Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! (15517 Views)

Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / How Much S The Startin Salary For Telecommunication Engineers In Nigeria Telecom / November Salary For FG Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
evansvenus:
Is this applicable to the to the other new universities...why not find out...and if it is,pls write a petition to the ministry of education!
Lokoja, Wukari, Oye-Ekiti and Co that are of the same generation as this University paid their staff full wages!
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by PecE2Make: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
When you hope to get change, you finally end up having changi
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by YaksonFCA(m): 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Cool.

The Lecturers should only teach the students half of the curriculum.

Guy u wicked no be small.
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
amtaken:
Only in Buhari's regime.

Chanjiii.
We on ground do not think this is a Federal Government's problem, we strongly beleive it is due to shady management practises within the Univeristy
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Walexz02(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
This I think is barbaric,
Staffs should not keep mute and make necessary awarness to appropriate persons. This is very bad
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
PecE2Make:
When you hope to get change, you finally end up having changi
and do you think everybody in the university voted for change?
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
hkidola00:
really? hahahaha, tell me shiiit, your ogogoro bastard otuoke dunce almost sinked this country into d Atlantic ocean, times were hard I tell u, it will be beta,now tell me how long will it take to bring a wall down, fifteen minute let say, but to rebuild it won't take d same time, it cud take two to three days, u come dey say "only in buhari's regime"

Lol.. Zombie defending dz rubbish . smh

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by nijanigga: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nigerians and fraud is like Hyena and carcass.
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by menix(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Half bread is better than none..
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
YaksonFCA:

Guy u wicked no be small.

Bros, na Pay as you go be that na..

Anywhere the money finish, na there the class go end.
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by kambaijohn: 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
This is so pathetic, may God take control of our country tongue[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
menix:
Half bread is better than none..
Even when you know that the other half is being cut and eaten by somebody who already have more than enough?
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by maishai: 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
YOUR salaries have been used to fund the Nasco biscuit program for the underpriviledge, the presidents medical bills and bmw cars for our senators...
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by HAH: 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
adipemcanis1:
Well....one of the problems caused by PDP establishing too many universities has finally mainfested.

During the last election., many PDP boys and girls told us that the twelve new universities were a sign that GEJ was working. What they did not tell us was that the means of adequately funding those universities was not certain.

In 2009, ASUU went on strike,and got the government to promise that every university in Nigeria would share N3 trillion naira over four years. By 2013...the govt had not paid up....and then they slashed it to N1 trillion over 5 years....and they had stopped paying up by 2015.Then we established more universities....and kept on paying the same old very low fees. Any attempt to respond to the shortfall in funding by raisng fees was seen as anti-people.

Well, here we are in 2016. Oilprcies have dropped,and suddenly there is no money. And fees are still artificially low.

Establishing those new universities does not looklike a good idea.

And let me tell you....a fully fledged university needs $100million....that is N30billion per annum to run as a world class institution. Nigeria does not even have up to that money to fund the universities. And the current government want to spend more on primary and secondary education, and only on parts of the universities.

So...if you want to keep your universities....you better be prepared to pay fees as high as N200000-600000 per annum. Am sorry....but Nigeria is not rich. If PDP was in charge...I would have said the same thing. Sorry.....but it is the fact

So....increase the fees. Make primary and secondary education free....and increase university fees. It costs N600000-1.2Million naira to train a Nigerian university student yearly. Out of that ,Nigerian student pays N50000. Where are you going to get N550000 from...with dropping oil prices?

This is the bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by maxzzo1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
Every where APC govt!!!! They will put this country into crisis very soon...
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by menix(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
adasah:
Even when you know that the other half is being cut and eaten by somebody who already have more than enough?

Won't u catch the vulture at hand instead of going into the bush to hunt for 10 parrots...

Grab the half nd fight on for the remaining..
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
adipemcanis1:
Well....one of the problems caused by PDP establishing too many universities has finally mainfested.

