Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,215 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 (104062 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / The Promise Keeper ( A Story By Uncutz) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by evaZee: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
Am not liking this Lola's mum at all. What kind of weak woman is dat? No much support, and what's with the 15k for your pregnant daughter, and very nonchantly.

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
evaZee:
Am not liking this Lola's mum at all. What kind of weak woman is dat? No much support, and what's with the 15k for your pregnant daughter, and very nonchantly.
Na so things suppose be nah angry Else she no go feel/know say wetin she do no good...
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2016

Ojo allowed his anger get the better of him as he kept delievering heavy punches on the battered face of his one time colleague.
"How dare you all run away? How dare you leave me to suffer? Who among you killed the Barrister? Why did you all run away?" Ojo asked all at once, and funny enough, he gave the man not even the chance to digest the questions, not to talk of providing answers.
"Ojo, this...." The man was saying, but a punch to his lips stopped him. Being a man not to give up. "This won't...." He ducked another punch. "Help." But unfortunatly, another one hit him on the neck which made him growl out in pain.
"These ones will kill each other o. Better go and seperate them."
By the time he was forcefully pulled up, Ojo was panting heavily.
"What is the matter with you two?" A man asked.
"Hold that useless man very well.... Hold him." Ojo panted, but it was too late, as Alabi took to his heels, and after running a few yards, he jumped on a bike. Ojo remembered the bike to be Alabi's.
"What is the problem young man?" Those who stopped the fight asked.
Ojo merely adjusted his shirt before walking away.
After walking a couple of blocks, he remembered his stalker and by the time he glanced back, there was nobody.
"Where did he go? When did he leave?" Were the questions on Ojo's mind as he pushed open the pedestrian gate. But he stopped in his tracks when he saw a new car he had never seen around parked inside the compound. A black Honda CRV.
"Who owns this car?" He thought as he proceeded into the house.
He could hear the kid's chatter from where he stood which forced him to look at his time piece; 1:45PM. It is not even time to close yet.
"Uncle Ojo! Uncle Ojo!" The children screamed as soon as he walked in. A young lady who is either in her late twenties or early thirties sat on the couch operating an Ipad.
"Mummy, this is our Uncle Ojo." Junior, the youngest of the two children said. "Uncle, this is our mummy." He completed the introduction.
"Good afternoon ma." Ojo greeted the lady who gave him a smile.
"Good afternoon sir." She replied. "My children have told me a lot about you. And it is nice to finally meet you."
Ojo could swear on the grave of his ancestors that he liked the woman immediately. Such a beautiful and nice woman. Why then did she leave her marriage in the first place? Mystery.
"It's nice to finally meet you too ma." Ojo replied.
"Call me Vickie." She corrected.
Once the pleasantries were completed, Ojo walked in, but instead of going into the guest room which served as his room, he walked into the kitchen where he had heard sounds.
"Hi." Ojo said as he walked in on Sharon who was doing the dishes.
"Our Uncle Ojo is back." She mimicked her nephew's voice.
"How you dey?" Ojo asked.
"Call me Sharon." She replied mimicking Vickie.
Ojo smiled. "Who is she?" He had asked before realizing how stupid his question was. "I mean, where has she been all these while? That no one talks about her. Not even her children."
Sharon smiled. "How was your outing?" with a wink.
Ojo without thinking dipped his hand into his pocket and gave five thousand naira to her.
"What for?" Sharon asked.
"That is what my outing yielded." Ojo replied.
"No, you've always wanted catfish pepper soup. This money would be perfect to prepare one." She said excitedly.
"I'm glad you've finally pulled yourself together." Ojo remarked.
Just then the pedestrian gate burst open and an angry Ben walked in. From the kitchen, Ojo could see the fire in his eyes.
"Come out here Vickie. You have no business in that house."
Ojo threw an askance look at Sharon who winked. "You called him?"
"What do you expect?" Sharon laughed. "Just sit back and enjoy the fight and make sure sey you no interfere." She added as she walked out of the kitchen.
Ojo who had more than one pressing issues left the kitchen for his room.

