Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Christian Way To Reduce Stress - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Way To Reduce Stress (1624 Views)

How Can Intending Couples Avoid Sexual Incompatibility In A Christian Way? / Dissolution Of Marriages By The Law Courts: Right Or Wrong In The Christian Way? / How To Brainwash The Christian Way. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Way To Reduce Stress by olarewajuv(f): 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2006
CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS

An Angel says, "Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."

1. Pray

2. Go to bed on time.

3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.

4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.

5. Delegate tasks to capable others.

6. Simplify and un-clutter your life.

7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)

8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.

9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.

10. Take one day at a time.

11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.

12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.

13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.

14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.    

15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.

16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.

17. Get enough rest.

18. Eat right.

19. Get organized so everything has its place.

20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.

21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.

22. Every day, find time to be alone.

23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.

24. Make friends with Godly people.

25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.

26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you Jesus."

27. Laugh.

28. Laugh some more!

29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.

30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).

31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).

32. Sit on your ego.

33. Talk less; listen more.

34. Slow down.

35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.

36 . Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Drusilla(f): 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2006
Isn't that more like modern society's or psychology's way of relieving stress? Why do you label it Christian.

The bible shows another way for a man to become happier and less stressed, quickly:

Psa 104:15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 02, 2006
Drusilla:

Isn't that more like modern society's or psychology's way of relieving stress? Why do you label it Christian.

The bible shows another way for a man to become happier and less stressed, quickly:

Psa 104:15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

You seriously need to appraise number 32 on that list very well. I'm sure you would have been one of those to criticise the 10 commandments had it been revealed in our time as "modern society's philosophy"!
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 02, 2006
Drusilla,I really thought you were a Christian until I saw your postings somewhere else.
The gospel is still the same.
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 02, 2006
No she's just masquerading as one. Even the devil can quote the bible, it does not make him a believer! From several postings of her's that i've read especially on the racism threads, she's more of head knowledge than a genuine heart conviction!
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by lexfrosty: 11:28am On Nov 02, 2006
david i would like to give you a special invitation to join:

www.one afrika.net

too and discuss other religious issues too.

join the space between "one" and "Afrika" so you can access it grin
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Drusilla(f): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2006
Babyosisi,

Really, is that the Christian method of determining Christianness? Reading posts.

I thought I remembered something about:

The Spirit knows the Spirit.

Know no man in the flesh, anymore.

Remember those scriptures?

It's important that you brought this up because to me, it is a shining example of basically Christian witchcraft.

They do not have the Spiritual power the bible says they should have, if they are Christians -- so the whole christian program across the world is really an attempt to make somebody sign and follow a contract, where they all agree to the same lies about God.

It is the fact that my postings tell you that I do not agree with the same lies and find Christianity as currrently taught to be an Abomination to God, that gave you a clue.

That no. Drusilla does not belong to the group of false christians running around screaming "money cometh"!  

The bible tells us to stay away from any one who thinks godliness is gain.

But there I go again, insisting my contract is with the bible and not with the version of christiaindom, that is widely supported, even the devil supports that christiandom.

That is why their version of christianity is downright devilish in this world.

My brother who does not know much about the world. Says this: Africa has never heard the gospel, they heard -- put on a white shirt and a tie and act white, that is Christianity.

He's wrong to make such a blanket statement but he has caught on to something that is much wider than Africa.

Whites didn't bring bible teachings to the world, they instead brought white culture masquerading as "the way God would like the world". i.e. Christianity as mostly currently taught.

When people find out I do not subscribe to "their" thinking, they basically say I am not a Christian.

It's okay with me because I am a nobody and how you judge me, is neither here nor there.  

But I do like the oppourtunity it affords for me to do as Jesus and Paul and Peter did:

Warn people:

Mat 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Act 20:29  For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

They warned about how the church would be taken over and enslaved to false prophets.

I can confirm that these scriptures have come true.

And of course to this false church, that makes me "the devil". For daring to point that out to them.

I only await now, the time coming where the bible says in the New testament, where they will try to kill me and will think when they kill me, they are doing God a favor.

We are as sheep to be slaughtered and strangers in this world and the world will hate us.

I have already accepted that about myself. I still do my work until that time comes.

Praise Him.
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by dominobaby(f): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2006
Drusilla, you amaze me at times! What is not christian about that? You tell me!
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by TV01(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2006
Hi All,

babyosisi:

Drusilla,I really thought you were a Christian until I saw your postings somewhere else.
The gospel is still the same.

