Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (24310 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls Against US Dollar / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Joeace3000(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
Well atleast we on fiverr try to enjoy while it lasts.. Even though thinking of what others like family and friends go through takes the joy away
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by sinistermind(m): 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
It is sad that some APC e-rat will come on this platform to praise this administration for doing virtually nothing. I will ask and i wll ask again, what steps have been taken to make the naira stronger against the dollar? the central bank governor is just engage in trial and erroe policies. A sensible government ought to have replaced dis man as well as the finance minister. Aside that, this administration during their campaign promised to repair the refineries. Some months after it came into power, it was circulated in the media that the Port Harcourt refinery will start production of 5million litres of PMS daily for local consumption, and about 2 or 3 months ago, the same thing was said about the Kaduna refinery. But till date, we are yet to see the effect of the "working" refineries. Unless, an APC e-rat can come on board this platform to list all what dis administration has been able to achieve since it cam into power apart from apportioning blames and it's one-sided fight against corruption, they shouldn't come here to make noise

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Ugosample(m): 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
Devaluation is the only solution.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Rupect: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
I bought @340 aspamda trade fair
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by OLADD: 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
toms55:

how much was oil then, and how much is it now?
How much was embezzled then and how many people are under investigations now?
Countless Nigerian foresaw drop in Oil prices in past years, did Mr President adhere?

Answer my questions and I'll concur to your claim undecided

Firstly, you deliberately avoided answering the question that requires you to swear if you indeed proffered solution to the last adminstration.

However, more importantly, the dwindling fortune of global oil price started in Jonathan's adminstration but the then Finance Minister was able to professionally meander through it without hurting the nation. The difference now is a case of an ill-prepared, naive, incompetent and blame-drunk govt which cannot differentiate its left from right.

A sound and well-defined economic policy managed by an astute Finance Minister would have nipped the situation in the bud thereby preventing or mitigating these Naira free falls.

Lastly, to corroborate the above, two of the first k-legged policies adopted by Buhari at the beginning of his administration were the lifting of ban on importations of rice and textile materials. Now tell me, do those policies go in tandem with a drive toward promoting indigenous growth and positive balance of trade/foreign exchange edge? The answer is NO. Pls draw your premise from those stated facts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
What is it trading for in Benin City?

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by IVORY2009(m): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
Adminisher:

Technically, the PDP ruined Nigeria and they will all soon be technically rounded up and technically jailed.

Jailed? How can you be a judge in ur own case? Go through the courts my friend!

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by APCcrimes: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
chai! Buhari...chai! What punishment..! chai!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ugosample:
Devaluation is the only solution.
Diversification of the economy and encouragement of local production is the solution. Devaluation is an import economy causes inflation and this only affect the poor not rich. Diversification to multi economy would have make our economy stable even when the price of crude oil falls. But don't worry all hope isn't lost yet as we will learn from our mistakes as time goes. Though we fall 7 times ,we will rise up again and become stronger. Great nations of the world today passed through similar scenario that now people troop in and out

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by mya1: 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
Baroba:

If na pounds you for don dey change by now, ££ just hit 425 this morning..

Pounds is actually 450 now.
Even vendors in the UK are exchanging at the rate of 425.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by paul8852: 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
ZombieNation:
Technically, the naira is still trading at 198 naira

Technically, Boko Haram have been defeated

Technically, Buhari is fighting corruption even though he is playing the ostrich over Amaechi

Technically, Nigerians are criminals apart from St Buhari and Hajiya Aisha and their disciple ministers

Technically, Aisha is not the first lady even though she attends international conferences organised for and by first ladies while being ferried in presidential jet

Technically, Osinbanjo is vp even though a mere commissioner

Technically, Buhari's only certificate is still with the army.

Technically, Budget scam is the handwork of koworpt civil servants

Technically, Jonathan bought arms but they only kill oyibo and not bokos with juju

Technically, liar mohammed remains a lying bastard until proven otherwise.

Technically, Zahra is a virgin.

technically nigeria is in trouble

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by onyxo76(m): 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
time to step up my fiverr and other online earnings...i can imagine what having $1000 cash in my hands will translate to Dec this year...i really wish the trend will stop and naira firms up...the way i see it its going to be tough going abroad very soon to study.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by knightsTempler: 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
OLADD:

Firstly, you deliberately avoided answering the question that requires you to swear if you indeed proffered solution to the last adminstration.

However, more importantly, the dwindling fortune of global oil price started in Jonathan's adminstration but the then Finance Minister was able to professionally meander through it without hurting the nation. The difference now is a case of an ill-prepared, naive, incompetent and blame-drunk govt which cannot differentiate its left from right.

A sound and well-defined economic policy managed by an astute Finance Minister would have nipped the situation in the board by preventing or mitigating these Naira free falls.

Lastly, to corroborate the above, two of the first k-legged policies adopted by Buhari at the beginning of his administration was the lifting of ban on importations of rice and textile materials. Now tell me, do those policies go in tandem with a drive to promote indigenous growth and positive balance of trade/foreign exchange edge? The answer is NO. Pls draw your premise from those stated facts.

3 ace of spades champagne on me bro, you spoke my mind.

God bless you!

