Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

I Am Losing My Mind Right Now - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Losing My Mind Right Now (1936 Views)

Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience / I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 9:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hi Nairalanders,

My heart is in great pains and I don't know what to do, I am a mini Importer and I have been selling my Goods here on Nairaland.

Presently I facing a challenge I don't know how to handle, last year November I sent money to my friend elder brother that has been helping me out with purchase and shipment of my Goods, he is such a big help that many a time he will pack my Goods inside his container without charging me for it, infact him and God brought me this far in life. The sad part started last year November when I sold all my Goods on clearance and ask him to help me buy three power Bike, monitors and other goods, after paying the money into his account, he called me that the account has been blocked Because of BVN, I asked him to go to Toronto for the BVN but, he said such journey will cost him $1000 or more and his not willing to spend such.

The issue that this money can not be pulled by him and that leaves my flat on my back without any goods or money to offset my expenses, he said whenever his in Nigeria he will do the BVN and the worst Is that he does not even know when his coming to Nigeria. I have expenses, my mom has glaucoma which has destroyed 79% of her eyes, she is on four eye drop(Xalatan, Timolo, Trusopt and Aphagan), she need to visit her Doctor often to make sure her Eye pressure Is controlled. She also have another doctor that take care of her BP and the complications that comes with old age not to talk of arthritis and the drugs for it. To be honest am In a fix and I don't know how to handle this, I dont even have 100k-200k to hustle with pending when God answers my prayers and he visit Naija again and my mom appointment with her BP Doctor is today which we have missed already.

I seriously need Nairalanders advice and modes could help by moving it to FP.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by Kenzico(m): 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
Eeeh yaaah!!! I bear with u my broda! As long as there is life....there's still hope. This your friend I just hope he's not about to RUIN u!
Am just thinking
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by yvelchstores(f): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by Eebrahym(m): 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
This is serious o as in right now I don't even know what to say.

Have u spoken to your friend to help speak to his brother or his close relatives you know?
Are you sure this your friend's bro hasn't scammed you, Are you really sure he has BVN issues or he has used your money for some business that is not yielding?
How often does he come to Nigeria to the best of your knowledge before Nigeria became a no go country for him?

Your mother's health is my major concern, even if he comes to Nigeria tomorrow, how easy do you think you can get the money from him

In my own opinion, I strongly believe bros has scammed you or used your money for business if not, only callous being will hear your story and not be moved. Try seek financial help, Borrow if you can. Save mama and God will make it easy for you.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by mployer(m): 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
kidnap your friends mother and tell them if their son doesn't come back in 1week, you will kill the woman....or kidnap your friend..,just kidnap somebody....the world responds very fast to threat.
desperate times calls for desperate measures..
dalu!
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
mployer:
Your story doesn't add up.

* You are a mini importer yet you are ordering 3 power bikes. That isn't mini importation.

* Your friends brother is into importation too, yet he doesn't know when he is coming back to Nigeria.

* what are we supposed to do with your mother's story? Are you seeking business advice or financial assistance? Be specific.
my mother's part is the fix right now, Regarding mini importation, any person that cant afford to load a full container is a mini Importer, pls note that.

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by Pineapp: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Expensive eyedrops up there.
Xalatan alone costs 5000.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Kenzico:
Eeeh yaaah!!! I bear with u my broda! As long as there is life....there's still hope. This your friend I just hope he's not about to RUIN u!
Am just thinking
to be honest I don't know what to think, I am keeping the elder brother benefit of doubt, I left Nysc with a saving of 125k and his been instrumental getting me here, I own everything to him and God. My friend has called his brother many times in my presence on speak, the last discussion we had he promise to send give laptops to me to be managing with pending when he will visit Naija, the issue again is that he has not put a date to the agreement.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=yvelchstores post=42954857 [/quote]toooo many kids on nairaland this days... PLS check my profile here and go through all my thread I created and I will see for your self.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 9:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
Eebrahym:
This is serious o as in right now I don't even know what to say.

Have u spoken to your friend to help speak to his brother or his close relatives you know?
Are you sure this your friend's bro hasn't scammed you, Are you really sure he has BVN issues or he has used your money for some business that is not yielding?
How often does he come to Nigeria to the best of your knowledge before Nigeria became a no go country for him?

