mind those carnal pple. its a spiritual thing. until u understands d things of d spirit b4 u see results.
Again, every human differ 4rm d other. what i mean, the way u feel when u see an injured victim in an accident with pool of blood is different d other person, so it is in dis kinda annointing thing.

acknowledge urself b4 God, desire HIM wholeheartedly u see what u want.
other post can still be of help
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2009
we had this youth group when we were young in Nigeria.
One of the senior pastors came round to preach, talk and pray.

On one occassion also known as anointing/miracle service. this guy came round speaking in tongues and what not. Everyone he touched fell like a crumbling pack of card.

When he touched my head, i no fall.
Dude said he all wanted to say . . . . . . nothing happen.

He left me alone then went on to the others who fell under the anointing.
Dude came back to me afterwards but this time, he used both hands to grab my head and moved/pushed me around. . . . . .i still no gree fall.

Pastor started saying things like, you are resisting the power of God. . . . etc etc

for 5 good minutes pastor no gree allow me.  I finally gave in and choreographed my fall under the anointing.

Although i have never fallen under the anointing, i do believe that the power of God can genuinely overwhelm some people.
but something i've noticed is that it is only a set/group of people who always fall under the anointing. Why is this?

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by jagunlabi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
Hahahahaha!This story is priceless.I don laff taya! cheesy cheesy
OMO IBO:

we had this youth group when we were young in Nigeria.
One of the senior pastors came round to preach, talk and pray.

On one occassion also known as anointing/miracle service. this guy came round speaking in tongues and what not. Everyone he touched fell like a crumbling pack of card.

When he touched my head, i no fall.
Dude said he all wanted to say . . . . . . nothing happen.

He left me alone then went on to the others who fell under the anointing.
Dude came back to me afterwards but this time, he used both hands to grab my head and moved/pushed me around. . . . . .i still no gree fall.

Pastor started saying things like, you are resisting the power of God. . . . etc etc

for 5 good minutes pastor no gree allow me. I finally gave in and choreographed my fall under the anointing.

Although i have never fallen under the anointing, i do believe that the power of God can genuinely overwhelm some people.
but something i've noticed is that it is only a set/group of people who always fall under the anointing. Why is this?
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by jowea: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2009
[quote author=dayokanu
I dont believe in falling down I think its mostly stage managed
[quote][/quote]. PLS DNT PLAY WITH SPIRITUAL MATAS ABEG
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by slimfine(f): 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
what about the power of satan? that one fit make people fall. many of this annoiting this, annoiting that doesn't come from God.
if it does what is the essence of it? you fall, you get up and go back to living in this scartered/messed up system of things. absurd!
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by jagunlabi(m): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2009
And you come back the next sunday service or the next "crusade" to fall again.Life is full of spasms,falls and get ups. grin

As for the essence of it all,there is none.It is all a S.H.O.W. to confuse and impress the weak and the gullible.
slimfine:

what about the power of satan? that one fit make people fall. many of this annoiting this, annoiting that doesn't come from God.
if it does what is the essence of it? you fall, you get up and go back to living in this scartered/messed up system of things. absurd!
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by bawomolo(m): 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2009
lol@omo ibo's story.

it's all theatrics.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by ogbronx(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2009
abeg! how do you measure the presence of God.a daft individual here said sth like when the presence of God is heavy.so God's presence come in levels abi!?what is anointing and falling under the influence of the spirit?my friend let me tell you.i ve been to such crusades and so called miracle nights,i refused to allow they evil spirit they spread to pple affect me.why should you fall when your spirit is clean?i can agree to violent physical reaction when demons are cast from pple.who says that God's presence is only in Holy gatherings.if the spirit of GOD make you fall,shake,sleep or die.then they should happen to a christain regardless of where he/she is like office,driving,walking and even straffing!
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2009
At topic, it simply means you are conciously or uncouciosly resisting the touch of the HOLY SPIRIT
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Tudor6(f): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
^^
since when did the holy spirit become mike tyson or samuel peter?
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by mahal(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
This is serious, maybe your Juju strong pass the Prophet own undecided
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by hackney(m): 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2009
I've been in similar situations where everybody was just falling and i didn't simply because nothing pushed me down.
That was years and years ago and  i just thought then that i was probably on a different channel.
Also went to a fellowship at Uni and as a newcomer to the fellowship, they prayed and prayed for us.
Then came the annointing (or head-pushing) which almost turned into a wrestling match because this man was trying to push me over.

I just don't get it or it doesn't happen to some of us.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by MrCrackles(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2009
ifedy:

At topic, it simply means you are conciously or uncouciosly resisting the touch of the HOLY SPIRIT

Will you shut the fuc.k up, slowpoke! tongue
You are a liar
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Olayinkaoj(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2009
I dont know what to say again, with the drama of omo Ibo
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by slimfine(f): 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2009
jagunlabi:

And you come back the next sunday service or the next "crusade" to fall again.Life is full of spasms,falls and get ups. grin

As for the essence of it all,there is none.It is all a S.H.O.W. to confuse and impress the weak and the gullible.

I thought I was the only one who sees the stupidity of it all!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / What Are You Thanking God For Nigeria At 62? / How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.