Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. (1831 Views)

The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Abuzola(m): 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2009
The Quran is accurate, no contradiction and is reliable.

Quran 4:82
Do they not consider the Quran carefully ? Had it been from other than God, they would have surely have found therein many contradiction'

Here is a challenge for all, i challenge you to refute it.
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by DrTomgirl(f): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2009
@ Abuzola: may God enlighten u, lighten ur burden & set u free from da bound of darkness. I pray it shall be so in HIS(JESUS) name.
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by sleek29(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2009
Quran 18:86, refutes it
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Abuzola(m): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2009
@sleek, you will not understand, this is yet another revealation of the unseen secrets or rather hiden science or undiscovered science. Wait ! Were you not the one that said God attributes is beyond science to be proven, ba ? So why the ponder
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by sleek29(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
simple, its both spiritually and physically wrong to say the sun entered murky waters, how can you see the sun enter murky waters, it means, at that time they all thought the earth was flat and so it seemed like a right thing to say, only for a man called Pythagoras to find out the truth and by the way science does agree with trinity. in man (body, soul and spirit), in atoms(protons, neutrons, electrons).
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Abuzola(m): 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
The Quran is explicit, take it or leave it, the sun settle in murky water, the Quran never state the world is flat. So don't get things complicated
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by dadde(m): 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2009
@ kryola and abuzola. Provide any interllectual proves that d gospel of barnabas was written in d 1st century.
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Abuzola(m): 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2009
DNA, man
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Krayola(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2009
dadde:

@ kryola and abuzola. Provide any interllectual proves that d gospel of barnabas was written in d 1st century.

"Contra Celsum" was written in 248 by Origen. In Chapter 63 he makes a reference to the Epistle of Barnabas.

CHAP. LXIII.

And since Celsus has termed the apostles of Jesus men of infamous notoriety, saying that they were tax-gatherers and sailors of the vilest character, we have to remark, with respect to this charge, that he seems, in order to bring an accusation against Christianity, to believe the Gospel accounts only where he pleases, and to express his disbelief of them, in order that he may not be forced to admit the manifestations of Divinity related in these same books; whereas one who sees the spirit of truth by which the writers are influenced, ought, from their narration of things of inferior importance, to believe also the account of divine things. Now in the general Epistle of Barnabas, from which perhaps Celsus took the statement that the apostles were notoriously wicked men, it is recorded that "Jesus selected His own apostles, as persons who were more guilty of sin than all other evildoers." And in the Gospel according to Luke, Peter says to Jesus, "Depart from me, O Lord, for I am a sinful man." Moreover, Paul, who himself also at a later time became an apostle of Jesus, says in his Epistle to Timothy, "This is a faithful saying, that Jesus Christ came into, the world to save sinners, of whom I am the chief." And I do not know how Celsus should have forgotten or not have thought of saying something about Paul, the founder, after Jesus, of the Churches that are in Christ. He saw, probably, that anything he might say about that apostle would require to be explained, in consistency with the fact that, after being a persecutor of the Church of God, and a bitter opponent of believers, who went so far even as to deliver over the disciples of Jesus to death, so great a change afterwards passed over him, that he preached the Gospel of Jesus from Jerusalem round about to Illyricum, and was ambitious to carry the glad tidings where he needed not to build upon another man's foundation, but to places where the Gospel of God in Christ had not been proclaimed at all. What absurdity, therefore, is there, if Jesus, desiring to manifest to the human race the power which He possesses to heal souls, should have selected notorious and wicked men, and should have raised them to such a degree of moral excellence, that they, became a pattern of the purest virtue to all who were converted by their instrumentality to the Gospel of Christ?

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/origen161.html

OR. . you can look up "Epistle of Barnabas" on Wikipedia, and look in the "earliest citations" section and u'll see. . .here, I've copied it for u but feel free to look for urself.

