Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (24040 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls Against US Dollar / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by amanikondo: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
9jvirgin:
.....and my school fees at Roosevelt University, Illinois is $18000 angry. what do I do now
Go to your bank and pay @ $197.
There are many folks in Nigeria that pay their mortgages $197 or the official rate.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by just2endowed: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
angry got alert on stamp duty chargers.Technically, the naira is still trading at 198 naira

Technically, Boko Haram have been defeated

Technically, Buhari is fighting corruption even though he is playing the ostrich over Amaechi

Technically, Nigerians are criminals apart from St Buhari and Hajiya Aisha and their disciple ministers

Technically, Aisha is not the first lady even though she attends international conferences organised for and by first ladies while being ferried in presidential jet

Technically, Osinbanjo is vp even though a mere commissioner

Technically, Buhari's only certificate is still with the army.

Technically, Budget scam is the handwork of koworpt civil servants

Technically, Jonathan bought arms but they only. kill oyibo and not bokos with juju

Technically, liar mohammed remains a lying bastard until proven otherwise.

Technically, Zahra is a virgin.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by emmygzy(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
Adminisher:

Technically, the PDP ruined Nigeria and they will all soon be technically rounded up and technically jailed.
Anoda APC zombie spotted, hypocrisy is when APC says PDP has destroyed Nigeria and About 14 current governors out of the 23 that they have are former PDP members. THAT means that they we're the one that ruined Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by tunde4top(m): 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
This increase in naira to dollar is really a demon tormenting my professional carrear. I a unable to move forward. As a 2015 batch a corps member living only on the 19.8k, but still managed to save up to 83k for ccna certification and now still can't write the exam due to dollar scarcity.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by amanikondo: 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
kay29000:
And yet, when I want to collect my Google Adsense earnings, GT Bank still coverts my dollar at the rate of 197...this news doesn't mean ish to me.
I can help you. Send it to me and I will re-route it to your Naija account at $305.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by bigfather(m): 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
emmygzy:
Anoda APC zombie spotted, hypocrisy is when APC says PDP has destroyed Nigeria and About 14 current governors out of the 23 that they have are former PDP members. THAT means that they we're the one that ruined Nigeria.

Those Governors are now Saints o ! grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by HirstMOG(m): 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
With the way things are going by mid-2016, $1 will be equal 1k ($1=#1,000). I guess this is what PMB meant when he said $1 will be equal #1(#1k). Illiteracy is a bastard.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Joeace3000(m): 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
tunde4top:
This increase in naira to dollar is really a demon tormenting my carrear. I am unable to move forward. As a 2015 batch a corps member leaving only on the 19.8k, and still managed to save up to 83k for ccna certification cant still write the exam due to dollar scarcity.

maybe invest in an alternative income source that'll provide enough funds for more than even getting your certification
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by ibedun: 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
tunde4top:
This increase in naira to dollar is really a demon tormenting my carrear. I am unable to move forward. As a 2015 batch a corps member leaving only on the 19.8k, and still managed to save up to 83k for ccna certification cant still write the exam due to dollar scarcity.

Jesus of Nazareth!!! You are a graduate Writing like this? Bro you are not employable. Sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Ugosample(m): 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Diversification of the economy and encouragement of local production is the solution. Devaluation is an import economy causes inflation and this only affect the poor not rich. Diversification to multi economy would have make our economy stable even when the price of crude oil falls. But don't worry all hope isn't lost yet as we will learn from our mistakes as time goes. Though we fall 7 times ,we will rise up again and become stronger. Great nations of the world today passed through similar scenario that now people troop in and out

Oga. I'm an economist myself, so I know all these.

BUT!

Nigeria must pay for its sins. That's the only way to learn.

This two tiered currency regime is not sustainable at all.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by ajebuter(f): 9:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
elbinmanny:
Where are the zombies? cry cry cry

Excellent description of zombies.

Muy bien!

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
diegwu01:
DUMB!
Zombie Confirmed!

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by ajebuter(f): 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
Adminisher:

Technically, the PDP ruined Nigeria and they will all soon be technically rounded up and technically jailed.

Technically, APC is filled to the brim with saints and angels.

