Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1282 Views)

Simple Server 2.0 / How To Run Localhost Or Web Server On Your Android Phone / Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by waikiki(m): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
I wanted to start running php on my computer(php7) and i tried installing apache24, though the steps weren't clear and properly explained, i still rugged am sha. now my problem is, simple server no longer works since i installed apache and vice versa, maybe it has to do with ports(8080) or something, i don't know.... please i need help rectifying the issue and i also need help installing apache and php properly. Thank you
Re: Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by LoremIpsum: 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
I think you already know where the problem lies. Work on your port numbers.
Re: Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by airsaylongcon: 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
Conflict in Port numbers
Re: Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by blenyo11(m): 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
You should change the port number of apache
Go to the apache configuration file and search for Listen change the port to 81.
Note that this will make your localhost now available on 81. Therefore, you will have to type localhost:81 in your browser instead of just localhost

An easier way to install apache and php is to use a guy like xamp who will configure everything.
But even at this you will still have to manipulate The port as explained above to bet it working if the default port is not available
Re: Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
blenyo11:
You should change the port number of apache
Go to the apache configuration file and search for Listen change the port to 81.
Note that this will make your localhost now available on 81. Therefore, you will have to type localhost:81 in your browser instead of just localhost

An easier way to install apache and php is to use a guy like xamp who will configure everything.
But even at this you will still have to manipulate Tue port as explained above to bet it working if the default pprt is not available

Very good answer.

Simple Server is configured to listen on port 8080, apache should normally listen on port 80 (Localhost). You either change apache's listen port or close Simple Server.

Here is how to change Apache's port:

go to the

httpd.conf

do a search for listen and change

Listen 8080

to

Listen 80

or any port.

Remember to allow that port through firewall and you have restart the Apache service not the system.

1 Like

Re: Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by waikiki(m): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
thanks guys!
Re: Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by rahman3853(m): 1:06am On Feb 15, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Very good answer.

Simple Server is configured to listen on port 8080, apache should normally listen on port 80 (Localhost). You either change apache's listen port or close Simple Server.

Here is how to change Apache's port:

go to the

httpd.conf

do a search for listen and change

Listen 8080

to

Listen 80

or any port.

Remember to allow that port through firewall and you have restart the Apache service not the system.
like that, very explicit...
Re: Conflict Between Apache24 And Simple Server On My System. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by guru01(m): 10:08am On Feb 15, 2016
waikiki:
I wanted to start running php on my computer(php7) and i tried installing apache24, though the steps weren't clear and properly explained, i still rugged am sha. now my problem is, simple server no longer works since i installed apache and vice versa, maybe it has to do with ports(8080) or something, i don't know.... please i need help rectifying the issue and i also need help installing apache and php properly. Thank you
But why install apache for php7, php7 already comes witht its inbuilt server.
It will be better you use php server, since you are not installing wamp/lamp/xampp.

(1) (Reply)

Launching Today By 10am... Mydoubleinterest.com / Lagos State To Train One Million Lagosians On Computer Programming / Your Smartphone Is Really Smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.