Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,013 members, 7,953,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

Who Was The First Muslim? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Was The First Muslim? (1705 Views)

Who Was The First Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Who Was The First Muslim? by gen2genius(m): 1:58am On Jul 06, 2009
QURAN 2:132

The same did Abraham enjoin upon his sons, and also Jacob, (saying): O my sons! Lo! Allah hath chosen for you the (true) religion; therefore die not save as men who have surrendered (unto Him).

QURAN 7:143

And Moses fell down senseless. And when he woke he said: Glory unto Thee! I turn unto Thee repentant, and I am the first of (true) believers.

QURAN 39:12
And I [Muhammad] am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him).

No wonder muslims are so CONFUSED! grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by gen2genius(m): 2:11am On Jul 06, 2009
No muslim to answer? I knew it lol grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by olabowale(m): 2:26am On Jul 06, 2009
I hope gen2genius is educated? You should know that no two men in the list of three were alie as muslim, side by side at any time. Am I correct? If I am, each man was the first as a mslim in his own time! What they have in common was prophethood, leadership of people and did not live in the same time!

I respond to this as the typical process of how flawed your arguments are!

1 Like

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by olabowale(m): 2:29am On Jul 06, 2009
you left the verse about ibrahim saying he is the first muslim, in his time in chapter 6!
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by gen2genius(m): 2:32am On Jul 06, 2009
Just answer a simple question. Who was the first muslim - Abraham, Moses or Muhammad?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 06, 2009
What the verse means is first muslims from their people, who were non-muslims. Not first muslims to ever live.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by SeanT21(f): 4:02am On Jul 06, 2009
When did Abraham and Moses become muslims??
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by noetic2: 6:28am On Jul 06, 2009
SeanT21:

in allah's imagination. as a matter of FACT adam was also a muslim. grin grin
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by No2Atheism(m): 6:43am On Jul 06, 2009
fellis:

What the verse means is first muslims from their people, who were non-muslims. Not first muslims to ever live.

Please can u be more coherent and stop trying to decieve yourself by twisting the quran to mean something else that it clearly does not mean. It is very clear from the quran wat is being said.

The quran did not say: first amongst non-muslims
The quran said: first muslim

Those are two different statements and meaning entirely, moreover how come the quran did not make it clear  grin and forcing you to re-interprete for us. If the quran is not clear on that, then wat other thing are we also suppose to reinterprete grin grin (e.g. let me guess murky water and setting sun, farthest mosque in jerusalem that mohammed never visited but said he did and the list goes on and on)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

gen2genius:

QURAN 2:132

The same did Abraham enjoin upon his sons, and also Jacob, (saying): O my sons! Lo! Allah hath chosen for you the (true) religion; therefore die not save as men who have surrendered (unto Him).

QURAN 7:143

And Moses fell down senseless. And when he woke he said: Glory unto Thee! I turn unto Thee repentant, and I am the first of (true) believers.

QURAN 39:12
    And I [Muhammad] am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him).

No wonder muslims are so CONFUSED! grin grin

I want to use muslims words against them, so that they would not be able to dance around and lie that its not true. First and foremost, let us understand that:

- Muslims say a child born to a muslim father is a muslim

- From above, the quran says abraham talked to allah (which he did not cus allah was a moon god) and also that abraham told his sons and jacob
that following allah is the true religion.

Now let us notice the following observations from the quoted quran verses.

Thus from above, it means:

- Abraham was a muslim

- Abraham's sons were muslims by birth
(according to muslims) and because Abraham told them about Allah.

- Jacob was also a muslim by birth.

- All descendants of Jacob were muslims by birth.

- Moses was a muslim by birth.

- Isrealites are descendants of Jacob, hence it means isrealites are also muslims by birth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let us notice the following serious problems of obvious contradiction noticed immediately from the quoted verses and raised points.

1. The Quran says:

Moses was claimed to be the first muslim.  shocked

2. The Quran implies:

Abraham was also claimed to be the first muslim  shocked shocked

3. The Quran implies:

Jacob was already born while Abraham was still alive   shocked shocked shocked

The other contradictions are that:

How came Allah talk to Abraham wen there was no god called Allah until the time of Mohammed who himself is a descendant of Abraham as a result of the lineage of Ishmeal.

Isrealites are not muslims, were never muslims and have never called themselves muslims.

There is no god or Creator called "Allah" in land, language and history of children of Isreal, instead the word allah originated from the names of idols worshipped by Arabs before the birth of Mohammed himself.

Isrealites don't have anything to do with descendants of Ishmeal apart from being descendants of Abraham.

Moses never called himself a muslim.

Moses never called the Creator by the name Allah.

How can Moses be the first muslim when even the quran says that children of Jacob are supposed to be muslims by birth considering Moses did not come before other children of Jacob and Abraham.

Jacob was the son of Isaac.

Jacob was not yet born until Abraham had already died, hence how did Abraham tell Jacob something wen its obvious that Jacob was not even existing then.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by bawomolo(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2009
SeanT21:

the same day christians and muslims decided to rip off jewish mythology.
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Maykelly(f): 10:50am On Aug 03, 2009
this thread cannot be abandone - the first Muslim are mohammed and his wives including the 9 year old (which will be term today as child abuse)
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Abuzola(m): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2009
Who is a muslim ? One become a muslim by submitting himself to Allah. Prophets are sent to people to guide them and make them submit themselves to Allah. Hence, the man to call them to worship will have to be the first man to submit himself to God therefore he is the first muslim, Adam was the first muslim during his nation, Abraham was the first muslim during his nation, Moses, jesus and finally Muhammad is the first muslim in this nation as we are his followers. I can claim to be the first muslim in my village if am the first to submit to Allah. Now you know what a muslim means
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by papagiddy(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2009
islam and fables. Lot of twisted stories in the Quran, its even funny atimes!!
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Abuzola(m): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2009
On when death overtake you, so shall you know if Islam is fable or real.

Quran 3:10
'verily, those who disbelieve, neither their properties nor their offspring will avail them whatsoever against Allah, and it is they who will be fuel for hell'
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by papagiddy(m): 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2009
@ Abuzola
The Bible say 'whosoever that believeth not is comdemed already" so abuzola, u are DOOMED ALREADY.
Therefore, i put it to u today: "Accept the Lord Jesus christ and thou shall be saved"
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Abuzola(m): 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2009
Papa giddy, who is your God ? jesus or jehova, God or son ? Convince me. Do we really had God on earth ?
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Nezan(m): 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
Abuzola:

Papa giddy, who is your God ? jesus or jehova, God or son ? Convince me. Do we really had God on earth ?
Another confused soul needing deliverance. Help them O! God,
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Abuzola(m): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2009
Nezan:

Quran 3:10
'verily, those who disbelieve, neither their properties nor their offspring will avail them whatsoever against Allah, and it is they who will be fuel for hell'
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by BOMANY: 1:49am On Aug 04, 2009
Nezan:

@Nezan
Answer the man if you have any instead of ur hubbub

@Abuzola,
not all of them believe in that myth of the father and the son, some believe that both are one, one god came down after comlete pregnany to sacrifice them; Orthodox do in East Europe, Russia, Greece, Egypt, and Ethiopia
So, who should they worship, the father and the son or the one god that came down. Even they are not unified on who to worship
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by mukina2: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2009

(1)

Muhammad Crime And Reference / Woman Delivers Baby With Rosary / Prof. M. A. Salau's Burial.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.