Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,385 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran (13134 Views)

Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. / Where Is Jerusalem Mentioned In The Quoran. / The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by johnydon22(m): 1:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
ValentineMary:
I could not help but chuckle at the overwhelming ignorance of the OP. What is it with NIGERIAN YOUTHS AND REASONING For crying out loud Einstein prediction was talking about the gravitational ripples formed by large bodies far away and how they could spread like a water mechanical wave (though gravitational waves are electromagnetic). It proved Newton's law on classical mechanics of gravity not complete. And Allah just went ahead to show that he does know much about what he created. Still subscribing to the ancient Greek astronomy that all bodies in the observable universe have an orbit around the earth ain't cool for a guy who we thought made the world. Even Einstein knew better. Thus Einstein is greater than Allah grin
I thought for one who claims to have created the universe God should know far more than we know..

But look at this, God showing not to even have the slightest clue of the universe he allegedly created but is here gasping desperately to have some nonsensical basic medieval knowledge of the cosmos to mean gravitational waves.

This God needs a diploma because since it created the universe he should have known things so profound that leaves the universe plain as black and white but just take a look at a book supposedly authored by God oozing of medieval knowledge.

Shows some guy who needs a secondary education..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by bjbukzy(m): 1:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:
[b] I am not paid to teach every di_ck and harry who choose to block their wits with nonsensical religious books science.

Let me help you well with a source from google

" In physics, gravitational waves are ripples in the curvature of spacetime which
propagate as waves, travelling outward from the source.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave "

Now let this be the day you learn something new. Orbits are as a result in the distortion of space/time by mass of an object in relation to an even bigger body of mass.

Gravitational waves are ripples of space/time distortion travelling outward from the source of distortion basically blackholes.

Orbits don't travel in wave-like patterns outwardly distorting the fabrics of space/time with the speed of light.

You probably saw "curvature" of space/time and got excited..

Now next time you choose to dabble in such simpleton-like ideas make sure you read what your google source said well before rushing off to comment.

Desperation to defend this drunk interpretation from an even drunker book can only make you look daft..
[/b]
you are reading the first paragraph which i am sure you dont understand. how does GW come into been! i am not here to defend a book that has already defended itself.
show me proof of known scientist claiming the science in Quran is wrong and not dumbass claiming ITK like you

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by johnydon22(m): 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
bjbukzy:

you are reading the first paragraph which i am sure you dont understand. how does GW come into been! i am not here to defend a book that has already defended itself.
show me proof of known scientist claiming the science in Quran is wrong and not dumbass claiming ITK like you
[b]Hahahahaha i am closing my face in shame for you bro i wish you knew what you are talking about.

A look at the screenshot makes me pity how desperate you are...

I was hoping for someone to come up with instances were Gravitational waves are same as Celestial Orbits and i am given this?

Someone tell me this is a joke grin

"Let me repeat myself and hope you learn this time.. Gravitational waves are not same as orbits.. Gravitational waves acts more like conventional waves try dropping a stone in water to get the idea but this time the fabrics of space/time is the medium..."

You see it is a pity that you are desperately defending some shitty Quran that doesn't know the earth is round by even more so ridiculing yourself.

And for scientists who regard the Quran as a piece of Crap i can get you tons of that.. Hawkins, Dawkins, Neil Degrasse Tyson..

I do not need scientists or anyone else to tell me a book with flying horses, muddy pool habitat for the sun, didn't know the earth has orbit around the sun but thought otherwise, thinks some middle aged sun baked lunatic pervert illiterate arab man split the moon is a huge piece of nonsense.

In fact for such a book to have produced one with basic scientific epilepsy as yours shows such a load bullocks it is..

You can get as much pissed as you want doesn't change the fact that the Quran is one hell of a retarding drunk book and can only turn 21st century beings into mindless simpletons.

Now run along and read or better still go engage your likes. .
[/b]

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by bjbukzy(m): 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]Hahahahaha i am closing my face in shame for you bro i wish you knew what you are talking about.

A look at the screenshot makes me pity how desperate you are...

I was hoping for someone to come up with instances were Gravitational waves are same as Celestial Orbits and i am given this?

Someone tell me this is a joke grin

"Let me repeat myself and hope you learn this time.. Gravitational waves are not same as orbits.. Gravitational waves acts more like conventional waves try dropping a stone in water to get the idea but this time the fabrics of space/time is the medium..."

You see it is a pity that you are desperately defending some shitty Quran that doesn't know the earth is round by even more so ridiculing yourself.

