Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State (17257 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages / Hilarious Conversation Between Airtel Customer Care And A Customer (audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by lereinter(m): 10:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
mosho2good:
Airtel worst network in Nigerian Tanx to almighty glo

thats a lie. glo has be illegally deducting my 50 naira. on every 100 naira i load everytime i call them they tell me they ve resolve it stil it still happens.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by silasm: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
I've always had a positive experience with Airtel. That customer care rep is just a bad egg. It's hasty concluding so quickly because of one bad experience.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Tayejean: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Good evening akocce, before I go on my apologies for such a service. I am the retail showroom manager for makurdi Jeanmarie momoh and I would like to make my sincere apology towards the attitude shown. This is unacceptable within the AirTel conduct and not heard of from a service agent. In the course of correction and resolution, I would like your full name; phone number; date you were attended to and the agent or description of the agent that attended to. It is essential that we know that AirTel will not condole such character to our customer. Once again my apologies. Please you can send the details to 08022225788. I await your response sir.

2 Likes

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by minasota(f): 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tayejean:
Good evening akocce, before I go on my apologies for such a service. I am the retail showroom manager for makurdi Jeanmarie momoh and I would like to make my sincere apology towards the attitude shown. This is unacceptable within the AirTel conduct and not heard of from a service agent. In the course of correction and resolution, I would like your full name; phone number; date you were attended to and the agent or description of the agent that attended to. It is essential that we know that AirTel will not condole such character to our customer. Once again my apologies. Please you can send the details to 08022225788. I await your response sir.
You work with airtel? that's good.abeg show me luv 08084150504.......I'll be waiting
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by pareto(m): 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
I can only liken Airtel staff to the Nigeria police man or a nurse in a public health centre.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Aleora(f): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yu dey complain airtel se??come Eco bank u go c d meaning of saucy,very rude set of people

2 Likes

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Enykings(m): 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ijaya123:
So people still buy airtel lines?

Airtel be like Eco bank. I assure you, there are no companies more useless.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Chomsky1967(f): 11:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
NigerianSHA:
Well, you could have been pissing them off too...Tech support have to deal with lots of bullshitt on a daily basis, so quit your whining.
Are you for real? They should quit if they can't deal, it's their job for pete's sake! I never thought I'd say this but "nobody help them apply for the job o." customer care requires patience, if you don't have it don't do It
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by piagetskinner(m): 12:01am On Feb 16, 2016
Lanyog322:
Poor customer service can be so annoying

These guys are humans like u and I.... They get pissed off as well. From the guys story, I think he wasn't entirely truthful about how he approached the matter
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Tayejean: 6:14am On Feb 16, 2016
Good evening sir, before I go on my apologies for such a service. I am the retail showroom manager for makurdi Jeanmarie momoh and I would like to make my sincere apology towards that attitude shown to you.This is unacceptable within the AirTel conduct and it is in heard of from a service agent. In the course for correction and resolution, I would like to have your full name; phone number; date you were attended to and the agent or description of the agent that attended to you. It is essential that we know that AirTel does not condole such character towards our customers. Once again my sincere apologies. Please you can send the details to 08022225788. I await your response sir.

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by DedeNkem: 6:41am On Feb 16, 2016
....I believe that customers should b treated with more respect than this

Well, not in Nigeria. Companies in Nigeria can do anything they want and still get away with it after bribing corrupt officials.

Nigerians are used to getting bad services and products, so they don't care, which is terrible!

Every Nigerian is responsible for the total mess in this country. Change comes from the bottom to the top, not the other way round!
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Umamman(m): 6:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Find a way to lodge ur complain to NCC, dt is d only to get ur MB back.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 16, 2016
i dey enjoy my mtn sim o. for calls and airtel too. 11kb/sec on both sims. the american dream. . .oh lets be real, the nigerian tarrif plan
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by atoleybaba(m): 6:58am On Feb 16, 2016
akocce:
Rude Attitude Of Airtel Customer Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State

I don't know if anybody in makurdi has gone through the harrowing experience that Airtel Nigeria has put me through in the past week... I bought an airtel sim from their retail people who go about with these "Droids" (as they call them), I paid for the sim and he registered it. I then did the blackberry complete monthly subscription on the said sim, only for the sim to stop working the next day...

I called 111 and the customer care guy said the sim wasn't registered. The next day, I went to their office in Makurdi where I was told that there wasn't anything that could be done other than to do a "welcome back" for the sim. After the welcome back, the subscription did not come up...

I went back to complain, and the customer care lady I met told me that there was nothing she could do. When I persisted, she said that she doesn't "eat MB" and that I was disturbing her. Some people who came to buy their lines left when they overheard me complaining. Then she was like I had made people who wanted to patronize them leave... I left the office empty-handed, And up till now, I have not heard from airtel despite calling them like three times!

