Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience (6453 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
Good Day Fellow Nairaland brethren,

I came from a church that preach the Holy Ghost Baptism but with less emphasis on Speaking or Praying in Tongue in fact I have never seen any preacher on pulpit doing so (can may be doing so at the secret place I dont know). Everything I need to know about Holy Ghost Baptism is being taught and Speaking in Tongues being the evidence of the experience. Although, years before I dont so much care about the experience but I still pray for it. But as at mid 2015 I began to thirst so much and so love to be Baptized in Holy Ghost, hence I pray for it more than ever till date.

On January 28, 2016, at the early hour of the day around 3AM I woke to pray, for someone some minute into the prayer the movement of my tongue change as if i want to miss word pronunciation i pause to continue with prayer same thing occurred i just continue saying the word coming out of my out for the next tens of seconds, but with the burden in my heart for the person am praying for I had stop so as to hit hard on my prayer point.

On the February 8, 2016, I was disturb from my sleep by an event i dont want elaborate here, during the period i cant sleep anymore so i decide to turn my sleeplessness to productive prayer, thanksgiving and for people. After the prayer i want to end it with praise, I just start singing and to add emotion to my praises I went on my kneels saying the praise of God; not up to a minute, the words change again in my mouth and i continue saying longer than the first experience on Jan 28.

Contrary to what or how many did claim to experiences speaking in tongue for the first time, that they feel the urge to do so, I DID NOT feel anything, I DID not feel the urge to speak it just came like switching a car gear when climbing a high hilly Express.

Now my concern is the Word of my Mouth was so different to what I've from so many who Did or claim to pray in Tongues, even if am asked I cant say any country did speak that way. I wanted to be sure am not influenced by the sermon am listening to in which the preacher Pray or Speaks in tongue, in fact its been a while I have listened to such sermon. I wanted to be sure and not hiding under deception of fake Tongue.

Kindly share what your first time experience is with me [and other]

CC: vooks, analice107, CharleyG1, sonofthunder, superior1 and everybody
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by analice107: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
GoodMuyis:

I came from a church that preach the Holy Ghost Baptism but with less emphasis on Speaking or Praying in Tongue in fact I have never seen any preacher on pulpit doing so (can may be doing so at the secret place I dont know). Everything I need to know about Holy Ghost Baptism is being taught and Speaking in Tongues being the evidence of the experience. Although, years before I dont so much care about the experience but I still pray for it. But as at mid 2015 I began to thirst so much and so love to be Baptized in Holy Ghost, hence I pray for it more than ever till date.

On January 28, 2016, at the early hour of the day around 3AM I woke to pray, for someone some minute into the prayer the movement of my tongue change as if i want to miss word pronunciation i pause to continue with prayer same thing occurred i just continue saying the word coming out of my out for the next tens of seconds, but with the burden in my heart for the person am praying for I had stop so as to hit hard on my prayer point.

On the February 8, 2016, I was disturb from my sleep by an event i dont want elaborate here, during the period i cant sleep anymore so i decide to turn my sleeplessness to productive prayer, thanksgiving and for people. After the prayer i want to end it with praise, I just start singing and to add emotion to my praises I went on my kneels saying the praise of God; not up to a minute, the words change again in my mouth and i continue saying longer than the first experience on Jan 28.

Now my concern is the Word of my Mouth was so different to what I've from so many who Did or claim to pray in Tongues, even if am asked I cant say any country did speak that way. I wanted to be sure am not influenced by the sermon am listening to in which the preacher Pray or Speaks in tongue, in fact its been a while I have listened to such sermon. I wanted to be sure and not hiding under deception of fake Tongue.

