Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer (23343 Views)

Thinking of buying or selling your vehicles and properties faster? / Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer / Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
Divinne:

I am not impressed by your ability to play with cars, someone else's invention, design etc. I believe you know the word INNOVATION. What you can learn from me is to be innovative (you could ve added more value to that Mini e.g air suspension) other than criticizing someone else's invention. An innovative product that has different manufacturers in America, Korea, Japan, malyasia, china, India etc with over 2 decades of existence. Do your research on the product and get back to me.

You're simply pissing in the wind.

Again, you have nothing to offer me in automotive INNOVATION.

I prefer to learn about innovations from astute people that are not selling the latest crap trinkets on their fellow citizens.

PS: Trust me that I don't wish to impress you. We're both from different ends of the automotive pool. It'll be a PR disaster for me if I impress someone like you.

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Divinne: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Divinne: 11:23am On Mar 20, 2016
Divinne:
http://www.kia-forums.com/2011-2013-xm-sorento-forum/79771-newly-installed-cushions-my-springs-helps.html

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/cm-2007-2012-santa-fe/156725-coil-spring-buffer.html

https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?11411-Spring-Buffer-Cushion-Insert/page5

http://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6871.0

They say expirience is the best teacher. Pls click on the above links for forums that have maturely Enquires and discussed their experiences with the product within the last ten years. People from different parts of the world and mind you, people you drive on bad road conditions. These links will interest you. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 2:43am On Mar 21, 2016
Divinne:

https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?11411-Spring-Buffer-Cushion-Insert/page5

http://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6871.0

They say expirience is the best teacher. Pls click on the above links for forums that have maturely Enquires and discussed their experiences with the product within the last ten years. People from different parts of the world and mind you, people you drive on bad road conditions. These links will interest you. Thank you.

Nigerians, Nairalanders don't bother wasting your time and money

From one of the forums listed above

"Thumbs down TTC Buffers are Junk.
I purchased these TTC urethane cushion buffers from Korea and they fell apart after 8 months and then fell out. They are expensive and TTC did not honor the 3 year warrantee when contacted. The general manager, Jonathan Lee, gave me some lame excuse why TTC will not replace them. TTC has no customer service, no support, and will not honor their own warrantee. I feel ripped off. Save your money. I certainly would NOT buy this product from this company ever again. "

https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?11411-Spring-Buffer-Cushion-Insert/page4

These are simply junk products.

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Divinne: 9:23am On Mar 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Nigerians, Nairalanders don't bother wasting your time and money

From one of the forums listed above

"Thumbs down TTC Buffers are Junk.
I purchased these TTC urethane cushion buffers from Korea and they fell apart after 8 months and then fell out. They are expensive and TTC did not honor the 3 year warrantee when contacted. The general manager, Jonathan Lee, gave me some lame excuse why TTC will not replace them. TTC has no customer service, no support, and will not honor their own warrantee. I feel ripped off. Save your money. I certainly would NOT buy this product from this company ever again. "
411-Spring-Buffer-Cushion-Insert/page4

These are simply junk products.

You are such a dunce, final installation process is to fasten with cable tie which will firmly hold it to the spring. If you don't, it could fall of over time. Wrong installation could cause that too. Besides TTC is Korea, we are distributors for JINKE Japan.

Thank you so much for engaging me. Mind you Nigerians are not dunces, they ve been calling and buying the product. Thx to you for making me bring out all the facts here. Good luck in your own endeavours. Over and out with you.

2 Likes

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 11:17am On Mar 21, 2016
Siena:

I would like to believe you're not dense, and you possess at the very least above-average intelligence. Bolt-on does NOT necessarily refer to a physical bolt. It refers to an add-on. This could be an extra service your mobile phone service provider has as an option to your regular call service on your phone - SMS, data are bolt-ons.

For one who claims to understand how the suspension in an automobile works, you surprise me.

Use the 'net to find out how an automobile works, and search for bolt-ons.

Why am I even bothering? I have no issue helping people to understand their automobile better, as long as they are interested. There is nothing wrong admitting there are areas you're not clear on. Just ask!

I'm not a doctor, or an architect, so I too will ask questions of those who are qualified in those disciplines, rather than let an over-sized ego get in the way, and argue blindly.

You do not need to bother and argue blindly too. I want to believe you're not an idiot but you're acting like one. And it's seems you don't understand anything yourself, siena, mr. lecturer a.k.a sabinus. Since when did the words 'bolted' and 'bolt-on' mean the same thing? For the avoidance of doubt. 'Bolted' means to fasten one thing to another using a bolt that screws into a nut while 'bolt-on' is an appendage or an addition to a machinery or an equipment.