5 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
Adminisher:

Technically, the PDP ruined Nigeria and they will all soon be technically rounded up and technically jailed.
APC rats chanting JAIL like nobody's business since 1900.
Nothing else to get their skulls preoccupied!
Smh.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
Zico5:
Good, heard someone keeps millions of dollars in
septic tank same way some pension thieves kept
billions of naira in overhead thank. Meanwhile,
some will continue to read Psalm from beginning
to the end While traveling on Nigeria roads, hire
vigilante and Mopol with constant touch with
their spiritual consultant simply because people
they support on Social Media refused to do what
they are meant to do in office. I pity una no be
small.
Ngwa, back to the topic!

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
pastormellanby:
so APC is responsible for falling naira, may be u no go school, you don't know anything about economics, keep shut if you don't know I see illiteracy of the highest order. useless youths
Get a faucet for your mouth asap.
But if it was say 1 naira to 1 dollar, SAI BUBU abi?
Nonsense youth!

5 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by ZombieNation: 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
toms55:

Dude you dont need all these. Rather come up with an innovative idea , and let's watch this country grow.

Fall in Oil prices is the reason for this and that is what you should be saying and not blaming those who are trying to strengthen the Naira by Not devaluating it.

That is their own idea as a solution to the problem, what is your own innovative idea? undecided

Story

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by diegwu01: 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
sinistermind:
It is sad that some APC e-rat will come on this platform to praise this administration for doing virtually nothing. I will ask and i wll ask again, what steps have been taken to make the naira stronger against the dollar? the central bank governor is just engage in trial and erroe policies. A sensible government ought to have replaced dis man as well as the finance minister. Aside that, this administration during their campaign promised to repair the refineries. Some months after it came into power, it was circulated in the media that the Port Harcourt refinery will start production of 5million litres of PMS daily for local consumption, and about 2 or 3 months ago, the same thing was said about the Kaduna refinery. But till date, we are yet to see the effect of the "working" refineries. Unless, an APC e-rat can come on board this platform to list all what dis administration has been able to achieve since it cam into power apart from apportioning blames and it's one-sided fight against corruption, they shouldn't come here to make noise
DUMB!
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
sai baba sai scam sai ajala d traveller walahi i dey vex u just lost a fan walahi sad angry

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
toms55:

how much was oil then, and how much is it now?
How much was embezzled then and how many people are under investigations now?
Countless Nigerian foresaw drop in Oil prices in past years, did Mr President adhere?

Answer my questions and I'll concur to your claim undecided
Oga, "embezzlement" doesn't affect exchange rate of a currency.
When illiteracy speaks volume!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Obienesarah: 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
Adminisher:

And technically u guys are arguing from where your voices can never never be heard.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Affable200(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
Buhari, where is ur promise, I thought u said u will equal naira with dollar. So all this ur travelling from this state to another since u became the president is in vain. What is happening to our economy.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by OLADD: 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
knightsTempler:

3 ace of spades champagne on me bro, you spoke my mind.

God bless you!

God bless you too bro.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
diegwu01:
DUMB!
Laconic, terse but senseless comment.
Read his comment and learn.
Undergraduates of these days shaa.
I wonder what secondary school you went to.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Rupect: 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
My side we buy @ 340 and sell @342 aspamda trade fair
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Temptee101(m): 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
Zico5:
Good, heard someone keeps millions of dollars in
septic tank same way some pension thieves kept
billions of naira in overhead thank. Meanwhile,
some will continue to read Psalm from beginning
to the end While traveling on Nigeria roads, hire
vigilante and Mopol with constant touch with
their spiritual consultant simply because people
they support on Social Media refused to do what
they are meant to do in office. I pity una no be
small.
You have taken overdose of your drugs again

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
Temptee101:
grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by toprealman: 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
9jvirgin:
.....and my school fees at Roosevelt University, Illinois is $18000 angry. what do I do now
ABSU still recruiting.
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Ayodee2(m): 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is not the time to apportion blames but to rally in support of d government.

The situation at hands now is grievous and a matter of Demand and Supply. Where demand is higher than supply, the price is bound to go up.

As long as we do not print foreign currencies and our only source of foreign exchange is dwindling, d price of the dollar will continue to rise.

So what is the way out?

1) Leave the market forces to determine d real value. (Which we might regret in a short while giving Nigerians penchant for rounds tripping)

2) Adopt a control policy and fixed the rate at a reasonable value. (which might stifle investments)

ALTERNATIVELY

Block all importation of consumables except capital goods. By this, only goods needed for production purposes are allowed to be imported into the country. others such as drinks, luxury goods, consumables, food items( produce able in the country) are restricted.

EFFECTS :
1) suffer for a long period of time and later break-even.
2) we will be forced to look inward and locally produced what we need which will result in jobs creation and capital growth.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
How I wish I didn't sold the $200 I had last month...f***k...I st.upidly sold it at N260/$ embarassed
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Tabbaz(m): 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
9jvirgin:
.....and my school fees at Roosevelt University, Illinois is $18000 angry. what do I do now
Use Telegraphic transfer from your bank.. . It's central bank rate plus some charges
Re: Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch by Zico5(m): 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
Temptee101:
U need help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service / Best Ways To Make Money Off Valentine In 2020 / How Profitable Is Rental Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.