Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. (1386 Views)

Prophet Andrew Ejimadu Seer 1: "I Bathed Man With Money, He's Now A Millionaire" / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." / Catholic Bishop Reacts To Patrick Edet's Resignation: "The Pope Must Hear This" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by CHIEFCLETUS: 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Catholic bishop bemoans Ndigbo’s obsession with money.

By Sylvester Ugwuanyi on February 10, 2016

The Catholic Bishop of Nsukka, Most Rev’d Godfrey Igwebuike Onah has criticized the attitude of “only money counts” in all Igbo affairs, lamenting that money and what money can buy seem to be all that matter to Ndigbo.

Professor Onah, who stated this while delivering the 33rd Public Lecture of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, FUTO, titled “Intellectualism and the Development of a People,” stated that Igbos penchant for wealth have enormously robbed the people of their values.

He said, “Even our proverbial egalitarianism and republicanism seem to have disappeared as the super rich became the owners of the community and their praise singers remind those who were in doubt that the community or town, indeed belong to some people.”

The erudite priest, while tracing how the Igbo degenerated to the present level, explained that before the Nigeria-Biafra war, the intellectual was the pride of the Igboman as it was at that time a thing of pride to be referred to as doctor’s mother or father.

“Then came the war, the blockade, the starvation, the surrender, the humiliation and the economic emasculation. Despite the beautiful slogan of no victor, no vanquished, there was and still is, a clear plan to crush the presumably rebellious Igbo spirit and, thus, shatter the myth of the resilient Igboman”, he said.

Onah recalled that at the end of the civil war, the major challenge faced by the Ndigbo was survival in a Nigeria that neither wanted them in its fold nor would let them go, “having been stripped to the bare skin of all the material wealth they had acquired before the war by the post war Nigerian government.”

This was as he pointed out that a careful scrutiny of the way most political office holders were selected in Igboland and what they do with the common patrimony when they are in office, will confirm that Ndigbo have collectively sold their birthrights to those who have the hard currency to spray.

“Before long, the only money counts attitude found its way into the precincts of the churches and, through harvests, bazaars and the unending fund raising programmes for the innumerable church projects, it gradually moved into the sanctuary,” the bishop said.

Onah further explained that from the sanctuaries, the money virus exploded like a petrol tank on fire, spilling it’s content into massive open air rallies, crusades and fanfares of the miracle industries and mega markets, where the insecure wealthy class, the distressed youths and miserable victims of the reckless pillage of our national wealth by an unscrupulous political class collectively fund the extravagance of some self appointed redeemers.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/10/catholic-bishop-bemoans-ndigbos-obsession-with-money/
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by Tpave(m): 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
It is an individual character. Not just Ndigbo sir.
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by Elosky20: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
its unfortunate that we are known because of our love for money, but is there anybody on planet earth who does nt like money.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by NobleAngell(f): 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Are you just knowing? That's how they have been from time immemorial. They can't even hide it.
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by HARDBUOI: 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
anybody anywhere can love money
maybe d catholic just preached against the love of money which is a scripture in d bible
but the shallow-brained op just misunderstood
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by babyfaceafrica: 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
We know already
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by HARDBUOI: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
NobleAngell:
Are you just knowing? That's how they have been from time immemorial. They can't even hide it.

MY DEAR BEAUTIFUL IMBECI.LE!!...
GO ON AND TELL ME DAT U DONT LIKE MONEY....TELL ME IF U CAN LIVE WITHOUT MONEY.
U ARE DEFINITELY D TYPE DAT CANT DO SOMETHING FOR ANYONE FREE OF CHARGE AND HARDLY DROPS #20 FOR DAT BEGGAR IN UR STREET.
YET U ARE HERE VOMITING DUSTBIN
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by HARDBUOI: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
NobleAngell:

MY DEAR BEAUTIFUL IMBECI.LE!!...
GO ON AND TELL ME DAT U DONT LIKE MONEY....TELL ME IF U CAN LIVE WITHOUT MONEY.
U ARE DEFINITELY D TYPE DAT CANT DO SOMETHING FOR ANYONE FREE OF CHARGE AND HARDLY DROPS #20 FOR DAT BEGGAR IN UR STREET.
YET U ARE HERE VOMITING DUSTBIN
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by 0xtr0r: 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
NobleAngell:

Igbo people love money but they work hard for it. There is no wrong in loving money when you are ready to work hard for it.

Knowing that the die is cast and that Igbos are more than ever before determined to leave you behind in this contraption you lots have resorted to evil campaigns of calumny against the Igbo Nation.

No doubt that the word BI*FRA reminds you of your evil deeds which you hope would just go away with a wave of the hand. But it wouldn't and won't!