And for scientists who regard the Quran as a piece of Crap i can get you tons of that.. Hawkins, Dawkins, Neil Degrasse Tyson..

I do not need scientists or anyone else to tell me a book with flying horses, muddy pool habitat for the sun, didn't know the earth has orbit around the sun but thought otherwise, thinks some middle aged sun baked lunatic pervert illiterate arab man split the moon is a huge piece of nonsense.

In fact for such a book to have produced one with basic scientific epilepsy as yours shows such a load bullocks it is..

You can get as much pissed as you want doesn't change the fact that the Quran is one hell of a retarding drunk book and can only turn 21st century beings into mindless simpletons.

Now run along and read or better still go engage your likes. .
[/b]
well where in the quran was it stated that the sun revolves around the earth? or the earth is flat?
all this were greek fallacies.
well why are the planets not falling from their orbits?
for ur info, this gravitational wave is created by the speed with which this planets are moving, it is the force of this waves that keeps these planets in their orbit.
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by johnydon22(m): 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
bjbukzy:

well where in the quran was it stated that the sun revolves around the earth? or the earth is flat?
all this were greek fallacies.

The verses the OP presented above were enough to see how the Quran was dishing out Orbits for the moon and Sun in relation to earth without mentioning Earth in fact orbited the sun... Its quite clear it thought the moon and sun has orbit around the earth and even proposed they never catch up.

"And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out)." The Holy
Qur'an, Chapter 71, Verse 19

No not only greek fallacies apparently and for your information Hellinistic greek Philosophers Plato etc hypothesized that the earth was Round..

well why are the planets not falling from their orbits?
for ur info, this gravitational wave is created by the speed with which this planets are moving, it is the force of this waves that keeps these planets in their orbit.
[b]What in the world is wrong with Nigerian students..

For goodness sake i thought i explained to you orbital distortion and gravitational waves.

"Orbits are as a result of space/time distortion by a body of mass in a curvature of space/time around a body of greater mass."

That is why it never falls off.

"Gravitational waves are outward ripples of in space/time curvature travelling at the speed of light outwards from the source Just like a normal water wave"

Just throw a stone inside a bucket of water to see what a wave.

And secondly a wave cannot keep a body intact because a wave moves in rippled form through a medium.. Something basic as this you still can't grab.

Small experiment for you "Fill a bowl with water, Put a small float object on the water and then make waves appear in the water, you will observe how the floating object moves with the direction of the wave outward...

More proof that the Quran or any other religious book should be kept far away from the reach of your likes, it retards you outrightly..
[/b]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
So you had to wait until science verified the existence of gravitational wave before posting this thread
Which means you rely on science for an adequate interpretation of the koran
You value science more than your koran. Thats a good development.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by CoolUsername: 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
Penisinpenisout:
So you had to wait until science verified the existence of gravitational wave before posting this thread
Which means you rely on science for an adequate interpretation of the koran
You value science more than your koran. Thats a good development.

Hey, cool username!
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by oglalasioux(m): 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
Shifting the goal post in the middle of the game.
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by herald9: 6:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
See this escapee from restricted section... Better run back to your haven or Johnnydon22 will have you for his lunch and supper.... I'll be glad to lick the bones grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by Kachi188(m): 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
grin...the speed at which this thread was taken down is just hilarious......
OP had an eureka moment, but nairalanders just burst his bubble...#NoChill

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by ValentineMary(m): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
johnydon22:

The verses the OP presented above were enough to see how the Quran was dishing out Orbits for the moon and Sun in relation to earth without mentioning Earth in fact orbited the sun... Its quite clear it thought the moon and sun has orbit around the earth and even proposed they never catch up.

"And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out)." The Holy
Qur'an, Chapter 71, Verse 19

No not only greek fallacies apparently and for your information Hellinistic greek Philosophers Plato etc hypothesized that the earth was Round..

[b]What in the world is wrong with Nigerian students..

For goodness sake i thought i explained to you orbital distortion and gravitational waves.

"Orbits are as a result of space/time distortion by a body of mass in a curvature of space/time around a body of greater mass."

That is why it never falls off.

"Gravitational waves are outward ripples of in space/time curvature travelling at the speed of light outwards from the source Just like a normal water wave"

Just throw a stone inside a bucket of water to see what a wave.

And secondly a wave cannot keep a body intact because a wave moves in rippled form through a medium.. Something basic as this you still can't grab.

Small experiment for you "Fill a bowl with water, Put a small float object on the water and then make waves appear in the water, you will observe how the floating object moves with the direction of the wave outward...