LOlzzz. My first time was dramatic.
The spirit of religion is a very strong spirit, that if you are not careful, it will rob you of your spirit benefits.
I was born and raised a Catholic. As a good Catholic, you must not accept a whole lot of what the Pentecostals preach, because they are the false prophets Jesus warned against. And speaking in Tongues is one of those satanic manifestations from them. So I stayed away from it. You won't believe that all my years of being in the Lord, it's not been quite Three years I received Baptism in the Holy Ghost which is made manifest by Speaking I tongues.
When I was taught enough to know that it's a gift of the Holy Ghost, I had a different understanding of it.
When I joined Living Faith, I discovered the way scripture is taught there is different from how I have always known. They teach Priinciples and how to engage those Principles. Everything has a principle. When you understand the principle of a thing and know how to engage that principle, you get results.
So that particular month, it was all about the 'Holy Spirit' and how to engage the Holy Spirit in our practical day to day work/walk with God.
It was a Sunday evening. When was about to go to bed. I picked my Bible to pray, (because I pray scriptures), for whatever reason, I picked my jotter, and opened to the message of that Sunday. According to the note, I was still outside the Christians fold if I couldn't speak "Christianese". That's God's personal language. The language of the Christians. The Bible says, when you speak in Tongues you speak to God. No man can understand you, even you who speaks it, is useless to you, but in the spirit, you are speaking mysteries. That night was when I had a revelation of that scripture, so I engaged it.
Well, in the past, I had tried to speak in Tongues, but stops immediately. I was thinking since it was Baptism by Fire, I was suppose to feel a sensation like electric current going through me, before I will erupt in Tongues.
I was careful not to fake Tongues, so I waited for that special moment, I didn't know every moment was a special moment. So I could ask and recieve.
That night, all of a sudden I felt like I have never really been communicating with God, and I wanted to. So, I asked the Holy Spirit to help me. I heard it clearly, 'Are you now ready?' I said yes. Audibly, it wasn't in my head. He said, open your mouth and start talking, and I did. Not as though I had a particular thing I wanted to say, I just started talking, but I was hearing my voice, like another person was using my voice to speak. I went off speaking a language that sounded Arabic. And I don't like the way Arabic sounds. But that's the sound of my Tongues. Now, am trying to change it, I can't, when it starts that's what I hear myself speaking.
That night, I spoke in Tongues for two good hours. I wanted to stop I couldnt. Now I sing in Tongues. I said here before that I sing praises in my sleep, I asked the Holy Spirit for Tongues in my sleep too. Two nights ago, I spoke in Tongues through the night in my sleep.
God sweet oo. Na to stay faithful hard.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
thanks analice107 since i have the hunger the experience not speaking in Tongue only but general manifestation of God in me i have tempted to speak random words but i restrained myself as that would be ungodly. So when this occurred am being carefully not grieved God

1 Like

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by waldigit: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
I had my experience sometime when I was still young after my school certificate.
I had always been wondering whether speaking is real or not.
In the church, then at one of TAC branch at Ibadan, we where told to come next sunday,fasting if we want the baptism and I complied without telling anybody at home.
So at church alter call was made, and I came out. We were told to be singing praises and the ministering MOG was laying on hands on pple to receive it. When he got close to me but attending another person, his suit touch me and I fell a strong blow on my spirit man and I went down. Then I wanted to speak.then my tongue started rolling and I was speaking misteries ,
That experience was my first and the best till date

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by analice107: 1:26am On Feb 12, 2016
waldigit:
I had my experience sometime when I was still young after my school certificate.
I had always been wondering whether speaking is real or not.
In the church, then at one of TAC branch at Ibadan, we where told to come next sunday,fasting if we want the baptism and I complied without telling anybody at home.
So at church alter call was made, and I came out. We were told to be singing praises and the ministering MOG was laying on hands on pple to receive it. When he got close to me but attending another person, his suit touch me and I fell a strong blow on my spirit man and I went down. Then I wanted to speak.then my tongue started rolling and I was speaking misteries ,
That experience was my first and the best till date
That experience leaves you peaceful. Unforgettable.
It just like when I went down under anointing for the first time. I was a very good 'doubter' if there's a word like that. I will just go to church, but lockup. I judge and condemn everything until one faithful Tuesday. I will never forget. The Holy Spirit asked me a question that made me losen up a bit.
I always believed that Pentecostals where fraud and shouldn't be trusted at all. They were in league with Satan to perform lying and fake miracles. But this Pastor was a Word based pastor. He teaches the Word, if you get a miracle, it will be base on your own understanding and engagement of the Word you heard.
So, that faithful day, the Holy Spirit asked me, if the pastor needed satanic powers to interpret the Bible? Will Satan tell you to stop lying, stop fornication? Will he make an alter call for people to be save? That got me thinking.
I was seating right at the back, the man didn't even come down from the alter. He stood there and prayed a simple prayer. He asked the Holy Spirit to cleanse the unholy tongue of his people with live cold of fire. My limbs went down like candle before the fire. I struggled up, I went down again, and couldn't get up for sometime. When I got up, I felt light, like a burden was taken away from me. There was this joy that went with me from that evening service that day. I was just happy. Jesus is really alive, true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by Great0: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
Bro Muyis, from your post.
You never ask satan baptism or demon baptism. Rather Holy Ghost baptism.

Matthew 7:9-11 (NIV) “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a
stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are
evil, know how to give good
gifts to your children, how
much more will your Father in
heaven give good gifts to those
who ask him!
Also read luke 11: 9-13.

So quench not the Spirit when He want to work 1 thessalonian 5:19.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by zenith4biz(m): 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
My experience
The first tine i spoke in time i was totally unaware because i was praying in English while others are hearing other language

The second experience was during morning devotion, my father asked me to lead a prayer while to me i was praying in English language because i understood all i was saying but i was shocked when my younger ones told me i was speaking in tongues

Question
Is it possible to be speaking in tongue unaware?

