Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:52 AM

APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike (16836 Views)

SARS Operatives Responsible For Kidnappings And Robbery In Rivers - Wike(photos) / Rivers Rerun: APC Unleashes Full Weight Of Federal Might On Rivers / Rivers Rerun : They Have Federal Might, But We Have The People - Wike (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by TheFreeOne: 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
To whom much is given much is expected.

Wike, honeymoon is over get to work and deliver good governance to your people.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wike it's enough...its time to deliver the rivers people...just work and prove yourself worthy of being the governor of that state..think of how to Trounce ameachis achievements ......enough of the talks...don't return rivers to the days of that ogogoro eyed Odili. ..liberate rivers state...
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by mandax: 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
And Wike outwitted APC now owned by Fulani when Wike denounced/banned Biafra people making demonstration in Rivers state.

With that trick, Wike demonstrated that political sagacity is not an exclusive preserve of the Fulani.

If you are from the southsouth, once Nigeria's fraudulent political machinery comes after you, once you proclaim "One Nigeria" forever, Fulani who controls the machinery pardons you.

1 Like

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
[size=20pt]
A - Alliance of
P - Perpetual
C - Cluelessness[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by ikkkkk: 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
quid:
[size=20pt]
A - Alliance of
P - Perpetual
C - Cluelessness[/size]

Nice one Bro. From what I've seen so far, it looks more like it.

3 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by tommykiwi(m): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
chxe:
Zombies. Over to u..

Please what is the meaning of FTC? i see it all the time
it means u just made front page...lolz.Well enjoy ur front page ok.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
lean 406 wagon for sale at a very cheap price, in abuja,the owner needed urgent money, cost price is #300,000. 1st come 1st serve. watsapp contact to view the car pix is 07038924536
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by blackpanda: 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
Between wike and fayose, I dont know who is dumber or more silly

1 Like

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by millhouse: 5:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
In
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by babestella: 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
APC is a party for deran.ged simpletons and deluded minions.

3 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Gkemz: 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
Lies + propaganda + greed for power = APC

3 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by nijanigga: 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
sleeping governor is awake? why is Wike always sleeping at public functions.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by sledge08(m): 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
zuby4real10:
Breaking news. the old woman from kebbi state hajiya fatimat mai talle Tara who donated her life savings to buhari
campaigns is dead. I am from her home town. we just finished her
burial now. may her soul rest in peace.

SHE DIED WITHOUT SEEING D CHANGE PROMISED..

1 Like

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by babestella: 6:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
Everyone says let's always pray that Buhari/APC succeeds because it's for the good of Nigeria. Yea, Nigeria will definitely be good, but not by Buhari and his divisive cohorts. We tend to turn blind eye to the fact that Buhari and APC came to power on the foundations of lies, deceit, hate and propaganda and fraud. The bottom line here is that whatever is gotten through lies and deceit can not succeed, we are not praying for buhari and apc to fail, but as long as the supernatural law of sowing and reaping is still operating, Buhari and apc are bound to fail, they'll all reap what they sowed. We are all seeing the indicators today, it's not rocket science.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Nawa4nl: 6:21pm On Feb 13, 2016

2 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
ahaika23:
APC is dead and buried in the better south!
its so unfortunate that your a youth as well.... Rather your thinking like our forefathers that played primitive politics.....At this stage of our democracy, we should be voting individuals and what they have to offer instead you hear people say a christian cant rule my state, no eay for pdp in lagos, apc is finished in south south et al. These are nonsense engrossments that our youths have hoodwinked to obey.... Open your eyes, wasnt amaechi a firmer pdp member, what about atiku, saraki and co that jumped ship... All this men are the sane, its time tge youths took charge of political landscape of this nation, bacause typing propaganda thrash on nairaland is more of a comic relief....
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=tommykiwi post=42887319] Rivers State has been in the news lately for several reasons including the outcome of the elections petitions in the state resolved in favour of Governor Nyesom Wike who is on a victory lap. In this exclusive interview with Onyebuchi Ezigbo, he spoke on several touchy issues including his experiences at the petitions and courts, allegations of looting $150 million made against his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi, the allegations leveled against him by APC governorship candidate Dakuku Peterside concerning the Supreme Court ruling, the dwindling price of crude oil, the stalled Mono-rail project, the loans he took from banks and other topical issues