I believe that customers should b treated with more respect than this
ask for d manager get d girl's name threaten to report her and cause drama in drew office as much as possible
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 16, 2016
buh i knw airtel customer care to be nice, and sweet. . . they are always happy. unlike mtn, they sound depressed.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Kewt: 6:59am On Feb 16, 2016
@OP, I sympathise with you.

Me too I have a similar problem which I am yet to solve. I opened a thread but it's yet to attract attention.

https://www.nairaland.com/2924358/terrible-experience-airtel-customer-care#42961699

Terrible experience with Airtel customer care

I had 15003MB (15Gig) as at 08-02-16 on my android phone with number 08027788177 and was online at about 08:30 when the data connection suddenly went off.

Initially I thought it was the usual network fluctuation and felt it will be restored after some minutes as usual but waited to no avail. After some hours without solution, I restarted the phone with a view to resetting it but to no avail.

I called a friend whom I introduced to Airtel data bundle in my neighborhood and asked if he was connected to which he answered in the affirmative. I became more concerned after I inserted another Airtel SIM on my phone and it worked perfectly including the data connection.

At about 10:15, I decided to call Airtel customer care line to complain of the problem I was experiencing on my line. The customer care attendant guy that picked listened to my complaints, asked a few questions and claimed he ran a check on my line and that everything was fine. He gave me some information to be imputed in the username, password and APN section of my phone which I did immediately. He advised that I switched off my phone and put it on again and that all will be fine. I did as instructed immediately but the line still did not connect.

I took the torturous part of calling customer care again. The customer care attendant that attended to me this time took me through the same process and asked the same questions to which I provided answers. Then he said the application on which he could check my line was not available. He however promised to forward my case to some technical dept where they may need to work on my line. He promised that the line will be up soonest or within 17hours.

I was neither satisfied nor convinced with the 17 hour resolution timeline so the next morning, I went to Airtel shop located at Yakubu Gowon road in Kaduna. I waited in the queue for close to 2 hours and was attended to by one Titilayo. She asked for my android phone after I explained the problem to her. She fondled with the phone and even inserted my SIM in her phone to which it had the same problem.

After battling with it for several minutes and in what seemed like a resignation to fate, she took details of the line and promised to forward same to their technical dept.

After my visit to Airtel office at Yakubu Gowon road Kaduna I have called customer care several times yet the tale has been same: Software to be used to run a check on my line is down, I should call back later.

It’s now well over 7 days since my line went off yet there are no signs that this case is been attended to, neither has any official reason been given for the strange disconnection as the customer care attendants I had spoken with seemed obviously helpless.
With over 15,000MB (15Gig) on my line 08027788177 and as someone who spends a minimum of N5,000 in the last 2 years on data monthly, I feel I deserve better treatment than what I am currently getting from Airtel.

If the “CHANGE” we desperately crave for in Nigeria is to see the light of day, our corporate organizations must learn NOT to take their customers for granted and regulatory agencies should be up and doing in mete-ing out sanctions to erring companies.

I hereby use this medium to appeal to Airtel to resolve this case as it seems it’s beyond the capability of their customer care team.
Thanks in anticipation.

Cc Lalasticala
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by ajumma(m): 8:00am On Feb 16, 2016
AIRTEL RE BIG TIME THIEVES.....IT ALSO HAPPEN TO ME IN JOS ...MY DATA WAS WIPE OUT WHEN I COMPLAINED, THEY SAID THEY VE NO RECORD OF MY TRANSACTION.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by AriDsexy(f): 9:25am On Feb 16, 2016
martyns303:
This guy hasn't told the entire truth, he gave the event of what happened in his favour. The first to complain is always regarded as the truth until the second party counters him.

It's garbage in garbage out, with the way you are ranting here, one can only imagine how you would have acted at their office, "customer should be treated with more respect" it's not a justification for you to act rudely and expect a yea sir.

With your precious data, you must have gone their barking without trying to be rational. I have a friend who called MTN to complain how they are deducting his credit, he was just yelling at the customer care agent, from the response of the agent, u could tell she is pissed but managing to maintain her cool. I took the phone from him and apologized, then I asked her to check if there are subscriptions that are deducting airtime and to opt out, turns out dude subscribed to callertunze and a lot of stuffs.

Approach is everything. So bros tell us what really happened from the angle of a bystander.

Your mum brought u up well.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by ronaldbecky(m): 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
wristbangle:
The only airtel sim I bought, I did not use it more than a week.

I became very angry owing to their epileptic network connection as I broke the SIM on 3rd mainland bridge and threw it inside the lagoon.

Thank God for GLO and ETISALAT.

EmptyHen don join league of useless network undecided
lolz nt only mainlaind bridge, u wod av gone 2 lndian ocean

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by ronaldbecky(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
MogajiSule:
Oh, airtel poor for every aspects except for Internet service
yeah. yeah dont mind him
.i used both sim.airtel 4 browsin mtn 4 call.
no line s perfect..no naija that havent complain abt his/her line
i tink he is greedy..op abeg no b by force 2 use line.biko
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by ronaldbecky(m): 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
thefakestan:
How does this affect the price of. Garri in the market?

