Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research (27460 Views)

Scientist Discovers New Gravitational Waves From Black Hole Collision / Brace Up For Hot Days, Heat Waves-NIMET Warns Nigerians / This Funny Comic Gives You A Full Explanation Of Gravitational Waves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 12, 2016
sukkot:
requote it again. i upgraded the info
nice, you have a sense of humor...to be serious now, I suspect that the bound ones are about to be let lose...it won't be a sudden thing as most mainstream Christians expect, but a gradual change, a systematic evolution perfectly tailored to lure the unwary to sleep. Even as we speak, modern alchemists who heed the whispers of seduction are perfecting their crafts in secret black ops labs, creating fit extensions for the soon to be manifested entities wherefore men's hearts shall fail them for gazing upon those things which are coming upon the Earth...indeed as done before, these mighty men of old and renown shall again mingle themselves with the seeds of man but even as iron is not mixed with miry clay they shall not cleave one to another...and this is a sign that when you see the swine offered in the temple, let him who's on the rooftop not come down..if then the temple be your body, how is the swine offered therein? Here's a clue, the life of the thing is in its blood.....I can rant bros Jesus is Lord koyipada.

1 Like

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Samscofield: 3:50am On Feb 12, 2016
What took scientists hundred years or even a billion years to discover was created by an all knowing Being with just the mention of a word. They live and die within the span of a hundred years, He lives eternally.

4 Likes

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by sukkot: 4:15am On Feb 12, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
nice, you have a sense of humor...to be serious now, I suspect that the bound ones are about to be let lose...it won't be a sudden thing as most mainstream Christians expect, but a gradual change, a systematic evolution perfectly tailored to lure the unwary to sleep. Even as we speak, modern alchemists who heed the whispers of seduction are perfecting their crafts in secret black ops labs, creating fit extensions for the soon to be manifested entities wherefore men's hearts shall fail them for gazing upon those things which are coming upon the Earth...indeed as done before, these mighty men of old and renown shall again mingle themselves with the seeds of man but even as iron is not mixed with miry clay they shall not cleave one to another...and this is a sign that when you see the swine offered in the temple, let him who's on the rooftop not come down ..if then the temple be your body, how is the swine offered therein? Here's a clue, the life of the thing is in its blood.....I can rant bros Jesus is Lord koyipada.
hmmm hmm hmmm lawd ave mercy, you dropping gems and jewels. I can respect this post. right on point

1 Like

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by MathsChic(f): 4:16am On Feb 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
The problem with controlling gravity is certainly not its weakness, but It's dislocation from electricity. if we can find a unified theory connecting gravity to electricity, then it's weakness will not matter.
for instance, magnetism is far stronger than gravity. however, it cannot interact with nonmagnetic materials, making it entirely useless for cool things like levitation. despite the fact that it is connected to electricity.
the strong force as well. very well named. but it doesn't interact easily with electricity. so we literally can't use it for anything. angry

A cool analogy would be a really beautiful woman. whom you can never date, because she doesn't understand the language you're speaking.
I understand your point, but gravitational waves haven't even been detected here on planet earth and it took gigantic interferometers to spot a ripple from a massive collision. I say, we might get there, but it's gonna be a looong while.

4 Likes

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Ibj50(m): 4:40am On Feb 12, 2016
This means we could start having flying cars when proper research on its application have been carried out #thateinsteintho
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by brunofarad(m): 5:31am On Feb 12, 2016
Pls refer back to my post before hurrying to quote me wrong.
What I stated are the POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS of gravitational waves propagation IF scientists eventually attain the peak of this discovery.

Yes gravitions are likely existential,though still at a hypothetical stage.

Physics always endeavours to extrapolate thoughts and hypothesis...a very simple example is when archimedis inadvertently droped an object into water and some volumes of water where displaced....there and then he extrapolated the very event and the idea of measuring the volume of irregular solids was generated.....this even helped in the laws of floatations .

That is what I just did........thinking of the POTENTIALS of this discovery
Thanks

Penisinpenisout:

Wrong!!!!

Being able to detect gravitational wave is a far cry from generating them
Or even manipulating them in the lab, literally no device exist to manipulate or generate gravity, once we can harness the quanta of gravity(graviton) then we can start to look at its application

For now its all just validation of theories

What i really want to know is if these means that gravitons exist, just like photons for light
I mean, graviton is still a hypothetical particle or?
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by samology2000: 5:36am On Feb 12, 2016
welcome to the world of science...
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Jimmyo3(m): 6:06am On Feb 12, 2016
idupaul:

He clearly had divine help
of occultic nature.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Jimmyo3(m): 6:15am On Feb 12, 2016
brunofarad:
Pls refer back to my post before hurrying to quote me wrong.
What I stated are the POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS of gravitational waves propagation IF scientists eventually attain the peak of this discovery.

