Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Why Believing God Through Miracles Is Dangerous - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believing God Through Miracles Is Dangerous (555 Views)

Practical Ways To Draw Near To God Through Faith. / The Importance Of Being Thankful To God Through Charity / The Internet Spreading Reports Of Miracles Is Killing Atheism And Will Continue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Believing God Through Miracles Is Dangerous by NifemiOlu(m): 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
Miracles convey the idea of God and they are to increase the faith and trust of God’s elect people. But it should be known that as present-day Christians, it has become a really dangerous thing if the only way we see God is via miracles.

Firstly, we need to understand that the Devil can perform miracles (Deuteronomy 13:2-13, Mathew 7:22 & Rev. 13:13-end) in an attempt to deceive believers. The reason why the bible warned Christians to test all spirits is not far-fetched (1 Th 5:21; 1 Jn 4:1). Many centres of worship which are filled to capacity are places where the lame walk, the blind see etc on a daily basis. In an attempt of finding God, many people have been led into the den of the devil—no wonder you see headlines like Pastor rapes teenager at the altar, pastor makes church members eat grass, pastor pulls woman’s breasts for miracle. So sad. Due to the fact that people can see substance, they automatically believe such men are of God. The phrase “miracle centre” is synonymous to when you work answers out by any means ‘magical’. A friend of mine approached a man for ‘solution’ on a tussle over a land issue. This pastor told him they would do some things on a bible and BURY THE BIBLE on the land. My friend fled. As a Christian, if you’re filled with the spirit of God, the moment you step into a church, your spirit won’t be right with the aura of the church if it’s of the devil but sadly we Christians of today are Christians just by our names.

Secondly, miracles can be staged. I was told the story of a guy who posed lame for a mighty ‘man of God’ sometimes ago in Lagos. After the wonderful performance on stage that drew thousands to the church, the man was paid off and now sells cars in Lagos. The poverty and sickness that have taken over Africa have led people into believing everything they see. There are copious examples all over. The guy who observed and concluded that religion is the opium of the masses is not far from the truth. Mind you, masses here means poor people.

Thirdly, humans can create some of these miracles. This is the leading factor of the diminishing church population in advanced countries. Technology has brought man closer to God. Today, scientists can create perfect children right from the foetus stage, people can change sex, face change, breasts can be enlarged and reduced, lame can walk thanks to stem cell technology, liver and kidney can be printed just like JAMB slip, surgeries can be done with 99% success rate. Who needs God?! I always wonder, if God decides to answer all prayers in Nigeria today, how many of us will be in church in two weeks’ time? This is to say that many of us are in church because of one battle or the other—lack of husband, sickness, poverty, ancestral curses, fashion parade, clueless attendance etc. May be people don’t really care about God, they just want to be ok. May be that is why the prayer with loudest amen in churches is “this week, you shall break through” or “your benefactor shall locate you”. Just may be.
In order to stay focused/test the spirit, we need to believe the bible rather than miracles of these days. We need to study the bible rather than ‘my pastor says’. Always check the background of the teaching of your pastor from the bible. If your pastor is performing a miracle, ask yourself would Jesus have done it like this? Would Jesus pull a woman by her breast? Would Jesus have fired airtime to people’s phones? Would Jesus sell handkerchief, would Jesus have asked to bathe to full grown woman in a river? Would Jesus have preached naked? Would Jesus have asked people to carry him so that his feet won’t touch the ground? If your answer is no, you’re attending the den of the devil. If Jesus Christ was all those, he would have changed stone to bread [hungry pastors], he would have taken the world’s riches all to himself [pastorpreneurs/guy men], he would have jumped from the mountain because the Angels would have saved him [opportunists who take advantage of their congregation’s obedience, vulnerability and ignorance]

My article is not directed towards any organization or persons. Please note. This is a street observation. Thanks for your time.

http://nifemiolu..com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Why Believing God Through Miracles Is Dangerous by Luyeanka(f): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2016
Gbam...truth.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Easter May Be Postponed / My Pastor Don't Want Me To Move / 7 Stunning Bible Facts About Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.