Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? (1632 Views)

Poll: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This?

Yes: 66% (2 votes)
No: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Should Christians Fight Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by aloyemeka2: 5:24am On Feb 10, 2010

Lap Dances For Haiti? Ohio Strip Club To Donate To Relief Efforts

Marilyn's On Monroe, a unclothed dance club in downtown Toledo, Ohio, is raising money to send to the Haiti relief efforts, CNN reports, though they're not yet sure which organization will receive their donations.

"You know, just like everyone our hearts went out to Haiti and we were thinking 'What can we do?" said manager Kenny Soprano.

When asked if he thought organizations would refuse the aid based on its source, Soprano shrugged it off. "Charity's charity. Who's to judge who and where it comes from?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/06/lap-dances-for-haiti-ohio_n_452273.html
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by aloyemeka2: 5:26am On Feb 10, 2010
If you are a Haiti church pastor and half your congregation are in need, will you receive proceeds from lap dancing for your needy congregation?. What will Jesus do in this situation?
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by Annunaki(m): 6:55am On Feb 10, 2010
Nigerian pastors have been known to receive stolen money criminals and politicians. The stolen sheraton money received by christ embassy is still fresh in our minds.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by aloyemeka2: 1:25am On Feb 11, 2010
Annunaki:

Nigerian pastors have been known to receive stolen money criminals and politicians. The stolen sheraton money received by christ embassy is still fresh in our minds.

Would Christ Embassy have received the money if they knew it was stolen?
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by manmustwac(m): 2:04am On Feb 11, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Of course they would. The same way they would willingly take money from poor man who can't afford to eat.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by aloyemeka2: 3:47am On Feb 11, 2010
manmustwac:

Of course they would. The same way they would willingly take money from poor man who can't afford to eat.

No, they won't.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by KunleOshob(m): 8:45am On Feb 11, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Don't they recieve lrge sums of money from politicians are they claiming ignorance of the source of the money tongue That apart what stopped CEC from returning the money when they found out it was stolen and condenming the act publicly? instead they threatened to sue newspapers for exposing them for the crooks they are.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by aloyemeka2: 4:52am On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

Don't they recieve lrge sums of money from politicians  are they claiming ignorance of the source of the money  tongue That apart what stopped CEC from returning the money when they found out it was stolen and condenming the act publicly? instead they threatened to sue newspapers for exposing them for the crooks they are.

Be careful about what you say with your mouth about the house of God. Do not say I didn't warn you.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by bawomolo(m): 6:23am On Feb 12, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Be careful about what you say with your mouth about the house of God. Do not say I didn't warn you.

no be only house of God na house of sango
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by aloyemeka2: 6:44am On Feb 12, 2010
bawomolo:

no be only house of God na house of sango

You are warned too. wink wink wink wink
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by KunleOshob(m): 8:58am On Feb 12, 2010
aloy-emeka:

I am quite certain God does not consider CEC plc as his house neither does he consider a scammer like oyakhilome as his servant.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by Odunnu: 9:41am On Feb 12, 2010
But i'm sure He considrz KunleOshb as hs spokesman and mouthpiece.
Ur own don too much 4here ojare.Wetin dem do u?kant u jst live ur life and allow us 2live ourz?
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by afiq(m): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
Let God be the judge.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by KunleOshob(m): 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2010
Odunnu:

But i'm sure He considrz KunleOshb as hs spokesman and mouthpiece.
your own don too much 4here ojare.Wetin dem do u?kant u jst live your life and allow us 2live ourz?

No true christian would stand back and keep quite whilst charlartans bring the faith we profess into disrepute and use it to extort others cos of their greed. A true christian must always be ready to sand up to fight for the faith.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by Odunnu: 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2010
Neithr wud any true xtian get into arguements abt the faith dat he professes.Its a biblical injunction Sir.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by KunleOshob(m): 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
Odunnu:

Neithr wud any true xtian get into arguements abt the faith dat he professes.Its a biblical injunction Sir.
I am not arguing about the faith i profess rather i am trying to expose the charlatans and scammers masquerading as christians amongst us. i am also writting to let fellow christians know their antics so they would not be decieved. The aposles constantly wrote against false teachers, prophets and doctrines in the bible, i am only following in their foot steps. tongue
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by DeepSight(m): 3:29pm On Feb 12, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Lap Dances For Haiti? Ohio Strip Club To Donate To Relief Efforts

Marilyn's On Monroe, a unclothed dance club in downtown Toledo, Ohio, is raising money to send to the Haiti relief efforts, CNN reports, though they're not yet sure which organization will receive their donations.

"You know, just like everyone our hearts went out to Haiti and we were thinking 'What can we do?" said manager Kenny Soprano.

When asked if he thought organizations would refuse the aid based on its source, Soprano shrugged it off. "Charity's charity. Who's to judge who and where it comes from?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/06/lap-dances-for-haiti-ohio_n_452273.html

And what the bl.oody hell is wrong with a strip club, thou hypocrite ? ? ? Can you show me a single verse in your bible which asserts nude dancing to be displeasing to God? When God created Adam and Eve in your mythical Garden of Eden - did he not create them and leave them naked - in a state of spiritual purity?!!!

Which is better: the robber who donates to the poor and needy or the pious perfect christian who does not? ? ?
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by viaro: 3:38pm On Feb 12, 2010
^^ do you go about the street unclothed to 'prove' your adamic purity?
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by DeepSight(m): 3:43pm On Feb 12, 2010
No: I simply made the point that there is no basis on which nude dancing can be considered wrong in the sight of God - such only amounts to hypocrisy.

