Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,086 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (13381 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hi my fellow atheist brethren, In christianity, Abortion is illegal cos its considered as murder.

However, I would like to know what you guys feel about it...coming from your non-religious angle.

Do you agree with the christian views, or do you support the idea of terminating the pregnancy if you feel you don't need it, thereby promoting murder.

Please feel free to share your views...

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
Actually I think it should be legalised. There's no point keeping what u can't handle.

I watch a lot of documentaries and I have noticed that most serial killers, serial r.a.p.i.s.t.s, multiple criminal offenders and so on, come from homes where they had no fathers and their mothers were not just ready.

So u see, we would save the world and the criminals themselves so much trouble if they never came into it.

Its not just about bringing someone into this world, its also about taking care of their psychological as well as material needs.

9 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2012
Abortion should be legal but must come with counselling so that the woman understands her full options.

The irony from christians is that they will say that women should not abort babies but then when the woman has the child, these christians will not support the woman or the child but pay tithes or oferrings to the church.

Surviving abortion, only to die by starvation. Christian logic is wonderful

9 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
inurmind: Actually I think it should be legalised. There's no point keeping what u can't handle.
You replied well...however I have a few objections...

How about the dangers associated with it...should they be overlooked? I believe you know that abortion not only kills the baby but may kill the mother also.

Should the threat to the mother's health be overlooked? In cases where blades and other objects used in carrying out the act aren't properly sterilized, she's likely to contact an STD.

Also...should the inability for her to bear a child as a result of abortion be overlooked?

inurmind: I watch a lot of documentaries and I have noticed that most serial killers, serial r.a.p.i.s.t.s, multiple criminal offenders and so on, come from homes where they had no fathers and their mothers were not just ready.
I would have to disagree with you here...I've seen well pampered kids that turn out to be rouges and criminals.

For the records, steve jobbs had no parents, and yet he achieved a lot...what's your intake on that?

inurmind: So u see, we would save the world and the criminals themselves so much trouble if they never came into it.
But that doesn't mean that all criminals are product of broken homes...or am I wrong?

inurmind: Its not just about bringing someone into this world, its also about taking care of their psychological as well as material needs.
True...but if you aren't ready to become a parent, why engage in premarital and unprotected sex...knowing fully well that you're likely to conceive as a result of the act.

8 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03: Abortion should be legal but must come with counselling so that the woman understands her full options.
Options like......

Logicboy03: The irony from christians is that they will say that women should not abort babies but then when the woman has the child, these christians will not support the woman or the child but pay tithes or oferrings to the church.
If she isn't financially ready to cater for the child, why have it in the first place?

Logicboy03: Surviving abortion, only to die by starvation. Christian logic is wonderful
Its called saying no to murder...and giving the child a right to live.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2012
CrazyMan:
Options like......

-abortion
-giving up the baby for adoption
-giving the baby to her family to take care of
-keeping the child herself

CrazyMan:
If she isn't financially ready to cater for the child, why have it in the first place?

When you christians have railed against condoms and put many women in Africa through misery, you are now complaining of unwanted children?

Havent we seen pastors fathering children out of wedlock?

Rape?

CrazyMan:
Its called saying no to murder...and giving the child a right to live.

You want the child to escape abortion but when it is born, it should die by starvation? Many Nigerians rather pay tithe than feed the poor

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2012
It's the woman's body, it's her choice

2 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03: Abortion should be legal but must come with counselling so that the woman understands her full options.

The irony from christians is that they will say that women should not abort babies but then when the woman has the child, these christians will not support the woman or the child but pay tithes or oferrings to the church.

Surviving abortion, only to die by starvation. Christian logic is wonderful
I know a lady(albeit there are many of her kind), she had 5 kids for 5 different men. Very ugly children. She lives a very poor life. Living alone with her mother and the 5 bastærds...all in a one-room apartment. They are extremely religious(xtian). Those 5 ugly bæstards ALWAYS constitute a nuisance in that neighbourhood: like shîtting and pîssing all over the walk ways, barging into other neighbours' homes, eating debris with pride...and all mannerism of juvenile deliquencies. I hear that some people suggested abortion for her at a stage, to avoid the innocent bæstards from suffering, without fathers and a working mother. But she shunned them, said it is a vile abomination in her church. I laughed in anger! So, it's not a worse vilest transgression to go on frivolously sleeping around and carelessly birthing bæstards, who can't even go to school! And to cap it up, an abortion could have been the viable saving grace, if only she had unveiled the irrational lid of her religious ignorance. If I were God, I would rather advise her to abort those shabby bæstards, than allowing them to live and yet I couldn't deliver them from the shambles of impecuniousity and cruelest disgusting life. Religion is really spoiling things big time!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
wiegraf: It's the woman's body, it's her choice
just my thouht...caveat emptor...'let the fücker beware'...'fûckers at owner's risk'...

