Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (24043 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls Against US Dollar / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by msogunro: 4:56am On Feb 13, 2016
zuchyblink:
I changed #330 dollar to Naira

Where? How?

I'm being charged #299, but would love to transfer some dollars for #330.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by 14(m): 6:19am On Feb 13, 2016
asuustrike2009:

we are already paying.

You got to give it to JP Morgan, they saw it coming and packed their bags and leave, had they stayed around hoping things would be better, it was gonna be difficult to move out when the country is faced with liquidity shortage.

The CBN is just hoping oil will bounce back soon and nigeria will start earning foreign currency to boost its forex. The reason why they cant devalue, to protect the no.1 spot economy in africa and run-away inflation. At N197 to the dollar, the GDP is at $470BN, but at N325 to the dollar, the GDP is at $340BN, mind you SA's GDP is at $370bn, technically, Nigeria is no longer Africa's biggest economy, if we use the parralell market Naira value.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Donclaracuzo: 6:41am On Feb 13, 2016
toms55:

Dude you dont need all these. Rather come up with an innovative idea , and let's watch this country grow.

Fall in Oil prices is the reason for this and that is what you should be saying and not blaming those who are trying to strengthen the Naira by Not devaluating it.

That is their own idea as a solution to the problem, what is your own innovative idea? undecided

Is Nigeria the only oil producing country in Africa? Beside, there are countries that survives only with the total amount Nigeria Generated on internal revenue. So, tell ur leaders to be focus.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Chuksyno(m): 6:41am On Feb 13, 2016
Adminisher:

Technically, the PDP ruined Nigeria and they will all soon be technically rounded up and technically jailed.
And technically more than 75% of pdp that ruined Nigeria are now in apc. Thief wey don steal finish and go sidon 4 church.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by 989900: 6:54am On Feb 13, 2016
cry cry
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:58am On Feb 13, 2016
toms55:

Dude you dont need all these. Rather come up with an innovative idea , and let's watch this country grow.

Fall in Oil prices is the reason for this and that is what you should be saying and not blaming those who are trying to strengthen the Naira by Not devaluating

That is their own idea as a solution to the problem, what is your own innovative idea? undecided

I sure say nah buhari b this,,,,, geeeraaaahhher fucker, you voted for change now get used to it,
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by peacengine(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2016
Buhari is ruining our economy as he did before
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Corperadams: 7:58am On Feb 13, 2016
toms55:

Fall in Oil prices is the reason for this and that is what you should be saying and not blaming those who are trying to strengthen the Naira by Not devaluating it.

why all dis are happening now? If it was jonathan's time, same u will shout and course him... Now dat it is ur hero on board, ahhh, lets think on how we will make things right.
Ok, we hear. But to b sincere, where u expect all dis from buhari?
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by zuchyblink(m): 9:25am On Feb 13, 2016
msogunro:

Where? How?

I'm being charged #299, but would love to transfer some dollars for #330.
Amawusa,Owerri
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by jamst2(m): 9:33am On Feb 13, 2016
Huh! No wonder that all these money changers & lenders are cursed in the holy scriptures(in both quran & old testament)
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Alexander001(m): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2016
toms55:

is the oil price also affecting other African countries currency value? na question I ask before you go swallow me.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Okemmuo(m): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2016
ZombieNation:

Sell your kidney or get your virgin butthole into gay p0rn
LOL grin > grin grin....dduuuudddeee....
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2016
14:

You got to give it to JP Morgan, they saw it coming and packed their bags and leave, had they stayed around hoping things would be better, it was gonna be difficult to move out when the country is faced with liquidity shortage.

The CBN is just hoping oil will bounce back soon and nigeria will start earning foreign currency to boost its forex. The reason why they cant devalue, to protect the no.1 spot economy in africa and run-away inflation. At N197 to the dollar, the GDP is at $470BN, but at N325 to the dollar, the GDP is at $340BN, mind you SA's GDP is at $370bn, technically, Nigeria is no longer Africa's biggest economy, if we use the parralell market Naira value.
Yeah
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by rafcrown(m): 10:31am On Feb 13, 2016
SIMPLE,You just multiply $18,000 by 325.Best of Luck.
9jvirgin:
.....and my school fees at Roosevelt University, Illinois is $18000 angry. what do I do now
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by danjaD(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2016
Very soon a dollar will equal one nigerian life
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by olurotimi1: 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
But I thought they said we should expect 1 to 1. Kilodeeeeee?
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by 40manlappy: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
The way Naira is going down, it will soon hit oil... angry
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by msogunro: 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
zuchyblink:
Amawusa,Owerri

Ok. I thought you were out of the country. You must have flown in the country with dollars and went to an Aboki?
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by blackprowler: 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
toms55:

You want ideas? I have ideas. So where is the place for submission? Look, you don't know what is happening in this country. I appreciate your good spirit though. I've been there and I know this country does not want people like us looking to better it. Try harder and you will see the brick wall
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by anisalome(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
This is not good at all. when some expert talk cbn should analyse objectively and know what to. here is talkasset's predition for 2016
http://www.talkasset.com/naira-will-likely-fall-to-n400-per-1-in-2016-if/#.Vr9rmbQrLIV
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by amanikondo: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
stephen2016:
holla me

send me an email at dara360 at gmail.com. Alert me when you send it.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by stephen2016: 7:53am On Feb 14, 2016
amanikondo:

send me an email at dara360 at gmail.com. Alert me when you send it.

I have sent you an e-mail
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Joeace3000(m): 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
annonygh:

Hello,

Please how can I get the video training you have for both the graphic designs and Article write-up for Fiverr?
Kind regards.

wow...i hope i replied you before? incase i didn't its not difficult. Please visit our training page and click on buy here and you are redirected to our shop where ull see our packages and their prices which have just been revised down. Here is the link Brilliantlightsmedia Fiverr Training page
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by rotimioceans(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2016
waterhouse071:
The way our economy is going down under APC, we'll soon rediscover PDP.

Gej would ve killed the Nation if he had won. Naira would ve gone up to 550 per Dollar under him believe me. Our only saving grace right now is Pmb and his frugal policies. Look! The exchange rate market responds to supply and demand forces,. .under Gej in the last two yrs oil price was averaging 65 to 75, what CBN does is that it uses this receipts to fund the official exchange rate. while corruption was funding the parrarel market via revenue leakages, i,e 2.1B dollars arms fund, Nimassa, dollar gifts, etc. On this basis the black market was adequately funded via corruption, hence the marginal difference in official and black marker rate under Gej. Of course this was corruption driven price stability that was destined to burst if oil price had crashed as it is now to under 30 dollars. If that had happened under the same corrupt price regime, i maintain that Dollar would ve risen to 450 at the official rate and 550 in the parrarel market, because Gej would ve accepted to devalue due to Govt inability to supply dollars to the official market due to revenue leakages.
Our saving grace now, with the oil crash is Pmb because he was able to block revenue leakages from the little we earn and with it the CBN funds the official rate, That dollar today is 300+ in the parallel market https://naijapricecheck.com/ today, is due to scarcity of dollars occasioned by prudent monitoring of revenue. This is the reason for the high price of dollars in the black market. Our economy under Gej was graft driven, it was only a matter of time before the bubble burst. With Pmb atleast the country is fighting off this pressure. Pmb needs our support that is all i can say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure / CBN, Western Union Launch Foreign Remittance Service / What Is The Cost Of Registering Trademarks In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.