Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? (561 Views)

UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) / University Of Ibadan Medical Students Protest Against Rise In Fee (PICS) / ESUT Students Protest After They Were Not Allowed To Write Exams (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by Otunbalarry: 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
My little piece is aimed at looking critically at the issues surrounding recent secondary school students protest in Osun.
I have paid rapt attention to the issues surrounding the protest and all the state government is saying is that "Osun state students are too dull and don't have a future in education".
The state government claim that students have in recent years failed WAEC and so the need to stop paying.
We are all aware of the economic crisis in Osun so I may want to make some observations:
1) Osun state government already knew the number of those she can cater for in terms of WAEC Fee so those that will pass the mock exam must not exceed that number
2) If the students failed so much! Is there head blocked or what?
Why is the state government watching failures for three years rather than take a look at quality of what this students are taught in school , it maybe a problem of teaching structure if truly they failed the mock exam as the government claim! It would mean the teachers have low output and are not productive
3) where does the government want those who will not write WAEC to go?
They should become nuisance to the society or drop their ambition of been educated?
4) why can't the state government declare that she can't continue with free WAEC fee and will only pay for best students then everyone will take heart, rather than playing the smart game
Is Aregbesola's government trying to say Osun products are naturally dull?
6) What singles out a government is ability to fight hard times! If the government noticed failures for three years, why didn't they find solutions?
7) Is Mock exam a true test if strength?

The above are my sincere above observations ..
The students who protested and destroyed things also show that a lot is wrong with educational system of Osun!
Leaders of tomorrow ?

Ipinle Omoluabi eronu, think!

campus editors guild: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? - http://campuseditorsng..co.ke/2016/02/osun-students-protest-are-osun-students.html?m=1
Re: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by odogwu125: 10:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
Why cant they pay 4 their WAEC by themselves?
Re: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by vault(m): 10:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
majority of students can't be dull...... its the educational sector that is dull.
Re: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by Otunbalarry: 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
cc moderators maybe we can get reactions to give the govt a clue .. FP abeg
Re: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by medpren: 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
Aregbe for president!
Re: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by raumdeuter: 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
The governor says he can only pay for top students, let the dull ones too step up so they can get their WAEC fees paid or pay from their pocket
Re: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by babyfaceafrica: 11:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Questions for the Gods......but OP u sound like an IPOD agent?....are you?
Re: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by Otunbalarry: 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Questions for the Gods......but OP u sound like an IPOD agent?....are you?

I actually don't know what iPod stands for ..
I wouldn't mind if you enlighten me tho
Re: Osun Students' Protest: Are Osun Students Dull? by sammyp01: 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
Heads up you can't fail a student in a public school in Osun.evn if they don't pass the instruction from the governor is that all student should be promoted.and most of the teacher just allow teaching for corp members who they see as messaiah for their job while they sit and gossip.my opionion is Education in Osun state should be seriously reviewed because it wouldn't take them anywhere

(1) (Reply)

Sap Pega Online Training In Usa / Help Pls / Pictures From My Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.