Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,805 members, 7,824,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

The Key To Surviving Tough Times - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Key To Surviving Tough Times (465 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / What Is The Key To Bearing Fruit As A Christian? / “My Conversion [from Islam to Christianity], Key To My First Class Result” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Key To Surviving Tough Times by yommyuk: 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Every one of us will experience periods when life is hard. Financial pressure, family trouble, health issues, business difficulties, opposition within the church—the list of potential problems that we could face is endless. It is, therefore, essential that we learn to respond in the way God desires.

Have you ever noticed how people respond differently to the same difficult situation? Some grow more focused while others fall apart or are even destroyed by the trial. How we respond depends on our perspective: Are we God-centred or trouble-centred?

The key is to learn how to walk in continual awareness of God’s presence. Moses demonstrated this in seeking to free the Israelite people from Egyptian slavery. He had learned to “see” our invisible God walking by his side and to be constantly mindful of His presence. Moses didn’t focus on the Egyptians, Pharaoh’s power, or even the Israelites he was leading. His focus was on God.

How aware are you of the Lord’s presence? Are you worrying less because you’re thinking more about His sovereignty? Are your fears receding as you consciously believe in His protection and all-sufficiency? Moses did not start out with this awareness; he had to learn and develop it. We, too, will learn as we deliberately seek Him.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Romans 8:18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalm 145:9
The LORD is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Iron Sharpeneth Iron / Worship With Cobhams Asuquo. Heart Melting Live Stream. / Need Help With My Voice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.