2 Likes

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
good day miss analice107,

I love the way you experience the presence of the Holy Ghost, and i desired as such. In 2007 i visit one of my aunt in Jos, i do notice her personal prayer life is full of praying in tongues, hours she can continue.

I will continue tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 7:45am On Mar 08, 2016
vooks:

Hi temi4fash,
Let me first begin by saying that the gift of tongues has within it diverse manifestations; you can pray in tongues, sing in tongues,prophesy in tongues and so forth. I have also heard of ministers who have preached in tongues!

1 Corinthians 14:15-17 (KJV)
What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. 16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? 17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

From this verse alone we see
1. Prayer
2. Sing
3. Thanksgiving
All in tongues.

Paul was categorical that uninterpteted tongues had no place in public worship. The reasons for this are, first it causes disharmony seeing you can't understand each other, and secondly, it only benefits/edifies the Gifted whereas all should be edified.
1 Corinthians 14:18-19 (KJV)
I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: 19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

1 Corithians 14:27-28 (KJV)
If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

In other words, if whatever you are manifesting is not understood by all, keep it to yourself.
Many ministers flout this and I have heard elaborate arguments about why such clear instructions are not so. The commonest is that only one type of tongues should never be used publicly if uninterpteted. They then go on and claim that this particular type is the prophetic, where the tongue speaker receives a word for the people in tongues and nobody can interpret. I insist this is hard to find in scriptures

There are only tongues or the gift of tongues, and I believe this rule that Paul's principle is that of communication. If you can't communicate to fellow brethren and unbelievers in tongues, please keep it to yourself. But as a Pentecostal( one who believes in spiritual gifts) for a while, I find this argument weak or baseless and it is just an attempt to explain away why you don't follow some scriptures.

As I said, this culture is so ingrained in us that some believers literally think you are demon possessed for believing it.

What can you do?
A few options you may explore;
1. Leave that fellowship
2. Ignore it
3. Raise it with the pastor or somebody close to him.

I'd discourage you from leaving church merely on the back of such a doctrine. I'd also discourage you from ignoring it. The third option is the best. But don't be aggressive because the pastor may take offense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 7:47am On Mar 08, 2016
temi4fash:

I will not want to argue any more... I got some things from what you and analice have said...

Obviously from your reply you have not given any cogent way of knowing that a tongues is gibberish. If you say because someone does not interpret is tongues then he is speaking gibberish then am sorry to say you wrong..

Apostle Paul just encouraged us to avoid speaking in tongues in the church without interpretation cause the Church is not been edifed by it.. Now that been said.. I would like us to know that

1. Baptism of the holy ghost is not 1 plus 1

2. No body can tell me a man is a saying gibberish based on the kind of tongues he speaks except the holy spirit tells you so. And the only evidence my Bible tells me that a man is filled with the holy spirit is speaking in tongues.

3. Everyone's encounter with God is different, So you can't compare how God works with you with how he does with another man

4. That a man does not remember his encounter with God on how he speaks in tongues does not nullify his baptism or make it fake.

5. There are some people who already baptised and because of fear and doubt they have not been able to speak in tongues

6. Every man should read his Bible whatever it tells you and whatever you believe in, do it and it will work for you...

7. If you learnt your tongues go and ask God for forgiveness and ask for the genuine one but if you didn't learn and you got it like some of us did then you are good to go.. make sure you dont quench it..

God bless us all..

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2016
oyeludef:
@ temi4fash, i will like to categorize fake tongues into two groups i.e demonic tongues and tongues learnt even though at times dey may not be mutually exclusive.
demonic tongues :this happens wen a person is possessed by a demon and hasn't encountered Christ but speaks in tongues. Dis can b discerned by a person who is filled with the Holy Spirit truely. I once experienced it in d University. There are some places in my school people do go to pray so one day i went there to pray on some personal problems i was facing and two other christians were there praying on their own. Suddenly some group of individuals were just speaking demonic tongues and coming towards our direction. At once i knew that that was a demonic tongue and it was as if the Holy Spirit just poured out power on the three of us praying there at once cos all of a sudden, we all stood to our feet and started rebuke d false spirits. Those people fell down and they all ran away. It was like a drama before my eyes as i could even understand how it happened. Dis was me dat was going tru challenge and wanted to pray for my personal problem.
tongues learnt : the Bible says they all spake in tongues as the Holy Spirit gave utterance not as d pastor told dem to recite. A friend once told me how he was invited to a church program and there d minister taught them d alphabets of tongues. Someone even told me a pastor said people should be repeated d word banana,banana,...till wat dey were saying changed and dat is how tongues came. Dis is d real definition of gibberish as nothing could be farther from reality. I once lived with a person who learnt his tongue though i wont mention the church he attends so as not to offend anyone on dis thread who belong to dat denomination. One thing dat characterize learnt tongue is d repetition of syllables and you will know it if you av lived with such a person b4.
All in all, just know that d devil is still a counterfeiter and just like jannes and jamberes counterfeited d work of God done tru Moses in d land of Egypt, d devil has still not repented even today. Why should anyone go for the fake wen the original is available for everyone free of charge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2016
vooks:
I will mention something on the gift of tongues;