More proof that the Quran or any other religious book should be kept far away from the reach of your likes, it retards you outrightly..
[/b]
Johnny abeg leave this dude he obviously needs to undergo a course in introductory astrophysics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by Medicis(m): 1:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Kachi188:
grin...the speed at which this thread was taken down is just hilarious......
OP had an eureka moment, but nairalanders just burst his bubble...#NoChill

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by meixili: 2:03am On Feb 13, 2016
Shalom salamalikum peace

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who took time from thier schedules to comment, and a big thanks for keeping it civil.

Thank you kindly.
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by Medicis(m): 4:27am On Feb 13, 2016
meixili:
Shalom salamalikum peace

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who took time from thier schedules to comment, and a big thanks for keeping it civil.

Thank you kindly.
So u still get mouth to talk after that piece of trash u call quran has been rubbished by Johnny.... Anyway Sha, I wish u quick recovery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 13, 2016
Very funny..
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by Medicis(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
ophy:
Very funny..
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
The way the OP was butchered in this thread was................. Brutal gringrin. No pun intended by butchered though.... sad

2 Likes

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by gbadexy(m): 4:39am On Feb 14, 2016
meixili:
Shalom salamalikum peace

Thank you kindly.
Brother, don't be downcast. It's dangerous trying to relate what's in the Quran with new scientific discoveries.
Science is still evolving and even though I have some reservations too about things like where the sun sets and the sun and moon not over passing their course, I have to admit that the true context of the verse may not be fully understood with the present knowledge available.
These are things to note: while the bible believe the world is flat and the heaven is just above the clouds as depicted in the towel of babel story, the Quran is way advanced in astronomy.
Definitely, with the limited knowledge of science over 1400 years ago, stating that the sun and moon have a definite path is impressive.
Also, stating that all affairs of the world rises to God daily in a distance of a thousand human years is another clear sign. In fact the one that made me take Islam serious. It was obviously talking about the speed of light. A concept not known till about a few century ago.
And the messages were carried to heaven by angels , and guess what angels are made from according to Islam? Light.
The guy quoting you is just downloading what he feels he understand about the gravitational wave from the Internet and interprets it the way he understands it.
One sure thing is that the earth, moon and sun all rotate even within their orbit and it's not just in a straight smooth path, but in a pattern that feels like a floating object on ocean water in a wavy pattern.
The book definitely speaks about things that is only being understood by man and while the eclipse may seem to discredit the assertion that the day and night don't meet, the sun definitely rotates in its own orbit and the earth rotate within the sun's orbit and the moon within earth's orbit and they are fixed in their path for eternity.
What constitutes day and true night is a subject for another day and with more research, science may still give new insight to it. Even with eclipse, there is only total eclipse for some minutes at best over some few areas and the day time as we know it in every location can never become night and night time become day. That would mean the earth rotates backwards.
In any way, the true meaning may also be lost on interpretation as only the closest possible English translation is used and does not give the exact meaning as it's stated in the beginning of the English version of the Quran.
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by lllllllllllll: 5:00am On Feb 14, 2016
gbadexy:

Brother, don't be downcast. It's dangerous trying to relate what's in the Quran with new scientific discoveries.
Science is still evolving and even though I have some reservations too about things like where the sun sets and the sun and moon not over passing their course, I have to admit that the true context of the verse may not be fully understood with the present knowledge available.
These are things to note: while the bible believe the world is flat and the heaven is just above the clouds as depicted in the towel of babel story, the Quran is way advanced in astronomy.
Definitely, with the limited knowledge of science over 1400 years ago, stating that the sun and moon have a definite path is impressive.
Also, stating that all affairs of the world rises to God daily in a distance of a thousand human years is another clear sign. In fact the one that made me take Islam serious. It was obviously talking about the speed of light. A concept not known till about a few century ago.
And the messages were carried to heaven by angels , and guess what angels are made from according to Islam? Light.
The guy quoting you is just downloading what he feels he understand about the gravitational wave from the Internet and interprets it the way he understands it.
One sure thing is that the earth, moon and sun all rotate even within their orbit and it's not just in a straight smooth path, but in a pattern that feels like a floating object on ocean water in a wavy pattern.
The book definitely speaks about things that is only being understood by man and while the eclipse may seem to discredit the assertion that the day and night don't meet, the sun definitely rotates in its own orbit and the earth rotate within the sun's orbit and the moon within earth's orbit and they are fixed in their path for eternity.
What constitutes day and true night is the subject for another day and with more research, science may still give new insight to it.
In any way, the true meaning may also be lost on interpretation as only the closest possible English translation is used and does not give the exact meaning as it's stated in the beginning of the English version of the Quran.