In your previous comment you said:
The moment you posted in a public forum, it became everyone's business. If you want to keep details of how you bolted rubbish to your car private, use a diary, not a discussion board!

You used the word ''bolted" as in the bold above which, in context, is very different from the word 'bolt-on'. So, teacher no teach me nonsense. Instead of you to admit that you used the wrong choice of word and take correction, you're here trying to act smart which you're not.

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

And I will keep repeating that you are a clueless twit that's endangering the public.

At least 2 other seasoned people have called you out but like a typical asshat your head is firmly embedded in the sand grin

Stop wasting your time and go make your life worthwhile, assSHhole. Do you have a job? Do you need one?? If you know you need one simply quote me and forward your CV. I have vacancy. God forsaken idiat! slowpoke!
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Nah I don't think so.

My Austoist resume speaks for itself.

You're just lashing back because you were called out for you brainless move on compromising your suspension grin

Autoist resume my asss...keep fooling yourself. Who dash monkey banana.
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by gulfer: 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ain't nothing like the real deal, had my Sienna rear shock-absorbers replaced on Saturday and I cannot get enough of the smooth feeling and absence of bounce as I had on the old struts. I am now considering a change of the front ones sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
Divinne:

You are such a dunce, final installation process is to fasten with cable tie which will firmly hold it to the spring. If you don't, it could fall of over time. Wrong installation could cause that too. Besides TTC is Korea, we are distributors for JINKE Japan.

Thank you so much for engaging me. Mind you Nigerians are not dunces, they ve been calling and buying the product. Thx to you for making me bring out all the facts here. Good luck in your own endeavours. Over and out with you.

Thank you for the compliment grin

At least I'm not the asshat that's morally flexible enough to profit off of the misguidance of others by selling junk products cheesy
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
gulfer:
Ain't nothing like the real deal, had my Sienna rear shock-absorbers replaced on Saturday and I cannot get enough of the smooth feeling and absence of bounce as I had on the old struts. I am now considering a change of the front ones sooner than later.

You mean you didn't just take the lazy mans way out and bang in some rubber shyte on your springs cheesy

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
davo3286:

Autoist resume my asss...keep fooling yourself. Who dash monkey banana.

I'm on you like 5 and 6 until you stop promoting this junk on here grin
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
davo3286:

Stop wasting your time and go make your life worthwhile, assSHhole. Do you have a job? Do you need one?? If you know you need one simply quote me and forward your CV. I have vacancy. God forsaken idiat! slowpoke!

Eya the thing pain you so grin
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
davo3286:

You do not need to bother and argue blindly too. I want to believe you're not an idiot but you're acting like one. And it's seems you don't understand anything yourself, siena, mr. lecturer a.k.a sabinus. Since when did the words 'bolted' and 'bolt-on' mean the same thing? For the avoidance of doubt. 'Bolted' means to fasten one thing to another using a bolt that screws into a nut while 'bolt-on' is an appendage or an addition to a machinery or an equipment.

You used the word ''bolted" as in the bold above which, in context, is very different from the word 'bolt-on'. So, teacher no teach me nonsense. Instead of you to admit that you used the wrong choice of word and take correction, you're here trying to act smart which you're not.

You're completely worthless as a car owner.

Dropping in a K&N filter goes unde the same folder as bolt on part.

Youre completely delirious.
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by gulfer: 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You mean you didn't just take the lazy mans way out and bang in some rubber shyte on your springs cheesy
Na so my brother.... grin
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
davo3286:

I'm smart enough to have had my work featured in at least 3 British Modified Car publications, no mean feat. These magazines are circulated through lots of automotive communities. Those who read these publications are not stupíd, if my work was not up to standard, it would not be accepted as a feature. The editors are thorough, so yeah, I know my stuff.

In all my features, there wasn't a sniff of that shite you've been hoodwinked into buying, and have fitted to your car. And yes, it's a "bolt-on". If you feel there literally need to be bolts and nuts involved, then you're sadly a lot denser than I gave you credit for. Stop your lame attempt to make assumptions as to the context I used the term "bolt-on" in.

I was trying to help you, but you're beyond help. It's you that is hanging blindly onto your own errors, knowing where you've erred, yet sticking to the rubbish you've become accustomed to. I could wrap dog shít in a banana leaf, blend it into a stinking paste, stick it in a fancy jar labelled "fuel saver", and sell it to you, because it doesn't take much to convince you that pigs fly, or the moon is made of green cheese.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
davo3286:

If you have a vacancy for a combined arséhole and idiót, what does that make you?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Divinne: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You should be downright ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of inept Nigerian motorists.