1. Tongues simply means languages

2. In NT the term when referring to spiritual gifts as per Acts and 1 Corinthians means a supernatural ability to communicate or vocalize in an unlearned language

3. Tongues of angels therefore means languages of angels. The phrase is found in
1 Corinthians 13:1 (KJV)
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

4. I can't find scriptural support for claiming that one tongue is superior to the other

5. I agree with Anas09 that there are fake tongues. Fake in that the speaker fakes it deliberately or they are genuine but inspired by anything but the Holy Spirit.

6. One of the most ignored portion of scripture is where Paul forbids uninterpteted tongues from public worship. 1 Cor 13-14

7. The word gibberish when used with regard to tongues is usually in a demeaning fashion. Please remember that ANY language that you can't understand sounds gibberish. If you don't believe it, try and listen to Chinese arguing in Mandarin. This means we should not be quick to adjudge tongues as fake simply because they don't sound like a language.

8. For tongue speakers, please follow Paul's counsel and pray for interpretation. Although praying in tongues is beneficial as it edifies you, it has a better use when interpreted. Many of us Pentecostals simply settle for the gift. We are so focused on the gift that we never bother to move beyond it to interpretation.

9. Paul equates interpreted tongues to prophecy. It could be that if you understood the very things you are saying in tongues, you would find solution to your prayers! Or they could amplify your understanding of scriptures for after all you are speaking mysteries.

10. There is a controversy over whether ALL believers should speak in tongues or not. I believe given the immense value of the gift especially to prayerlife , it should be pursued by all. But it is wrong to look down on anybody who does not speak in tongues.

11. Operating in spiritual gifts is not a measure of spiritual maturity. The Gifted therefore should watch out against pride. First, it is a gift, and secondly, from scriptures, new born babes received the gifts right in their spiritual infancy.

12. Finally, all who have been gifted in tongues do quench the Spirit when they fail to exercise the gift by say praying and interceding for others

The idea that demons can't hear tongues so tongues are 'safer' I find it odd. The reason is first, demons were angels at some point so they would understand the tongues of angels. Secondly, the tongue you speak in may be just another language from the nethermost corner of the earth, and I think demons are multilingual. Thirdly,there are many prayers recorded in the scriptures and the fact that they are recorded implies they were prayed in a language that could be understood. Demons don't hinder prayers because they understand what you prayed is my point. It is mostly through preying on our weaknesses, our carnality, flesh, sins and so forth. I also believe one can pray in a natural language and demons would not hear a thing even if they are right there. The reason being that God can make them dumb if that is necessary

Selah!

PS
I avoided quoting many scriptures for brevity sake but I can stand by every point I have made and demonstrate the same from scriptures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 7:51am On Mar 08, 2016
brightekhibise:
@Charlyg1 thank you for sharing the revelation.

To the issue of tongues, will shed some light. Brother vooks has already done so in his capacity.

1. Scripture and not experience(s) are the basis of anything spiritual or that relate with understanding God's kingdom and its occurences.

2. The basis of our receiving the Spirit of God is that Jesus has been glorified (jn 7:39).

3. The work of the Holy Spirit is to testify that Jesus has been resurrected. (Jn 14 & 16).

4. Anytime anyone receives the testimony of Jesus, he then empowerment to testify of Jesus resurrection. This is called baptism of the Holy Spirit and it is evidenced by speaking in tongues. (Acts 2 & acts 10).

5. It is possible to have the testimony of Jesus(that is, to be saved) and not be baptised in the Holy Ghost. (acts cool.

6. At the time of receiving Jesus, the Holy imparts God's eternal life in our spirits. At the baptism, He imparts power to witness (Jn 20; Acts 2).

7. Speaking in tongues is our spirit man praying (1cor 14:14). The mind(understanding) is bypassed.

8. Speaking in tongues is under concious will. You can stop and start anytime you wish. (1cor 14:15).

9. Speaking in tongues is for every believer. (acts 2:16)

10. Utterance - your spirit has the ability to speak. You then open your mouth to say what your spirit is saying. It comes from deep within - your spirit being and it does not make sense/meaning by itself. (acts 2:4)

10. Experiences dffer but the principles remain same. Eg compare acts 2, acts 10 and acts 19. Some spoke spontaneously, others had hands laid and yet another with mighty signs evident.

