Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC (3951 Views)

Top 10 Android Apps 2020 / My Review Of Mtn Data Plans! / Top 10 Android Apps By Nigerians That Will Change Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
After searching online for a dual OS tablet, I finally had to settle for the Innjoo Flex. I had eyes on Teclast x16 power with 8gb of RAM, 64gb internal memory, full HD screen with metal build and running Intel Cherry Trail Z8700 Quad Core 2.4GHz 
and Android Lollipop, I was priced away because of non availability in nigeria and rise in dollar. It costs about $350, and with the keyboard is about $400. To land it in Nigeria will cost me about N140,000. That is too much to spend on a supplementary Chinese tablet with no customer support in my opinion. There is no any other Dual OS tablet in Nigeria so I had to settle for the Innjoo Flex. Tecno Winpad 8 was another option but it only ran windows 10, no Android.

Ok back to the topic. The Innjoo Flex runs windows 10 and Android 5.1 Lollipop.

SPECS

Processor: Quad core intel atom 1.3ghz
Screen: 10.1 inch
Memory: 2gb of ram, 32gb rom with micro sd card support
Battery: 7,000mah
camera: 2mp back, 2 mp front, no flash
Operating system: Windows 10 and Android 5.1
screen resolution:  IPS 800* 1280
3g enabled
Ports: I standard usb, 1 micro USB and 1 Micro sd card slot

I got this tablet mainly because I needed an android tablet and I was like why would I spend 90k upwards for a samsung android tablet when I already have a galaxy s6. I needed something that could do more, and the added windows 10 is a plus for me.

BUILD QUALITY
Well, I wasn't expecting much from a budget tablet PC. It is made o plastic, though the back looks like aluminium but it is actually plastic. The tablet is solid, but not spectacular. I don't like the sim/sd card tray, it looks like something that is gonna fall off whenever i try to remove my sd card. overall I'll give the build quality 5/10.

KEYBOARD
Again, the keyboard is good enough for the price. has some good tactile feel and responsive. I like that it is magnetically attached to the tablet and the leather case is good enough. I don't plan to use this too much though as I have a powerful laptop that I use for serious work. I'm no feeling the trackpad on this keyboard though. It is very slow and can be hell to use especially with windows 10. So first thing I did after getting this was buy a wireless mouse which works perfectly. Score: 7/10

BATTERY
With 7,000mah battery, Innjoo claims u can enjoy 8 hours of movie playback. Well so far I don't see how this is possible. The battery has been inconsistent. Today I started using it around 12:30pm with 98% battery and by 6pm the battery is already on 13%. I only wathced 1 movie and I even plugged it while watching the movie. I would say total screen on time today is about 4and half hours and now I have 13% battery. Also I noticed first day I bought it when the battery was on 17%, I used it for more than an hour and battery never dropped from 17%. That's not normal. I then charged it and for the first 50 mins it stayed on 17% before it finally started going up. ANd this thing charges very slow, I mean wtf Innjoo. This tablet takes about 5 hours for a full charge, I mean they should have included a more powerful charger to make it charge in less than 3 hours. I'm really not feeling the battery. Maybe I need some sequence of charge and discharge to get it to normal but for now, I'm not feeling it. If I can run  this tablet down in 4 hours running android OS, then it would take less time to run it out when on windows.
score: 4/10

STORAGE
This is where things start getting interesting. It had 32gb internal memory, on windows 10 there is about 11gb or so free memory, but on android u get about 2gb of internal memory. I mean what the hell am I going to do with 2gb memory?  That is not even enough to install my apps. I can't install apps on SD card either. This device is rooted out of the box but it is not completely rooted. It runs android 5.1 AOSP. Super SU says I'm not rooted, I can't install custom rom as it might mess up the tablet and there's no support yet for this tablet on Innjoo website where I can download drivers.

