Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,125 members, 7,838,860 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

We Think Enugu State Lawmakers Are Full Of Shit, And Here’s Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Think Enugu State Lawmakers Are Full Of Shit, And Here’s Why (381 Views)

Salaries: Lawmakers Are Unarmed Robbers – Obasanjo / Rabiu Kwankwaso Dumps APC For PDP With 10 Kano State Lawmakers / Breaking: Kwakwanso, 10 Kano State Lawmakers Dump APC For PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Think Enugu State Lawmakers Are Full Of Shit, And Here’s Why by noblepassmercy: 9:28am On Feb 13, 2016
While the United Arab Emirates was electing its youngest minister, a 22-year old woman, something else was going down in Enugu State.

The chairperson of the state House Committee on Gender Affairs, Hon. Nkechi Omeje-Ogbu, a female member representing Nsukka West Constituency, sponsored a bill.

It was a bill to give equal rights to men and women in the state, so women don’t get discriminated on account of gender and maternity issues, amongst other things.

It was thrown out in the second reading.

The reason? It was un-african.

In 2016? They must be high on some cheap stuff.

It gets worse though. One Hon. Sunny Ude-Okoye. Somebody’s father. This is what he said, “I have risen to declare my stand, I have risen to take my stand that this is a colossal waste.”

Continue reading here http://trendope.com/2016/02/we-think-enugu-state-lawmakers-are-full-of-shit-and-heres-why/

(1) (Reply)

We Don’t Have Funds To Recruit For The Nigeria Police Force Right Now — Arase / Apc And The Politics Of Demagoguery In Nigeria. / Nigeria Almost A Pariah State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.