Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood (1549 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Blasts Deji Adeyanju: You Are A Product Of Pomp & Pageantry / Edo 2016: Tension In Edo As Oshiomhole Picks Guber Candidate / Appeal Court Declares Pdp Winner As Oshiomhole Looses His Constituency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2016
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, may have taken the bull by the horn following his apparent determination to combat the age-long flood ravaging a number of communities in metropolitan Benin-City, the capital. Using his government’s Storm Water initiative to tackle the perennial flooding from the Okhoro River, Oshiomhole, at a recent inspection of the project site, described the on-going drainage facility as rock solid to resist flooding of whatever magnitude. According to him, “the width of the drainage is about 26ft wide and about 8ft high. What this means is that no matter the quantity of water that passes through this area, the inhabitants need not fear anymore. The water will pass through the drainage to the river. As we are in the dry season now, we want to quickly rush and do some work on this drainage. As there was no drainage before now, the flood coming from Okhoro through this area wasn’t properly channelled and it led to the destruction of houses, most persons fled, abandoning their houses and some even died. That is why we decided to do the work and the last time we did it up to the bridge and everybody said we had to continue with the job. With the rains then, we couldn’t continue and I did say we will continue once the dry season comes and you can see how the drainage is now. We need to do this drainage to de-flood the city so that during the next rainy season, people in this area don’t have to be afraid. The only favour I demand of you as community leaders is to police the place and ensure people don’t dump waste into it so it doesn’t get blocked.” Decrying activities of the opposition and citing other efforts of government towards infrastructural development of the state, some of the residents of Ikpoba Okha local government area showered praises on the Governor arguing that the Storm Water project will solve the flooding problem permanently. A resident Ewah street in the area, Mr. Godwin Tom Osunde, told Oshiomhole that, “I am a common man and I am over 65 years now but I have never seen a governor like you. Look at the 2nd East Circular Road, since I was born, nobody, no government has ever remembered the 2nd East Circular. Those people talking are noise makers; they share money for people to do evil but you have stood steadfast to help the masses. The sky will be your limit and you will live to inherit your inheritance, and please, bring somebody that will continue with your work by the time you are leaving.” Another resident, Mr. Bello Ogbemudia, said that, “you are the best Governor we have ever had. We see what you have done and we appreciate, sir. This area had almost turned to a moat but today, it is a different story altogether. We pray that whoever you bring out after your tenure will do even better than you have done and we will give him our maximum support.” In the Upper Lawani area of the state, a resident of the area, Mrs. Janet Agbonze, who said she had suffered the impact of flooding for over 20 years said that, “water entered my house in April last year and I had no one to help me. Then I heard you were coming to repair this road and thank God, today, you have remembered us in this area. You have done so much for us, and as you have remembered us, so will God remember you.” Responding to the show of gratitude from the people, Oshiomhole said that in spite of what he described as unwarranted attacks from the opposition, he was determined to continue to execute meaningful projects for the benefit of the generality of the people. As he put it, “by God’s grace, we will continue to work and when I see you gathered like this, singing and rejoicing, I am happy. When women pray for you from their hearts, it works effectively. The only thing I want to plead with you is this. This drainage costs us lot of money and you can see the quality of the work. You shouldn’t allow anyone to throw dirt inside it because if they block it, rain will enter people’s houses but when it is kept clean and dirt-free, it will be for your benefit. From now till my last day in office, this government will continue to work for the people.
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/pomp-as-oshiomhole-tackles-edo-flood/
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2016
MY USE LESS GOVERNOR cry

2 Likes

Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 10:42am On Feb 13, 2016
Lolll. i know some persons wont like this news. Sorry for spoiling your today with good news from Edo state and from the People's Governor Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole.
God Bless You Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole and we the good people of Edo State prays your successor Dr Godwin Obaseki not only match but also surpass your monumental achievements.

Lalasticlala i sight you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
MY USE LESS GOVERNOR cry
Take heart bro because good news from Edo state would continue to hit you.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:45am On Feb 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT EDO STATE?

1 Like

Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:47am On Feb 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
Lolll. i know some persons wont like this news. Sorry for spoiling your today with good news from Edo state and from the People's Governor Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole.
God Bless You Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole and we the good people of Edo State prays your successor Dr Godwin Obaseki not only match but also surpass your monumental achievements.

I DOUBT IF YOU FROM EDO STATE??