Also pc doesn't see sd card on windows 10. This is normlly a problem people encounter when upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10. This tablet was fitted with windows 8.1 but then upgraded to windows 10 from factory before shipping. They failed to update the sd card driver and now sd card is not seen on PC mode. I have tried everything I can, gone online for research and looks like the only solution is to install the drivers which Innjoo does not even bother addressing. So on PC mode, if u want extra storage u gonna have to use the USB port, forget SD card. SD card only works on android mode.
score: 4/10

CAMERA
Tablets are not meant for taking pictures, so 2mp front and back camera are ok, could have been a little better though.
score: 7/10

PERFORMANCE
To me this is the most important aspect. This tablet runs great to be sincere. No heating issues (though some segment at the back gets warm but not warm enough to burn). Android runs flawlessly on this thing with great multitasking. I have installed my important apps and they run great, though I didnt load even a quarter of the apps I have on my phone, but it runs well. Windows 10 runs great too. Touchscreen could be funky sometimes but I think that's more of windows 10 issue. Windows 10 is still not well optimized for touch like android. I am able to run most of my x86 apps on this tablet with no issue. Again, this is not a work computer so a little slowdown is expected when on windows especially when u have lots of apps/programs running. Overall I would say the performance is above average. Like i said earlier, using the trackpad is a no go area when on windows 10, it works but slow, works perfectly with a mouse. Also I can play my HD movies on this and it runs well. This is a good tablet PC for normal users, if u are a power user don't even near it.
score: 6.5/10

VERDICT
If u are in the market for a budget friendly yet productive tablet, this might be a good choice for u. If u care about PPi and use ur tablet mainly for taking pictures and gaming, u might want to look somewhere else but u are also going to spend almost twice what u will spend on this. The display on this tablet is wack, but not terrible (maybe because I'm used to the qhd display on my s6 and LG G3). other than that this tablet delivers, battery life could be better though. I think this is a better buy than the tecno winpad, because they are basically the same tablet, this one has the edge as it also runs android. 90% android apps will run on this tab, so u don't even need to go to PC mode unless u want to use some x86 apps. Overall I give this tablet a 7/10 rating. Note that the price plays a big part in the overall rating.

Edit: I just noticed the battery drains a little slower from 15%. It took a longer time to drain from 13% to 8% than it would from 30% to 25%. That is a plus. I don't have any battery saving mode turned on.

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Darkseid(m): 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nice review but you didn't state the price.
Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
More

Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
Darkseid:
Nice review but you didn't state the price.

56k on Jumia. If u ask me this is the best mid range tablet u can buy in Nigeria right now and get best of both worlds. I had a lumia 2520 windows RT tablet which I bought for 90k, I already sold it because windows RT is just too limited and can't do anything. No apps support and microsoft are not ready to upgrade it to windows 10, This is a lot better and cheaper.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by ayinlaolola: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
pls can eny PC app be install on it
Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Toluene15: 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
The device is nice but after sale service of innjoo products is 2/10. Innjoo products have no replacement parts
Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Joel3(m): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
ayinlaolola:
answer this question? op
Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
ayinlaolola:

Of course yes it can. It is a full windows 10pc so x86 programs can easily be installed and perforce is OK for light use. Don't expect to play hard core pc games on this or use it for video editing.

I've since sold this tablet and got myself a more powerful dual os tablet.
Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
Joel3:
answer this question? op
Yes it can.
Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Gptech(m): 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Of course yes it can. It is a full windows 10pc so x86 programs can easily be installed and perforce is OK for light use. Don't expect to play hard core pc games on this or use it for video editing.

I've since sold this tablet and got myself a more powerful dual os tablet.

Is it the Teclast u got as replacement or?
Re: My Review Of Injoo Flex Dual OS Windows 10/android 5.1 Tablet PC by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 23, 2016
Gptech:

Is it the Teclast u got as replacement or?

Yes. Teclast x16 power

(1) (Reply)

removed / How Can I Get A 01 GSM Or Landline Number / Samsung Galaxy J Announced On NTT Docomo: Note 3 Specs In Galaxy S4 Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.