--tbc...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Tmboy(m): 9:50am On Jun 02, 2016
Ojo d fighter......d most foolish character of d story.......lol

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Eniqurl(f): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nice one...
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by yusufibrahim(m): 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
My brother Dnity7 another blockbuster nice work bro keep it coming..... I can't stop following u 2
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by teamplayey: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2016
. . .This is unlike d9ty7. I hope he is ok?
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 5:31am On Jun 09, 2016
teamplayey:
. . .This is unlike d9ty7. I hope he is ok?
Yes boss! I'm okay

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by kenwins(f): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2016
Following
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Topscoque(f): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2016
Front benchers mk una shift i wan sit so i go c d9ty7 wella
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by hemanuelmoc(m): 10:23am On Jun 09, 2016
@D9Ty7, pop corn don dey finish oooo abeg come finish this story
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Lilyomi2: 10:37am On Jun 09, 2016
D9ty7:
Yes boss! I'm okay
Na Ramadan dey make him hide. As for me, I will still eat. grin
D9ty7:
Yes boss! I'm okay
Na Ramadan dey make him hide. As for me, I will still eat.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by DrRasheed: 5:44am On Jun 15, 2016
Thankz
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 5:15am On Jun 17, 2016
To the glory of God, I am back now for good. Updates loading
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Xavee(m): 6:19am On Jun 17, 2016
Take your time, bro!
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 10:39am On Jun 17, 2016
LOLA

I walked into the reception area of a private hospital downtown and a pettite nurse ushered me to a seat. Also seated were other pregnant women whom I believed all came for a session with the doctor.From my observation, none of the womenlooked less than five months pregnant because their bumps were very visible.“I came to see the Doctor.” I said to the nurse in almost a whisper.“Wait for your turn.” She replied and made to leave, but I grabbed her hand.“Please I need to see him now.” I pleaded.“Madam, there is only a doctor on duty this morning. And these women who came before you are waiting to see him too. You just have to wait.” The nurse explained calmly.I have heard a lot about nurses, especiallyNigerian nurses. I heard most of them have this pettite stature which makes them look and act smart, running and moving from ward to ward, responding to patients being brought in almost imediately. Another thing I heard is their ability to talk or gossip as the case may be. Their free times are usually spent gossiping, about the patient whose husband is a known womanizer and all that. The third thing is their temperament.I learnt an average Nigerian nurse will only talk to you calmly once and the second time will be angrily.Though the nurse in front of me fits into the first category in terms of stature, I haven’t seen her gossip, and with the way she has kept her calm while talking to me has proved the assertions wrong.“There is a socket space over there, plug in your phone and let it keep your company.” She said smiling.“I hope that’s your station?” I asked pointing towards the table where two other nurses sat. “I may be tempted to come over and chat you up.” I added laughing.“That won’t be a problem. Provided you will tell the Director you called us for a chat.” She laughed too. “Just keep calm, it will soon reach your turn.”Just as the nurse advised, I kept myself busy with my phone, running through the social media and reading news. By the time it reached my turn to see the doctor, there were about seven other women behind me. As I stood up with my bag, thenurse who attended to me earlier called out.“You see, I told you.” She smiled.I could only smile in return, but the smile faded immediately because I just ran into something….. Someone, a man.“Hey! Watch where you are going.” He called out.“I’m sorry.” I quickly replied.He held my gaze for a moment, adjusted his shirt before stepping aside.I proceeded to ascend the stairs, but stopped after climbing three steps. His face looks familiar. I thought as I looked back at him.“How come he doesn’t recognize me?” I asked myself.He is Barrister Jackson, the man I slapped at the restaurant a few weeks ago while waiting for Ben.“What is he doing in Ijebu Ode? In the same hospital that I am?” I thought, because I could remember seeing him almost everywhere I am since the slap incident. At the court room, at a church crusade in Ikeja to a conference held in dad’s department.“Could he be stalking me?”