During the last election., many PDP boys and girls told us that the twelve new universities were a sign that GEJ was working. What they did not tell us was that the means of adequately funding those universities was not certain.

In 2009, ASUU went on strike,and got the government to promise that every university in Nigeria would share N3 trillion naira over four years. By 2013...the govt had not paid up....and then they slashed it to N1 trillion over 5 years....and they had stopped paying up by 2015.Then we established more universities....and kept on paying the same old very low fees. Any attempt to respond to the shortfall in funding by raisng fees was seen as anti-people.

Well, here we are in 2016. Oilprcies have dropped,and suddenly there is no money. And fees are still artificially low.

And let me tell you....a fully fledged university needs $100million....that is N30billion per annum to run as a world class institution. Nigeria does not even have up to that money to fund the universities. And the current government want to spend more on primary and secondary education, and only on parts of the universities.

So...if you want to keep your universities....you better be prepared to pay fees as high as N200000-600000 per annum. Am sorry....but Nigeria is not rich. If PDP was in charge...I would have said the same thing. Sorry.....but it is the fact

So....increase the fees. Make primary and secondary education free....and increase university fees. It costs N600000-1.2Million naira to train a Nigerian university student yearly. Out of that ,Nigerian student pays N50000. Where are you going to get N550000 from...with dropping oil prices?
Bros, I would have agreed with you, but do you knoow that Federal University Lokoja pays #1.2million naira for relocation allowance? FULokoja was established by the same system, here in FULafia, it is either they blame TSA or what have you, they are always short of funds, many other Federal Universities like FULafia are not maltreating their staff at all, those who did are under investigation (e.g., the one in Katsina, etc). So please it is not a matter of the central government it is a matter of the internal administration of these Universities!
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by ENGROZONEO3: 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
When the change was preaching, people find the meaning difficult. When a better country campaign for change, it may be for best or worst. That is change for you.
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Samtob90(m): 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
adasah:
You can say that again! Since last year you can hardly get stationery to do simple office work. Initially, it was blamed on TSA, but after TSA the situation persist up till today!

It is the internal problem of the university and has nothing to do with the president not paying or TSA, I have been paid my january due
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by segalex: 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
I doubt if it's the fault of the FG, it must have been the plan of the mgt of that University to shortchange the staff.
There's no complaints like that from members of staff of FUOYE which is also one the new federal universities in Ekiti state.
I suggest the members of staff should raise alarm and even give it the widest publicity both in the print and voice, I'm sure the mgt will quickly reverse the decision
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
menix:

Won't u catch the vulture at hand instead of going into the bush to hunt for 10 parrots...

Grab the half nd fight on for the remaining..
Trying to catch the vulture (even though you can see it) will alert the vulture and it will fly away, but going into the bush will surely get you the 10parrots, then what will you do?
And also consider this, while trying to grab the available half, your tormentor escapes with the other half and is never to be seen again, but if you relax and plan very well you can surely get the full bread from your tormentor. Will you struggle or will you relax?
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by menix(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
adasah:
Trying to catch the vulture (even though you can see it) will alert the vulture and it will fly away, but going into the bush will surely get you the 10parrots, then what will you do?
And also consider this, while trying to grab the available half, your tormentor escapes with the other half and is never to be seen again, but if you relax and plan very well you can surely get the full bread from your tormentor. Will you struggle or will you relax?

Nwanne NO!!!!!
In igbo, MBA!!!

Re u saying oyibo people lied by saying " a bird at hand is worth 10 in the bush"

I know u can't be serious by refusing half knowing the intention is to run with the other half, if it me, I go cucuma run with all but we know that ain't the case here..
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by ilyas26(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
adipemcanis1:

Sensible post

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by talk2james(m): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Not disputing the fact that there might be internal issues with your university but also in FUOYE, OYE-Ekiti not all got their December and January salaries. Reason blamed on shortfalls from allocation from FG.
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by otokx(m): 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
talk2james:
Not disputing the fact that there might be internal issues with your university but also in FUOYE, OYE-Ekiti not all got their December and January salaries. Reason blamed on shortfalls from allocation from FG.