Your mother's health is my major concern, even if he comes to Nigeria tomorrow, how easy do you think you can get the money from him

In my own opinion, I strongly believe bros has scammed you or used your money for business if not, only callous being will hear your story and not be moved. Try seek financial help, Borrow if you can. Save mama and God will make it easy for you.

to be honest with u, too many questions are going through my head, last year he said he will come for Xmas but, did not make it, his goods(containers) are always coming in every month. We offloaded his container last week with his younger brother my Good old friend. He still calls me to assure me that all is well just that he need time. The last time his brother called him in my presence he promised to send laptops for me but, he failed to mentioned when he will do that.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
DDeliverer:
kidnap your friends mother and tell them if their son doesn't come back in 1week, you will kill the woman....or kidnap your friend..,just kidnap somebody....the world responds very fast to threat.
desperate times calls for desperate measures..
dalu!
Dalu my Brother but, it has not come to that. The young brother was my secondary school and university home boi, he has my back that why after Nysc he called his brother for my sake, how many people do u think can do that for a friend these days?, I will still need his brothers help after this storm so I can't harm them.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
Pineapp:
Expensive eyedrops up there.
Xalatan alone costs 5000.

that's my problem ooo... All this eye drops are expensive and I need her not to go blind on me.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
Your case needs Divine intervention and drastic measure as well.

Modified.

Even without having done BVN people still receive account transaction alerts, don't they? If the person in question acknowledged receipt of the money via alert, unless he has done something unusual with your money, his conscience would have pricked him to at least use from his accessible cash to send you some of the goods you requested pending when he can access the frozen funds in his account. This is a simple, natural action.

Out of pressure he promises with no definite date? Exasperating! Since you both were regularly doing transactions, why didn't he hint you on time that the said account had become inaccessible to him? Contrastly, did you inform him before you transferred money to the account? If you didn't, a bigger chunk of blame falls on you. You should inform people before transferring huge sums of money to their account for your own safety.

How can you get out of this?

If his reluctance persists, you will really have to set aside the sentiments of "he has been very good to me" by pushing harder for your money. You shouldn't grind to a halt because of one man's inconsideration and lack of empathy. Well your sentiments may not clear off until GOD forbid your mother passes simply because you couldn't finance her adequate medical treatment. As you push him using human measures, also do same using prayers. He should become your prayer point every hour. Give his name to as many prayer giants around you. You will certainly get results.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by yvelchstores(f): 12:59am On Feb 16, 2016
o42austino:
toooo many kids on nairaland this days... PLS check my profile here and go through all my thread I created and I will see for your self.
Sorry for that comment. I won't check ur profile. D moment u feel offended abt my comment,I shld apologize.that's just abt it. Since thats not ur motive, all d best then. Regards.

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 5:31am On Feb 16, 2016
yvelchstores:

Sorry for that comment. I won't check ur profile. D moment u feel offended abt my comment,I shld apologize.that's just abt it. Since thats not ur motive, all d best then. Regards.
am also sorry for losing my head on this one, pls accept my apologies.

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 5:41am On Feb 16, 2016
WiseBully:
Your case needs Divine intervention and drastic measure as well.

Modified.

Even without having done BVN people still receive account transaction alerts, don't they? If the person in question acknowledged receipt of the money via alert, unless he has done something unusual with your money, his conscience would have pricked him to at least use from his accessible cash to send you some of the goods you requested pending when he can access the frozen funds in his account. This is a simple, natural action.

Out of pressure he promises with no definite date? Exasperating! Since you both were regularly doing transactions, why didn't he hint you on time that the said account had become inaccessible to him? Contrastly, did you inform him before you transferred money to the account? If you didn't, a bigger chunk of blame falls on you. You should inform people before transferring huge sums of money to their account for your own safety.

How can you get out of this?

If his reluctance persists, you will really have to set aside the sentiments of "he has been very good to me" by pushing harder for your money. You shouldn't grind to a halt because of one man's inconsideration and lack of empathy. Well your sentiments may not clear off until GOD forbid your mother passes simply because you couldn't finance her adequate medical treatment. As you push him using human measures, also do same using prayers. He should become your prayer point every hour. Give his name to as many prayer giants around you. You will certainly get results.

Shalom!
thanks for your comment and it's well appreciated, I knew I was paying in that money, I was the person that asked me to pay it in, his excuse is that it skip his mind that the money will get stocked because of BVN, I know about BVN but, my mind told me since this is the account thus guy receives money he must have done his BVN, presently his receiving money via his friends account.