The Supreme Court has affirmed your mandate as the elected governor. How does it feel now that you don’t have to look forward to a rerun?
Thank you for the opportunity to express how I feel after the judgment of the Supreme Court. It is like asking me how do I feel when I have succeeded in my studies after passing through the university and the university has confirmed me as being worthy in character. What I am saying is that the judgment of the Supreme Court has made me to be more committed to God because God indeed came down to manifest Himself and to say I am in charge of the affairs of every man. The Supreme Court judgment reaffirmed our commitment, gave hope to Nigerians that all hope is not lost. The judgment of the Supreme Court saved this nation from the kind of crises that would have occurred if there was an order for rerun. Not neccessarily because of the order for a rerun but if it were to be the right order, rather from the desperation of the ruling party at the national level. We know this from our experience and looking at what happened in Baylesa.

Some of the states that they consider a-must-take are Rivers State and Akwa Ibom State. So, if you take it from that perspective, there was desperation, and a feeling of “We must take Rivers state” which was confirmed by the national chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC). The National chairman did state this when the Court of Appeal annulled our election. He came out and said they are also going to take Akwa Ibom, as at that time Akwa Ibom hadn’t been annulled. When the Supreme Court gave this judgment, you saw how he was agitated and how he reacted that the judgment was so astonishing to them and, why it was so to them was because, by their own calculation, the takeover of Rivers state had been concluded, the takeover of Akwa Ibom state had been concluded and so since that wasn’t the case, they said it was not a reality; that it is a drama, but indeed they didn’t take into consideration that God has the final say. That man can propose but God can dispose. For me, it was happiness and joy and it should not be because of me that there would be bloodshed and I told those who are close to me that I know my people will resist any attempt by anybody to rig an election and if they are resisting then that will lead to violence and that will lead to bloodshed. It gives me happiness that God said no it won’t be because of you that there would be bloodshed in Rivers state. When the ruling party at the national level was crying out, it showed that if there was anything they wanted to do then that thing had already been done. In fact, I can even tell you that when Dr. Chris Ngige’s father died; during the burial ceremony in Church, Dakuku Peterside was introduced as the incoming governor of Rivers state not minding that the matter was still before the Supreme Court. So, to them that was fiat accompli, the matter had been concluded. In fact, INEC had gone ahead to fix February 6th as date for a re-run election. Yes I said so because before the judgement of the Supreme Court, INEC had invited my party chairman and other political parties to prepare for a re-run on the 6th of February and I asked why would we have a re-run when we are expecting the Supreme Court’s judgement? Is it that we are going to do a re-run now and if the governorship election is annulled by the Supreme Court, then you do another election and they said no but that they believe because the tribunal, the Court of Appeal had upheld the annulment that it would be difficult for the Supreme Court not to follow suit. Therefore, they have put February 6 as re-run date. So, that shocked me. After the Supreme Court judgement, you should have seen the reaction in the state; everybody was happy and joyful in the state which goes to confirm to you that indeed God used the Supreme Court to avert bloodshed; to bring peace to the state, to say there won’t be bloodbath and so, asking me how I feel, I feel like dancing everyday and giving thanks to God that it is not because of me and it won’t be during my time that there would be blood bath.

