Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (25280 Views)

The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by bilms(m): 10:39am On Jan 29, 2010
Mean No arm

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will
fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.

However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i)

Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.

[Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii)
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

iii)
Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv)
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

v)
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

iv)
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:

Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

Saint Barnabas is mentioned in the New Testament and he is very well admired too: "For God who was at work in the ministry of Peter as an apostle to the Jews, was also at work in my ministry as an apostle to the Gentiles. James, Peter, and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me [Paul] and Barnabas the right hand to fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we [Paul and Barnabas] should go to the Gentiles, and they to the Jews. (The New Testament from the N.I.V Bible, Galatians 2:8-9)"

Saint Barnabas's story in the New Testament begins in Acts 4:36. People often don't know the name of this great Saint. The reason for that is because he lived and dedicated his life to serve others. His real name was Joseph, but the Christians gave him a nickname of "Barnabas" because it meant the "son of encouragement". Barnabas came alongside people in times of challenge and helped them; see Acts 9:10-28 and Acts 15:36-39 for more details.

So in other words, we really should take his Gospel very seriously and consider it too the inspired word of GOD. Since Christians believe in Paul, John, Mark and Matthew as Prophets of GOD, then they should also consider Barnabas as a Prophet too.

The Gospel of Barnabas on there site. (find the word "Muhammad" in the Gospel)

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2010
So where have you shown that "Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas"??
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by afiq(m): 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2010
Muhammad was a false prophet, period. Jesus said so in the book of Revealation that "someone will come after me and claim that he is me but he is not me".

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2010
Confussion, so jesus is now a Prophet, interesting
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2010
Abu Zola:

Confussion, so jesus is now a Prophet, interesting
How many personalty of christ do u know? Hes a prophet&not prophet of doom like mohammad,who never did any miracle
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by bilms(m): 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2010
viaro:

So where have you shown that "Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas"??

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2010
Jazakhallahu ya imamul bilms
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by bilms(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2010
Ameen.

Sallamualaikum
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2010
Wa'alaikum salam
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by afiq(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2010
Muhammad was satan. Of course satan has sweet name lol
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 10:56am On Jan 31, 2010
'verily, it is of their falsehood that they say God has begotten ? And verily they are liars' Quran 37:151-152
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2010
@bilms,

For the benefit of doubt, let me help you in all simplicity.

After reading your OP and failing to see any verse where Muhammad's name was mentioned by the EXACT NAME in the Gospel of Barnabas (GoB), I requested that you please show us. You have yet not done so. Rather than show us the verse for Muhammad's exact name in the GoB, you went over to Song of Solomon - that seems a rather desperate but unnecessary move.

I know Muslims are many times in the habit of making bogus claims and showing nothing for what they post, which is what I feel you have done here. So, let me repeat as earlier: 'where have you shown that "Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas"??' That answer is not forthcoming from you, so I turn to address a few other points in yours:

(1)   The claim that Muhammad was prophesied in Deuteronomy 18:18 has been trashed in many threads, - please see an example where I gave my own shillings in this thread. The point is that Muhammad was not prophesied in Deut. 18:18, and you can flog it from now till the next minaret call and still find nothing moved in the direction to favour your post.

(2)   The idea of Muhammad in the Song of Solomon is a fallacy, and here's how:

bilms:

of Jerusalem."

Of course, some people have rendered that verse to include the name of Muhammad (or mahămadîm) in various places, such as the one that appears in the 'Shir Hashirim' of the sacred-text website.

On comparing these with other established sources as the one below from Biblos, you will not find support for such - the reason is easy: you will first have to ask yourself if the authors of the Biblical texts were mixing both Arabic and Hebrew languages/words into the same verses! Second, if it was 'Muhammad' that was meant in that verse, what would it have meant to the authors in Hebrew? Do Arabic speakers mix up words in their dialects by borrowing words from the Hebrew?

The Biblos website would be a very helpful resource where you can compare each word occurence of that verse. Let's provided a summary:

[list]Hebrew:
חכו ממתקים וכלו מחמדים זה דודי וזה רעי בנות ירושלם׃

Transliteration:
chik·kov  mam·tak·kim  ve·chul·lov  ma·cha·mad·dim  zeh do·v·di  ve·zeh  re·'i  be·no·vt  ye·ru·sha·lim

English:
His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.[/list]

Consequently, the Hebrew word מחמדים transliterated as 'ma·cha·mad·dim' could mean a variety of things, including desire, pleasant thing, goodly, and lovely. It appears in many verses of the OT, and in Songs 5:16 it is rather a quality that describes someone and NOT A NAME!

6 Likes

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2010
But there's more. We have noted that the Hebrew word מחמדים transliterated as 'ma·cha·mad·dim' could mean a variety of things, including desire, pleasant thing, goodly, and lovely. That same word appears in the following verses:

[list]** 1 Kings 20:6 - '. . . and it shall be, that whatsoever is pleasant (מחמדים) in thine eyes, they shall put it in their hand, and take it away.'[/list]

[list]I guess you would not argue your Muhammad into that verse even though the Hebrew word is the same as in Songs 5:15. In the above example, would you say that they shall put muhammad in their hand and carry him away like a piece of article? If not, then something is patently wrong with your own translation.[/list]

[list]** Hosea 9:16 - 'Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved (מחמדּי) fruit of their womb.'[/list]

[list]The sacred-text website also transliterates that word as 'mahămadê' - which if you take to be the name of Muhammad, simply says in that verse that he is a fruit of the womb that would be slain. Of course, I guess you wouldn't like to read such a meaning there even though the same Hebrew word is cited in that verse - and there is just no reason why your argument for Song of Solomon 5:16 should be read to mean the name of Muhammad either![/list]

The above is to help you see that the transliterated word 'ma·cha·mad·dim' does NOT mean the name of 'Muhammad', just as no sane reader would mistake 'do·v·di' for 'david'. If you try to force that word into Song of Solomon 5:16 for Muhammad, then you should read the same word as it appears both in 1 Kings 20:6 and Hosea 9:16 - both of which indicate a destruction and not some fancy of your mind!

bilms:
In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to make it Muhammad[b]im[/b].

