Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna (22950 Views)

Pupils Being Fed On Pieces Of Paper In Kano - #School Feeding Programme (Video) / School Feeding Program In Niger State: See What Pupils Were Fed / FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by sambisaman: 7:57am On Feb 15, 2016
Reactions have trailed the school feeding exercise being executed by the Kaduna state government.

The feeding program for primary school pupils in the state was launched on January 19 by the state governor, Nasir El-Rufai.

Some had severely criticised the exercise, labeling it as a deliberate attempt by Governor El-Rufai to score curious political points.

However, Parents in Kaduna have been reacting otherwise to the free school feeding recently introduced by the state government.

In an interview ith pressmen, a cobbler, Kabiru Abu, said the free feeding program for primary school children has taken off the burden of providing school meal for his three children.

Abu who works at the popular Sati market, Badarawa area of Kaduna, said his three children attend LGEA primary school in Badarawa.

“Let me tell you that this feeding program is not for the children only, it is also for us who are parents in the state,” he said.

“I’m a cobbler who barely makes between 1000 and 1500 naira a day and I have three school children.

“Before now they will come to me every day in the market to collect money for break during school hours.

“Sometimes I do borrow to give them N20 each, but now that has been taking care of by the state government through the school feeding program.”

The cobbler further spoke of his children’s joy for the program.

He said: “For me, it is like taking care of one big responsibility for five days. Every morning they do not wait for their mother to give them food anymore because they know that at 10 a.m. they will be fed in the school.

“One amazing thing that is happening now is how the children are getting more committed to learning. Any time I return home from the market, they are always in a rush to show me something they learnt from school which has never been so.

“Apart from taking off the burden of breakfast for me, my wife no longer wakes up in a rush every morning to prepare something for the children to eat or drink before they leave for school,” he said.

When asked if the government also provides school uniform and books for his children, he said: “Not yet but I have trust in this government and I am sure they will soon do that.”

“You can see that virtually all the schools in Kaduna are witnessing massive transformation. More classroom blocks are being built and renovations is taking place all over the state and the feeding of course, books is not going to be a problem, I am sure about that,” Abu noted.

Premium Times reports that One of Abu’s wards said he is happy he does not need to go to his father’s work place to get money to buy food in school anymore.

“We do not come to Baba again because we eat well in the school and we are happy about that. They serve us with rice and beans, moi-moi, yam and egg,” the primary four pupil said.

Another parent, Zainab Sani, said she does not believe any program could benefit the poor in Kaduna better than the feeding program.

The widow who resides in Kakuri area of Kaduna, said: “This program came at the right time.”

“I have two children who are all in primary two and my problem has always been how to provide feeding at break time.

“I am a tailor and have been struggling to provide for my orphans. My two children, Hafsat and Balki, will always return home during classes to say its break time that they need food. Sometimes they will not return to school that day again,” she said.

She said the situation has changed since the Kaduna government began the feeding program.

“They are always in school now and will only return during closing time. It is a great initiative by the government,” she added.

Another mother, Rebecca Bitrus, said her only child, Usman, who attends LGEA school on Aliyu Makama road, Barnawa, has been returning home happy since the program began; talking about the food they are given in school.

“And for me I have no reason to worry for what to give him every morning to take to school again,” she said.

Meanwhile, there have been some cases of misappropriation since the scheme began. Barely six days after the scheme began, a senior education official in Zaria Local Government was suspended.

According to a report by Dr Shehu Adamu, the state’ Commissioner for Education Science and Technology, an unnamed official was suspended over alleged misconduct with money for vendors.
-
https://www.naij.com/730388-amazing-read-el-rufais-school-feeding-programme-causing-kaduna.html/feed/atom

4 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by INTROVERT(f): 7:58am On Feb 15, 2016
Ok
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by joseph1832(m): 8:03am On Feb 15, 2016
Its nice El Rufai is doing this, at least its better than sharing 2cups of rice to people just to win election.

#stomach_infrastructure

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by ayoncox: 8:05am On Feb 15, 2016
FP 4 SURE,RIDE ON PROGRESSIVE ELRUFAI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Mynd44: 8:14am On Feb 15, 2016
The goals of he school feeding program goes beyond he students (and parents) who are the target recipient but also an economic drive.