–tbc…
For more, visit; www.penprimus.com

4 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 10:41am On Jun 17, 2016
–*–
Ojo walked out of his room into the living room and immediately made to go back.“Don’t even think of going back.” Ben’s wife, Vickie said forcing Ojo to stop in his tracks. “Where were you going in the first place?” She asked.“To check if my clothes have not fallen off the line outside.” He lied.“Did you wash?” She asked.“Yes… Last night.” Ojo replied.“Oh! I thought you wanted to return to your room because I am seated here.” She said. “You know, no one seems to like me in this house. My husband, Sharon, Kelvin. And they are trying to turn my kids against me.” She complained.“Sorry about that. But I think you should talk to a family member and not me.” Ojo said.“Really? A family?” She asked. “Who is a family? The person you are able to see and talk to is family.” She added. “Come sit.”Ojo found himself walking towards a couch, afterall, he had no cloth outside.“Did you know why I moved out of my matrimonial home?” She asked.“No.” Ojo shook his head.“Ben was never in love with me. He has always loved a lady from his university days. He got married to me because I waspregnant. It wasn’t like I trapped him, but it just happened.”Ojo listened attentively especially at the similarities her story bore with his. Even though he truly love Lola, he never stopped loving her even after she trappedhim with a pregnancy he wasn’t ready for.“We got married and as advised, I did all I could do to make Ben love me. All was begining to work out after the birth of my son, but my plans got disrupted when his siblings moved in with us. Meaning Ben was going to cater for them, he worked extra hard and while half of his attention was on his job, the other half was on his kids and siblings.” She paused.Surprisingly, Ojo could see a tear drop from her eye. Even though he didn’t want to believe her story, he found himself pitying the young lady, afterall he has onlyher side of the story.“Do you know Kelvin?” She asked to whichOjo shook his head. “He is Sharon’s twin. You must have heard about him.”“What about him?” He asked.“He started making sexual advances at me to the point of trying to molest me oneday while I was taking my bath….” She paused. “I couldn’t take it anymore….” Sheallowed her voice trail off.“And you didn’t tell your husband?”“He won’t believe me.” She cried.“You assumed or you once told him something and he didn’t believe?” Ojo asked.She fell silent for almost a minute, during which she let her tears fall freely.“Let me tell you a secret….”The front door opened and Sharon walkedin.“Hey! OJ.” She greeted Ojo.“Welcome.” Ojo replied.“Thank you. I got the ingredient for the pepper soup. Wanna help in the kitchen?” She asked.“Sure.” Ojo replied standing up. “We will talk later.” He said to Vickie who nodded.Once inside the kitchen, Ojo set to work with washing the meet while Sharon prepared the pepper for blending.“What were you discussing with that witch?” She asked.“Nothing much. We were just pickin topics all over.” Ojo replied.“Sure?” Sharon asked, suspicion written allover her face.“Yeah.”
–tbc….

Y’all noticed Sharon calling Ojo OJ? When did that one start?
For more, visit; www.penprimus.com

3 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by donkross1(m): 11:17am On Jun 17, 2016
Lol shey Ojo don dey chop Sharon hot yam ni? grin
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:22am On Jun 18, 2016

--*--
Even though it wasn't in his character to eavesdrop people's private conversation, but last night he couldn't resist the temptation to try it for the first and only time. Ojo was coming into the house through the kitchen after he had gone to switch off the generator, but a loud voice attracted him. The voice which belonged to Barrister Ben sounded angry while another voice belonging to his wife seemed calm.
"Vickie, you have no place in this house. Not anymore." Ben said angrily.
"Ben, you know every human is liable to make mistakes at least once in a lifetime. The most important thing is realizing that you made a mistake and trying to make amends." Vickie explained.
"No. The most important thing is making one that can be forgiven or overlooked." Ben replied. "Vickie, you went too far."
"But no one paid me attention in this house. You treated me like trash, Kelvin treated me like I am his wife or like I depend on him. Sharon had no respect whatsoever for me. You even tried to make my kids hate me." Vickie poured out.
"All coming from who? Victoria! You are a drama queen and it doesn't work on me. Try a different tactics. But for your info, we are done and dusted." Ben replied. "And if you'll let me sleep. Goodnight."
Silence took over the room as Ojo heard the clicking sound of a switch, which could only mean the light has been put off. To say he was disappointed would be an understatement. Just as he made to drag his feet away from their door, he heard Vickie sniff.
"Okay then, divorce should be the next thing." She said. "And be ready to part with half of your properties." She added with a tone of finality.
"I don't care. And the court will decide, not some mushroom counsel of yours." Ben replied.
"And the eight million naira you owe me." Vickie announced. "I want it before this week runs out. I am leaving your house tomorrow. Goodnight."
Ojo needed no soothsayer to tell him it was time to leave and get some sleep which he did.
Waking up this morning, he had some unanswered questions bothering him. And he hoped to find answers to them pretty soon.
He looked out through the window to see Ben cleaning his car. He took his eyes to the wall clock, 6:05AM.
"Where is he rushing to this early?" Ojo thought as he walked out of the house. "Good morning sir." He greeted his host.
"Hey! Ojo. How was your night?"