Talking about bloodshed, one of the reasons APC advanced in seeking to nullify your election was that there was violence and massive bloodshed during the Rivers state election. In fact, they mentioned that about 100 people were killed.
I thank you for that question. I will expose their ignorance and the kind of lies they tell. If you say that there was violence, if you say people died in the course of the election, if you say that some people were kidnapped, is it not their responsibility to show evidence of those who died in that election. They needed to let the tribunal know the people that were kidnapped. As I speak to you, let them mention one death certificate that was tendered at the Tribunal to show that during the election that Mr. Z died, look at the death certificate. In the course of this election, look at the dead bodies, look at those that were kidnapped, look at those arrested perpetrating the violence, not one was shown. So, it is not enough for you to say there was violence and you say people died, people were kidnapped and you didn’t show the Tribunal evidence

that people died, that people were kidnapped during the election and it will now be left to the Tribunal to make up their mind and say look, having shown us this death certificate, having shown us these people that were kidnapped, those that were arrested and injured then we are truly convinced that this people died during the course of the election, but not one was tendered in evidence. It is not even enough to say I have brought video coverage of people who died, because assuming that there was video coverage and the coverage shows people being killed, you must go beyond this to say yes this death occurred during the election; not to talk of a situation where it wasn’t shown at all. Now, how did the Tribunal come to the conclusion that there was violence in the election? Rather, what they did was to base their argument on hearsay. Not even newspapers were tendered to show as evidence. The army came, even those that weren’t part of the election, came to testify and they said they didn’t arrest anybody, the police came and also said they didn’t arrest anybody. They also confirmed they didn’t see anybody thumb-printing, that they didn’t arrest anyone with electoral materials. So, how was the election violent? They only said that they were hearing shootings but they couldn’t arrest one person. Ask the SSS what happened? We were told that election didn’t take place in some areas. Now, tell me, is that enough for the Tribunal to say yes, there was violence. So you see the entire trial was based on propaganda, on nonexistent facts. In their petition they said they will show in the course of the trial video coverage where people were thumb-printing, where people were killed and they will use forensic examination to show that there were multiple thumb-printing but not one was shown, not even the forensic expert, not one. The Tribunal granted them leave to go and inspect. Ask them what the result of the inspection was. Did they tender any document to show that this was the result of our inspection? So, it is not just to say, Army said there was no election, SSS said there was no election, Police said there was no electi. Been busy reading wikes poo get to work oga you talk too much
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by olajizz01(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
I WATCHED WIKE LIVE ON A.I.T, HE SAID THAT 'ANY PERSON SENT FROM ABUJA TO RIG IN RIVERS STATE SHOULD SHOW THEIR WILL TO THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILY'. WIKE IS NOT A MAN TO JOKE WITH AT ALL.
who is Wike,you these people just like to be over rating him,federal might was in his possession during the last election,if there is any election now that federal might isnt in his possession,i will now rate him.Wike that said he called his party chairman that if supreme order rerun,he will quit because the election will be bloody.Stop over rating this man.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Ndolarr: 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wike knows in his heart of hearts that the election was a sham and could not stand the test of rigorous and Godly scrutiny! INEC was empowered by the electoral act to issue guidelines on the election and the Commission, in its wisdom, openly instructed that Manual Accreditation based on voter register will not be allowed, but only card readers and incident forms should be used! So, how can Wike be declared winner when his 'votes' were in excess of the figures produced by the card reader? Same for Akwa Ibom. Then, why did Supreme Court rule in favour of the election tribunal sitting in Abuja due to violence in rivers state and later turned around to give a verdict in favour of Wike, indicating free and fair election in the same state! It is bizzare!!
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by sunnyuche1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wike sef grin

1 Like

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by nusirat(m): 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

I hope you are in Rivers and not typing from one brown roof top in Ogbomosho!! What you people saw in Bayelsa will be a child's play compared to what awaits you in Rivers state.

Let's me ask you a question, who will loose? Is ogbomosho man or you that will kill your brother bicos of one su egbe, who don't even know that you are existing. My Bros be wise politician are your enemy.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by captainmuyi(m): 7:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
Funny but God knows best
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by gudnex22(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
kay29000:
The funny thing is it is people like Wike the Wicked that are shouting PROPAGANDA are the real propagandists.