Yes gravitions are likely existential,though still at a hypothetical stage.

Physics always endeavours to extrapolate thoughts and hypothesis...a very simple example is when archimedis inadvertently droped an object into water and some volumes of water where displaced....there and then he extrapolated the very event and the idea of measuring the volume of irregular solids was generated.....this even helped in the laws of floatations .

That is what I just did........thinking of the POTENTIALS of this discovery
Thanks

someone once argued with me that gravity is not quantized.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by WaffenSS(m): 6:16am On Feb 12, 2016
brunofarad:
Remember my lessons in EINSTEIN'S Relativity of TIME,SPACE co ordinates in a universal reference frame...back then at OAU ile ife

If you don't understand the importance of this discovery , think of it this way

There are different waves like

SoUND WAVES
LIGHT WAVES,under ELECTROMAGNECTIC WAVES

WATER WAVES
TIDAL WAVES
VIBRATIONAL WAVES ETC
Now

GRAVITATIONAL WAVES

Just like electromagnectic waves propagation makes it possible for us to send and receive radio signals,radar signals,television signals and even make and receive calls.

Gravitational waves propagation ill make it possible for objects to suspend in the vacumn or air without hitting the earth grin
It has the potential to transmit and receive matter.
Just like e can transmit and receive sound and light signals..grin

The potentials are inumerable tho

Physics is wonderful

Nice one.

Big up einstein
The greatest scientist ever

#PHYSICSmakesMENwise

Are you building?

CLICK HERE

1. You wrote space and time as if they were 2 separate qualities. According to Einstein you can't have one without the other. So it's spacetime. Or space-time. 3 dimensions of space cannot exist outside the 4th dimension of time.

2. Gravitational waves are too weak to be of any use. It took a century to detect them with the most sensitive tool ever use. To propagate and harness waves as u propose one needs to be near a supermassive blackhole with an enormous spin. Such a blackhole will be violently destructive.

1 Like

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by tasceige(m): 6:19am On Feb 12, 2016
Niceman4u:

the significance:
1) It will help scientists to study the universe in a better dimension.
2) It will help to explain the big bang theory, ie the origin of the universe, wit the detection of gravitational wave, the workings nd origin of the universe will be revealed.

God bless you Niceman..
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by brunofarad(m): 6:26am On Feb 12, 2016
1. Sorry it is an error of representation I meant timespece (x,y,z,t)

2. You never can tell......Even nuclear energy is still destructive yet we harness it today with the appropriate systems.

WaffenSS:

1. You wrote space and time as if they were 2 separate qualities. According to Einstein you can't have one without the other. So it's spacetime. Or space-time. 3 dimensions of space cannot exist outside the 4th dimension of time.

2. Gravitational waves are too weak to be of any use. It took a century to detect them with the most sensitive tool ever use. To propagate and harness waves as u propose one needs to be near a supermassive blackhole with an enormous spin. Such a blackhole will be violently destructive.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 12, 2016
bayocanny:

Did u just say Science is God?

Yup.
Science is god.
Or will you prefer the converse?
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by tasceige(m): 6:39am On Feb 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
yes. This is the first direct detection. however, this is certainly not the first time they verified the concept of gravitational waves. in fact, LIGO was built to detect gravitational waves BECAUSE they had already been verified. what was left was to study them directly.The problem with controlling gravity is certainly not its weakness, but It's dislocation from electricity. if we can find a unified theory connecting gravity to electricity, then it's weakness will not matter.
for instance, magnetism is far stronger than gravity. however, it cannot interact with nonmagnetic materials, making it entirely useless for cool things like levitation. despite the fact that it is connected to electricity.
the strong force as well. very well named. but it doesn't interact easily with electricity. so we literally can't use it for anything. angry

A cool analogy would be a really beautiful woman. whom you can never date, because she doesn't understand the language you're speaking.

Wow!!! Am amazed.. That note is self explanatory.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Jimmyo3(m): 6:46am On Feb 12, 2016
GANJAFARMER:
Before your internet routes through your worthless satellites in space existed - The all seeing eyes who existed and lives forever before the ancient of days made it possible , just to enable you appreciate it ,but again what have you used it for ?
Diseases you can't cure ravages you until you piss in your pants and and shake with horror at the mention of an ordinary disease? Yet you don't get the message .
We will log in here to educate you until you acquire true knowledge and wisdom and not what you've been running with for ages with no answer to your ultimate question.
come on dont condem and criticize science in such a horrible manner, science is only working in tandem with the word of God,forget religion for it has been infiltrated with hypocrite. Science will conquer religion but the word of God will stand for all eternity. Brother follow the word of God and not religion else on that day you'll be gnashing your teeth in hell(if indeed it real) Scientist have worked tirelessly for centuries to discover what God described as faith "happening as you believe" faith has been proved in the laboratory and in science it is called Quantum Mechanics(Theory). Just think of the endless benefits and possibilities that comes with science.