Found this where it says the earth is jiggling like jello

Op may have a case

But these small waves still stretch and compress space. It took special detectors — the LIGO system — to detect these tiny, tiny ripples.

"You can see that the Earth is jiggling like jello," Reitze said.

"The description of this observation is beautifully described in the Einstein theory of general relativity formulated 100 years ago

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/gravitational-waves-ripples-space-time-detected-first-time-n516566
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by lllllllllllll: 5:02am On Feb 14, 2016
David Reitze, executive director of Caltech's twin Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) laboratory
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by wirinet(m): 6:44am On Feb 14, 2016
johnydon22:
[b] I am not paid to teach every di_ck and harry who choose to block their wits with nonsensical religious books science.

Let me help you well with a source from google

" In physics, gravitational waves are ripples in the curvature of spacetime which
propagate as waves, travelling outward from the source.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave "

Now let this be the day you learn something new. Orbits are as a result in the distortion of space/time by mass of an object in relation to an even bigger body of mass.

Gravitational waves are ripples of space/time distortion travelling outward from the source of distortion basically blackholes.

Orbits don't travel in wave-like patterns outwardly distorting the fabrics of space/time with the speed of light.

You probably saw "curvature" of space/time and got excited..

Now next time you choose to dabble in such simpleton-like ideas make sure you read what your google source said well before rushing off to comment.

Desperation to defend this drunk interpretation from an even drunker book can only make you look daft..
[/b]

Thank you my brother for the free education, if we have just up to 1000 youths like you in Nigeria with a few in position of authority Nigeria would be on a road to greatness. Our present youth waste away their lives in churches, mosques and shines. Their minds and mindset us permanently frozen in 1st century Palestine and 7th century Arabia.

The OP thinks gravitational waves is the same thing as gravity. What a laugh. Just because existence of gravitational waves was confirmed a few days ago, ignorant religious fundamentalist quickly opened their holy books and twist irrelevant and unrelated texts to suit their warped understanding of the subject matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by lllllllllllll: 7:13am On Feb 14, 2016
I think di op showd class he or she kept it real cool and professional n seem 2 remain patient abeg nice 2 b c ing Muslims like dis n naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by dolphinheart(m): 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
gbadexy:

What constitutes day and true night is a subject for another day and with more research, science may still give new insight to it. Even with eclipse, there is only total eclipse for some minutes at best over some few areas and the day time as we know it in every location can never become night and night time become day. That would mean the earth rotates backwards.

lying will not help you or exonerate the op from his shameless attempt at finding similarities between science and the Korra. neither will the attempt to draw the bible into the discussion change peoples view on the op's blunder.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by gbadexy(m): 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
dolphinheart:

lying will not help you or exonerate the op from his shameless attempt at finding similarities between science and the Korra. neither will the attempt to draw the bible into the discussion change peoples view on the op's blunder.
Whatever rocks your boat sire.
God was apprehensive the people building the babel tower were going to reach heaven and He caused confusion amongst them by causing them to speak in different languages.
It's a fact in the bible.
So I wonder where you got the lie from. You scared people would read and be objective and mischievously tried to cast aspersions on my credibility.
Galileo had to run for his life from being burn at stake for heresy for saying the earth was spherical.
I do read you know. I just don't dish out fables to justify my position.
Re: Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran by dolphinheart(m): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
gbadexy:

Whatever rocks your boat sire.
God was apprehensive the people building the babel tower were going to reach heaven and He caused confusion amongst them by causing them to speak in different languages.
It's a fact in the bible.
I can understand your wrong understanding of events recorded in the bible. what one seeks, one shall find. and you have the right to read falsehood into what the scriptures said.

So I wonder where you got the lie from.
got it from ur post and bolded it for you to see. You made two false accusations against the scriptures in attempt to help the op.

You scared people would read and be objective and mischievously tried to cast aspersions on my credibility.

If I'm scared I would not have espoused the false statement and bolded it. Your credibility is not challenged, you might have been mis informed, the statemen is a lie, 5 out might have believed it cus you dnt know otherwise.
Galileo had to run for his life from being burn at stake for heresy for saying the earth was spherical.

yes galileo had to run, but not from the bible, but from people who wrongly claim to know the scriptures.
I do read you know. I just don't dish out fables to justify my position.

Then it should be easy to present facts. to show us where the scriptures said the earth was flat

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The First Muslim Lollipop Lady In Birmingham! (pics) / Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World / There Is No Free Will In The Bible So Enough Of The Lies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.