You are selling a POS.

There's no race car that uses this and even if they do so what? Nigerian cars are not race cars.

I'm not a competitor, I don't sell parts, so your thinly veiled attempt to deflect is dead on arrival.

Re: cushion buffer
« Reply #2 : October 26, 2010, 01:19:44 »
Dazz, yes this is it ! Sorry i keep falling back to my racing days but these were made of hard rubber and worked well. With the the new tech. wonder if they work ? OK got you on the wood grain dash and shock cushion ! Your so honest !!
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Divinne: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
Slow Coach
Awesome

The highest pressure points in a coil spring are at the ends - the contact area. refer: Coil Spring Design Testing | Tekscan

Name: coil-spring-pressure-profile.jpg
Views: 1456
Size: 44.4 KB

This is why some coil springs have flat ends - to distribute the load over a wider area. End points if damped are done with thick rubbers.

The cushion buffer is of a softer urethane material having egg-shaped holes (as I said before) which compresses with the spring.
Having a elastic cushioning buffer in the middle absorbs the shocks & thereby reduces the spring movement & shock absorber load.

This helps the suspension parts - struts, springs, lower arms, tie-rod ends to last longer.
Last edited by eapen; 1st Aug 2012 at 16:16.
Slow Coach
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Send PM

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Divinne: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
erico2k2:

Oga once again stop spreading this rubber news, restrict it to Nigerians who do not have the benefit of choice No thanks to the likes of you.
I and Siena live in the UK. U can never ever use that crap in the UK or you fail MOT straight away EgunMogaji lives in America and he has said same.so tjat leaves Asia and Africa. The step 4 ward in suspension technology are Air suspensions like you got on the range rover and the now new and more advanced electronic stability system. .These are what the FI cars have.

Did you say that you can't use this in UK? UK manufacturer www.springassister.co.uk. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

eapen
Slow Coach
Awesome

There is a difference between normal spring cushion inserts & the one I am thinking of.

Usually spring inserts do not have holes. Refer Spring Assisters By Grayston Engineering Ltd made in UK

These rubber spacers are purely made to not allow the coil spring compress further especially while carrying heavy loads in the rear

The below transparent urethane design has on the sides egg shaped holes to allow the cushion to flex with the coil springs adding to comfort & stability. The material - urethane is also uniquely designed to be durable & absorb shocks.

Last edited by eapen; 23rd Jul 2012 at 17:37.
Slow Coach

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Siena:

If you have a vacancy for a combined arséhole and idiót, what does that make you?

Lol...Oh you're such an idiat...big fool. And yes i have vacancy for idiats and arseholes like you and your likes.

I'm up and done with you on this subject. Good night from here.
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
Siena:

I'm smart enough to have had my work featured in at least 3 British Modified Car publications, no mean feat. These magazines are circulated through lots of automotive communities. Those who read these publications are not stupíd, if my work was not up to standard, it would not be accepted as a feature. The editors are thorough, so yeah, I know my stuff.

In all my features, there wasn't a sniff of that shite you've been hoodwinked into buying, and have fitted to your car. And yes, it's a "bolt-on". If you feel there literally need to be bolts and nuts involved, then you're sadly a lot denser than I gave you credit for. Stop your lame attempt to make assumptions as to the context I used the term "bolt-on" in.

I was trying to help you, but you're beyond help. It's you that is hanging blindly onto your own errors, knowing where you've erred, yet sticking to the rubbish you've become accustomed to. I could wrap dog shít in a banana leaf, blend it into a stinking paste, stick it in a fancy jar labelled "fuel saver", and sell it to you, because it doesn't take much to convince you that pigs fly, or the moon is made of green cheese.

Story for my yansh. You're not smart at all. You're only trying to be smart and you failed woefully. How can you help someone when you haven't helped yourself? Please go try help yourself by learning more because you don't have the wherewithal to help me on this matter.
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're completely worthless as a car owner.

Dropping in a K&N filter goes unde the same folder as bolt on part.

Youre completely delirious.

I see you can't even differentiate the difference between 'bolt-on' and 'bolt on'. KN filter is not a bolt-on but an alternative to your OEM air intake filter. Its not an extra part, you idiot! You don't add or fasten a KN filter to your OEM filter. Do you? You just showed the world that you know absolute nothing about cars. Autoist indeed!

