Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt (960 Views)

Any Attempt To Impeach Buhari Will Be Resisted As It Was Done In Turkey–APC Govs / Rivers Rerun;"Be Ready To Swap Dead Bodies"-Wike Tells "Prospective Riggers.PICS / Arrest Me If My Convoy Break Traffic Rules – Amosun Tells New TRACE Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by kcmichael: 11:27am On Feb 13, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that his administration will support the conduct of free and fair legislative rerun elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in the state.
The governor, however, stated that that the people of the state will resist any attempt to rig the forthcoming rerun elections with the aim of subverting the will of the people.
Governor Wike spoke on Friday at the Government House, Port Harcourt when he granted audience to the new Resident Electoral Commissioner of INEC in Rivers State, Elder Ikoiwak Aniedi.
The governor said: "You must have heard me say, which some people have taken out of context. I want to repeat what I said. We will support anybody that comes to conduct free and fair elections. If anybody has at the back of his mind that he is coming to do the bidding of a particular political party or interest group or that he is coming to the state to impose candidates on the state or rig election, the people will resist. Of course, you know what that means.
"You have said it here that it is the duty of the people to elect their representatives. It is not the duty of INEC and it is not the duty of security agents to impose candidates on our State. Your duty is to conduct free and fair elections and we want to believe that INEC will conduct free and fair elections ".
Speaking further, Governor Wike said: "The ruling party at the Federal level has boasted severally how they will use INEC and security agencies to manipulate the rerun elections. Don't allow any security agency to teleguide you because we have told our people that everybody should be firm, everybody should be ready. We will not take any chances, we will follow materials bumper to bumper. We will make sure we have agents in all areas".
The governor urged INEC to ensure that the forthcoming rerun elections in the state are conclusive.
Governor Wike called on the INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner to seek the opinion of the commission’s legal department on the legal implications of the rerun elections which will hold on 19th March, 2016, long after the three months stipulated in the Electoral Act and the judgment of the Court of Appeal.
He said that the new Resident Electoral Commissioner is a man who understands the terrain of the state and has the capacity to conduct free and fair elections.
Earlier, the Rivers State INEC Electoral Commissioner, Elder Ikoiwak Aniedi said that he paid the courtesy call to inform Governor Wike that rerun elections will hold in the state on 19th March for 3 Senatorial Districts, 12 Federal Constituencies and 22 State Constituencies.
Elder Aniedi applied for the governor’s approval for INEC to use state schools for the elections from March 18 to March 20, 2016.
He assured the people of the state that INEC will conduct free and fair elections in line with the law. He added that the commission will work with security agencies to ensure peaceful polls.
Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:28am On Feb 13, 2016
grin THE POLITICAL FATHER OF DAKUKU AND AMAECHI HAS SPOKEN grin

4 Likes

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by kcmichael: 11:30am On Feb 13, 2016
Gov Wike is now gittering because he know he used Inec to win Election,U will be taught a lesson this time

1 Like

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:32am On Feb 13, 2016
kcmichael:
Gov Wike is now gittering because he know he used Inec to win Election,U will be taught a lesson this time
WHO BE YOU?

LOBA LOBA

3 Likes

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by kcmichael: 11:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Why will He tell INEC to write their will or that they will treated like armed robbers.when has he become the security agencies,Wike is now wailing.the Blood of those slain are crying for vengence over wike Head

1 Like

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by mekd: 11:42am On Feb 13, 2016
Say no to rigging

1 Like

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by chriskosherbal(m): 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
Election matters
Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by Dakad: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Though I respect the sanctity of supreme court but this is why I never supported their judgment regarding card reader. And the earlier we amend our electoral acts the better. Wike knows what the power that be can do especially during election that's why is afraid now. He knows what they did in last election. We will not get it right in this nation except we get our electoral system right. And the best option is to include card reader into our electoral act. Wike should know that what goes around comes around. As a matter of urgency, PDP should even take the front lead regards this card reader thing instead of over celebrating the supreme court judgment bcs if that is not done before 2019, with the APC desperation we may end up with one party system again.

