Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,145 members, 7,811,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Do Some People Dont Recieve Miracle During Crusade - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some People Dont Recieve Miracle During Crusade (395 Views)

5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / Bishop Oyedepo & His Wife At A Crusade In Botswana (Photos) / Kumuyi's Crusade At National Stadium Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Dont Recieve Miracle During Crusade by INTERMAN: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
I feel so bad when people who are crippled, blind, deaf etc and other problem come to the presence of God with the hope of receiving miracle and they went back home the same way even after the pastor's prayer. Highlight what could be the reason for this great disappointment. Because it make me ashamed and I use to wonder what their enemies who did not believe in God will say to them.when they go home the same way. Lalasticlala tomorrow's topic

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Dont Recieve Miracle During Crusade by Iamlordgee(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Do Some People Dont Recieve Miracle During Crusade by Scholar8200(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
While there might be many instances when God will not do in His Wisdom what He can do in His Power, and while we cannot always explain why some things happen, below are some possible reasons for your question:

(A)
4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. 5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them. 6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
Acts 3:4-6
The lame man here had an expectation to receive something. Not everyone that comes have this mindset, some only hope the 'prayer will work'. Remember the woman with the issue of blood, many were touching Jesus but nothing was happening because there was not that expectation of faith to which the Power would respond like it did for her!

(B)
8 And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother’s womb, who never had walked: 9 the same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, 10 said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.
Acts 14:8-10
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word. This is why preaching comes before praying. If the people in question do not allow the Word to produce and mix with faith in them, and if their attitude to the Word is "finish this preaching on time and pray so that I can be healed", they may be hopeful and optimistic but remember Jesus said,"thy FAITH has made thee whole". This is why it will be helpful if such have been meditating and praying on as much promises of God as regards the matter for which they want a miracle. TL Osborn testified that people do get healed etc while they receive faith building teachings (and their faith grew) without prayer.

(C)
4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. 5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
Mark 6:4-6
This is another problem -UNBELIEF occasioned by:
a) familiarity with the Minister and the Word;
b) belief of negative rumours about the Minister;
c) focusing on the Minister rather than on God!

(D)
Another reason may be-It is not God's will to heal

I knew a man (late now) that was paralysed from neck to toe that was brought to some of our open air crusades but was not healed. Thankfully, he gave his life to Christ. At a time before his death, he began to tell people around that he was no more in that paralysed body and he was describing some glorious things he saw shortly after which he passed on. Now perhaps God knew that to heal him will be to loose him for all eternity considering the inclination of his heart, we can never know but God always seeks our utmost good.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Picture Of Life To You? / Perfect Dominion Over Sin. / Does God Exist Or Not? (watch A Nairalander Video As He Questions Our Questions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.