Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Atheists - In God We Trust - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists - In God We Trust (1039 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists - In God We Trust by folami86: 4:16am On Jul 06, 2009
So here we have the Atheists denouncing God, yet spending US money  with "In God We Trust" on it.    The hypocrisy of these Atheists.

Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by Tudor6(f): 8:58am On Jul 06, 2009
The nigerian naira has an islamic symbol yet christians spend it, pastors love to collect it as tithes and offerings. . . Hell pastors in Nigeria will collect a virus if you label it tithe. WHAT HYPOCRITES!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by budaatum: 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2009
Tudór:

The nigerian naira has an islamic symbol yet christians spend it, pastors love to collect it as tithes and offerings. . . Hell pastors in Nigeria will collect a virus if you label it tithe. WHAT HYPOCRITES!
Absolutely priceless, this is!
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by bawomolo(m): 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2009
Tudór:

crickets
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by folami86: 4:02am On Jul 07, 2009
Tudór:

I think Christians can live with spending the naira knowing that Muslims and Christians have some things in common:-

We believe in one God (unlike you who don't believe in any)
We pray daily
We fast
Mary/Christ existed on earth
We believe in Heaven and Hell
We believe in God's judgement
We have a Holy book
We have the Abraham roots in us (children of Abraham)
God created us (including you)
Weekly worship
Helping (the act of giving)

But here you have atheists who have no morals, always criticizing and always mocking God but can't do without the "in God we trust. Ma'an you all should bring back bartering
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by Tudor6(f): 10:28am On Jul 07, 2009
Listen to yourself. . . .are you dumb?
The bible says be ye not equally yoked with unbelievers and you're busy comparing yourself with muslims. . .wait till noetic or davidylan catches you.

The thread was about atheists spending the dollar inscribed with "in god we trust"- I exposed your LYING HYPOCRISY and all you do is jump into bed with the islamists. Jesus will be ASHAMED of you!
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by GEW: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2009
Tudór:

Listen to yourself. . . .are you dumb?
The bible says be ye not equally yoked with unbelievers and you're busy comparing yourself with muslims. . .wait till noetic or davidylan catches you.

The thread was about atheists spending the dollar inscribed with "in god we trust"- I exposed your LYING HYPOCRISY and all you do is jump into bed with the islamists. Jesus will be ASHAMED of you!
how would you know who Jesus is ashamed of?

do you know Jesus for yourself?
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by Tudor6(f): 10:56am On Jul 07, 2009
Shut up there!
Have you met jesus?
All you know about him is it not what some lying bastards wrote 70years after his death- they couldn't even all get their story straight.
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by horse703: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2009
tudor you do believe there is something called wind or the air but you have never seen it before neuther do u know where it comes from yet u believe it exists why because u can feel it effects cant u. tudor u dont have to see Jesus to believe, we who have accepted him know have experienced his effect on us and if u also accept him now im sure u wil also feel his efffect Tudor. get wiser
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by Tudor6(f): 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2009
horse703:

tudor you do believe there is something called wind or the air but you have never seen it before neuther do u know where it comes from yet u believe it exists why because u can feel it effects cant u. tudor u dont have to see Jesus to believe, we who have accepted him know have experienced his effect on us and if u also accept him now im sure u wil also feel his efffect Tudor. get wiser
Keep deceiving yourself!
I assure you what you're  experiencing or feeling is not jesus or magic, it's just a false sense of security, hope and joy you get when somebody tells you a FABRICATED STORY.
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by horse703: 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2009
u dnt seem really sure of yourself tudor cos from wht i see u r admiting that there is hope, peace and joy in christ, it is true tudor there is thank u
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by Tudor6(f): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2009
An alcoholic gets hope from alcohol albeit false hope. . .a crack addict gets joy from cocaine but it's false joy.

Remember, that a believer is happier than an unbeliever is no more than the fact a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by horse703: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2009
are u an alcolholic, a drug addict which one tudor. if ur not then how will u know if they are really happy or not, if u r then i understand where u are coming from, becos truly those kind of people have really lost hope and seek it in drugs but it is not losing hope that drags us into christ no, it is rather exceeding hope that drags us into christ. i pray god gives you hope tudor so that u may accept Christ
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by Tudor6(f): 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2009
Horse i don't have to be a drug addict or a drunkard to know they are happy, numerous recovering addicts have shared their experiences and the effects of alcohol and narcotics on emotion have been well studied scientifically.

Contrary to what you may believe people seek solace in religion to get a false sense of hope and security. There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that believers in christ live a happier life than unbelievers, i sure wonder what gives you that impression.
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by horse703: 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2009
tudor u say seek solace in religion, u seem to be running away from the fact that we are talking about christianity not any other religion and besides tudor to get this your so called "false sense of hope" in just goin to church, dancing, praying and getting answers to these prayers and not killing yourself in the process as u wuld do if u were taking drugs and alcohol, dont u think at least it is better?. or u do not believe that it has been scientifically proven that drugs and alcohol kills and please tell me which discovery says that christianity kills.
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by Tudor6(f): 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2009
I said "religion" in a general sense meaning christianity, islam and others. Its not only christianity that people flock to for solace, other religions exist you know. . . .

I'm not saying the false sense of hope given by christianity kills rather i'm just trying to point out the FALSE in "false hope" - you might be getting joy from the crap fed to you by religion but dying deceived is a very pitiful state to sign out.
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by horse703: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2009
tudor u strike me as someone who believes in something and that thing is just not christianity

Tudór (m)
Seychelles

Re: Speaking In Tongues?
« #22 on: July 04, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Then why are you chastising me for saying what i believe?. . .Cut the damn HYPOCRISY!!
Report to moderator Logged
The Fool Says in His Heart : There is God. . .
Re: Atheists - In God We Trust by Tudor6(f): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2009
horse703:

tudor u strike me as someone who believes in something and that thing is just not christianity

Tudór (m)
Seychelles

Re: Speaking In Tongues?
« #22 on: July 04, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Then why are you chastising me for saying what i believe?. . .Cut the damn HYPOCRISY!!
Report to moderator     Logged
The Fool Says in His Heart : There is God. . .
From that thread you copied and pasted, my belief was that speaking in tongues is people muttering gibberish.
So, i wonder whats your point?

(1) (Reply)

Holiness Is Required / Pastor Chris: Face Persecutions And Win! / Oyedepo's Source Of Inspiration!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.