11. God does not force you, you can stop whenever you wish. You can conciously decide to cooperate with Him. Question any force/experience that forces you.

12. You can also sing in tongues.

Been speaking in tongues for about eight years and have personally prayed with others to do so. Hope that helps.
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 10:47am On Mar 21, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

With all due respects to both of you, IMHO, there is nothing like recharging there however is something akin to ''''staying plugged in'' to the Source''''
''Staying plugged in'' to the Source, allows the continue flowing of the current of the Holy Spirit from the Source to recipients for infilling

Believers dont recharge, but stay plugged in to the Source, even with full bar on charge displaying

Believers are on 24/7 charging, they ought to never unplug but remain connected ever charging
and receiving from the Mains, as much flowing current they are able and capable to receive.
The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak
The Holy Spirit is willing, to give as much as one can handle
but it is either faith or the flesh, at times which when weak that holds one back
Believers are to fill in the Holy Spirit oversize shoes and suit with the current ever flowing from the Mains they are plugged and connected to

''Quenching the spirit'' happens when the plug is pulled, is another of my IMHO
as pulling the plug prevents the Holy Spirit from happening or continuing flowing from Source to fill up recipients

There are certain things we do (e.g. Samson and King Saul to name just two), which pulls the plug and ultimately quenches the Spirit

11Do not banish me from Your presence
or take Your Holy Spirit from me.

12Restore the joy of Your salvation to me,
and give me a willing spirit

- Psalm 51:11-12

There are at least two ingredients for keeping possession of Holy Spirit, they are:
1) God's presence - Remaining or staying in God's presence
2) Willing spirit - Having a willing spirit

The lack of 1 and 2 undermines the Holy Spirit and causes a total loss of it (i.e. quenches it)

The loss of the Holy Spirit, is clear or obvious to the trained eye, mind or observer
and the loss might manifest in two ways:
1) Instant total loss - total loss of Holy Spirit happening or coming immediately
2) Gradual loss - loss taking place slowly with a lingering residual Holy Spirit

Samson in Judges 16:20 and King Saul in 1 Samuel 16:14, are two examples of where, when the plug is pulled, the Spirit effectively is quenched and there is ''Total loss of the Holy Spirit''
Samson and King Saul, are also examples of the active resistance against God's work, and also persistent rebellion/sin getting the Spirit quenched vooks talked about

Gradual loss, where loss of the Holy Spirit can take place slowly with a lingering residual Holy Spirit, occurs in society today among believers, known as yesterday's man

We all know that one of the characteristics of a plugged in and switched on electric iron is heat (i.e. it gets hot or have high temperatures)
it also is known that, a just finished used iron, remains hot for a while even though it's being switched off and unplugged from the electic socket.

The Holy Spirit and believers, to a certain degree, are somewhat like the electric current flowing through the cable making a plugged in and switched on electric iron hot.
- The Holy Spirit is the electric current flowing through the cable and the believer is the electric iron

Now the reason for this lingering post, is merely to touch on that kind of believer tagged ''yesterday's man'' and the connection with Gradual loss
(i.e. loss taking place slowly with a lingering residual Holy Spirit)

The ''Yesterday's man'' believers, are like, a just used iron, switched off and unplugged from the electic socket but remaining hot due to residual heat
The Holy Spirit has been quenched and stopped flowing into the ''yesterday's man'' believer
but the ''yesterday's man'' believer, to some degrees, even after the switch off and unplugging from the Source,
remains still ''hot'' due to the lingering residual ''heat'' Holy Spirit

Most ''yesterday's man'' believer, dont know the Holy Spirit has been quenched because they are still showing the characteristics of the Holy Spirit, as in that lingering residual ''heat'' Holy Spirit

When the lingering residual ''heat'' Holy Spirit is finally and totally lost, then some of the ''yesterday's man'' believers turn to making unholy alliances with dark forces and/or undesirable spiritual entities to save face

The gullible and easily influenced who dont know about the ''yesterday's man'' believer's total loss of the Holy Spirit and the fake one replacing the original are easily deceived by it
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 8:58am On May 23, 2016
CharlyG1:
Last night I had a double spiritual attack, almost immediately after I advised 2law not to believe in those false angels..
I saw myself struggle with a demon, and the struggle ended with me falling off my chair in the physical realm.

I prayed. But this demon came again while I slept. I was having a dream and God opened my eyes in that dream to see that in the physical realm as I lay down, a demon was about to attack me.. So it translated in the dream as a person who came to me and griped my throat trying to suffocate me but I overcame and loosed the grip of the demon off me, as my physical body shook in the struggle. Then I woke up.