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: I know a lady(albeit there are many of her kind), she had 5 kids for 5 different men. Very ugly children. She lives a very poor life. Living alone with her mother and the 5 bastærds...all in a one-room apartment. They are extremely religious(xtian). Those 5 ugly bæstards ALWAYS constitute a nuisance in that neighbourhood: like shîtting and pîssing all over the walk ways, barging into other neighbours' homes, eating debris with pride...and all mannerism of juvenile deliquencies. I hear that some people suggested abortion for her at a stage, to avoid the innocent bæstards from suffering, without fathers and a working mother. But she shunned them, said it is a vile abomination in her church. I laughed in anger! So, it's not a worse vilest transgression to go on frivolously sleeping around and carelessly birthing bæstards, who can't even go to school! And to cap it up, an abortion could have been the viable saving grace, if only she had unveiled the irrational lid of her religious ignorance. If I were God, I would rather advise her to abort those shabby bæstards, than allowing them to live and yet I couldn't deliver them from the shambles of impecuniousity and cruelest disgusting life. Religion is really spoiling things big time!
cheesy
I'm not even sure if this is true, but this is one of the main reasons I keep coming back to NL
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: just my thouht...caveat emptor...'let the fücker beware'...'fûckers at owner's risk'...

Dohohohohoho

Brofist
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: I know a lady(albeit there are many of her kind), she had 5 kids for 5 different men. Very ugly children. She lives a very poor life. Living alone with her mother and the 5 bastærds...all in a one-room apartment. They are extremely religious(xtian). Those 5 ugly bæstards ALWAYS constitute a nuisance in that neighbourhood: like shîtting and pîssing all over the walk ways, barging into other neighbours' homes, eating debris with pride...and all mannerism of juvenile deliquencies. I hear that some people suggested abortion for her at a stage, to avoid the innocent bæstards from suffering, without fathers and a working mother. But she shunned them, said it is a vile abomination in her church. I laughed in anger! So, it's not a worse vilest transgression to go on frivolously sleeping around and carelessly birthing bæstards, who can't even go to school! And to cap it up, an abortion could have been the viable saving grace, if only she had unveiled the irrational lid of her religious ignorance. If I were God, I would rather advise her to abort those shabby bæstards, than allowing them to live and yet I couldn't deliver them from the shambles of impecuniousity and cruelest disgusting life. Religion is really spoiling things big time!

Lol.....the moral of the day is that there are clear cut reasons for abortion. There are times that abortion is necessary or at least the best option
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
wiegraf:
cheesy
I'm not even sure if this is true, but this is one of the main reasons I keep coming back to NL
if you reside in Africa and Nigeria especially, you'd hardly find it unbelievable. It's true. I still saw that lady today precisely.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: if you reside in Africa and Nigeria especially, you'd hardly find it unbelievable. It's true. I still saw that lady today precisely.

Never mind me, I've seen similar actually. But usually they are not as stoopid. They tend to be religious, no doubt, but they'd have the numbers of the little b*stards probable papas and some other alhaji's as well. Plus maybe some land somewhere (women like land), or some shop. So the ones with that many b*stards aren't that poor, but that's just my experience.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2012
Can the OP handle the rebuttal of the traditional christian stance on abortion?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:
There are times that abortion is necessary or at least the best option
seconded. Consider a girl who discovers she's pregnant, and in the bid to extirpate the damn bæstard, uses several corrosive drugs and yet the bæstard says NO SHAKING! My medical knowledge tells me those drugs could have(even sometimes vastly) affected the foetûs, leading to varying physiological and psychological deficiencies, at the bæstard's eventual birth. In this case, a surgical abortion would be the best option, lest you birth a dûnce like Gej...lol!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03: Can the OP handle the rebuttal of the tradition christian stance on abortion?
lmao! He should be dæmn prepared! They might stride in anytime...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03: -abortion
Murder...denying an unborn child the right to live simply because you feel you're not ready to play the role of a parent is wrong.

Logicboy03: -giving up the baby for adoption
Fair enough...at least the child his be given the right to live.

Logicboy03: -giving the baby to her family to take care of
Good!

Logicboy03: -keeping the child herself
Excellent!

Logicboy03: When you christians have railed against condoms and put many women in Africa through misery, you are now complaining of unwanted children?
We don't need to rally against condoms because premarital sex is a sin.

Looking from a non-religious perspective, it (premarital sex) can result in low self esteem, loss of respect for people, feeling guilty, stds, having no self control...etc.