Sorry, nobody was thinking of Muhammad anywhere when that verse was being written - and that is why it is NOT A NAME but rather a quality describing someone in that verse. Secondly, the 'im' there is the Hebrew word עִם and is used often as a preposition and NOT any so-called addendum to respect muhammad anywhere. The word is variously translated into several English words including against, alike, along, besides, near, toward, etc. To save us the hassles of going through so many terms, just please see this resource again to verify the 'im' for yourself.

bilms:
In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Sorry, nobody took 'altogether lovely' as a translation or transliteration of 'Muhammad', just as nobody mistook 'do·v·di' for 'david' or 'dauda'. Your attempts to muddle up stuff for anyone would only prove most unfavourable to no other person than yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2010
Hahaha, could mean a variety of things indeed.

@bilms: bravo, ka rikitar da su. Hahaha kayi kokari
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2010
Abu Zola:

Hahaha, could mean a variety of things indeed.

@bilms: bravo, ka rikitar da su. Hahaha kayi kokari

Does bilms understand basic Hebrew? grin

Where is the Gospel of Barnabas verse where Muhammad is mentioned by EXACT NAME?
Is Barnabas the author of Song of Solomon?

Bravo indeed - after all the noise and yet showing zilch! grin
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Hanoobaba(m): 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2010
Silly idiosyncrasy of religion.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2010
viaro:

Does bilms understand basic Hebrew?  grin

Where is the Gospel of Barnabas verse where Muhammad is mentioned by EXACT NAME?
Is Barnabas the author of Song of Solomon?

Bravo indeed - after all the noise and yet showing zilch! grin
U just hit d nail on d head.I taught i was going to find MOHAMMAD in d bible,but no.These muslims sha.Only God will save their soul
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2010
@VIARO- bilms had diffuse ur err in ruin, since you are not a student of literature i would have i love to vividly quote it for you in the Gospel of Barnabas for a novice like you. I have my own copy of the book. If you are interested then open a thread
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2010
Abu Zola:

@VIARO- bilms had diffuse your err in ruin,

Please where did he do that? grin
Where did he ever quote a single verse from the Gospel of Barnabas?
Wasn't he just an errand boy who was confusing Barnabas for Solomon?
Did he ever try to post any verse from Barnabas where Muhammad was mentioned by EXACT NAME - or Muslims today have become so confused that they no longer know the name of their own prophet?

Please Abu-zozo, viaro is not ready to laugh all night, please eh? grin

since you are not a student of literature i would have i love to vividly quote it for you in the Gospel of Barnabas for a novice like you. I have my own copy of the book. If you are interested then open a thread
Please just post it here and save us all this noise.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by skyone(m): 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2010
@viaro

The poster is drunk and you could be waisting your time for a long time trying to persuade him to give you the answer.
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 9:10pm On Jan 31, 2010
^^^ Lol, I already guess so - but I sometimes like to kid these guys on their own terms. wink
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2010
Laugh at ur ignorance you mean
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2010
Abu Zola:

Laugh at your ignorance you mean
Abuzolala, u ve stolen my post,where is it
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by afiq(m): 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2010
Islam was founded by playboy womanizer jihadist mohammad lol
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2010
'whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers' Quran 3:85
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 01, 2010
Abu Zola:

'whoever  seeks  a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him   and in the Hereafter  he will be among the losers' Quran 3:85
Tell this to NL atheist&Satanist dat doesnt biliv in God,so dey can repent&not be losers
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by bilms(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2010
Why all d insult and abuse?

just for opening a thread for reasonable arguement.

wow, i dont mean to hurt anybodies feelings but create a thread for trashing out what u know nothing about, but i can see that ur soul and body reject it,

so peace
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by viaro: 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2010
bilms:

wow, i dont mean to hurt anybodies feelings but create a thread for trashing out what u know nothing about, but i can see that your soul and body reject it,

We've trashed out what you had no clues about. The lie has been rejected, because Song of Solomon was not referring to Muhammad at all anywhere. Up until now, you have not posted that verse from the Gospel of Barnabas that mentions Muhammad by EXACT NAME. We have shown you here that the Song of Solomon is not the same thing as the Gospel of Barnabas.

Why did you post a dubious title in the first place? undecided
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 02, 2010
skyone:

@viaro

The poster is drunk and you could be waisting your time for a long time trying to persuade him to give you the answer.

do you mean wasting
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by AbuZola3(m): 7:08am On Feb 02, 2010
And the tilapia fish talk in babel. Lol
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by Nezan(m): 9:56am On Feb 02, 2010
I just wonder why muslims are always desparately trying to justify their fake prophet from the Bible . . . . BTW, mohammed cannot justify his prophecy without forcing himself into the Bible he claimed was corrupt? cheesy
Re: Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas by muhsin(m): 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2010
Typical of you, Nezan.

BTW, long time no see; how u day?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South African Pastor Feeds Church Members Engine Oil (photos) / 12-Year-Old Lesbian At Bishop Daniel Obinim's Church For Deliverance (Video, Pic / Should I Be Worried Seeing Dead People In My Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.