1 Like

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dakad:
Though I respect the sanctity of supreme court but this is why I never supported their judgment regarding card reader. And the earlier we amend our electoral acts the better. Wike knows what the power that be can do especially during election that's why is afraid now. He knows what they did in last election. We will not get it right in this nation except we get our electoral system right. And the best option is to include card reader into our electoral act. Wike should know that what goes around comes around. As a matter of urgency, PDP should even take the front lead regards this card reader thing instead of over celebrating the supreme court judgment bcs if that is not done before 2019, with the APC desperation we may end up with one party system again.

The card reader is less than 50% effective,the failure rate was just too high during the last elections.We still have a very long way to go before we rely totally on the card readers.

BTW Wike is not afraid of anyone!! Even with the so-called card readers the APC could not rig elections in Bayelsa with just 9 local governments let alone in a war zone like Rivers!!! Anyone who wants to die should come and try to rig

2 Likes

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by Clerverly: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

[s]The card reader is less than 50% effective,the failure rate was just too high during the last elections.We still have a very long way to go before we rely totally on the card readers.

BTW Wike is not afraid of anyone!! Even with the so-called card readers the APC could not rig elections in Bayelsa with just 9 local governments let alone in a war zone like Rivers!!! Anyone who wants to die should come and try to rig[/s]

You Will Cry Blood Next Month!!!

APC Will just take the result sheets and write the results...Wike Should go to court already...

1 Like

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by Dakad: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

The card reader is less than 50% effective,the failure rate was just too high during the last elections.We still have a very long way to go before we rely totally on the card readers.

BTW Wike is not afraid of anyone!! Even with the so-called card readers the APC could not rig elections in Bayelsa with just 9 local governments let alone in a war zone like Rivers!!! Anyone who wants to die should come and try to rig

My brother, compare last election with the previous ones, you will agree with me that there is a departure. And APC didn't know that the supreme court will go this way before Bayelsa election. They would have done worse. As regard the fact that Wike is not afraid, I bet to disagree. Why do you think he keep threatening INEC about rigging the forthcoming re-run. He knows better bcs he has been at the federal before. But I'm more concern with what will minimize election rigging and for now card reader is the option. We should make it more efficient. And amend our electoral act to make it legal. The system should be fair and to an extent credible, only then we will have a credible leader
I am in PH and and I can tell you authoritatively that I'm enjoying the dividends of democracy. And we need more of such in Nigeria generally and this can only happen if our leaders know that we voted them into power
Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Clerverly:

You Will Cry Blood Next Month!!!

APC Will just take the result sheets and write the results...Wike Should go to court already...
Lolz!!! I sincerely hope you will make yourself available for the assignment!! Write ko take ni!! APC does not have the capacity to rig any elections in Rivers state.Take it from me

2 Likes

Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dakad:

My brother, compare last election with the previous ones, you will agree with me that there is a departure. And APC didn't know that the supreme court will go this way before Bayelsa election. They would have done worse. As regard the fact that Wike is not afraid, I bet to disagree. Why do you think he keep threatening INEC about rigging the forthcoming re-run. He knows better bcs he has been at the federal before. But I'm more concern with what will minimize election rigging and for now card reader is the option. We should make it more efficient. And amend our electoral act to make it legal. The system should be fair and to an extent credible, only then we will have a credible leader
I am in PH and and I can tell you authoritatively that I'm enjoying the dividends of democracy. And we need more of such in Nigeria generally and this can only happen if our leaders know that we voted them into power

Until the performance of the card reader improves,we still cant rely soley on it for elections.The performance of the card readers during the last elections was abysmal.Over 60% of eleigible voters would be disenfranchised if we were to rely soly on the card readers!! Disenfranchisement is even worse than rigging.I repeat again APC will not be able to rig elections in Rivers state
Re: Rigging Will Be Resisted,wike Tells NEW INEC REC In Portharcourt by mrvitalis(m): 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wike let me tell u... The results are ready... APC won all seats.. . Let's meet in court

(1) (Reply)

To APC E Warriors. ... Aka Da Zombies / Breaking News: Judge Freezes Assets Of Tompolo!!! / Breaking!! Efcc Finds 1 Million Dollars Cash In Badeh's Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.