Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Married and Engaged Members Thread - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married and Engaged Members Thread (6236 Views)

"I Only Married And Stays With You Because Of The Way You Bang Me" -says My Wife / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. / For Married and soon to be married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2005
Well hello everyone.

I just thought we should have a special thread for those of us that are married and engaged. We can get to talk about those things in marriage or relationships that are so wonderful, nice, sweet and those that are annoying, terrifying, disgusting etc. You know, all the works.

Please single people can join in too, if they've got something to contribute. So, hoping to hear from you guys.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Michellej(f): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2005
i am not married yet; but in a serious relationship(we live together and all that). Most tiimes i feel like i need my freedom, want to still do things i did when i was single, its like i feel like once i get married i am going to get very bored of the whole thing. We argue a lot too so i am not sure if that is a good thing.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Seun(m): 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2005
Hello alheri and Michellej, thanks for sharing.

'Tell us About Your Marriage' is a thread where the married members of this forum can tell us all about their marriages or read the stories shared by other married people.

I am single but I look forward to learning a lot from the engaged and married members of the forum. Thanks!
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2005
i get wat you mean. like u just want to get away,catch some fresh air. But then ure out there and you're still thinking about him. its all so craaaaazy!
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2005
And i also think dat arguing is good.Cos wen youve said it all in the heat of the moment,you can later discuss it amicably and profer solutions.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Michellej(f): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2005
yeah i do miss him when we are not together but at the same time i feel like there is still so much out there for me. Not sure if i am being greedy but i just feel like i want More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Its really bad as well when I go to Nigeria on holiday, so many guys chasing after you and all that; to be honest i don't understand the whole relationship/marriage thing, but i hope that i do soon..............
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2005
Dont worry about it there,its really complex but its still GREAT!! Dont mind all those guyz chasing after you,its cos they probably know u have a good relationship and they just want to find out what makes you TICK!!!
There really isnt dat much out there,cos those out there wish they were in your shoes.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Michellej(f): 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2005
you are probably right, thanks a lot for your advise. Will give it my best shot and see how things go.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2005
Good for you girl! hope to hear from you soon!
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Michellej(f): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2005
yeah babes, take care and i am sure that we will chat again.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by ababoy1(m): 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2005
Cool
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Oracle(m): 3:07am On Nov 11, 2005
HEY HEY
What about us singies cry

Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by lioness(f): 9:22am On Nov 11, 2005
yeah, what about us singles?

I have a question for 'em married people
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 10:09am On Nov 11, 2005
okay lioness, wats ur ?,SHOOT! singles pls feel free to join in the jist.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by lioness(f): 10:31am On Nov 11, 2005
;Dyippyy i get to ask a question

Okay, am single and am hoping to get married someday but am worried.
Is marriage really worth it? I hear some married couples say" they wish they were still single'
And there's this saying that "those in marriage are wishing they could come out of it' is it true.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 10:59am On Nov 11, 2005
honestly, for me. I love been married,especially to my husband. people who are married and now wish they are single are people who have "oju kokoro" or "longer throat" or are "greedy". Marriage isnt easy, u got to try make it work.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by chum(m): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2005
Yeah alheri am ok with your believe, i love that...ha. ha. ha.
even thou am not married, but i think i like everything about marriage

Hope to be married someday, my father once told me that,
it's only then i can start reasoning like a man
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by lioness(f): 11:48am On Nov 11, 2005
I think maybe they got married for the wrong reasons or they werent sure abt their marriage.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2005
yeah maybe,but u see the thing about marriage i believe even if u werent sure, u can still make it work. in a marriage,even respect should be rated higher than love. with respect, u can make it work too. look at our parents,some of them had arranged marriages in those days but we still grew up and saw them together. they mite have had arrgd marriages but they respected each other and with respect,love can develope. i believe.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by lioness(f): 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2005
kool, am learning.

Okay this last one, if you were to rate 5 things [order of priority] that wld help make a successful marriage, what wld they be smiley
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2005
FOR ME
1. respect
2. love
3. sex
4. friendship
5.honesty
priority changes sometimes,i mean like wen am fifty sex mite have to go lower in priority and all dat, u know.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by fabian(f): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2005
@ lioness, I thought you were married? rolleyes
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by lioness(f): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2005
hahahaha i aint. do i sound it

Am getting on the track soon though wink

@aldheri thats a good list.........tks
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by fabian(f): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2005
hmm, I was referring to the Tell us U R married thread where you send you are married to an alien..........I guess you were kidding then!
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by lioness(f): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2005
oh my goodness!!!! c'mon, that was a joke
hahahe heheh and these are my 4 kids grin grin grin grin
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2005
WOW uve got lovely kidz!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 9:52am On Nov 14, 2005
why does love have to hurt so much sometimes? why cant it just be a smooth sail all thru? somebody? any clues?
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Seun(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2005
Because people think they know everything about relationships, whereas they know nothing. So they hurt each other in their relationships, since they really don't know what they are doing!
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2005
my dear seun, i dont think so. i mean this is some one you love,just cos the persons actions are hurting you doesnt mean they dont love you or that theyre hurting you intentionally. what do you mean people dont know what they're doing? couples dont plan fights or misunderstandings they just pop up from the blues sometimes. sometimes you think back and u dont even know how an argument started.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by Seun(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2005
couples don't plan fights or misunderstandings they just pop up from the blues sometimes. sometimes you think back and you don't even know how an argument started.

Nothing happens without a reason. The fact that something "pops up from the blues" doesn't mean it has no cause. It simply means I don't know why it happened - maybe I was not attentive or I really don't have enough knowledge in the area of relationshps and communication. If you have knowledge about something, then when there is a problem at least you will know why and what your options are.

There are people that specialize in the dynamics of relationships and really have a lot of information about what makes relationships fail and what makes others work, but we don't utilize them. Instead we make assumptions based from our upbringing and culture, and we act based on our emotions.
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by fabian(f): 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2005
Love hurts! Ouch!
Re: Married and Engaged Members Thread by alheri(f): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2005
oh oooh! seun, now you're getting too intense. what might work for mr. a may not work for mr.b and it could be because of those same reasons ure putting down(upbringing and culture). Professionals may load u with lots of information but they don't  have all the answers. they'll give you theory, but you want reality!!! i don't think there is a manual anywhere for relationships,marriage or even a forum like what we have here. We all relate based on our backgrounds,cultures and upbringing. even though we have rules,we break them everyday. Its not just about having information,my dear, somethings happen and must not have 1 explanation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Paid For My School Fees / Another Mother & Daughter Lesbian Couple come out of Closet (+Picure) / Why Are Nigerian Men Killing Their American Nurses Wives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.