So if the risks are this much, why should anyone venture into it?

Logicboy03: Havent we seen pastors fathering children out of wedlock?
Christ said it in the scriptures....

Matthew 7:21.  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  

Logicboy03: Rape?
I don't support raape...its is very bad...and if perventure the victim is caught, he must face the wrath of the law.

Logicboy03: You want the child to escape abortion but when it is born, it should die by starvation?
If an individual engages in abortion simply because she feels she isn't ready for any responsibilities, then that girl should be tagged as an infidel.

I've seen cases where a girl would get pregnant, claim she isn't ready, go for an abortion and continue her life...in less than a month, she takes in again, and again and again.

Some ladies have up 5 abortions in less than 3 years...isn't it pure foolishness?

I mean you know fully well that you're not ready, and yet you keep getting pregnant and aborting it...that's madness if you ask me.

Logicboy03: Many Nigerians rather pay tithe than feed the poor
Point of correction...ignorant Nigerians...I don't pay tithes.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
I'm busy and so I am not going to reply many of Crazyman's failed arguments.

The logic is simple. How can one say that a woman should not abort the child but then leave the child to later die of starvation because the woman cant support the child?

Crazyman cant argue against this and so he claims tha th woman should not get pregnant in the first place with premarital sex.

Here are the problems with Crazyman's argument;

1) Abstinence does not work. I'm betting that most men will not marry virgins. Pre-marital sex happens and it is unstoppable. In America, it is the bible belt states that have the highest preaching of abstinence but the highest rates of teenage sex and pregnancy.

2) What about condoms and contraceptives that could have prevented the pregnancy in the first place? When you foolish christians have cause serious misery to many African women by railing against condoms, you have the nerve to complain about pregnancy?

3) What makes you think that the woman must have engaged in premarital sex? What if her husband died and she is depressed? How is a depressed and poor woman going to raise a child alone? Did you think of that
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: I know a lady(albeit there are many of her kind), she had 5 kids for 5 different men. Very ugly children. She lives a very poor life. Living alone with her mother and the 5 bastærds...all in a one-room apartment.

They are extremely religious(xtian). Those 5 ugly bæstards ALWAYS constitute a nuisance in that neighbourhood: like shîtting and pîssing all over the walk ways, barging into other neighbours' homes, eating debris with pride...and all mannerism of juvenile deliquencies.

I hear that some people suggested abortion for her at a stage, to avoid the innocent bæstards from suffering, without fathers and a working mother. But she shunned them, said it is a vile abomination in her church. I

laughed in anger! So, it's not a worse vilest transgression to go on frivolously sleeping around and carelessly birthing bæstards, who can't even go to school! And to cap it up, an abortion could have been the viable saving grace, if only she had unveiled the irrational lid of her religious ignorance.

If I were God, I would rather advise her to abort those shabby bæstards, than allowing them to live and yet I couldn't deliver them from the shambles of impecuniousity and cruelest disgusting life. Religion is really spoiling things big time!
You will not kill me with laughter. cheesy
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03: I'm busy and so I am not going to reply many of Crazyman's failed arguments.

The logic is simple. How can one say that a woman should not abort the child but then leave the child to later die of starvation because the woman cant support the child?

Crazyman cant argue against this and so he claims tha th woman should not get pregnant in the first place with premarital sex.

1) Abstinence does not work. I'm betting that most men will not marry virgins. Pre-marital sex happens and it is unstoppable. In America, it is the bible belt states that have the highest preaching of abstinence but the highest rates of teenage sex and pregnancy.

2) What about condoms and contraceptives that could have prevented the pregnancy in the first place? When you foolish christians have cause serious misery to many African women by railing against condoms, you have the nerve to complain about pregnancy?

3) What makes you think that the woman must have engaged in premarital sex? What if her husband died and she is depressed? How is a depressed and poor woman going to raise a child alone? Did you think of that