ThefakeStan
even if it affect d price of Garri n d markt
una go still talk..waiting...
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by vanessakhay: 12:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
lifezone247:

I'm telling you, one network wey change name 5 times, like olosho. From econet to Vodafone, to vmobile Zain and now airtel, what do u expect?
you forgot go include celtel.

1 Like

Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by vanessakhay: 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
ronaldbecky:
lolz nt only mainlaind bridge, u wod av gone 2 lndian ocean
I concur.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by joey150(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dude dont buy sim from dose roadside guys...anything roadside dont do it.

Even opening accounts..it always has strings attached
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by berbajiday(m): 7:52am On Feb 17, 2016
[u r so on point sir, I work as a customer service rep too and I knw how it feels when pple start shouting n won't even listen to u so dt u can educate dem, quite frustrating, dia r 2sides to a story, it's very possible to recharge an unreg line and sub on it but u myt be unable to use it, all I knw is dia culd av been some clauses dt d OP was told but never mentioned. No customer service rep is allowed to be rude(ive colleagues dt av lost dia job via dt means) so it's not sumfn we joke with pls! quote author=martyns303 post=42951594]This guy hasn't told the entire truth, he gave the event of what happened in his favour. The first to complain is always regarded as the truth until the second party counters him.

It's garbage in garbage out, with the way you are ranting here, one can only imagine how you would have acted at their office, "customer should be treated with more respect" it's not a justification for you to act rudely and expect a yea sir.

With your precious data, you must have gone their barking without trying to be rational. I have a friend who called MTN to complain how they are deducting his credit, he was just yelling at the customer care agent, from the response of the agent, u could tell she is pissed but managing to maintain her cool. I took the phone from him and apologized, then I asked her to check if there are subscriptions that are deducting airtime and to opt out, turns out dude subscribed to callertunze and a lot of stuffs.

Approach is everything. So bros tell us what really happened from the angle of a bystander.[/quote]
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by akocce(m): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2016
NigerianSHA:
Well, you could have been pissing them off too...Tech support have to deal with lots of bullshitt on a daily basis, so quit your whining.
are u serious right now? may be I should not have complained dat I paid for a service I aint getting?
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by akocce(m): 8:11am On Feb 17, 2016
hakinze00:
wetin u find reach airtel gan sf? Deir ntwrk is not reliable.nxt tym u shud ve waited for @ least 24hrs b4 subscribing 2 any of data on a new sim
I actually waited more Dan 24hrs...
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by akocce(m): 8:21am On Feb 17, 2016
martyns303:
This guy hasn't told the entire truth, he gave the event of what happened in his favour. The first to complain is always regarded as the truth until the second party counters him.

Approach is everything. So bros tell us what really happened from the angle of a bystander.
it's funny u will say this... I neva raised my voice in there... I didn't complain wen I was told a welcome back would solve d issue, and I'm a rude person. I got annoyed wen she kept saying she could do nothing, wen I asked her to refer me to somebody who could, she said no one could... funny enough, I'm still using d line for my BlackBerry subscription! glo is actually worse here. they have been off since yesterday afternoon. and besides, I'm actually a shy person. a lot of courage comes with d anonymity of posting stuff here... 4 me, that is
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2016
piagetskinner:

These guys are humans like u and I.... They get pissed off as well. From the guys story, I think he wasn't entirely truthful about how he approached the matter
They are not patient that's the summary of the whole thing
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by akocce(m): 8:24am On Feb 17, 2016
temmyt20:
pm me, lemme av ur number, and lemme kno what rly u mean
by it stopped working....did network go off d sim or what,
it went off d sim... anyway, since glo was off since yesterday afternoon, I had 2 return to dem
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by akocce(m): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2016
Yewandequeen:
U might have pissed her off to the extent of her saying she doesn't eat mb.
Not a justification though but most times customers ain't even patient enough to allow them do their job.
U can tweet airtel on twitter as suggested
actually she was pissed off cos according 2 her people dat came 2 buy a fone and sim @ her left.
Re: Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State by akocce(m): 8:33am On Feb 17, 2016
Unseen:
@Op
On Airtel Network, BB subscriptions don't cross over after a sim swap because the serial number of the old and new sim are not the same. What the Airtel staff was meant to do was just a simple BB swap. that is to swap the bb plan from the o old sim to new sim.

But the question is. Did you explain to her that you did a sim swap?
she actually did d sim swap... and I told her I had subscription on it beforehand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Free Internet Calls To Any Country + Within Nigeria / Post Pins Of Stolen Blackberry Phones Here / Apple Confirms Iphone 8 Is Making A Crackling Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.