Early citations

Toward the end of the second century Clement of Alexandria cites the Epistle. It is also appealed to by Origen of Alexandria. Eusebius, however, objected to it and ultimately the epistle disappeared from the appendix to the New Testament, or rather the appendix disappeared with the epistle. In the West the epistle never enjoyed canonical authority (though it stands beside the Epistle of James in the Latin manuscripts). In the East, the Stichometry of Nicephorus, the list appended by the 9th century Patriarch of Jerusalem to his Chronography, lists the Epistle of Barnabas in a secondary list, of books that are antilegomena— "disputed"— along with the Revelation of John, the Revelation of Peter and the Gospel of the Hebrews.
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Nezan(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2009
@Krayola:

Epistle of Barnabas

There is good evidence that the modern Gospel of Barnabas was composed in the 14th century A.D., a date even some Islamic scholars accept.

Second, there is the related evidence from the Epistle of Barnabas. The Epistle of Barnabas appears in these lists along with the Gospel of Barnabas. They are both attributed to Barnabas, and are recorded in the same lists at the same time. For these reasons the Epistle of Barnabas provides us with the best available evidence as to the character of the Gospel of Barnabas mentioned in the same lists. In 1859, a 4th century A.D. copy of the Epistle of Barnabas was discovered.

So what does the Epistle of Barnabas show? If it confirms the teaching of the Gospel of Barnabas that Muslims promote, then this would provide good evidence that this book is indeed the same Gospel mentioned in these lists. But it doesn't. The Epistle of Barnabas is a thoroughly Christian document, though it is not to be regarded as scripture. It teaches Jesus' sacrificial death, resurrection and lordship.
For to this end the Lord endured to deliver up His flesh to corruption, that we might be sanctified through the remission of sins, which is effected by His blood of sprinkling. (Epistle of Barnabas, ch. 5)
Therefore, the related evidence from the Epistle of Barnabas suggests that the Gospel of Barnabas mentioned in these lists was still a Christian document which taught the death, resurrection and lordship of Jesus. It is therefore a different book to the one that Muslims are promoting.

Dont mix up the Epistle of Barnabbas with the forgery Gospel of Barnabbas, please
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Nezan(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2009
Somebody keeps deleting my posts on the contradictions/changes in the koran. This is not fair. angry angry
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Krayola(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2009
Nezan:

Dont mix up the Epistle of Barnabbas with the forgery Gospel of Barnabas, please

haha.  .u're right. I had em mixed up. my bad.  I'll ask about the Gospel of Barnabas at school on Monday. . .Now I really wanna find out. I assumed they were the same thing.
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Abuzola(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2009
@nezan,
Poor challenge, Allah knows well about the changing

Quran 2:106
Allah speaks 'whatever a verse (revealation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Don't you Know that Allah is able to do all things ?''
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Nezan(m): 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2009
Abuzola:

@nezan,
Poor challenge, Allah knows well about the changing

Quran 2:106
Allah speaks 'whatever a verse (revealation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Don't you Know that Allah is able to do all things ?''

So Allah makes mistakes in the revelations and then changes them? I thought it was shaitan that gave the other ones that were abrogated,,,,,,,,the satanic verses grin grin
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Nezan(m): 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2009
Krayola:

haha. .u're right. I had em mixed up. my bad. I'll ask about the Gospel of Barnabas at school on Monday. . .Now I really wanna find out. I assumed they were the same thing.

Was it not deliberate? I hate liars angry angry
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Krayola(m): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2009
Nezan:

Was it not deliberate? I hate liars angry angry
haha. nah, it wasn't. I didn't even know there was a Gospel of Barnabas. I just assumed, wrongly, that they (epistle and gospel) would be the same thing. It was a honest mistake.
Re: Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas. by Abuzola(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2009
Krayola don't be deceived- Epistle and Gospel mean the same thing for confirmation check your dictionary, they both are collection of new testament.

@Nezan, hope you are not blind when i said 'Allah speak'. The revealation is revealed to Prophet Muhammad who is a human and Allah said 'whatever He cause to be forgotten or abrogated is replaced with a better one' Quran 2:106. For your information our Allah never possessed a human feature, He can never forget talk of fall into temptation, see what moses said about Allah (GOD)

Quran 20:52
moses said 'The knowledge thereof is with my Lord, in a Record. My Lord neither makes mistake nor He forgets'

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which One Is This Permissive Will And Perfect Will Of God? / Major World Religions And Their Beliefs About God / Rapture Is A Tale: Christians Know This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.