Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,599 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. (24101 Views)

Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos / Obiano Inspects Worldclass Onitsha Mall- Pix / Obiano Inspects Ongoing Work At The 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by specco(m): 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
Udmaster:
Good works of a governor should be publicly celebrated and commended.
Obiano is moulding himself into a Young and Vibrant Igbo Presidential Material.

Are you from Anambra North? Maybe thats why you're singing his praises because he concentrates most of his activities there. . Nothing is happening in other parts of the state especially Anambra central. The road leading from old Nitel junction Nnewi through Awka etiti is in a deplorable condition for a long time. Ichida to Igbo ukwu road is cut off at a point. Let the Governor also see these places as part of his state also. God bless him.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by 989900: 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
Fayose aka "longest serving governor" for nothing . . . see your 'junior' getting things done -- Ekiti, e ti si rice je! sad
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by AnamCity: 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
Let me enlighten you a little. Firstly flyovers are meant for speed ways. Aroma flyover will ease the traffic at the junction leading to Secretariate road and the one leading to High Tension r oad. The Kwatta flyover will ease traffic for motorists diverting either at Kwatta junction or Iyiagu estates while that of Amawbia flyover will ease traffic for motorists going either at Amawbia bypass or NTA road. The flyovers were well designed for this purpose so vehicles heading to Onitsha does not come down but keep flying until it passes all the junctions.

Chinom:
Those flyovers are fraudulent. I have driven past them a couple of times and I just cannot figure out what purpose they are meant to serve. He built Flyovers in the same direction as the normal highway.

I am sure he owns the construction company building them because I never heard of the company before. The "Flyover" which is NOT flying over anything is just an avenue to embezzle.

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by Ozorc: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
Obiano inspecting project, Fayose dancing with old women, Dickson shouting we can't pay salary in ordinary 8 Lga, Wike telling INEC officials to prepare there Will, Saraki facing CCT, Dino acting as Saraki mouthpiece, David Mark struggling to win Little boy in Benue rerun, Supreme promoting dt card reader is useless and can't substitute v - register. .. Nigeria which way? Mire blood shed in Election dz days since highest rigger will at supreme...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by dubemnaija: 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
Adaure4ever:
This governor is on a speed mode.
Kudos to him

This babe, hw u dey? wink
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by moshino(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
I have not been to Anambra in years now, can somebody on the ground there please enlighten me on the present state of ONITSHA roads, Security situation, night life etc, some pictures will be appreciated, thanks!
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by dubemnaija: 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
AnamCity:
Let me enlighten you a little. Firstly flyovers are meant for speed ways. Aroma flyover will ease the traffic at the junction leading to Secretariate road and the one leading to High Tension r oad. The Kwatta flyover will ease traffic for motorists diverting either at Kwatta junction or Iyiagu estates while that of Amawbia flyover will ease traffic for motorists going either at Amawbia bypass or NTA road. The flyovers were well designed for this purpose so vehicles heading to Onitsha does not come down but keep flying until it passes all the junctions.

Not that am against those flyovers, but let's be honest to our selves bro, those flyovers were waste of funds. There were never traffic congestion in those places before the construction started. It's just an Avenue for Obiano to siphon money

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
soludo93:
Blowing his own trumpet, Obiano has history of public appearances in this outfit that bear his face. Wake me up when Onitsha -Awka dual road is reconstructed.
Those flyovers are actually on Onitsha Awka road
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
dubemnaija:

This babe, hw u dey? wink
am fine, and you
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
ChappyChase:
There are only 2 governors in the south east willie and the rest!!!
I regret having that fat headed snail as my governor!!!!! ENugu enter one chance!! Even buhari get hope pass that mumu! I weep for my beloved o42 people!!!
Ebonyi governor is working too but doesn't invest in the media
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by ChappyChase: 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Ebonyi governor is working too but doesn't invest in the media
Abegi! Make I hear word! You can as well tell me Rochas is working!!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by ronaldbecky(m): 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sanchase:
i don't see the need building flyovers when there was a road in existence..

This obiano should focus on job creation in Anambra, better hospitals and free Education in Anambra. Flyover 1, 2, 3, 4 to 10 will do no good to an average Anambrarian.
lolz....notin wey u no go do 4 dis life,people go still talk...naija i hail

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by AnamCity: 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
dubemnaija:

Not that am against those flyovers, but let's be honest to our selves bro, those flyovers were waste of funds. There were never traffic congestion in those places before the construction started. It's just an Avenue for Obiano to siphon money

I don't agree with you. You don't wait until those traffic becomes unbearable before it can be attended to. As the city grows so is it vehicular/human traffic. Even the UN masterplan recommended those flyovers at those junctions during Obi's tenure, Obiano is only implementing them. I don't think you are more informed than all these people. Those junctions will now experience calmness.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by Chinom(m): 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
AnamCity:

Ease which traffic. Vehicles speeding along Enugu - Onitsha expressway never had any problem at those junction. Have you ever travelled along the Asaba - Benin highway. What Obiano did is like building a flyover at all the junction leading to the villages. From Asaba, Onitsha Ugbo, Umunede, Isele ukwu to Agbo.
A flyover at Amawbia junction is ridiculous. The only motivation for such construction is to steal public funds. Go to lagos or any major city in Europe to see what flyovers are meant to do. A Pedestrian crossing would have been more useful.
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
ChappyChase:

Abegi! Make I hear word! You can as well tell me Rochas is working!!
When was the last time you went to abakiliki?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by Amanwulu1(m): 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
April is next 2 daz. May God spare our lives 4 we eyes to see gud things.
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by AnamCity: 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chinom:

Ease which traffic. Vehicles speeding along Enugu - Onitsha expressway never had any problem at those junction. Have you ever travelled along the Asaba - Benin highway. What Obiano did is like building a flyover at all the junction leading to the villages. From Asaba, Onitsha Ugbo, Umunede, Isele ukwu to Agbo.
A flyover at Amawbia junction is ridiculous. The only motivation for such construction is to steal public funds. Go to lagos or any major city in Europe to see what flyovers are meant to do. A Pedestrian crossing would have been more useful.

