Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Rag Doll: A Short Twisted Tale. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rag Doll: A Short Twisted Tale. (473 Views)

TWISTED By Faithlyn Williams / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rag Doll: A Short Twisted Tale. by RemenZack(f): 8:53am On Feb 09, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I remember being little, so little that I couldn't walk too well with my own two stunted feet. I remember playing around with my Mother, who would bake the nicest of Cakes and Cookies. I got to eat even more delectable Cakes and Cookies on my Birthdays.

I got to be the only Child in the small house, where I now lived in with my Grandmother for many, many years. I didn't have much memories whatsoever about my birth Mother and I got to find out so much more in the most mind boggling manner.

It was my 18th birthday and I was only a few sheep away from being 21 and fully legal. Boy, was I going to have a good time! I had major plans to fly out of the small Town and move to the bigger part of the City, to live with a close friend, Cassandra.

My name is Alecia Davies and I was 18 when I realised I was just a doll, a worn out, washed and battered rag doll.

My Grandmother was the one packing my stuffs, both personal and private into my bags when I returned from a short trip with my Boyfriend, Pete.

"Mom, what are you doing that? You should be resting instead," I cajoled mildly, making my Mother's face lit up and bask in the evening sunset, incandescent through the room's window.

"No, let me! You're going to be out of Town for a lot of months and I won't get to pamper you like a Child anymore. Let me do so just this once!". She was persistent and I couldn't stop her frail self. I smiled at her and placed a kiss on her Cheek as I undressed right in front of her.

She looked up at me and pointed at my two large breasts, making my full Chest obvious.

"You've such lovely breasts, Alecia. Has Pete seen them yet?" She questioned, trying to multi-task, fixing my bags and examining my body parts intently.

"Of course not! We are both ready to wait before the official show and tell of our bodies. Pete is willing to wait and so am I," I answered, trying to cover up my unclothedness now. My Grandmother laughed and walked away from my bare sight, before I was alone to take a nice, long shower in the Bathroom.

I heard voices downstairs and I thought it was just the neighbours. I was now in a white, stainless dress and a pair of pink flip-flops, the one Pete got me last Valentine's day.

I raced myself downstairs but my feet stopped for a minute and some more, making me eavesdrop momentarily.

"I've come to tell her the truth. She's old enough to know all about it now. I don't want to die being an evil witch to the poor girl," The lady voice almost yelled at my Grandmother, making me tensed.

"You're going to die now?" Grandmother asked, making me wonder who the lady might actually be. I also wondered vaguely who the poor girl was.

It was like a melodrama to my ears, making me urge to eavesdrop some more.

"Yes! I've Cancer and I'm dying. It has been years. You made me take in your own daughter into my Life and Home and abandon her after only a few years, just to make myself the villain of the whole situation. I'm wiser now and I've come to confess!" The lady persisted.

"No! You can't! I committed a grave sin with an Ex-lover and I couldn't and still can't admit the whole truth to Alecia. That would be too confusing for her tiny brain. Please don't, Michelle!".

It was as if I couldn't hear clearly or my ears were deceiving me. I became ashen and my throat dry as a toad's skin. Why was Grandmother talking about me? And who was this Michelle person? Was she who I thought she really was?!

"No, I've to die in peace and the girl deserves to know the truth. Her Father is probably still alive and she deserves to know him. She deserves to call you Mother!" Michelle argued, her voice now like a trumpet.

"Mother? Who is Mother?" I asked, revealing my face and figure like a new billboard in Town.

Both identical ladies turned their gaze at me at the same time, as if on cue, their faces ashen and blanch.

"Alecia, my darling!" Grandmother cooed, her hands reaching for me.

"Alecia, we have something to tell you," Michelle quickly quipped, making Grandmother cry. I hated seeing Grandmother cry but this time, I was only thinking about my well being and not hers.

"Alecia, please listen to me," Grandmother said in a conciliatory tone but I moved further and further away from her.

That was the last time I laid my eyes on my real Mother, who claimed to be my Grandmother for so long, just because of a grave sin she dipped her hands in, making me the Child of an Ex-Senator. Grandmother made my own Sister act as a Mother figure and also made her abandon me, just to make her look like a Saint to my eyes. I couldn't believe my ears or eyes anymore. I was a rag doll with no real or true feelings.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Stand / Our Institutions; The Supposed Epitome Of Learning / The Black Water Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.