--tbc...

3 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2016

After almost a month of loosing his job with the Ruppert and James legal outfit, and weeks of driving through the streets of Lagos in search of any chamber willing to take him in. But most of the legal chambers are only impressed with his CV, not his decision to defend the murderer of a leading legal practitioner, a Senior advocate. But even if he wasn't defending Ojo in court, someone else will. He deserves a fair hearing as guaranteed by contitution.
The weeks of searching for another chamber to fly with was followed by another week of searching for an office space. Maybe it was time for him to stand alone afterall, he has the experience, expertise and CV to win clients over.
"The whole of this floor goes for five hundred thousand naira sir." The caretaker of the building said.
"Can't I just take a part of the floor?" Ben asked.
"No sir, considering the type of business you want to run. The last law chamber we had on the fourt floor took the whole apartment on the floor." The caretaker replied.
"I will give you four hundred and eighty thousand naira." Ben said.
"Caretaker fee is fifty thousand. I can't tender four hundred and thirty to the landlord. Moreso, we need to do some repairs."
"I will do the repairs myself." Ben replied.
The caretaker paused to observe Ben for a moment. "Are you a lawyer or a business man?"
"Both." Ben replied laughing.
"Are you writing the check or giving me cash?"
"Cheque." Ben replied.
Once he tendered the cheque to to the caretaker, he was given a temporal ownership to fill where he got familiar with the terms of renting an apartment in the building.
"The rules are quite simple." He thought.
Ben walked towards the window and looked out onto the busy streets of Lagos. "At last." He breathe.
Just then his phone started ringing. "Barrister Ben on the line, how may I help you?"
He ended the call moments later with a smile on his face. "I haven't set up my office, I have clients already." He said as he punched the air excitedly. "First things first, furnitures." He thought. "And a secretary."
His phone buzzed, signifying him of a new text message. "And money to execute this project." He said before opening the message which reads;
Meet me at the pub down Anthony street at 6:30. Do not fail me. From Barr David.

"Who is Barrister David?" Ben thought as he scrolled through his contacts for the man who is to handle making the furnitures for his new office. "Do not fail me. He has nerves and guts. Nonesense." He concluded as he slipped his phone back into his pocket and busied himself with more important things.

--tbc..

3 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Kudos!
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by BraniacX(m): 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Phew! grin
Finally
Welcome back from e-siberia D9ty7 wink
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Oladim001(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
D9ty7 peace be upon you. Please can you give me reasons why you suddenly decided to stop updating Blood Bond even on your thread.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Eniqurl(f): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Maybe u shld give us 2 more updates tonight wink
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Eniqurl:
Maybe u shld give us 2 more updates tonight wink
Let's see how it goes...
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
BraniacX:
Phew! grin
Finally
Welcome back from e-siberia D9ty7 wink
Thanks bro
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
Kudos!
Yes boss
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Oladim001:
D9ty7 peace be upon you. Please can you give me reasons why you suddenly decided to stop updating Blood Bond even on your thread.
The story is scattered in part over two different blogs. Once I compile them, I add the last five chapters and I will let you guys have it.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Oladim001(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
D9ty7:

The story is scattered in part over two different blogs. Once I compile them, I add the last five chapters and I will let you guys have it.
Seriously, since that time, so if i didn't talk now so that is how you'd leave it abi. I started it yesterday on nairaland even if it was very long because i knew it was worth it if i read it. I know you are a very good writer before now so. I reached where you stopped in penprimus today. So i am anxiously waiting for the remaining part please, i really hope it ends well. I've even commented on your blog sef.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2016

