Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila (661 Views)

5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays / Four Important Things Buhari Said During 2016 Budget Signing / The 2016 Budget: Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila by Jahelastic(m): 6:51am On Feb 15, 2016
Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Hon Femi Gbajabiamila, has appealed to Nigerians not to blame President Muhammadu Buhari for the 2016 budget controversy, but to hold civil servants liable.

Speaking at his office in Abuja while receiving leaders of the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, Gbajabiamila said, “I’m going to absolve the President, but I’m not going to absolve the people that put it in.

Why I absolved the President, I will tell you.

“The job was done by civil servants, it has always been done by them.

“The President does not sit in a ministry, he doesn’t know what’s going on there or what they need or do not need.

“The argument will be that the buck stops at his desk and he must take responsibility, I agree with that.

But the point is that he delegated responsibilities.

Under the constitution, he has the right to delegate his work to ministers.

And he delegated the issue of budget and planning to the minister of Budget and Planning,” Gbajabiamila said.

http://jahelastic..com.ng/2016/02/2016-budget-crisis-why-nigerians-should.html?m=0

Re: 2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila by Mrfahaz(m): 6:53am On Feb 15, 2016
so he didn't go through the budget before presenting it ........that budget should just be represented......
Re: 2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila by Niyeal(m): 6:54am On Feb 15, 2016
2nd to read and comment
Re: 2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila by datola: 6:54am On Feb 15, 2016
In essence, we should blame the minister of budget and planning and by extension the civil servants.

The blame should start from the president and follows down.
Re: 2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila by Scarcitato(m): 7:25am On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmmmmm fish is smelling here oooo
Re: 2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila by ladyF(f): 7:35am On Feb 15, 2016
What exactly is happening with this budget? Everybody is to blame abeg.
Re: 2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila by Jahelastic(m): 7:44am On Feb 15, 2016
The President can not personally read the whole of that budget, he gat to read some part and give other parts out for him people to read it.
Re: 2016 Budget Crisis: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Buhari – Gbajabiamila by fredosky111(m): 11:42am On Feb 15, 2016
They should blame GEJ..

(1) (Reply)

MOTIVATIONAL: Your's May Not Be Like Olajumoke, Identify People Who Count / God's Supremacy / CONTACT US FOR YOUR PROFFESION FREIGHT FORWARDING AND CLEARING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.