Each school has someone preparing the food, that person will buy firewood, employ people to cook and serve, buy foodstuff from the local market etc.

This in its own will ensure that funds trickle down to people and employment is generated.

I just hope they ensure that they plan the funding well to avoid running into snags in the end

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Mutuwa(m): 8:14am On Feb 15, 2016
Impressive.

2 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by drss(m): 8:18am On Feb 15, 2016
d most useless gov in d zoo.

12 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Elosky20: 8:21am On Feb 15, 2016
Some have food but cannot eat, Some can eat but have no food, We have food and we can eat, Glory be to you oh lord.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by yaqq: 8:21am On Feb 15, 2016
Nigeria is so full of corrupt people sabotaging d effort of d. govt! food 4 d poor is another person source of stealing!

7 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by BeardedMeat(m): 8:25am On Feb 15, 2016
Almajiri and food handouts are like siamese twins. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by dulux07(m): 8:49am On Feb 15, 2016
This life. Jst do ur best n let the haters continue wailing, cos u cant please everyone, even Jesus was unable to.

2 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Ecoterrorism(f): 9:09am On Feb 15, 2016
The last time Osun state fed school children they ended up having 40million naira as their allocation

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by AsianTotal: 9:13am On Feb 15, 2016
Elosky20:
Some have food but cannot eat, Some can eat but have no food, We have food and we can eat, Glory be to you oh lord.

Some have food but cannot eat, Some can eat but have no food, We have food and we can eat, Glory be to you oh lord. Oh God Bless This Food For Christ Sake Amen!

Did you by any chance attended nursery school in Benin City?

7 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Elosky20: 9:15am On Feb 15, 2016
AsianTotal:

Some have food but cannot eat, Some can eat but have no food, We have food and we can eat, Glory be to you oh lord. Oh God Bless This Food For Christ Sake Amen!

Did you by any chance attended nursery school in Benin City?
no. in benue state
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by LoveMachine(m): 9:16am On Feb 15, 2016
This is what I needed to start my week. It's nice to hear people getting help when they need it. The young shall grow!

2 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by eddyslim(m): 9:47am On Feb 15, 2016
Anyhow them want do am, make em do... E no concern me
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by lonelydora: 9:47am On Feb 15, 2016
Is food our problem in Nigeria? Ranging from killing various animals which ends up in the pot to feeding the children in the school. Well, we dey watch.

#justthinking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:49am On Feb 15, 2016
Mynd44:
The goals of he school feeding program goes beyond he students (and parents) who are the target recipient but also an economic drive.

Each school has someone preparing the food, that person will buy firewood, employ people to cook and serve, buy foodstuff from the local market etc.

This in its own will ensure that funds trickle down to people and employment is generated.

I just hope they ensure that they plan the funding well to avoid running into snags in the end
MYND44, MY GOD THEY SEE YOU

3 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by kennyman2000(m): 9:49am On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 15, 2016
Free feeding of the indigent is only a short term measure.

4 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by alicebay12: 9:50am On Feb 15, 2016
He is a time waster....

3 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Splashme: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2016
aws
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Dindondin(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2016
One child one family policy should start asap in northern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by ngoziama: 9:55am On Feb 15, 2016
sambisaman:

-
https://www.naij.com/730388-amazing-read-el-rufais-school-feeding-programme-causing-kaduna.html/feed/atom

Thumbs up El rufai.no child can ever concentrate on an empty stomach so it is a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2016
Mynd44:

u just they ban my account anyhow abi "porrigeyam" ...well done.... just no do mistake enter mainland. Have a nice day angry grin

11 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by MzPecs(f): 9:57am On Feb 15, 2016
When asked if the government also provides school uniform and books for his children, he said: “Not yet but I have trust in this government and I am sure they will soon do that.”
Celebrating mediocrity! undecided undecided

They're eating food in school without textbooks, don't tell me these schools have been turned to an eatery. grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by ohiza: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2016
Awww

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Jos Suspends Benedicta Daudu Who Was Caught Cheating / Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University / Whatsapp Group For Jamb 2015/2016 and your university stats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.