Technically they can enjoy their stolen loot in peace under the protection of the ' arch saint'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by nike4love: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
Now we are beginning to know that one naira will soon become equal to one cotonou cefer .
CHAIN in deed.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Jollymich(m): 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
APC you are now talking from the other side of your mouth why not come out and condem some bad policies just be a man about that they will not cut your breath

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
We were warned but we didn’t listen. It's obvious that our problem here in Nigeria is no other than illiteracy. That’s the reason why they tremble on our gullible and weak minds and make us believe anything both political, and otherwise.

Literacy doesn’t really mean passing through the fore walls of a university but the ability to acquire knowledge for rational thinking.

GEJ knew this and that’s the main reason he laid more emphasis on education. Only education can set us free from these modern day mind slavery where some lunatics will just gang up and make people believe that they can build a mountain from a mole hill.

Enjoy your change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by chinedulivingstone(m): 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
9jvirgin:
.....and my school fees at Roosevelt University, Illinois is $18000 angry. what do I do now
COME HOME grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by continentalceo(m): 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
9jvirgin:

Come write post UME for Unilag

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by 14(m): 10:31pm On Feb 12, 2016
very soon nigeria will fail to buy petrolium products due to dollar shortage. if oil price does not pick up in 2016, 2017 will be brussing for nigeria. the country will run out of money completely. ask Venezuela, nigeria is heading that direction. Its just so unfortunate, the Naira will become useless like a zimbabwe dollar. Nigeria economy will become an internal Naira based economy. where foreign currencies wont be traded on the forex. Currently the economy is at standstill, no foreign investors who are throwing money in, CBN is throttling the economy to its knees. People are just hoping oil price will pick upin tue next 6 months, if it does not, poverty will set in. watch the space
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by fineyemi(m): 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
waterhouse071:
The way our economy is going down under APC, we'll soon rediscover PDP.
silly talk undecided
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by JustNess: 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thank u very much, that's it. No one gave gej benefit of doubt, everyone was busy criticising him.
Now no one wants pmb to be criticised. They still blame him for pmb's ineffectualty, they said he(gej) looted the country dry; Dasuki was PDP's ATM; that the worst corruption ever in Nigeria was in gej's time. Forgetting that Obj budgeted 16b dollars in NEPA, but cannot account for it. Abacha(whom pmb was a stakeholder in his regime) looted Nigeria dry and for over 15yrs after his dead his loots are still being recover by every government in power, including pmb. Tell me who are the greatest looters? Everyone has skeleton in his cupboard even YOu!! We voted pmb to correct these ills rather they choose to blame gej. IBB never blame pmb, Abacha never blame Ibb, Abdulsalam never blame Abacha, Obj never blame Abdulsalam, Yar'adua never blame Obj, gej never blame Yar'adua. Please pmb save Nigeria. We want to feel the impact of our CHANGE NOW! not when we are all dead.
#changenowornever#

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Chimdiebere(m): 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
**In Jehomatics voice** "Buhari, Buhari, Buhari! Your people dey suffer, e be like say them better delay so we manage the Naija and now 'Buhari, ya fada, ya kudi matana ba ka so magana(I swear walahi!) Buhari e greedy , e never dey pity, e dey chop the Naira!
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Caleycash(m): 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
toms55:

Dude you dont need all these. Rather come up with an innovative idea , and let's watch this country grow.

Fall in Oil prices is the reason for this and that is what you should be saying and not blaming those who are trying to strengthen the Naira by Not devaluating it.

That is their own idea as a solution to the problem, what is your own innovative idea? undecided
People are very ridiculous and stupiid in this country... that's why we can't protest even when the government is messing up the whole country, how on earth do you think that his ideas will be valued not to talk of trying to implement them, it seems ur an alien in this country
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ugosample:

Oga. I'm an economist myself, so I know all these.

BUT!

Nigeria must pay for its sins. That's the only way to learn.

This two tiered currency regime is not sustainable at all.
we are already paying.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by stephen2016: 12:00am On Feb 13, 2016
amanikondo:

I can help you. Send it to me and I will re-route it to your Naija account at $305.
holla me
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 13, 2016
Pidggin:
Sai Barber!

Sai barber dear, the guy kwontinus to shave zombies head

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 13, 2016
toms55:

Dude you dont need all these. Rather come up with an innovative idea , and let's watch this country grow.

Fall in Oil prices is the reason for this and that is what you should be saying and not blaming those who are trying to strengthen the Naira by Not devaluating it.