Attacks come for sure but God waves them off. With each attack a person overcomes, His /Her spirit grows stronger by the grace of God. The Lord sometimes allow this to happen for special reasons.
But behold we have overcome the powers of darkness.

Anyone here that is not from God will surely be exposed. It's not about how well you recite the scriptures or twist it to satisfy a point.
But it is about Who you carry on your inside. If you are of Jesus, it will be made known. If you of the devil, it will be made known.

There is no defeating the will of God on this thread because this thread is from God.
I have not seen a person who deliberately stood against the will of God and succeeded.

Mind reading/communication done at will is telepathy which is witchcraft which is a serious sin unto God. I have done this several times ignorantly, digging up people's thoughts through this means.

I remember one day in campus when I was still spiritually weak. I had a girlfriend who was sleeping in my room on one particular night. We laid on the same bed. And then I put my head close to hers, drifted off a bit out from the unconscious.. I started hearing her thoughts. These thoughts was saying something's I was meant to do for her to have sex with me (this girl always refused sex with me in real life). At a point I spoke back through my mind to the voice and the voice replied me. I kept doing that for about 3mins until I realized I had been communicating with a demon or a witchcraft spirit.
I pulled myself out from the mind reading, looked at the girl. She seemed to be asleep but I knew something was wrong.
Even when I tried to sleep, I would hear voices from within her.

I never slept with that girl. Each time I touched her she complained that my body was just too hot. Some girls complained of the same thing too.

Mind reading can only be initiated by the Holy Spirit and not by self will. When it's done consciously, it is witchcraft.
The Lord opened my mind to read a person's thought while i was at the university. I shared this story at the beginning of this thread. I was discussing with this girl in our theater hall in school.. The girl was shaking like she had fever. I could see her body trembling a bit and she tried to cover it up. As we spoke, suddenly I heard this girl say to me
'You think you can run away from me, you won't! I am not from this world and you won't run away from me'

I actually thought the girl spoke because it was soooo clear vocally. And when I questioned her at that moment about what she said, she sincerely denied ever saying a thing like that.
I got to realize the Holy Spirit just allowed me to read her mind and this was done to reveal the evil purpose she had against me.

So you see, when God allows this gift to function, He does it at His own will like every other gift to reveal the works of darkness, to save a person from harm and to bring glory to His Name.

The gift of discernment of spirits, interpretation of dreams, healing etc. All work with the move of the Holy Spirit. The prophetic gifts are the very sensitive ones and they need constant relationship with the Holy Spirit to grow very strong. When a person sins so much, he/she loses insight into the things of the Spirit gradually and this reduces the strength of the gift within that person. Sin suppresses the move of the Holy Spirit to utilize that gift fully through that person.

Though when a person is in sin, the gift could still work but only through the mercies of God. God may still choose for gift to function at several points even when a person is in sin (that's God for you). But for the gift to be fully functional at all times, it requires a close relationship with God and putting off backsliding and sin.
It will be evident when your spirit is weakened by sin, there will be signs like lack of dreams/visions, a feeling of emptiness, backwardness in real life, laziness to search the scriptures and to pray, weakness that only appears when it comes to things of God, night pressing on the bed, oppression, tormenting dreams, mind pollution etc.

I pray the Lord opens the eyes of our heart to understand the hidden secrets and deceits of the kingdom of darkness.

God bless us all. Amen
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 8:59am On May 23, 2016
CharlyG1:
I wish to clarify with a physical example on the nature of the gift of the Spirit. The more you cut off your relationship with God, the more you become weak and under utilize your spiritual gift.

Take for example. You put water in a pot and set it up on your gas cooker, you turn on your gas cooker and let the fire from the cooker boil the water.

Now, the pot represents a person
The water represents the gift within that person
And the Fire represents the Holy Ghost.

When the fire (Holy Spirit) is put on, it heats the pot (Person) which makes the pot and water( person & spiritual gift) hotter and hotter over time.

The longer the Fire(that is the more relationship with God/Holy Ghost), the hotter the pot with the water in it(that is the more a person grows in the Spirit, the stronger the gift).

At a point ripples began to form in the water. At this stage of hotness a person becomes too hot for Satan to touch.

But when the Fire (Holy Ghost) is turned off, the pot and water begins to cool off, becoming Lukewarm water and finally becomes cool water or cold water.

*Three kinds of spiritual stages*.

Hot, Lukewarm and Cold.

Jesus talked about this to us in the book of Revelation chapt 3 vs 16.
Which says:

Since you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to spit you out of my mouth.

