Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

N-korea Executes Military Chief Over Corruption: Shouldn't Nigeria Follow Suit? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N-korea Executes Military Chief Over Corruption: Shouldn't Nigeria Follow Suit? (538 Views)

Group Protests, Block National Assembly Entrance Over Corruption / North Korea Leader Kim Jong-un 'executes Military Chief Over Corruption Charges' / EFCC Arrests Saraki's Wife, Yar'adua's Daughter Over Corruption Allegation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N-korea Executes Military Chief Over Corruption: Shouldn't Nigeria Follow Suit? by exlinkleads(f): 8:23am On Feb 11, 2016
Kim Jong-un's military chief has been executed on charges of corruption, it was reported Wednesday. Army General Ri Yong-gil, chief of the General Staff of the Korean People's Army, was conspicuous in his absence from events celebrating the North's controversial satellite launch on Sunday.

Ri is believed to have been charged with pursuing personal gains and may have been ousted after raising objections to Kim's recent appointments of party leaders to military posts, a source said. If confirmed, it would be the latest in a series of executions, purges and disappearances under its young tyrant. The source, who is familiar with North Korean affairs, said: 'Ri Yong-gil is known to have been faithful to principles, so it appears the North cited (the charges) to justify his execution.

'This shows that Kim Jong-un is very nervous about the armed forces. It also shows his reign of terror continues.' The news comes amid heightened tension surrounding isolated North Korea after its Sunday launch of a long-range rocket, which came about a month after it drew international condemnation for conducting its fourth nuclear test. It is believed Ri was executed last week around the time Kim presided over a joint meeting of the North's ruling Workers' Party and the military, but it is not clear how he was killed.

Editor's Note: Do you think is is crazy? I think that not. Yes, it is a very correct grammer. I think Nigeria should emulate that. Their has been calls though for Nigeria to put death penalty as corruption punishment but i know that will never happen because the people incharge of making law are the culprits of that corruption offences. If it is kidnapping, well why not make it a capital offence but if it is corruption, it will be too harsh. Really?

Kidnapping can not cause a quarter of what corruption has done in this country. How many can you even kidnap and how much can you even request as ransome but nevertheless, they rushed and passed a law to make kidnapping a capital offence punishable by death few years back and yet they cannot make corruption a capital offence? Is it not outrageous that a crime that has continued to eat deep into Nigeria since its Independence have remained frivolous in the eyes of the law?

If you ask me, I am for capital punishment for any person found guilty of corruption. What do you think? Shouldn't we emulate the North-Koreans?

For more, visit http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/02/north-korea-executes-military-chief.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: N-korea Executes Military Chief Over Corruption: Shouldn't Nigeria Follow Suit? by TippyTop(m): 8:33am On Feb 11, 2016
Nigeria should follow suit because Nigeria is a communist country like N. Korea abi?

1 Like

Re: N-korea Executes Military Chief Over Corruption: Shouldn't Nigeria Follow Suit? by Luckylife(m): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2016
Even the executioner will first kill himself before killing all the politicians except few .
Re: N-korea Executes Military Chief Over Corruption: Shouldn't Nigeria Follow Suit? by mankan2k7(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2016
Bubu no reach to execute dasuki
Re: N-korea Executes Military Chief Over Corruption: Shouldn't Nigeria Follow Suit? by GEJ2019(m): 8:47am On Feb 11, 2016
Well I dnt see the corruption that the man perpetrated sooo what I can deduce is that That Korean dictator has something in common with My Successor.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose’s Aide: Falana Is Pained, Frustrated Over Failed Ambition To Govern Ekiti / Bibliography Of The New Elected Deputy Govornor Of KOGI STATE. / Similarities Between Nigeria And The Vulture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.