Is like you don't know the meaning of propaganda. Ask APC to tell you the meaning of propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by odehman: 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
Make we hear word WANITE
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Dakad: 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
I hope and pray that same free and fair election will repeat itself come March. I just don't get it. Our politicians are so manipulative and some people also are very gullible especially our so call youth. There should be free and fair elections irrespective of the party at the central. And the solution is efficient and reliable card reader. If care it's not taken APC will use Federal might and ask Wike to go to court and with the recent supreme court judgment, we are doomed. I won't stop advocating for the amendment of our electoral acts. That's the only way out. I'm sure APC would have done worse in Bayelsa if supreme court had given the latest judgment earlier and with that, we are 50years backward again
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by henryhemon(m): 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dakad:
I hope and pray that same free and fair election will repeat itself come March. I just don't get it. Our politicians are so manipulative and some people also are very gullible especially our so call youth. There should be free and fair elections irrespective of the party at the central. And the solution is efficient and reliable card reader. If care it's not taken APC will use Federal might and ask Wike to go to court and with the recent supreme court judgment, we are doomed. I won't stop advocating for the amendment of our electoral acts. That's the only way out. I'm sure APC would have done worse in Bayelsa if supreme court had given the latest judgment earlier and with that, we are 50years backward again

You agreed that the election was filled with flaws?
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by henryhemon(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
We the youths are the problem of this country,I do not support APC nor pdp, I support PMB. Until we wake up from our slumber and hold everyone accountable,in a sane climes most people in government cannot get there but we youths allow sentiments becloud our judgement.

I wish to state clearly there's difference between constructive criticism like the one Dele momodu constantly dish out to PMB not when you come to just insult or say things out of context n purely cuz of 1 sentiment or the other,we should make quality criticism not cuz one man lost election or party lost.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Dakad: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
henryhemon:

You agreed that the election was filled with flaws?

serious flaws. Neither Wike nor PDP can deny the fact that the election was militarized. The only reason the supreme court gave that verdict was basically bcs our electoral acts doesn't recognize card reader. We need to move forward in this country and the only way forward is credible election. Though Wike is trying in PH to specific and I can attest to that.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Dakad: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
henryhemon:
We the youths are the problem of this country,I do not support APC nor pdp, I support PMB. Until we wake up from our slumber and hold everyone accountable,in a sane climes most people in government cannot get there but we youths allow sentiments becloud our judgement.

I wish to state clearly there's difference between constructive criticism like the one Dele momodu constantly dish out to PMB not when you come to just insult or say things out of context n purely cuz of 1 sentiment or the other,we should make quality criticism not cuz one man lost election or party lost.

My brother, what you said here is the only way forward. Just take a statistics from nairaland that is mainly youth, our comments show our gullible most Nigeria youths are. Some bcs they are sympathetic to APC will never see anything wrong with the present government and likewise the PDP sympathizers will never see anything good with the present government
And the painful thing is that we the youth are the most affected with government policies and decision and the earlier we start engaging our political leaders irrespective of party constrictively the better for this country. We need to stop this partisan politics especially some of us that we don't benefits anything directly from them.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by henryhemon(m): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dakad:

My brother, what you said here is the only way forward. Just take a statistics from nairaland that is mainly youth, our comments show our gullible most Nigeria youths are. Some bcs they are sympathetic to APC will never see anything wrong with the present government and likewise the PDP sympathizers will never see anything good with the present government
And the painful thing is that we the youth are the most affected with government policies and decision and the earlier we start engaging our political leaders irrespective of party constrictively the better for this country. We need to stop this partisan politics especially some of us that we don't benefits anything directly from them.

But how can one see the truth n cover it?
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by kelvinovie(m): 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
Is very unfortunate that the media is being gage to continually repeat propaganda stories to the citizens. From what wike said and other revelations coming out now, you can deduce the wicked patterns use by the ruling government of the day. With time, new revelations of what actually transpired will find its way into the public domain. May God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Unbreakable, Do Not Hate Each Other - Osinbajo / Diri, Uzodinma, Dino Favourites To Win November 11 Election – Falcon Alliance / Gov. Uduaghan Controls Traffic In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.