I don't owe you much explanation. For you to say that Amawbia does not need a flyover means you don't know the city. Do you know that vehicles cross over from Amawbia bypass to NTA road every time of the day? Do you know that it usually causes head-on collision with vehicles going to Onitsha? Now this flyover makes easy for those vehicles to cross under unhindered while the motorists going to Onitsha are equally not interrupted as they will fly and continue their journey. The same thing applies on Aroma and Kwatta flyovers. More flyovers will be built sef

11 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chinom:
Those flyovers are fraudulent. I have driven past them a couple of times and I just cannot figure out what purpose they are meant to serve. He built Flyovers in the same direction as the normal highway.

I am sure he owns the construction company building them because I never heard of the company before. The "Flyover" which is NOT flying over anything is just an avenue to embezzle.
Just know there is no space for APC in Anambra state, I know your loyalty is with APC, your propaganda can't stop moving train

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
AnamCity:

I don't owe you much explanation. For you to say that Amawbia does not need a flyover means you don't know the city. Do you know that people cross over from Amawbia by to NTA road every time of the day? Do you know that it usually causes head-on collision with vehicles going to Onitsha? Now this flyover makes easy for them to cross under unhindered while the motorists going to Onitsha are equally not interrupted as they will fly and continue their journey. The same thing applies on Aroma and Kwatta flyovers. More flyovers will be built sef

Why wasting your time na Osita Okechukwu boy, APC spokesman in southeast.

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by cocu25(m): 11:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
Udmaster:
Good works of a governor should be publicly celebrated and commended.
Obiano is moulding himself into a Young and Vibrant Igbo Presidential Material.
young?
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by flokii: 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
much ado over ordinary flyovers... smh

does that even count as a project?.. anywaiz what's my bizz.

btw how come ala igbo has so many untarred roads.. like mud sand everywhere..
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by cenaboy(m): 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
okeke00:
the same obiano that the igbos are demanding for his head because he is against biafra agitation. the problem with we igbos is that we don't even know what our problem is

Ship up please. When he does the good let him be applauded and if he does otherwise we do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by YaksonFCA(m): 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
When Obiano is inspecting flyovers Fayose is doing ground breaking ceremony for one modern market.. Hm!
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by glord380: 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wow! Kudos obiano, and rochas has been building one since 5yrs that am not sure is about to be completed this year.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by samuelchimmy(m): 12:22am On Feb 14, 2016
Udmaster:
I know how the politics of Nairaland works.
hmm can u please tel me how the politics of Nairaland works.
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by Viktor1983(m): 1:03am On Feb 14, 2016
jonathanOz:

I believe if your type were to have visited Awka some 3, 4 years ago, you would have labelled it a disgrace and not deserving of a capital. Now the governor is trying to give it a face lift, and you are complaining.
Obiano please carry go. My only hope and prayer is that you finish all these projects before you leave office. Making Anambra beautiful is non negotiable.

About "Free education", we dont want that lie in Anambra. Our former governor returned public schools to the original church owners, and govt is working with them to improve the standard of education. Everybody can see the positivity it has brought to Anambra of recent. We prefer the govt empower its citizens so as to be able to finance the education of their wards. Free education in this present Nigeria is scam.
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by piagetskinner(m): 1:14am On Feb 14, 2016
Mr willy willy.... In jenifas voice
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by ros5: 4:30am On Feb 14, 2016
grin Willie is working

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by Nobody: 4:42am On Feb 14, 2016
Free those people and their baseless arguements concerning the flyovers ,anybody doubting the traffic congestion @ Aroma ,Kwatta and Amawbia has never stayed in Anambra before.Even the people coming to Awka heaved a sigh of relief this past festive season ,if not that flyovers the traffic congestion there is not a child's play.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by eromspete(m): 5:16am On Feb 14, 2016
Its a good thing to see progress taking place in the state smiley but there is an obvious lack of HSE policy/implementation at this construction site. angry

All the labourers working at height do not have fall protection, amongst other safety risks which are quite obvious for a fairly large project like this.
Re: Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. by klimson: 5:53am On Feb 14, 2016
Sanchase:
i don't see the need building flyovers when there was a road in existence..

This obiano should focus on job creation in Anambra, better hospitals and free Education in Anambra. Flyover 1, 2, 3, 4 to 10 will do no good to an average Anambrarian.
w
When you make sense, I will know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sit-at-home Order: Enugu Residents Ignore IPOB / RUGA: Association Of Pig Farmers Writes Buhari, Demand “pig Colony” / Abia PDP Bigwigs Dump Party, Defect To APC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.