I just don't know how to press hard on him without damaging or business relationship,that's a big challenge, if I lose him I will deeply find it difficult.

N:B

He acknowledged the receipt of the money in his account,only that he can't pull it out.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by mployer(m): 6:39am On Feb 16, 2016
o42austino:
my mother's part is the fix right now, it not about assistance bro, it about advice. Regarding mini importation, any person that cant afford to load a full container is a mini Importer, pls note that.

don't you know there are container loads that are less expensive than the cost of 3 power bikes?
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 7:59am On Feb 16, 2016
mployer:

don't you know there are container loads that are less expensive than the cost of 3 power bikes?
like what and what pls?
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2016
I dont get your story
If you paid him in Naira, how was he going to buy the goods in the USA? . . . ..In naira? undecided

Logic suggests that he would have bought the goods in $$ and he would use the Naira in Nigeria
So therefore as long as he has confirmation that you paid into his Naira account then he should buy the goods and send them
I think he is just buying time or he cant afford to buy the goods with his own money just yet.

Anyway your mums health is more important so I will suggest that you hustle and look around for the money to treat her as this waiting for this guy may take longer than the time you have available.

In the mean time You need to agree with him ASAP what he will be changing that Naira for otherwise with the falling naira against the dollar he may decide to pay you back at todays rate making your naira a lot less than what it was worth at the time.

Most importantly pray. Pray that he resolves this case quickly. as a business owner you need to pray yourself and your customers so that they dont experience financial hardship cos that will affect you too.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2016
tearoses:
I dont get your story
If you paid him in Naira, how was he going to buy the goods in the USA? . . . ..In naira? undecided

Logic suggests that he would have bought the goods in $$ and he would use the Naira in Nigeria
So therefore as long as he has confirmation that you paid into his Naira account then he should buy the goods and send them
I think he is just buying time or he cant afford to buy the goods with his own money just yet.

Anyway your mums health is more important so I will suggest that you hustle and look around for the money to treat her as this waiting for this guy may take longer than the time you have available.

In the mean time You need to agree with him ASAP what he will be changing that Naira for otherwise with the falling naira against the dollar he may decide to pay you back at todays rate making your naira a lot less than what it was worth at the time.

Most importantly pray. Pray that he resolves this case quickly. as a business owner you need to pray yourself and your customers so that they dont experience financial hardship cos that will affect you too.
he has multiple ATM cards linked to his accounts, he will do multiple withdraws using his cards , after he is done with ATM limits for the day he will start with Pos limit for the day, he will do it days to all transactions are completed.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 16, 2016
o42austino:
he has multiple ATM cards linked to his accounts, he will do multiple withdraws using his cards , after he is done with ATM limits for the day he will start with Pos limit for the day, he will do it days to all transactions are completed.

But if he hasnt been BVN'd he cant use his account
maybe im not understanding you
Anyway call him again and explain to him your mums condition, hopefully that will spur him to do something
in the meantime please look for other means to get the drugs for your mum
very important
God help you
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 10:22am On Feb 16, 2016
tearoses:

But if he hasnt been BVN'd he cant use his account
maybe im not understanding you
Anyway call him again and explain to him your mums condition, hopefully that will spur him to do something
in the meantime please look for other means to get the drugs for your mum
very important
God help you
exactly....he said that the problem is that he cannot access his account because of BVN.
Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
o42austino:
exactly....he said that the problem is that he cannot access his account because of BVN.
Carry ur cross,when u dey chop ur female students as a corp member,they form norsemen,u forgot u would suffer d consequences someday,you should be meeting ur fellow working class members to help you,not nairaland,repent and be free!

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Mind Right Now by o42austino(m): 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Carry ur cross,when u dey chop ur female students as a corp member,they form norsemen,u forgot u would suffer d consequences someday,you should be meeting ur fellow working class members to help you,not nairaland,repent and be free!
I refuse the mentality that my set back today are results of my yesterday action, In as much as I did not make all the right calls as a youth, God don't Judge things that way and since God did not Judge me, no man can.

(1) (Reply)

See A Mother Dressed Her Son Like A Woman And Posted It On Facebook (picture) / Dealing With Sex In Marriage After Having A Baby? / Nuggets From Ibukun Awosika - Chairman, First Bank Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.