1 Like

Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by ayemerbarth: 10:48am On Feb 13, 2016
Yes. My Governor is a performer.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

I DOUBT IF YOU FROM EDO STATE??
Ok.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2016
ayemerbarth:
Yes. My Governor is a performer.
sing it loud jare.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 10:55am On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

Take heart. I know your prayers if you have any would one day be answered by God.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by Siberia101: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

God bless Osho....
But your username I so hate that name self
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 11:11am On Feb 13, 2016
Siberia101:

God bless Osho....
But your username I so hate that name self
Lolll. what is it with my moniker that pissess you off?

modified. i just viewed your dp and now i know why my moniker fear you. sorry bro and fear not for i am an intelligent king and not an unintelligent one.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by Flexherbal(m): 11:14am On Feb 13, 2016
He is trying, but we need more.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by NextGovernor(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2016
Oshiomole usual way. Paying media to promote what's not on ground. If you live in Edo you must have known what happened during raining season last year when the whole benin turned to river after he claimed he has spent 21billion. Even boundary and Ihama road where the legislative house is location in GRA weren't spared of flood. As it is now, we have tested PDP and APC and I can boldly say PDP are the lesser evils compare to APC led govt especially there deceitful ways in Edo. Oshiomole disappointed people and the trust we had.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
NextGovernor:
Oshiomole usual way. Paying media to promote what's not on ground. If you live in Edo you must have known what happened during raining season last year when the whole benin turned to river after he claimed he has spent 21billion. Even boundary and Ihama road where the legislative house is location in GRA weren't spared of flood. As it is now, we have tested PDP and APC and I can boldly say PDP are the lesser evils compare to APC led govt especially there deceitful ways in Edo. Oshiomole disappointed people and the trust we had.
yeah. you mean he paid vanguard to write this story or the works mentioned in the story doesnt exist? if your answer is negative then get ready on monday let me take you for a tour to this projects, lets see who is lieing and who is blaming oshiomole for his parents inhability to train him.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by NextGovernor(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

yeah. you mean he paid vanguard to write this story or the works mentioned in the story doesnt exist? if your answer is negative then get ready on monday let me take you for a tour to this projects, lets see who is lieing and who is blaming oshiomole for his parents inhability to train him.

I won't join issues with you man. For ur information, I am a graduate, never worked for anybody all my life. I owned my own company a year after i finished University that has grown to millions of naira. So you don't just insult anybody you see online. I don't know who you are, you might be richer or vis visa, but you aren't feeding me or any of my family. #PEACE
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
NextGovernor:

I won't join issues with you man. For ur information, I am a graduate, never worked for anybody all my life. I owned my own company a year after i finished University that has grown to millions of naira. So you don't just insult anybody you see online. I don't know who you are, you might be richer or vis visa, but you aren't feeding me or any of my family. #PEACE
lolzzz. a graduate who doesnt knw when he is been insulted or not?
bros please accept my request for a tour lets see who is lieing here. except you want to tell me oshiomole also paid itv because this same news was shown on itv 7.30pm news on tuesday.
and you said you have you own company? please whats the name and where in benin is it located bcus mine is also located in benin.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by koboko69: 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

Mr. I am from Edo state...and PDP's rule can never be i repeat Never be compared with APC's rule there.

May be by now BobyIzua would have been in the state house or something. Rubbish
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
koboko69:

Mr. I am from Edo state...and PDP's rule can never be i repeat Never be compared with APC's rule there.

May be by now BobyIzua would have been in the state house or something. Rubbish
Dont mind him bro. let him continue pouring his frustration on oshiomole.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by NextGovernor(m): 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
NextGovernor:

My company is located in PH. Go check my page on FB facebook.com/raskilogas for more info dude.
lolll. so you even reside in p.h and u re here telling those who re on ground in edo state whats happening and whats not happening? you might be from edo state bro, but you know nothing about the state. what position is simon imuekhemen holding in edo state?
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by NextGovernor(m): 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

lolll. so you even reside in p.h and u re here telling those who re on ground in edo state whats happening and whats not happening? you might be from edo state bro, but you know nothing about the state. what position is simon imuekhemen holding in edo state?

I only know the Simon Imuekhemen that stole funds belonging to the State Universal Basic Education. I am in Edo mostly every weekend and I can tell you every about the State dude. Oshiomole was not on ground before he won and became governor.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
NextGovernor:

I only know the Simon Imuekhemen that stole funds belonging to the State Universal Basic Education. I am in Edo mostly every weekend and I can tell you every about the State dude. Oshiomole was not on ground before he won and became governor.
lolll. bros simon imuekhemen was never accused of stealing funds. he is in court for diversion of funds. e.g he used funds budgeted for desk in school to constructing fence in same sch.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by WATCHOVER(m): 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
Op the rain haven't started yet you're busy writing trash. When rain fall properties are been swept away in Edo.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by Borderless: 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

lolll. bros simon imuekhemen was never accused of stealing funds. he is in court for diversion of funds. e.g he used funds budgeted for desk in school to constructing fence in same sch.

You should be ashamed of yourself for putting up this silly and childish defence. You disgust.
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by erunz(m): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
my Guvunur and his party will be removed from Edo state courtesy our pvc this year
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by ogba20: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

all ur plans will not work you are not from Edo I know you see this elite man take time oooooo
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
ogba20:
all ur plans will not work you are not from Edo I know you see this elite man take time oooooo
Yawn!
Re: Pomp As Oshiomhole Tackles Edo Flood by KINGinVAHALA: 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
Borderless:

You should be ashamed of yourself for putting up this silly and childish defence. You disgust.
can someone please tell me what this escaped USELU PSYCHIATRIC PATIENT is saying?

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Still Saying ‘sai Buhari?’ / See What OKON Has To Say About Buhari's Trip To China / BREAKING NEWS: Nigerian Senate Passes NDDC Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.