1 Like

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by abumeinben(m): 6:47am On Feb 12, 2016
goldfish80:

Nikolas Teslar is the greatest underrated genius of all time. The man was so intelligent that he was considered crazy, imagine how different the world would have been with his thesis on wireless transmission of electricity. He is so underrated that my autocorrect doesn't even recognize tesla. But it sure does knew about Edison sad

Looollz. Mine did sha. Use Google keyboard.

About his underrating, it was the greed and love of money of the likes of J.P Morgan, Thomas Edison that killed his quest for free use of energy globally. The wireless charger introduced by Nokia lumia 900series was based on his theory.

I respect Tesla more than any other scientist
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 12, 2016
icemann:

So they were able to detect gravitational waves. So like radio waves, once you can detect it you can manipulate the wave this is how we brodcast signals like radio tv celphone and bluetooth.
So if you can manipulate gavity, think of all the possibilities like levitation, flying with little energy to takeoff, space travel, deep sea exploration etc.
So welcome to the new world. Don't freak out yet it would take a while b4 we get there.
Thanks for simplifying it. Best comment on this topic I have seen all day since the news emerged.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Jimmyo3(m): 7:04am On Feb 12, 2016
sukkot:
its the truman show all over again. the nephilims are manipulating the electromagnetic frequencies of the universe to create a gravitational pull on the souls ( which souls are electromagnetic frequencies ) of the rejected into the bottomless pit of wormholes and black-holes. we are on the verge of a major dimension shift is why this has been discovered at this point in time in human history. things are getting ready to change. some souls are going to be alchemically enhanced to higher dimensions while some souls will be gravitationally pulled into wormholes. see, the bible is a scientific book but only for those who can see the esoteric. this is why planet 9x is currently lurking in the trans-neptunian region awaiting entry into the solar system. that planet 9x is residence of the nephilims. they are here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kn--D68p8g
welcome bro your contributions breed intelligence. What did u study in school?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by erusen: 7:16am On Feb 12, 2016
does this means the earth is a computer,and Jesus was just a fat computer programmer sitting in the shadows of his father,on a serious note all those flat earthers,bible thumpers,yeye conspiracy theorists I hope say una eye dey open small small.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by josescotch(m): 7:17am On Feb 12, 2016
Still don't get it bro, I never did physics. Ur gonna HV to break it down Berra.
brunofarad:
Remember my lessons in EINSTEIN'S Relativity of TIME,SPACE co ordinates in a universal reference frame...back then at OAU ile ife

If you don't understand the importance of this discovery , think of it this way

There are different waves like

SoUND WAVES
LIGHT WAVES,under ELECTROMAGNECTIC WAVES

WATER WAVES
TIDAL WAVES
VIBRATIONAL WAVES ETC
Now

GRAVITATIONAL WAVES

Just like electromagnectic waves propagation makes it possible for us to send and receive radio signals,radar signals,television signals and even make and receive calls.

Gravitational waves propagation ill make it possible for objects to suspend in the vacumn or air without hitting the earth grin
It has the potential to transmit and receive matter.
Just like e can transmit and receive sound and light signals..grin

The potentials are inumerable tho

Physics is wonderful

Nice one.

Big up einstein
The greatest scientist ever

#PHYSICSmakesMENwise

Are you building?

CLICK HERE
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Onegai(f): 7:18am On Feb 12, 2016
goldfish80:

Nikolas Teslar is the greatest underrated genius of all time. The man was so intelligent that he was considered crazy, imagine how different the world would have been with his thesis on wireless transmission of electricity. He is so underrated that my autocorrect doesn't even recognize tesla. But it sure does knew about Edison sad

The way una can famz Tesla grin but it's good and yes, he is underrated.

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2016
sukkot:
its the truman show all over again. [b]the nephilims are manipulating the electromagnetic frequencies of the universe to create a gravitational pull on the souls ( which souls are electromagnetic frequencies ) of the rejected into the bottomless pit of wormholes and black-holes. we are on the verge of a major dimension shift is why this has been discovered at this point in time in human history. things are getting ready to change. some souls are going to be alchemically enhanced to higher dimensions while some souls will be gravitationally pulled into wormholes. see, the bible is a scientific book but only for those who can see the esoteric. this is why planet 9x is currently lurking in the trans-neptunian region awaiting entry into the solar system. that planet 9x is residence of the nephilims. they are here [/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kn--D68p8g

Interesting piece . Please please please elucidate on the bolded
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by iHustle(m): 7:26am On Feb 12, 2016
icemann:

So they were able to detect gravitational waves. So like radio waves, once you can detect it you can manipulate the wave this is how we brodcast signals like radio tv celphone and bluetooth.
So if you can manipulate gavity, think of all the possibilities like levitation, flying with little energy to takeoff, space travel, deep sea exploration etc.
So welcome to the new world. Don't freak out yet it would take a while b4 we get there.

