Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,448 members, 7,954,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Victory Through Praise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Victory Through Praise (574 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Teaching: Topic - Encounter With Fresh Oil Through Praise! / Victory Through Praise / Keys To Experiencing God's Wonders Through Praise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Victory Through Praise by kpakpandoN(m): 10:11am On Feb 09, 2016
In essence, God has destroyed the value and quality of our enemies and has also put their failure, disgrace and shame in open display for all to see. Victory is always presented in the Bible as achieved by God without human intervention. This reality makes it absolutely necessary to praise God whenever we are confronted by the enemy, knowing that victory is assured in Jesus' name.
The Bible also presents praise as a spiritual language that can reach beyond the intellect to touch the heart of God. Whenever God wants to do something really supernatural, He calls for an army of musical warriors, to bombard the stronghold of the enemy. Such was the case in the time of Jehoshaphat King of Judah who deployed divine warriors, an army of worshipers, to march into battle with musical instrument in their hands and songs of praises in their mouths. As they praised and worshiped God, He rose on their behalf and completely destroyed all their enemies. 2 Chronicles 20:22 says:
"And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten".

What I know for sure is that if you praise God, His enemies cannot stand by. Some 30 years ago, we went to Otukpo town in the Middle Belt Region of Nigeria for a programme, with some students. I planned to talk on divine healing. Then, we began to praise God so intensely that the glory of God descended and I forgot every other scripture I planned for the sermon except Luke 1:37. Suddenly, there were clusters of students kneeling and praying in tongues though they had never heard of the Holy Ghost baptism before. Others joined them praying in tongues and at the end of the day I could not preach. Go ahead now, praise God until you bring down His glory today! Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Besseting Sins And The Temptation You Easily Fall For. / Why Believing God Through Miracles Is Dangerous / The Best Reply To Why God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.