That is their own idea as a solution to the problem, what is your own innovative idea? undecided

When they were campaigning with the lies of strengthening the Naira, they did not know that the price of oil was dwindling right?
They used this same currency issue to deal GEJ a blow, now it is their turn.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 1:43am On Feb 13, 2016
kay29000:
And yet, when I want to collect my Google Adsense earnings, GT Bank still coverts my dollar at the rate of 197...this news doesn't mean ish to me.

Try running an adsense ad on the same google and see how much GT Bank will charge you when google takes their pay!
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by obailala(m): 2:08am On Feb 13, 2016
OLADD:

However, more importantly, the dwindling fortune of global oil price started in Jonathan's adminstration but the then Finance Minister was able to professionally meander through it without hurting the nation. The difference now is a case of an ill-prepared, naive, incompetent and blame-drunk govt which cannot differentiate its left from right.
(1) Between October 2014 and May 2015, the Naira fell from N166/167 to N220 to $1, meanwhile oil still sold at about $65/barrel as at May 2015.
http://abokifx.com/previous-rates-2/

(2) Between the same October 2014 and May 2015, the nation's foreign reserves dropped from ~$38.5bn to $28.7billion, that's a drop of about $10billion in 7 months, with oil still selling at about $65/barrel as at May 2015.
http://www.cenbank.org/intops/Reserve.asp

(3) Nigeria's GDP growth rate was maintained at an average of 6-7% but between October 2014 and May 2015 (2Q 2015), Nigeria's GDP growth rate dropped to its lowest since 1999 of 2.3%.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual

(4) Due to a severe cash crunch occasioned by fall in oil prices, the Nigerian government had to borrow about $2.4billion dollars early in 2015 to offset salaries. This happened at a time when oil still sold above $65/barrel.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/nigeria-borrows-to-pay-salaries-with-cash-crunch-worsening/

Now the 4 pointers above which I have raised happened right under the watch of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and she clearly warned Nigerians to brace up for worse economic situations because of the oil price. I do not know where you got your impression from that the nation wasn't hurt by oil price crash when NOI was still in charge. Obviously we all didn't notice the above because at that time, we were all engrossed in the election.

I do not need to remind you that oil now sells for less than half of what it was when NOI handed over, I believe I do not also have to inform you that even with the further collapse in oil prices, the present government through a serious struggle has been able to maintain the Forex reserve at basically the same level it met it almost 9 months ago in order not to plunge Nigeria into a full blown economic crisis. May I also add that without having to borrow or dip its hands into the near empty forex reserves, the present government has been able to pay workers salaries, bail-out state governments and pay-off arrears of fuel subsidies owed since August 2014 (under NOI). Unfortunately, while doing these things, the value of the naira has suffered but the government has been able to maintain the scarce forex reserves it met so as to be able to meet essential needs (hence the common man on the street is yet to feel the effect of this recession).

Finally if you have any understanding of economics, you will understand that this isn't an NOI vs kemi matter, there is absolutely no eceonomic voodoo Nigeria can do on the 'short term' to stop the economic crisis we are presently experiencing. Any wonderful economic ideas that can be implemented today, the positive effects can only be felt much much later. In all honesty I'm afraid the value of the naira may fall even beyond N500 to $1 except oil prices miraculously picks up.

Now Mr OLADD, I am not an economist and I'm sure you are not as well, but just a little advice, next time you want to get involved in an argument of this kind on the economy, just try and make an 'informed' argument based on facts and figures.

CC: knightsTempler

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by EreluY(f): 2:09am On Feb 13, 2016
NIGERIAN CURRENCY TOWING THE PATH OF THE ZIMBABWEAN CURRENCY. WHAT A SHAME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by MrCEO69(m): 2:25am On Feb 13, 2016
9jvirgin:

Ask ur school to give u an invoice stating ur school fees. Then scan ur admission letter, the invoice and ur bio data of ur international passport and send to ur dad or who ever is paying for ur fees. Let him/her take it to his/her bank ( the bank he/she is banking with ie domiciliary account) show them those doc and tell them u need form A to pay for ur school fees! It takes time like 1-2wks b4 the transaction is completed. But dis ur school fees plenty sha
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Yellowson(m): 3:56am On Feb 13, 2016
Please i want to buy a phone from gearbest and the phone is $180. Do i pay at this rate of 325 Naira to $1 or do i pay at the rate of 199 naira to one dollar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service / What Is The Cost Of Registering Trademarks In Nigeria? / Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.