1 Like

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
davo3286:

I see you can't even differentiate the difference between 'bolt-on' and 'bolt on'. KN filter is not a bolt-on but an alternative to your OEM air intake filter. Its not an extra part, you idiot! You don't add or fasten a KN filter to your OEM filter. Do you? You just showed the world that you know absolute nothing about cars. Autoist indeed!

Have you in your life held a K&N filter in your hand?

I have actually been at the offices near me, spoken to engineers and had one of my cars used as R&grin.

Go pander to the automotive uninitiated with your POS product grin
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
Divinne:

Dazz, yes this is it ! Sorry i keep falling back to my racing days but these were made of hard rubber and worked well. With the the new tech. wonder if they work ? OK got you on the wood grain dash and shock cushion ! Your so honest !!

And this is supposed to prove what exactly? smiley
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 10:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Have you in your life held a K&N filter in your hand?

I have actually been at the offices near me, spoken to engineers and had one of my cars used as R&grin.

Go pander to the automotive uninitiated with your POS product grin

See this mumu. What's so special about a K&N filters? I have them fitted on all my Accords. Just check this out, fool! You just cant stop being a slowpoke. Can you?
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
davo3286:

Story for my yansh. You're not smart at all. You're only trying to be smart and you failed woefully. How can you help someone when you haven't helped yourself? Please go try help yourself by learning more because you don't have the wherewithal to help me on this matter.

If I have to learn anything else about an automobile, it won't be from you, you dozy bint! Someone who fits lumps of urethane between his car's coil springs is no good as a source of knowledge. I could help you on this "matter" as you call it, but it involves putting your car back to stock. Modifications on a car are great, if they enhance performance. What do your "mods" do?

I am smarter than you'll ever be.

Let me ask you, what have you done to your car that's worthy of a magazine feature? You're the smart one, so tell me - which publications are clamouring to feature your heap?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
davo3286:

Lol...Oh you're such an idiat...big fool. And yes i have vacancy for idiats and arseholes like you and your likes.

I'm up and done with you on this subject. Good night from here.

You're done with this subject? You haven't educated me yet, how can you be done?

Nigerians are smart...but, we have some dunces amongst the clever. You're one of the thick ones, because all an uneducated Nigerian can come up with in terms of verbal abuse is "big fool". So thick, so brain-dead, so predictable.

Please tell me what effect reduced spring compression has on a MATCHED length damper. No need deflecting attention from my query with verbal abuse, simply answer. If you don't know, say so and you might just learn something.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
Siena:

If I have to learn anything else about an automobile, it won't be from you, you dozy bint! Someone who fits lumps of urethane between his car's coil springs is no good as a source of knowledge. I could help you on this "matter" as you call it, but it involves putting your car back to stock. Modifications on a car are great, if they enhance performance. What do your "mods" do?

I am smarter than you'll ever be.

Let me ask you, what have you done to your car that's worthy of a magazine feature? You're the smart one, so tell me - which publications are clamouring to feature your heap?

You see your lousy life? Mind your business u no gree. Over sabi house boy. You're too dull to be half as smart as I am. You jack about automobiles so quit deceiving yourself and talking silly.
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by LeJeun3: 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
Divinne:

Oga, all ur references are in 2010. Why are you selling it to us in 2016 na??

If this ur product was still relevant and honest, why isn't there any current reference.

P.S. I checked for recent references.

2 Likes

Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by davo3286: 11:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
Siena:

You're done with this subject? You haven't educated me yet, how can you be done?

Nigerians are smart...but, we have some dunces amongst the clever. You're one of the thick ones, because all an uneducated Nigerian can come up with in terms of verbal abuse is "big fool". So thick, so brain-dead, so predictable.

Please tell me what effect reduced spring compression has on a MATCHED length damper. No need deflecting attention from my query with verbal abuse, simply answer. If you don't know, say so and you might just learn something.

I still maintain that you are a dullard.
Re: Save Your Vehicles Shock Absorber With Shock Absorber Cushion Buffer by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 22, 2016
davo3286:

See this mumu. What's so special about a K&N filters? I have them fitted on all my Accords. Just check this out, fool! You just cant stop being a slowpoke. Can you?

Einstein, and when banging in this filter, didn't you have to use tools to remove the stock air box? Or is it that you're just a posser that either found a pic online or the car came with the filter already installed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Need Tint Permit or Doctor's Report For Your Tinted Glass? / 2016 Model Escalade Fully Loaded Toks Selling Cheap / CATERPILLAR FOR SALE 35M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.