LOLA

I have just finished meeting with one of my lecturers to discuss how to make up for the number of classes and assignments I missed while I was away. All thanks to Bukky who was familiar with the lecturers, they all agreed to help me without me paying much except fueling their cars among other petty things.
"Just give me malt." I told the waiter who took Bukky's orders and left to get them.
"You haven't given up on your love for malt, have you?" She asked. "I hope it doesn't affect pregnancy." she added.
"You are not serious." I replied just in time when the waiter returned with our orders.
"So, now tell me. What have you been up to?" She asked.
"I have been playing a supportive role to Ojo. Even though we are fighting the really big guns, I believe we would come out top." I replied. "And Ben has been helpful too."
"Ben is a great guy. An old friend, yet a good one." Bukky described him just the way he is. "But, do you think he is helping Ojo for nothing? Has he dropped the prospect of dating you?" She asked the expected question.
"No. At first I thought he was over it, afterall he is married with kids, though his wife abandoned them. But last month, he came out clean with me."
"And?" Bukky asked.
"I told him to forget it and help Ojo if he really wants the best for me." I replied.
"Did you tell him you are pregnant?"
"No, but sooner or later he is going to know." I replied.
"And you think Ojo is the best for you?"
"What do you mean?" I hated that subject like the devil. And even God knows I would have reacted angrily if not for my ringing phone. "Hello Doctor..... Now?..... Okay, I'll be there." I exchanged with the doctor before he rang off.
"That's my doctor, I have to go and see him. ANC stuffs." I announced picking up my handbag.
"So, Doctors now call my friend for session and not the other way round. Oh girl, you are hot." Bukky said amidst laughter as she picked up her bag.
"You are crazy I swear."

Fifteen minutes later, we both walked into the spacious compound of the hospital and as we walked towards the small steps leading to the ground floor, the door of a car came open and a young man alighted. I had seen the car come in after we entered the compound.
"oooohhhh! Not again." I complained.
"What?" Bukky asked.
"That man has been following and stalking me wherever I go." I replied dropping my bag on the floor as I marched towards the man, Barrister Jackson.

--tbc...

3 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Eniqurl(f): 11:06am On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks for the update smiley

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:24am On Jun 20, 2016

OJO

The hearing of my case continues in two days time and as instructed, I visited the police headquarters today where I met with the Investigative police team in charge of Barrister Joe's murder. I am helping them with investigation, telling them everything I know even though they wanted more. Such as telling them I killed the late Barrister and naming my accomplice and sponsors, but I can't implicate myself.
Barrister Ben seems very happy recently, at least, he jokes around with everybody including his wife. Talking about Vickie, she was supposed to have left the house since last week, but one way or the other she has continued staying in the house, even if she does nothing aside watch tv all day and press her Ipad.
I had eavesdropped on her threatening to divorce Ben and taking half of his properties, at the same time requesting for one eight million naiira which Ben was owing her. With her continued stay in the house, I can not but conclude that each one of them is using what they have to get what they want. Vickie realizing that Ben couldn't meet her demands is using that as a leverage to continue staying in the house and Ben knowing he is incapable of meeting her demands has no choice.
"You didn't tell me Ojo is a criminal." I heard Vickie from the kitchen where I was.
"He is not a criminal. He is accussed of comitting the crime and the case is in court." Ben replied.
"And he is guilty until proved innocent." She said. " And you let that kind of person into this house? When you know there are little kids around?"
"No, he is innocent until proven otherwise. And please, drop this topic and forget it. This is my house, I call the shots." Ben replied angrily. "And you are not even my wife." He added.
Whatever they discusess is none of business. I thought as I dried my hands and made to exit the kitchen. "And where are you going?" Sharon asked.
"My room." I replied.
"Are you done hearing what she has to say about you?" She asked.
"I'm less concerned." I replied non challantly.
Sharon stared at me for a while, shook her head before carrying the tray on top which two cups filled with tea lay. Without another word, she left for the living room, while I left the kitchen for my room. I was still battling with the door when I heard a loud hiss from Vickie. I peeked into the living room to see her cleaning herself with a napkin while an empty cup of tea lay on the table. Sharon!
First of all, I was shocked to see Sharon make two cups of tea, not knowing she had a grand plan of soiling Vickie's body at least for tonight.
Sharon is really a girl of crazy ideas.

--tbc...

Once it is 9AM today guys, just go out there and cast your vote for MissGdope. She has all it takes to win the 2016 edition of the Miss nairaland contest. She oozes class, style, elegance and above all she is dope. Really DOPE.

Her profile at MissGdope

The voting thread HERE

So, guys 9AM it is. See you then.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Chronicles Of Tracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.