BabyOsisi, that's not fair. "The Lord knows those who are His"

We problbably all have points of difference and areas of greater or lesser maturity. I confess to having made complete about turns on some previously held positions. It did'nt make me any less a Christian, just a growing one. I don't think that call is yours to make.

davidylan:

No she's just masquerading as one. Even the devil can quote the bible, it does not make him a believer! From several postings of her's that I've read especially on the racism threads, she's more of head knowledge than a genuine heart conviction!

Davidylan, same again. I don't happen to share what I discern to be Drusilla's position in her postings about race, but doesn't give me the right to label her a fraud. Presumably if you can find just the one point of difference between yourself and another self confessed Christian, then that gives you the right to label them a charlatan?

It's a walk that we all make individually. It's a relationship that we all have to nurture without proxies. None of us has full knowledge or understanding of anothers walk. The Lord does. And He knows those who truly love Him and leads them by his grace.

As to the post in question, I for one can see Drusila's point (In both her posts on this thread).

A LovePeddler is always a lot more obvious, than a bride.

God bless
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2006
thanks for the IV, Lexfrosty.
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Drusilla(f): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2006
Dominobaby,

1Co 15:19  if in this life we have hope in Christ only, of all men we are most to be pitied.

Do you understand what this scripture is saying?

If we are hoping in Christ in this life only, we are to be pitied above all men.

i.e. If you need a stress relief program, the world has great ones. No need for hope in Christ there.

Belief in Buddha or something higher than yourself, can get rid of drug addictions.

The world surely has many great ideas to get you rich.

To make you a better human being, there are self-help books. i.e. a better piano player, etc, etc.

Therapy or surgery may help your illness.

This is why you as a Christian are to be pitied more than ALL OTHER MEN, if you have came to the cross of Christ, to solve these personal type of problems, when the world has solutions for those around any corner.

As the bible says: The children of the world are smarter than the children of the light.

This is why I object to "worldly psychology" being taught as if it is Christian.

We are kind of of doing that Catholic thing. You know how they repainted Easter and Christmas and Halloween to make them into "Christian" holidays.

But neglect the holidays the bible actually gives us? So we skip the real feast days and the real things that God tells us to do, and replace them with worldly ideas.

Then it becomes easy for the devil to step in and show lesbians and gays recovered from drugs. Buddist and Muslims cured from mental illness.

The Christian becomes trapped by their own words, if only God can help with those worldly things, then why did God help those who are clearly not christians?

Many a Christian leaves Christianity in disgust, when they figure out that worldly things do just as good a job as curing them of 'worldly things' as the 'worldly things' that the christian offered them did.

Let's look at from another perspective: The bible says "Do not fret" (i.e. stress or worry) 375 times, more than any other saying in the bible.

Rather than obey God and not worry or stress, we now have over 30+ worldly remedies asserted as Christian remedies.

The idea that we could do as the bible commands. Have a glass of wine to feel better and not worry about the problems of tommorrow.

Why that will never even be offered to the world as the Christian thing.

So the world laughs at us and watches as Christianity in Europe for instance has a problem with so many christians who committ suicide, after being told not to talk about their problems because their sick only if they talk about being sick.

So all alone and suffereing and not even allowed to talk about it, christians end up sicker and finally kill themselves.

The advice from the bible, they really needed to hear -- they never once heard it.

Too many Christians were busy passing out worldly advice or the insane advice of prosperity gospel name it and claim it or blab it and grab it preachers.

We need to keep it real.

Being a Christian is a not a "get out of life -free" card.

We are going to suffer the same pains and stress and hurts that every one else suffers just being in this world and then on top of that, we will be hurt and chased and beat down by the devil.

I believe God that sometimes, I may want a glass of wine/beer to feel happier.

I am not going to break my neck or kill myself trying to practice "christian" Yoga or trying to pretend that I am not experiencing this same horrible world that everybody else is.

If I am stressed, I can do as the bible says and sit down and have a glass of wine and forget about tommorrow and the troubles that await me there.

The devil likes pride and those with two much pride to admit that they need a beer and a time of forgetting their troubles, as the bible says we should, are going to keep falling until they just fall off.

It is easily provable that this is what is happening to those who tried christianity and then fell away.