Jesus doesn't want the lukewarm or cold christian. But He wants us hot, being in a constant relationship with Him, doing His will.
It's either you're for Jesus or Satan. There is no sitting on the fence.

So turn the heat back up if you've grown cold. Be in constant relationship to God your Father. Always speak to Him, read His word and do His will.
Turn on the Fire. Do not quench the Fire (Holy Ghost) 1 Thessalonians Chapter 5 vs 19.

God bless us as we obey in Jesus Name.. Amen
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
Still Fresh
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
evadreams:
Nice write up @ Op, i want to share my experience concerning this topic. I am not the churchy type but i luv God alot n a thrive to do is will but u know drowning in sin can be sweet. I first receive this gift when i was 15 years old at a scripture union meeting, i attended a boarding school n it was my first time there. We were worshiping God n suddenly i felt something like a language in my spirit, it started as a mumur,i was thinking.... what is wrong with me?? I could not control it again i started saying it loud, yes, i was speaking in tongues. In my university days, i went to a church service and the pastor was preaching about the gift of the holy spirit, it happened again.... i was speaking in tongues, The pastor prayed for us who have baby tongues and the gift of interpretation. I had baby tongues then because i only repeat one particular tongue till that service day i was prayed for. Nobody taught me how to speak in tongues..... it just comes on its own, i do understand what i am saying while speaking in tongues, i cant say how but i get the meaning, most times i am prasing God, sometimes praying and telling him my heart desires all in tongues. Guess i am lucky to have the gift of interpretation. I do grieve the holy spirit alot because i indulge in sin..... fornication especially. When i commit this sin, the gift becomes dormant no spirit filled worship will make me speak in tongues( it happens when i am worshiping God with an open heart) till i ask for forgiveness. Tongues can be in earthly language, i remember my friend who's aunt travelled abroad and attended a spirit filled service, she said the whites where speaking in tongues in our dialect. After the close of service she asked a lady if she has been to africa and she said No. If u want to experience it,all u do is to ask and open your heart. I had a friend who wanted to experience it. She did the above and received.
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by MuttleyLaff: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
GoodMuyis:
I came from a church that preach the Holy Ghost Baptism but with less emphasis on Speaking or Praying in Tongue
in fact I have never seen any preacher on pulpit doing so (can may be doing so at the secret place I dont know).
Everything I need to know about Holy Ghost Baptism is being taught
and Speaking in Tongues being the evidence of the experience
The latter part of the bolded statement is a blanket statement
made from not understanding why speaking in Tongues in Acts 19:1-5 had to happen

GoodMuyis:
Although, years before I dont so much care about the experience but I still pray for it.
But as at mid 2015 I began to thirst so much and so love to be Baptized in Holy Ghost, hence I pray for it more than ever till date.

Contrary to what or how many did claim to experiences speaking in tongue for the first time, that they feel the urge to do so,
I DID NOT feel anything, I DID not feel the urge to speak it just came like switching a car gear when climbing a high hilly Express.

Now my concern is the Word of my Mouth was so different to what I've from so many who Did or claim to pray in Tongues,
even if am asked I cant say any country did speak that way.
I wanted to be sure am not influenced by the sermon am listening to in which the preacher Pray or Speaks in tongue,
in fact its been a while I have listened to such sermon.
I wanted to be sure and not hiding under deception of fake Tongue.

JeffreyJamez:
Utter BS! undecided
Speaking in tongues according to the Bible
meant the deciples were able to speak in Different languages other than theirs
so they could preach the gospel to those people who spoke said languages.
Not this rubbish the op posted here. undecided
Bravo!
You almost had a bullseye having a go hitting the nail on the head.
Wow, I am gobsmacked.
''this rubbish the op posted here'' is an elephant in the room

GoodMuyis:
Support your answer with Bible reference,
not assumption
5And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together,
and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene,
and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,(i.e. both Jews and converts to Judaism)
11Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
12And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

- Acts 2:5-12

Realise that 99.9% of ''speak in tongue'' claims are not real and set yourself free
''pray in tongues''? Pfttt

Baby tongues? SMH

Historically, there's no force yourself to ''speak in tongue''
Historically, there's no trialling ''speak in tongue''
Add insult to injury and making matters worse, there is no recorded biblical reference of any ''pray in tongues'' past event(s)

The biblical and real ''speak in tongue'' historically has always been spontaneous...

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered, the point is to discover them

It takes considerable knowledge on ''speak in tongue & pray in tongues''
just to realize the extent of ones ignorance concerning the truth about each and them two things

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Sir MuttleyLaff!

I have few questions for you

#1- Apart from Act 2, other people that Received Holy Ghost, what language was spoken as is "speaking in tongue" did they spoke and why did they need such language?