you said it all. Whether premarital sex is a sin or not, for the religious, the fact remains that unmarried xtians(esp) often fall into the temptation and sometimes by indulgence, knowing fully well that their yeye god will forgive them afterall. I stand on Logicboy's logic that, in situations where the pregnancy can't be prevented, which is the worse: birth a bæstard that will die of poverty, or live an abject miserable life, or even a potential/bonafide criminal; compared to extirpating the damn bæstard before it gets a chance to live? For me, I prefer the later. Because it's ordinarily sensible.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 10:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
CrazyMan:
Murder...denying an unborn child the right to live simply because you feel you're not ready to play the role of a parent is wrong.
funny people. You talk of murder and you complement it with the oxymøron 'Unborn Child'...I think it's only a MØRON that will use such oxyMØRON.
A life that is not conscious of itself has no life; has no reason to be called a life, and has no reason not to be extirpated, if the need arises.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lord Babs: you said it all. Whether premarital sex is a sin or not, for the religious, the fact remains that unmarried xtians(esp) often fall into the temptation and sometimes by indulgence, knowing fully well that their yeye god will forgive them afterall. I stand on Logicboy's logic that, in situations where the pregnancy can't be prevented, which is the worse: birth a bæstard that will die of poverty, or live an abject miserable life, or even a potential/bonafide criminal; compared to extirpating the damn bæstard before it gets a chance to live? For me, I prefer the later. Because it's ordinarily sensible.

It's the hypocrisyand wickedness of some christians on this issue that pains me the most. How can you claim to have love in your religion and expect a depressed and unstable single woman to raise a child?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
Logicboy03:

It's the hypocrisyand wickedness of some christians on this issue that pains me the most. How can you claim to have love in your religion and expect a depressed and unstable single woman to raise a child?
Lmao! The same love they say their yeye god has for mankind, for creating evil and consequently instructing man to eschew that same evil or be damned! Dat one no be agape love o, na wayowayo love! Hahahahahahahaha...

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2012

Logicboy03:
a child?
a bæstard is better!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 5:57am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03: I'm busy and so I am not going to reply many of Crazyman's failed arguments.

Well you've made much sense...coming from a non-religious angle.

Lord Babs: you said it all. Whether premarital sex is a sin or not, for the religious, the fact remains that unmarried xtians(esp) often fall into the temptation and sometimes by indulgence, knowing fully well that their yeye god will forgive them afterall. I stand on Logicboy's logic that, in situations where the pregnancy can't be prevented, which is the worse: birth a bæstard that will die of poverty, or live an abject miserable life, or even a potential/bonafide criminal; compared to extirpating the damn bæstard before it gets a chance to live? For me, I prefer the later. Because it's ordinarily sensible.
I see....
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 04, 2012
A bit off-topic

3 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2012
Muskeeto you again....

Anyway what are you views...do you support Logic boy, lord babs and co...or do you feel otherwise?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan: Muskeeto you again....

Anyway what are you views...do you support Logic boy, lord babs and co...or do you feel otherwise?
Lol..

wiegraf: It's the woman's body, it's her choice
That's my view...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2012
Well...most of them made much sense...I took my time reading through their posts...

My only problem is that if you feel you're not ready for any responsibilities, why engage in unprotected sex, knowing fully well that you're going to abort the pregnancy when it eventually comes....

The use of condoms which Logic boy stressed on... condoms are used by both christians and non christians...I'm fully aware on that.

Campaigning against condoms is something I find very difficult to believe...cos most married christian couples make use of it...so why campaign against something that's hidden in your closet...that would be hypocrisy.

So I think I would subscribe to the use of condoms and other contraceptives...abortion is still out of the question...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:18am On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan: Well...most of them made much sense...I took my time reading through their posts...

My only problem is that if you feel you're not ready for any responsibilities, why engage in unprotected sex, knowing fully well that you're going to abort the pregnancy when it eventually comes....

The use of condoms which Logic boy stressed on... condoms are used by both christians and non christians...I'm fully aware on that.

Campaigning against condoms is something I find very difficult to believe...cos most married christian couples make use of it...so why campaign against something that's hidden in your closet...that would be hypocrisy.

So I think I would subscribe to the use of condoms and other contraceptives...abortion is still out of the question...
I remember a day at a supermarket, went to buy a pack of cøndom. If you see the kind bad eye wey the other customers present take look me, such that if it was my first time to buy cøndom, i would instantly drop it in the bin. Bottomline is that the hypocritic xtians(esp) find cøndoms explicit and immoral, yet use it secretly. What nonsense!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: I remember a day at a supermarket, went to buy a pack of cøndom. If you see the kind bad eye wey the other customers present take look me, such that if it was my first time to buy cøndom, i would instantly drop it in the bin. Bottomline is that the hypocritic xtians(esp) find cøndoms explicit and immoral, yet use it secretly. What nonsense!
True...most people feel ashamed to carry out certain acts (e.g requesting for condoms publicly) not because they feel its bad, but they're scared of what people would say.

Truth is premarital sex always have bad consequences...however if you must engage it in, then use a condom.

So coming from your non-religious view, I feel its much better to avoid conception (usage of condoms etc) than being nonchalant about the whole issue, and trying to terminate it (abortion) when it eventually occurs.

Do you agree?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists / Difference Between Sex And Romance And Is Romance A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.