The university management are blaming the FG but truth be told those same guys over employed far and beyond their capacity, before now they will use internally generated funds to pay those undocumented staff and also help themselves to part of the IGR while accounting for just a little but now since TSA, the lid has been blown open.

Some other universities paid staff their salaries after deductions but did not pay those deductions to the unions because technically its zeroed. So in the eyes of those university staff, their salary is full.

Lastly some universities pay undocumented allowances, RA or responsibility allowance is not for everybody but only those head of department cum managerial staff that work far above normal hours. These category of staff are not expected to go on strike. Peculiar allowance has long been terminated and its now consolidated so if your university is still paying then goodluck.

This TSA may actually be a blessing in disguise as a lot of university management were just having a field day chopping scarra.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Nicepoker(m): 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
hkidola00:
really? hahahaha, tell me shiiit, your ogogoro bastard otuoke dunce almost sinked this country into d Atlantic ocean, times were hard I tell u, it will be beta,now tell me how long will it take to bring a wall down, fifteen minute let say, but to rebuild it won't take d same time, it cud take two to three days, u come dey say "only in buhari's regime"
take it easy HBP is real

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by mariosam(m): 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
Considering the high cost of subscription and our love for downloading things online.i have decided to open a new online libary / movie store.here all you have to do is request the movie,book,documentary etc... that you want.And you will get them for free(PROVIDED I CAN LAY MY HAND ON THEM).This offer is open to nairalanders only,so use your nairaland username for the request.
visit this new blog a place your request and by the grace of God,it will be granted.
http://nikedeeds.mywapblog.com

NOTE:THE SIZE OF THE FILE WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM, I AM FREE SUBSCRIPTION
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Faith111: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
adipemcanis1:

The more the number of Universities, The more the number of Admission and less number of Iliterates and Idle youths we will have thereby reducing Crime rate..
Whatever empowers our youths must be a welcome idea and a priority to every good government.
I can vow that you didn't sponsor yourself through the Uni...How many parents in Nigeria earn up to 600k-1.2mil per annum??
Do you realize a lot of students in federal schools sponsor themselves?
I remember how I struggled to earn my 1st degree...
If you say they should increase fees because Times are hard, you are simply saying youths should device means of providing these funds through armed robbery or prostitution...
Why don't u consider options like cutting down on unnecessary allowances and expenditure of politicians since they understand the economy better instead of an option that will increase crime rate and illiteracy....

3 Likes

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by sammhi(m): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
adipemcanis1:

you are too one dimensional in your reasoning....have you been to the older universities and see how crowded they are..truth is we need more universities like yesterday. so it is good to establish them. our problem is waste of resources. I can bet you that paying 200 K per child won't improve the universities , worse many will drop out as they won't be able to afford it.
the BH war was one huge waste not necessary as it has gulped monies beta suited for devt...wven in this govt...
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by amtaken(f): 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2016
Buhari is grossly incompetent.

adasah:
We on ground do not think this is a Federal Government's problem, we strongly beleive it is due to shady management practises within the Univeristy
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by amtaken(f): 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
I thought you said that Buhari's body odour puts all sectors in check?

Lying liars.

wristbangle:

undecided

Not again. Even though d present administration as not fulfil his campaign promises doesn't mean u should point finger at PMB.

Can't u see its the university mgt @ fault?
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by amtaken(f): 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
Your English is very pathetic, are you sure you didn't bunk school?

The ogogoro man held down the economy for 6 years and all sectors moved forward unlike your saint Buhari who has single handedly killed our economy.

Are you ok?

hkidola00:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff / How To Increase Your Income In Nigeria / Nigerian Doctors Defend Yourselves From Smooth-Talking Medical Jobbbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.