Hearing the mere mention of IP0B and NK in your dreams is enough to cause earth-quaking convulsions, perpetual nightmares and heartaches.
In fact you lots are more than confused and scared of your shadows.

Find the video clip of a Fulani Lawmaker arrogantly claiming that the crude oil in Bayelsa State belong to Jigawa State:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6GGPu286U

Check out the names of people owning crude oil wells in another's backyard; about 90% are all from the North and SW who fought the crude oil war against the Eastern region - from Danjuma to IBB to Abacha's family.

"We killed the Easterners for oil and nothing else"- Benjamin Adekunle. 

Rememember, during the 'June 12' saga of 1990s, the Yoruba Obas sold Abiola and his mandate to Abacha for a mesh of porridge! Is that not greed?

Daniel ‘Sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office, says Amosun
By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji
June 29, 2011
All our assets have been concessioned,
 https://www.nairaland.com/701625/daniel-sold-olumo-rock-before : Ogun State governor, Ibikunle Amosun yesterday told an audience of shocked traditional rulers that his predecessor, Gbenga Daniel had "sold" the famous Olumo rock to a private manager under a concession arrangement that would last fifteen years."

Remember Abacha, Obj, IBB, MKO Abiola, Danjuma, Abdulsalam, Tinubu, etc. that wrecked this country and brought her to the present miserable state are not Igbos.

How dare you lie that Igbos are greedy and selfish when:

Northerners in collusion with Yorubas robbed Nigeria blind using the Indigenization decree in 1972, and proceeded to plunder the crude oil resource and owning virtually all the oil blocks.

The North and their Southern stooges have been sucking Niger-delta crude oil to better their own region, religion and elites while degrading the environment and impoverishing the Niger-deltans!

Yorubas and their cotravellers are the ones mainly behind the inflating and selling of lands in Lagos and Abuja at exorbitant prices ranging from hundreds of millions to billions of Naira per plot.

And yet Igbos have helped in building Lagos and Abuja amongst other states, and you dare state they are greedy and selfish.

In Lagos Island Yorubas are selling a gift from God to their fellow country man for hundreds of millions of Naira per plot! The dubious and greedy Omoniles in collusion with their traditional heads would even sell a plot of land to 3 different people and ensure that justice is denied the defrauded!
The same situation occurs in Abuja.

Why should the government not allow the Niger-deltans who own the crude oil the right to have control over their endowment?

If Igbos are the problem with Nigeria why would mischievous hypocrites like you become embittered that Igbos seek self-determination
If you and your lots are not the arrogant, selfish and greedy parasites why do you always weep and wail at the mention of Biaf.. as if your life sustenance is being is taken away? 

You lots must be the greatest liars of the Century!
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 14, 2016
Elosky20:
its unfortunate that we are known because of our love for money, but is there anybody on planet earth who does nt like money.

Ofcourse everybody likes money but in the whole world, there's only 1 ethnic group in Africa that can kill their parents for money. grin

Surely, the love of money is the root of all cocaine trafficking. grin

Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 14, 2016
undecided
We love money and so what?
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be rich as long as you don't hurt others to get it. we are proud lovers of money and no igbo person worth his salt should ever be ashamed of their affinity for money.

It is true that our love for money has brought many of us to ruin but it has also brought us some good. In fact it has done us more good than harm.
Our love for money is what made us bounce back from the war; cos we are not content living in poverty.
After the civil war, all our money was converted to £20 and shares sold almost immediately after. Look at us today we are making progress while our oppressors keep their people in poverty and ignorance, brainwash them and send them to their death.

There is no scarier person than a person who has nothing to live for. A person who is content to live in poverty and ignorance. As if being poor and ignorant is not enough, these people had to add violence and fanaticism to that list of vices. perfect recipe for making terrorists. i'd rather love money than be like you people.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by HARDBUOI: 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
Zoharariel:

Ofcourse everybody likes money but in the whole world, there's only 1 ethnic group in Africa that can kill their parents for money. grin

Surely, the love of money is the root of all cocaine trafficking. grin

well u can meet evil people anywhere and any tribe who can kill friend or relative for money.

AND I TELL U THIS....
IF ANYONE FROM UR TRIBE IN THE HISTORY HAS NOT USED A FRIEND OR RELATIVE FOR MONEY... MAY U LIVE LONG AND DWELL IN ABUNDANT RICHES AMEN....

BUT IF UR PEOPLE ARE ALSO GUILTY OF THIS BUT U CHOSE TO BE BLINDED BY HALTERED AND BIGOTRY....MAY ALL HUSTLE AND HARD WORK IN LIFE BE IN VAIN UNTIL D DAY U BEGIN TO CONFESS TRUTH...AMEN!