You are on point.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by erusen: 7:31am On Feb 12, 2016
see as mark zukkerberg just dey happy.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Dekatron(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2016
CzarChris:
True bro, but for me the greatest genius of all time was Leonardo di vinici, he was hundreds of years ahead of his time.
The big bang theory was actually postulated by Georges Lemaitre whose theory Einstein said "his maths was correct but his physics is abominable" note: they were both creationist, so atheist should not twist this discovery.

You see, because they were Creationists doesn't mean that their theory belongs to GOD. . . . How will you explain Lemaitre propounding a theory (big bang) that would be the bane of his religion(creationism)? Because they were creationists doesn't make their theory support creationism
Onegai:

The way una can famz Tesla grin but it's good and yes, he is underrated.
lol. He is more than what you think. . . Back then when there were no Bluetooth or WiFi, Tesla build a remote controlled boat. . . Wireless electricity he did over 100 years ago, the BEST UNIVERSITY of TECHNOLOGY in the world (MIT), the geniuses couldn't do what he did as the their distance of transmition was lesser than Tesla's. . Today, you would've not been paying NEPA bill, Fashola wouldn't even think of increasing tariff. But Edison, the old steve jobs, the goal eater, the con man, stopped it.

CzarChris:
True bro, but for me the greatest genius of all time was Leonardo di vinici, he was hundreds of years ahead of his time.
The big bang theory was actually postulated by Georges Lemaitre whose theory Einstein said "his maths was correct but his physics is abominable" note: they were both creationist, so atheist should not twist this discovery.

You see, because they were Creationists doesn't mean that their theory belongs to GOD. . . . How will you explain Lemaitre propounding a theory (big bang) that would be the bane of his religion(creationism)? Because they were creationists doesn't make their theory support creationism

1 Like

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by readerson(m): 7:36am On Feb 12, 2016
sweetchizzy:
please what does all these mean. someone should please explain to me
Imagine yourself flying. ...
That's the best explanation I can give if you aren't scientific.
Welcome to the world of science.
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Psylas(m): 7:46am On Feb 12, 2016
ogaprime:
Ko le yeh won...

They think the whole universe came into existence By mistake...

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. That you buy something new but didn't use it for a very long time doesn't mean it's new when you start using it...
who created other planets...?

where is heaven?
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by erusen: 8:04am On Feb 12, 2016
HAIl SCIENCE, but Kepler and Newton still remain my greatest scientist despite all this Hollywood celebration of Einstein
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Psylas(m): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2016
Samscofield:
What took scientists hundred years or even a billion years to discover was created by an all knowing Being with just the mention of a word. They live and die within the span of a hundred years, He lives eternally.
All knowing that knew Satan would cause harm on Earth and still let him, my friend,

God must be stupid!

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
I like how Nigerians don't know what gravitational waves are.

I Also like how they think gravitational waves have just been verified when this is actually the second time. the first time, earned the physicists involved Nobel prizes.

I Also like how Nigerians are surprised that Einstein could have made a Hundred year prediction that turned out right. when scientists have been doing this since the inception of time.

from Kepler predicting solar eclipse for future decades, Poincaré's conjecture, to Fermat's last theorem. which actually spanned 350+ years, The prediction of thousands of atomic particles not excluding the Higgs boson that was recently discovered, antimatter, Entire Atomic table! down to the color and shapes. so on, Riemann's hypothesis which has been verified for the first 40 million numbers, the predictions of Ray Kurzweil, Isaac Asimov, michio Kaku, which have all turned out right.

Your pastors make yearly, Vague "prophesies" and you lot swoon over it, and most of the time, they don't come to pass! Yet, scientists make incredibly specific, concrete predictions spanning several decades to centuries, and you are all like . . . Scientist are still inferior to my pastor. angry

Anyway. I'll enjoy the Ignorance while it lasts. grin

cc Dekatron, johnydon22, hahn.
Classic!
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by yhormite: 8:43am On Feb 12, 2016
So in the next few years u will be able to put ur things in a machine and it will transfer it from ibadan to the spot u want it to go in Lagos within 5 mins #Sciencerocks
Re: 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research by Idrismusty97(m): 8:45am On Feb 12, 2016
django1:
Who is thinking about the movie "interstellar"?

Interesting stuff.
I love that movie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shark Bites Man As He Tried To Kiss It / Olawale John Olukunle, FUTA Researchers Develop Water HYACINTH Harvester / See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.