I dare say that those afraid of nude dancing are the very ones unable to keep their libidos in check, hence their apprehension.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by viaro: 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2010
^^ Please do show us where in the Bible you find unclothed dancing to be pleasing to God.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by DeepSight(m): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2010
C.rap! Laugher! You cannot show me where your bible makes it a crime and you revert to me with this starved thought?

That I should show you were it is pleasing to God? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Let me indulge you:

God MADE man NAKED. So your own book of myths says!

And he surveryed all that he had made - and he thought that "it was good!"

THAT's where it shows unclothedness to be pleasing to God.

So what's your problem now - the fact of dancing? ? ?

Holy cracker-moly!
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by viaro: 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
Deep Sight:

That I should show you were it is pleasing to God? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Please just show me the verse that says God is pleased with unclothed dancing.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by DeepSight(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2010
No: You show me the verse that says he is NOT pleased with it.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by viaro: 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2010
I don't find lap dancing in the Bible. You called someone else a hypocrite on that. Since you said that "there is no basis on which unclothed dancing can be considered wrong in the sight of God", I requested you to show me the verse that says unclothed dancing is considered pleasing to God.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by DeepSight(m): 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2010
viaro:

I don't find lap dancing in the Bible.

Do you find sun-bathing in the bible?

Is it therefore correct to state that sun-bathing is a sin?

Can you show me the verse in the bible that states that sunbathing is pleasing to God?

I hope you can see how ridiculous your question is.

viaro:

Since you said that "there is no basis on which unclothed dancing can be considered wrong in the sight of God", I requested you to show me the verse that says unclothed dancing is considered pleasing to God.

WRONG. I DID NOT MAKE THE INITIAL ASSERTION. THE INITIAL ASSERTION IS CONTAINED IN THE OP WHERE THE POSTER SUGGESTS THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH RECEIVING THE DONATIONS OF A STRIP CLUB. HE THUS MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE BELIEVED UNCLOTHED DANCING TO BE EVIL IN THE CONTEXT OF HIS RELIGION WHICH IS WHY HE ASKS WHETHER CHRISTIANS SHOULD ACCEPT SUCH DONATIONS. HE IS THUS THE ONE WHO HAS MADE AN ASSERTION - A POSITIVE ASSERTION.

The rule of law states that - he who asserts must prove.

Now because you love to dance around in incoherent circles when things are explained to you let me regurgitate an earlier explanation i have proffered regarding the application of this rule –

In a sentence, the principle states - "He who asserts must prove".

However it is worth noting that this refers to a positive assertion as opposed to a negative assertion. In other words if i were to make the positive statement: "Michael Jackson is standing on his head in a cave inside Mount Everest" - the burden of proving that would rest on me, and not on the person who makes the negative assertion - "Michael Jackson is not standing on his head in a cave inside Mount Everest."

It is for this reason that in criminal trials, the burden of proof rests with the prosecution who are making the positive statement - "He did it" and not with the defence who are making the negative statement - "He did not do it."

Thus the burden of proof rests squarely with you and the OP who are trying to make the positive assertion that – “Unclothed dancing is displeasing to God” - and not with me who makes the negative assertion that – “Unclothed dancing is not displeasing to God”

So I await your proof, sir. The burden rests firmly with you.

For now, the balance rests in my favour, given that your book states that God created and left man unclothed. Only sin introduced a need to be clothed.

So unclothedness is purity. Beat that.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by GODSON2009(m): 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
@poster
im sorry but i dont think you have put a lot of though into this posting,in other words it seems a little bit pointless.
didnt you read it in the bible where apostle peter was shown a vision where several unclean animals came down from heaven and he was told to eat of it?
he refused and GOD told him never to call unclean all that he has made clean, serving GOD is not about the physical but the spiritual including your heart and mind. therefore if the lap dancers's motives were pure and genuine the lord will accept their gifts than that of a christian who gave out of negative motives,
go and check in the bible stephen was not born again but he was honoured because he gave generously towards the work of the gospel
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by DeepSight(m): 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2010
^^^ Word! Word!! Word!!! Say it again!!!!
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by Atheists: 5:14pm On Feb 12, 2010
Where was Jesus when the earthquake was hitting Haiti ?
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by viaro: 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
Deep Sight:

WRONG. I DID NOT MAKE THE INITIAL ASSERTION.

I was quoting your direct statement: "there is no basis on which unclothed dancing can be considered wrong in the sight of God" ~~

Deep Sight:

No: I simply made the point that there is no basis on which unclothed dancing can be considered wrong in the sight of God - such only amounts to hypocrisy.

You did not make that statement, no?
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by viaro: 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2010
GODSON2009:

go and check in the bible stephen was not born again but he was honoured because he gave generously towards the work of the gospel

Please quote the text and let's read for ourselves, thank you.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by KunleOshob(m): 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
@Viaro
The bible records David as dancing virtually naked before God and God was pleased with him.
Re: Should Christians Benefit From Charity Donations Like This? by viaro: 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

@Viaro
The bible records David as dancing virtually unclothed before God and God was pleased with him.

2 Samuel 6:14  ~  'And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.'

1 Chron. 15:27 - 'And David was clothed with a robe of fine linen, and all the Levites that bare the ark, and the singers, and Chenaniah the master of the song with the singers: David also had upon him an ephod of linen'

The point was - does that amount to lap dancing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Pastors Cashing In On Ember Months? / Athists Please Explain This / Atheist Quotes Of The Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.