Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers (7252 Views)

Nnamdi Ezeigbo’s Mother Kidnapped (SLOT MD) / Lady Who Wrote JAMB Kidnapped In Kano After Her Examination. Photos / Mother Kidnapped In Front Of Her Daughters In Festac, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by robosky02(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
The 85-year-old mother of Dr Austin Tam-George, the Rivers state commissioner for information and communications, has been kidnapped by masked gunmen from her hometown today.

Dr Austin Tam-George hails from Okrika, in Okrika Local Government area of Rivers state.

Details of the kidnap was sketchy at the time of filing this report.

However, Oriye St Franklin, special adviser to Governor Nyesom Wike on social media confirmed the kidnap in his post on social media asking for the old woman’s release.

There are speculation that politics is the reason for the kidnap following the persistent criticism of the past administration in Rivers State by her son who is the Information Commissioner.

The Kidnappers are yet to make any contact with the Family.

Dr Tam-George today sent out a press statement castigating Prof Itse Sagay for taking a swipe at the Supreme Court over Wike’s victory at the Supreme Court.

https://www.naij.com/730303-breaking-gunmen-kidnap-commissioners-mother-port-harcourt.html

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ok..but PDP won the State after all.

I remember he worked as a lecturer and once had a face off with Prof Soyinka recently. Who could be responsible for the spate of kidnapping in south south region of Nigeria?

This region has been under the control of PDP since the end of colonialisation in Nigeria and apartheid in South Africa.

Where is lalalasticlala sef undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by chriskosherbal(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmm that's a bad one
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by EHMIR(m): 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Hmmm that's a bad one
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by robosky02(m): 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
Confirming the incident, Commissioner for Information and Communications, said, “Yes, my mother was kidnapped on her way from Church, at about 8.55pm, on Saturday. She is 85 years old and her name is Patience.

“I am appealing to her abductors to release my mother unhurt to the family. My mother is a harmless woman. My mother, Patience, is 85 years old. My mother cannot hurt anyone. She had gone to Church as she has done for years to pray and worship God.”

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, Ahmad Kadiya Muhammad, confirmed that the command received information about the abduction of a woman in Okrika on Saturday night.

Muhamnmad however said the information given to the Police did not suggest that the victim is the mother of the state commissioner for Information and Communications.

He said, “There was a reported kidnapping case of a woman at Okrika to the Police but she is not the mother of the personality you said. Efforts are on to safely rescue the victim.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/14/mother-of-rivers-information-commissioner-kidnapped/
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by yemajiteru(m): 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
Aaah
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by cutetopsey(f): 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by ahmadmuazu5(m): 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
chai always Rivers

let me tell you something Wike is course not blessed to Rivers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by ahmadmuazu5(m): 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
chai always Rivers

2 Likes

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by AprokoMan: 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
APC doing all they can to tarnish wike's image
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by odinese(m): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
AprokoMan:
if you don't know what to write Pls
they can to tarnish wikmage
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by englishmart(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
national cake must go round. Any which way na way

1 Like

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by sotall(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
k
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by ionsman: 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
AprokoMan:

APC doing all they can to tarnish wike's image.

Expected this from dense brains like you....

Everything is politics to you.

I pity you.

2 Likes

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by hemucology(m): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hummm what consern wike on this matter !!!!!!
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by Marvellouzkk(f): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
ok

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by ifychianna(f): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
Cool
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by openmine(m): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
hmmm....the tam-george's mother was kidnapped and this thread is quiet like a graveyard....imagine if Dis had happened 2 dat of an APC member....
Curses and curses wud have been directed @ governor wike....I smell double standard!!

1 Like

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by thefakestan: 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sorry,

NL put her in prayers
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by otokx(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Rivers Again
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by Nathe11: 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
please have you blamed Goodluck Jonathan today!!

1 Like

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by olaolaking: 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
This picture you posted, is it the picture of the kidnappers?
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by centyboy: 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by Fingesi(m): 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
old woman. may God give her strenght to survive the stress and show her mercy,

1 Like

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
That's y I dnt shed tear wen some pple die young, imagine u kidnap an old woman, hw do u expect u urslf to grow old. I pity their wives n children sha cos dis pple can live long

1 Like

Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by HopeAtHand: 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
openmine:
hmmm....the tam-george's mother was kidnapped and this thread is quiet like a graveyard....imagine if Dis had happened 2 dat of an APC member....
Curses and curses wud have been directed @ governor wike....I smell double standard!!

Nobody get PDP time. They just want to be on the news. They can concoct anything to attract unnecessary sympathy.
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Boys need money to celebrate Wike's victory
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by searay2(m): 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
Amaechi and Dakuku 2 prime suspect
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by Trendishine: 12:49am On Feb 16, 2016
wike ooo, wike eee , what is goin on in river state.. u should start exercising control n stop, over all these madness.. the celebration is over..are u not aware that this is a big test to know the kind of human being river state is having as a governor?...ambode has started policing lagos vigorously, obiano is not taking any shit from criminal elements..u , you are still celebrating court judgement..o,boy use ur head o..ur popularity wld soon fall b4 ur eyes like a pack of card.. and by then its goin to be very devastating 4 you..dnt let this criminal elements bring you 2 shame...u shld start showing reasons why u are there, this responsibility now should change you...its time to maintain integrals..remember efcc is waiting, with metal teeth n flaming eyes....
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by speak2leo(m): 1:23am On Feb 16, 2016
ahmadmuazu5:
chai always Rivers

which course of Study Pls?? Law, Medicine Or Engineering, so we can study him to pass.?
U just borrowed phone to expose ur backwardness. smdh.
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by wink2015(m): 3:11am On Feb 16, 2016
It is high time the death penalty is imposed in Nigeria for kidnapping for ransom and other related offences.
Re: Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers by ahmadmuazu5(m): 6:19am On Feb 16, 2016
speak2leo:

which course of Study Pls?? Law, Medicine Or Engineering, so we can study him to pass.?
U just borrowed phone to expose ur backwardness. smdh.
Just because you used to borrow you think anybody is like that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Among Two Arrested For Cocaine & Heroin Trafficking In India / My House Boy Impregnated All My Daughters, Help Me! / Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.