I AM ONLY FOR THE TRUTH!!
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
HARDBUOI:

BUT IF UR PEOPLE ARE ALSO GUILTY OF THIS BUT U CHOSE TO BE BLINDED BY HALTERED AND BIGOTRY....MAY ALL HUSTLE AND HARD WORK IN LIFE BE IN VAIN UNTIL D DAY U BEGIN TO CONFESS TRUTH...AMEN!

I decree by the authority of Obatala embedded at the tip of my tongue, that this curse that you have pronounced shall backfire back to you & your family (both nuclear & extended) including your friends & loved ones this moment.

As you have clothed yourself with cursing like as with a garment, so shall it come into your bowels like water, and like oil into your bones.

As you love cursing, so shall it cleave unto you, and as you delight not in blessing, so shall it be far from you & your family forever - (Ashee!).
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by orisa37: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
It's the root of all evil: money.
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by HARDBUOI: 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
Zoharariel:

I decree by the authority of my useless Obatala embedded at the tip of my tongue, that this curse that you have pronounced shall it happen to me & my family (both nuclear & extended) including my friends & loved ones this moment.

As you have clothed me with cursing like as with a garment, so shall it come into me bowels like water, and like oil into my bones.

As i love cursing, so shall it cleave unto me, and as i delight not in blessing, so shall it be far from me & my family forever - (Ashee!).

read it again i have fixed it for u mr dumbo! cool
Re: Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. by NobleAngell(f): 7:33am On Feb 15, 2016
0xtr0r:

Igbo people love money but they work hard for it. There is no wrong in loving money when you are ready to work hard for it.

Knowing that the die is cast and that Igbos are more than ever before determined to leave you behind in this contraption you lots have resorted to evil campaigns of calumny against the Igbo Nation.

No doubt that the word BI*FRA reminds you of your evil deeds which you hope would just go away with a wave of the hand. But it wouldn't and won't!

Hearing the mere mention of IP0B and NK in your dreams is enough to cause earth-quaking convulsions, perpetual nightmares and heartaches.
In fact you lots are more than confused and scared of your shadows.

Find the video clip of a Fulani Lawmaker arrogantly claiming that the crude oil in Bayelsa State belong to Jigawa State:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6GGPu286U

Check out the names of people owning crude oil wells in another's backyard; about 90% are all from the North and SW who fought the crude oil war against the Eastern region - from Danjuma to IBB to Abacha's family.

"We killed the Easterners for oil and nothing else"- Benjamin Adekunle. 

Rememember, during the 'June 12' saga of 1990s, the Yoruba Obas sold Abiola and his mandate to Abacha for a mesh of porridge! Is that not greed?

Daniel ‘Sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office, says Amosun
By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji
June 29, 2011
All our assets have been concessioned,
 https://www.nairaland.com/701625/daniel-sold-olumo-rock-before : Ogun State governor, Ibikunle Amosun yesterday told an audience of shocked traditional rulers that his predecessor, Gbenga Daniel had "sold" the famous Olumo rock to a private manager under a concession arrangement that would last fifteen years."

Remember Abacha, Obj, IBB, MKO Abiola, Danjuma, Abdulsalam, Tinubu, etc. that wrecked this country and brought her to the present miserable state are not Igbos.

How dare you lie that Igbos are greedy and selfish when:

Northerners in collusion with Yorubas robbed Nigeria blind using the Indigenization decree in 1972, and proceeded to plunder the crude oil resource and owning virtually all the oil blocks.

The North and their Southern stooges have been sucking Niger-delta crude oil to better their own region, religion and elites while degrading the environment and impoverishing the Niger-deltans!

Yorubas and their cotravellers are the ones mainly behind the inflating and selling of lands in Lagos and Abuja at exorbitant prices ranging from hundreds of millions to billions of Naira per plot.

And yet Igbos have helped in building Lagos and Abuja amongst other states, and you dare state they are greedy and selfish.

In Lagos Island Yorubas are selling a gift from God to their fellow country man for hundreds of millions of Naira per plot! The dubious and greedy Omoniles in collusion with their traditional heads would even sell a plot of land to 3 different people and ensure that justice is denied the defrauded!
The same situation occurs in Abuja.

Why should the government not allow the Niger-deltans who own the crude oil the right to have control over their endowment?

If Igbos are the problem with Nigeria why would mischievous hypocrites like you become embittered that Igbos seek self-determination
If you and your lots are not the arrogant, selfish and greedy parasites why do you always weep and wail at the mention of Biaf.. as if your life sustenance is being is taken away? 

You lots must be the greatest liars of the Century!
Are you kidding me? You took your time to type all these even though you know I won't bother reading it? U are really a piece of work.

(1) (Reply)

Illicit Sex: Demons On The Loose On Feb 14 / Rccg, Is Pastor Adeboye Involved In This? Confirm, Pls (picx) / Does Anybody Else Have A Hunch Spacetacular Is 4evergod?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.