Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,205 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? (971 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Goodplace: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dear all,

i am slightly above 30yrs but just have a job of slightly above 50k. My pastor knows me but has never called me let alone on phone. i was so surprised when my phone rang and my pastor called me by my first name and ask me: You are not married i said yes not yet and he said i should get married this year and i said to him that i will. the following day i went to see him in his office and he said same thing to me and i told him that i need a good job that money is very important in marriage and he said that God said that he who finds a wife obtaineth favor from the lord he also said that if it is about a good job then i don't believe in God. But as for me i am afraid of stress and lack cos even my salary is yet to be enough for me to safe considerably.

My question is that is it that God has spoken to him? because i have been nursing that feeling of marriage but cash and the right person is the challenge. Please advice.
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Adonis3: 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
excuse me....

Show him ur pay slip

And ask for his daughter's hand in marriage

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by bxcode(m): 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
If he will also husband the woman with you when you go and marry based on his injunction, then go ahead.
Whenever I hear this ' My pastor says that I should do this or that, I begin to wonder if the person is actually a Christian. Have you ever cared to know what God has said about you? If God can speak too your pastor about you, don't you think it will be better if God speaks to you about you?
Know God for yourself so that you won't bve deceived.
Sorry if I sounded harsh.
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Melahou(m): 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
Maybe that's the breakthrough you need
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by osesology(m): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
My advice to u is: dont ever do anything just because sum one told u to but do it because that's wot u want to do, so if u feel u are not ready yet, then u beta learn to advice urself and do the right thing.
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Tallesty1(m): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
bxcode:
If he will also husband the woman with you when you go and marry based on his injunction, then go ahead.
Whenever I hear this ' My pastor says that I should do this or that, I begin to wonder if the person is actually a Christian. Have you ever cared to know what God has said about you? If God can speak too your pastor about you, don't you think it will be better if God speaks to you about you?
Know God for yourself so that you won't bve deceived.
Sorry if I sounded harsh.
Honestly you're the one that speak like you're not a Christian. Don't you know that some people are not spiritually mature to get messages directly from God?

I am not saying that one should blindly follow whatever his pastors says but the things a real man of God say are from the most high.
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
If God can speak to your pastor, he can also speak to you angry.. I remember when I was 18 or a year older, my pastor called me one Sunday after service, and asked me to go pray for God's will as I need to be settled..

grin grin Was he normal? Was he been deceived by my built grin? He didn't even bother to ask my age.. Pray for God's will @ 18? And my education? Other plans for life? Phewwww!!! I had other things to pray for @ 18, not marriage cheesy!!

@ OP, if you have been nursing the idea of marriage but haven't done so due to financial constraints, please, wait until you are ready..

On the contrary, you can talk to God directly, and watch Him make a way for you.. He is a faithful God (speaking outta experience).. You will wear the shoe, and not your pastor save he is ready to sponsor the wedding grin or better still, give you his daughter cheesy..

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Omoluabi16(m): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
If God can speak to your pastor, he can also speak to you angry.. I remember when I was 18 or a year older, my pastor called me one Sunday after service, and asked me to go pray for God's will as I need to be settled..

grin grin Was he normal? Was he been deceived by my built grin? He didn't even bother to ask my age.. Pray for God's will @ 18? And my education? Other plans for life? Phewwww!!! I had other things to pray for @ 18, not marriage cheesy!!

@ OP, if you have been nursing the idea of marriage but haven't done so due to financial constraints, please, wait until you are ready..

On the contrary, you can talk to God directly, and watch Him make a way for you.. He is a faithful God (speaking outta experience).. You will wear the shoe, and not your pastor save he is ready to sponsor the wedding grin or better still, give you his daughter cheesy..
nice opinion.. you're always on point.
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by bxcode(m): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
Tallesty1:
Honestly you're the one that speak like you're not a Christian. Don't you know that some people are not spiritually mature to get messages directly from God?

