Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako (24497 Views)

Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Ex-ondo Deputy Gov / Court Nullifies Election Of Bassey Albert As Uyo Rep / Court Nullifies The Election Of Musa Arogundade, Ekiti PDP Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2016

A Court of Appeal sitting in Yola on Thursday reversed the impeachment of Murtala Nyako as governor of Adamawa State.
Mr. Nyako was removed on July 15, 2014, after 17 of 25 members of the Adamawa State House of Assembly adopted a report of a panel set up to investigate him for alleged corruption.
The report found the governor guilty of all the 16 allegations of gross misconduct.
But in its Thursday’s ruling, the Court of Appeal ruled that the impeachment of Mr. Murtala Nyako as governor of Adamawa state in 2014 was not done in accordance with the provision of the law.
In the lead judgment read by Justice Tunde Ayotoye, all the judges unanimously agreed that Mr. Nyako was not given fair hearing in the impeachment proceedings.
The judges said that the governor’s right was violated and declared all the process that led to the impeachment null and void.
The court ordered that Mr. Nyako be accorded all right of the office of the governor of Adamawa State through the period of office, and be paid all his entitlement as governor of the state while it lasted.

The court however, struck out Mr. Nyako’s appeal to be returned as governor of the state.
The judges ruled that his tenure as governor had elapsed.
The Court criticised the “impunity and arrogance” of the House of Assembly of Adamawa State and some politicians, in setting up a panel to investigate Mr. Nyako despite a court order against such move.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198302-court-appeal-voids-nyakos-impeachment.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by morbeta(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
Battle shifts to supreme court.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
Okay o. Supreme next, I guess
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by kcmichael: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
Medicine after death

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
NYAKO IS NOW A SAINT I PITY APC, THIS CHANGE IS A SCAM

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Flexherbal(m): 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
Politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
What happens if the supreme court agrees with this judgment?

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by princemillla(m): 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nigeia politics ehn na heart attack

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Pidggin(f): 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
No one would cry fowl now, Satan reportcard will not investigate the judge, but if the Supreme Court annuls this judgement that is when propaganda investigation and stories will begin.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by seunmsg(m): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
Obiagelli:

Are you sure the case will go up to the supreme court? I don't think the Adamawa state house of assembly will appeal the judgement. All the major characters that instigated the impeachment are no longer in power so, the assembly may just accept the judgement.

Beside, the only implication of this judgement is that Nyako will now be recognised as a former governor who was never impeached. He will be paid all his normal entitlement as a former governor.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Islamicpope(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
I blame egberipapa goodluck Jonathan for d reign of combine confusion in adamawa as at dat time. The man was too power conscious just because Nyako crossover to d APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
The impeachment brouhaha was spearheaded by the ineffectual clueless buffoon, now it has been reversed. Nigerians eventually impeached the Ogogoro drinker from Otuoke with our votes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin

Amazing decision by the Court. Next step is to approach the Supreme Court for re-installing him as Governor to complete his Term.

Great

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by TGM2015: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
Pidggin:
No one would cry fowl now, Satan reportcard will not investigate the judge, but if the Supreme Court annuls this judgement that is when propaganda investigation and stories will begin.

If you know how Nyako was impeached you will agreed with the judge that his right to fair hearing was breach and moreover the panel do not do any investigation before making their recommendations. If I can remember vividly, the panel sat one day and declare Nyako guilty of all allegation next day/sitting, I think the time is not up to five days. Though Nyako may be guilty, its suppose to be done appropriately and legally.

And mind you the so called propaganda investigation and stories you are referring to have genuine underlying logical reasons and iota of truth in them. I remember that Wike publicly assures his supporters few days he filed an appeal to supreme court that he is confident that the Supreme Court judgement will favour him and if not is supporters should be calm. The major critics of supreme court judgement was how the supreme court invalid the use of card readers result which was the major and substantial evidence on which the lower courts based their judgement, stating that card reader result as contain in the 2015 INEC guideline cannot replace the voters' register as recognized by Nigeria 1999 constitution as amended.

The supreme court judgement is about voting against or in favour of argument before them and the highest votes becomes the final decision and judgement (I believe this is correct as far as I know). I think there are seven people in the panel, it will of good interest to get the details of the connection of these people with PDP especially that of Akwa Ibom and Rivers. Mind you SR that reported this news is also busy exposing Buhari budget being full of fraudulent items.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Udopasa: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
No need for appeal at the Supreme Court cos the only implication of this judgment is, Nyako will be recognised as an ex governor who completed his tenure hence due allowances, emoluments and other packages wil be accorded him. Udo diri unu

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by BushidoBlue(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
Saint Nyako!!
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nbote(m): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
Islamicpope:
I blame egberipapa goodluck Jonathan for d reign of combine confusion in adamawa as at dat time. The man was too power conscious just because Nyako crossover to d APC

Lol... Una no dey tire? ? Blame GEJ again

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by dexpee4life(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Affirmation Of Propagandist and Confusionists (APC)
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Iroh88(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
Baba, you sure say you dey alright?? Shooo!!

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
Iroh88:
Baba, you sure say you dey alright?? Shooo!!
AND MUST YOU QUOTE ME TO PASS YOUR MESSAGE??

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
Obiagelli:
He will be paid salaries and other entitlement for the period he was away but will not return to government house because his tenure expired May 29, 2015. This also means Bala Ngilari will now be referred to ex-Deputy Governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by omowolewa: 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
And so whatz the effect?!
Patricia Etteh, Adewolu Ladoja and simiar cases only got their status back (and maybe the emoluments), not the seat itself.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

He will be paid salaries and other entitlement for the period he was away but will not return to government house because his tenure expired May 29, 2015. This also means Bala Ngilari will now be referred to ex-Deputy Governor.

seunmsg:

Are you sure the case will go up to the supreme court? I don't think the Adamawa state house of assembly will appeal the judgement. All the major characters that instigated the impeachment are no longer in power so, the assembly may just accept the judgement.

Beside, the only implication of this judgement is that Nyako will now be recognised as a former governor who was never impeached. He will be paid all his normal entitlement as a former governor.

Thanks guys
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by amaechi1: 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

I will advice you grasp a cup of cold water and take a second look at the publication again. I am sure this time you understand better. The court as constituted never exonerate him from the alleged crime, rather they granted him his plea that he was not granted fair hearing and threw away his application to return to office.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by ishiamu(m): 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by looseweight: 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
Such news is why some prefer military rule.

Care to loose some ugly fat in different parts of the but body, check my profile or signature for great testimonies

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by qualityovenbake(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
Good judgment
The court however, struck out Mr. Nyako’s appeal to be returned as governor of the state.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by tolexy007(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
grin
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Adesiji77: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Theatre of the absurd...

cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by dunkem21(m): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Keneking:
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin

Amazing decision by the Court. Next step is to approach the Supreme Court for[b] re-installing him as Governor to complete his Term.[/b]

Great

Read, oh God!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corruption: Aisha Buhari And Her Daughter, Zahra Are Also Wailing - Sule Lamido / Xenophobia: Abike Dabiri Receives 187 Returnees, Promises Stipend, Loan (Pics) / Endsars Protesters Block Calabar Roads, Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.