The bible even says that:

2Pe 2:20  for, if having escaped from the pollutions of the world in the acknowledging of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, ((((having come to the church/christ for help)))), and by these again being entangled, ((((But the church or christians actually tell them worldly stuff that ENTANGLES THEM AGAIN in the world.))))they have been overcome, become to them hath the last things worse than the first, ((((THe person is in worse shape when they give up on Christ in disgust at having found the same worldly mess in the church.))))

I used a little color and stuff, so you could see clearly what is being said.

Thus I protest when I see worldly stuff being offered as christian stuff.
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Drusilla(f): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2006
You seriously need to appraise number 32 on that list very well. 

Davidylan,

I do have a problem with ego.

When I first got saved, I prayed for the gifts of the spirit of wisdom and knowledge. God granted my prayers.

Even before I was saved, God must have known that I would ask for that.

Isa 45:3  And have given to thee treasures of darkness, Even treasures of secret places, So that thou knowest that I, Jehovah, Who am calling on thy name-- am the God of Israel.
Isa 45:4  For the sake of my servant Jacob, And of Israel My chosen, I call also thee by thy name, I surname thee, And thou hast not known Me.

Anyways.

At first, I was besides myself with pride and joy, when Christians and others would fall over with amazement at the wisdom and smart replies that would come out of my mouth.

God finally sat me down about 4 years ago and told me about "stealing His Glory".

Now when people give me credit for anything I say or do that impress's them, I try to be nice about it because they are just making a natural mistake but really, I am not this smart or wise and know nothing.

Any time, I think I do. That is just Ego or Pride. I got a problem with that one. God Himself told me that and I try to avoid that sin of stealing God's Glory.

Trust me, I am not as smart or as strong as my posts would imply. It is His Spirit that gives me wisdom.

Sometimes I have to reread a post and am shocked by what I have written because I didn't know it before I said it. I am learning it for the first time also.

Smile. Good job anyways on picking up that number 32 is my problem. Not sure you spiritually discerned it because even a blind woman hits the dart board sometimes. But still good job.
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidylan,

I do have a problem with ego.
When I first got saved, I prayed for the gifts of the[b] spirit of wisdom and knowledge. God granted my prayers. [/b]

Even before I was saved, God must have known that I would ask for that.

You needn't mention your ego problems, its been obvious from the first time i read your posts including the above quotes!

Drusilla:

Isa 45:3  And have given to thee treasures of darkness, Even treasures of secret places, So that thou knowest that I, Jehovah, Who am calling on thy name-- am the God of Israel.
Isa 45:4  For the sake of my servant Jacob, And of Israel My chosen, I call also thee by thy name, I surname thee, And thou hast not known Me.

Like i said earlier, even devils quote the bible too. I'm not impressed!

Drusilla:

At first, I was besides myself with pride and joy, when Christians and others would fall over with amazement at the wisdom and smart replies that would come out of my mouth.
Smile. Good job anyways on picking up that number 32 is my problem. Not sure you spiritually discerned it because even a blind woman hits the dart board sometimes. But still good job.

First, sorry to be so brusque. Your arrogance literarily leaps out of each word you type. It is part of that arrogance that makes you erroneously conclude that my comment about your ego must have been refering to "the wisdom and smart replies that come out of your mouth". You couldnt have been farther from the truth, i have been more amazed at the wisdom i see in some non-christians, your responses on the other hand i have always viewed as an unintelligent attempt to sound more knowledgeable than you really are. Most of the time your comments are either off topic or completely at variance with common sense!

Those who are "amazed" at your "wisdom" must be living in mars!
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Drusilla(f): 4:57am On Nov 03, 2006
Davidylan,

You talk so loud but say so little. I have to stretch to find any thing in your posts worth responding too.

I tried. smiley
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 03, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidylan,

You talk so loud but say so little. I have to stretch to find any thing in your posts worth responding too.

I tried. smiley

You shldnt even have bothered. Of course i say so little to those who are so enamored in their own percieved importance they fail to realise their dearth of cognitive abilities!
Re: Christian Way To Reduce Stress by Drusilla(f): 5:44am On Nov 03, 2006
davidylan,

Well, Gee, aren't you kind to keep trying. Thanks I for one appreaciate your work to help me.

(1) (Reply)

Who Says The Bible Does Not Condone Slavery? / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / Your Set Time Of Marriage S.t.o.m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.