I am not saying that one should blindly follow whatever his pastors says but the things a real man of God say are from the most high.
This is why fake pastors will keep ripping people off in the name of religion, what prevents you from becoming spiritually mature if i may ask?
Even the scriptures stated it clearly that the covenant contained in the new testament is not like the covenant God made with our forefathers during the time of Moses, where he took them by the hand and led them out of the land of Egypt, but this time God will write his words in our hearts and we will be his people, knowing his perfect will for us by studying the perfect law of liberty(bible). You as a christian is meant to thirst after growing spiritually and not having a priest for you who does everything for you while you hang your tongue out and spectate. Thats why people are doctored with so many perverted truth today because they have a 'Man of God' whom they obey to the letter but dont know anything in the scriptures.
And if i may ask, how do you know a real man of God when you are still immature spiritually?
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by stonemasonn: 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
Goodplace:
Dear all,

i am slightly above 30yrs but just have a job of slightly above 50k. My pastor knows me but has never called me let alone on phone. i was so surprised when my phone rang and my pastor called me by my first name and ask me: You are not married i said yes not yet and he said i should get married this year and i said to him that i will. the following day i went to see him in his office and he said same thing to me and i told him that i need a good job that money is very important in marriage and he said that God said that he who finds a wife obtaineth favor from the lord he also said that if it is about a good job then i don't believe in God. But as for me i am afraid of stress and lack cos even my salary is yet to be enough for me to safe considerably.

My question is that is it that God has spoken to him? because i have been nursing that feeling of marriage but cash and the right person is the challenge. Please advice.
It means "go and marry and stop nacking all these little little gals in your adigbo" that's all.
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by ifenes(m): 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
Who is he to tell you that? Why do people let these bastards control their lives? It's shocking to see adults ask such childish questions.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by shollyboy2: 1:24am On Feb 12, 2016
I'm just waiting for the day you will come here and say our pastor said you should rob a bank, and you're thinking about robbing the bank,, you eventually went to rob, you got caught, and your news hit Nairaland FP.... .. I dont know why people just dont use their brain anymore... at 30 you're still brainless... Let your pastor continue controlling your damn life for you.....
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by shollyboy2: 1:25am On Feb 12, 2016
And this a Beautiful Idea ooo

Adonis3:
excuse me....

Show him ur pay slip

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by analice107: 1:36am On Feb 12, 2016
Tallesty1:

And rather than pray and see God's face, you brought such a delicate matter before wolves? Oh my brother. You have not done well.
You said your self, your pastor has never talked to you personally, let alone call you on phone, but all of a sudden he did, and told you something this big. Shouldn't you go on your knees and pray?

Someone opened a thread here talking about how he proposed marriage to sister when he didn't even have your kind of job, unknown to him, the girl was from a stable and comfortable home. She never looked at how poor the guy was. She accepted. She even brought money for somethings. Today, they have opened their own company in Abuja. That's in less than how many years.
Why are we in Christ if we are not ready to trust him? Why keep yourself down, when you can go up?
Okay, fine, get counsel from NL teenagers. Goodluck with that.
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Qualer: 3:52am On Feb 12, 2016
Adonis3:
excuse me....

Show him ur pay slip

#Adonis3HasSopken

gbam!! grin grin no mind the one chance pastor!! all these people that go to some kind of churches sef!!
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Qualer: 3:54am On Feb 12, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

good talk, and you are pretty as well... dammn! some guys are so lucky!! cool
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by analice107: 10:35am On Feb 12, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

It's well oo. Hear this dude asking if his pastor is normal. Hmm.
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by reallest(f): 10:40am On Feb 12, 2016
Goodplace:
Dear all,

Dat pastor see u as someone who is too da.ft too think for himself
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:01am On Feb 12, 2016
analice107:

It's well oo. Hear this dude asking if his pastor is normal. Hmm.
Why are you pained undecided? Are you his assistant?

And when did dudes start wearing gowns undecided?
Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by johnydon22(m): 11:05am On Feb 12, 2016
It just shows that your pastor is one hell of a dude that has no idea how to mind his god damn business

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pastor Called Me On Phone That I Should Get Married. What Could It Mean? by temi4fash(m): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2016
I don't see anything wrong in your pastor telling you to get married these year....

Now, what I thnk is wrong is you taking it, hook line and sinker.. shebi you self can pray ni..

You self find the the face of God if youbare patient and seek his face whatever God revealed to the pastor he xan also reveal to you just mean you gat to wait longer..

N.B some people heaven might not open until they meet the right spouse or partners so.. your pastor telling to go and marry you go back to ask how far. Your servant said these and these whats happening.

Am sure he will answer you

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Forgiveness Is So Important / Hell:the Destiny Of Sinners: / What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.