#2- According to you It takes considerable knowledge on ''speak in tongue & pray in tongues ''. What ARE the differences between the two?

#3- What evidence can you give to ascertain that 99.9% of ''speak in tongue '' claims are not real and give me example of an event where you have seen real one

I take a break here for coffee, coz i know reply is going to be long
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by MuttleyLaff: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Sir MuttleyLaff!

#1- Apart from Act 2, other people that Received Holy Ghost, what language was spoken as is "speaking in tongue" did they spoke and why did they need such language?

#2- According to you It takes considerable knowledge on ''speak in tongue & pray in tongues ''. What ARE the differences between the two?

#3- What evidence can you give to ascertain that 99.9% of ''speak in tongue '' claims are not real and give me example of an event where you have seen real one

I take a break here for coffee,
coz i know reply is going to be long

Just be ready & prepared
to answer all my questions
when I start asking you too
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Just be ready & prepared
to answer all my questions
when I start asking you too

I Just Need Answers
then I will Knock out your question
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by shadeyinka(m): 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
zenith4biz:
My experience
The first tine i spoke in time i was totally unaware because i was praying in English while others are hearing other language

The second experience was during morning devotion, my father asked me to lead a prayer while to me i was praying in English language because i understood all i was saying but i was shocked when my younger ones told me i was speaking in tongues

Question
Is it possible to be speaking in tongue unaware?

Of course. Tongues come in various forms.
It works like this,

1. You may speak in English (as far as you know) AND people around are hearing Swahili.
2. You may Speak in an unknown language as the utterance comes (glossa) AND people around you are hearing Mandarin (Chinese) or they hear your glossa
3. It may also come in the subtule form of ability to pick up easily a foreign language.
Different operations and Manifestations

The gift (proper) as different from manifestations/operation of tongues as you have normally goes with Preaching/Evangelism. So, please don't waste it. To useful for foreign evangelism.

In the book of Acts, that was like what happened. Everyone around heard in their own native dialect

2 Likes

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by MuttleyLaff: 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
GoodMuyis:
MuttleyLaff!

#1- Apart from Act 2, other people that Received Holy Ghost, what language was spoken as is "speaking in tongue" did they spoke
and why did they need such language?
Very good question
It is always in the language of the unbelieving members of the audience
(i.e. in the language of unbeliever hearers of Jewish origin)

It needed such language(s) because Jews were dispersed beyond Israel

Preaching the gospel and preaching Jesus is the expected Messiah,
in their languages is meant to be THE sign,
to trigger the unbelieving/unbeliever diaspora Jew & non diaspora Jew
into believing the Good News and accepting Jesus Christ as the expected Saviour

GoodMuyis:
#2- According to you It takes considerable knowledge on ''speak in tongue & pray in tongues''
Yes it does.
With considerable knowledge, the whole gamut of ignorances concerning the truth surrounding the phenomena ''speak in tongue'' and the ''pray in tongue' dissipates
as then, you'll know the truth, and the truth will set you free

GoodMuyis:
What ARE the differences between the two?
The obvious differences between ''speak in tongue'' and the ''pray in tongue' are that:
''speak in tongue'', is expressing oneself in any language, loud enough to be heard and understood in order to make one's thoughts and feelings known

''pray in tongues'', although is expressing oneself in any language,
it unlike ''speak in tongue'' can be silent or mute (i.e. speechless)
as it isnt necessarily always audibly done like ''speak in tongue'' is
In whatever way it's done, it very much is an earnest hope or wish for others or concerning oneself.
''pray in tongues'', can also be an expression of thanks addressed to the Self-existing all-powerful authority influence (i.e. God) or gods

GoodMuyis:
#3- What evidence can you give to ascertain that 99.9% of ''speak in tongue '' claims are not real
Self-incriminating babbling, is one of the damning major reasons and that's the harsh reality
99.9% of ''speak in tongue '' is prattling, travestying the real deal

GoodMuyis:
and give me example of an event where you have seen real one
The three occasions where I've seen people speak in tongues (i.e. speak in a different language) are at Acts 2:8, Acts 10:46 and Acts 19:6
Each instance of the three recorded speaking in tongues happened with articulated utterances
that were coherent enough to other present audiences admitting and understanding the spoken tongues (i.e. spoken languages)

1 Like

Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by Hier(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
I never saw this thread before I created mine. Anyway, in case anyone is interested in more testimonies, you can follow this link. Thanks

www.nairaland.com/3942302/share-testimony-holy-ghost-baptism
Re: Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience by Hier(m): 8:28am On Jul 30, 2017
Lalasticlala thanks for the love. #FP

(1) (Reply)

Obedience and church work! / "pastor Adeboye's Private Jet" / For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.