Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,753 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items (3060 Views)

END TIME: Mum Rapes 4 Year Old Boy, Broadcasts Live Video (photo) / "I Have Been Dreaming Of My Mother Recently" - Man Who Lost His Mum Needs Help / END TIME!!! Mum Gets Pregnant For Her 15 Year Old Son, Says She Fell For Him (ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Ladywest: 10:38am On Feb 16, 2016
Hello, mothers in the house how much does baby items cost in the market.

Bodysuits/ vest new
Bodysuit /vest fairly used
Sleepsuits new
Sleepsuits fairly used
Avent feeding bottle
Other brands feeding bottle  (plz name the brand )
Baby socks
Baby hats
Baby scratch mitts
Baby bibs
Baby pygmas
Baby shawl( new and fairly used)
Baby blanket (new and fairly used)

Please I need responses thanks
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 16, 2016
Babies now wear body suits?
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Dyt(f): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
Presently things are going up that you can't get a specific price
Some body suit will cost 3k while some will be 1500
Depends on quality

But I advice get good ones so you can use for a longer time

Socks costs 500naira for a dozen set*my son still wears so I know*
Baby beep abi na bip can be seen for less than 500 too
Shawl is from 1k

In all
It depends on quality and quantity you want.

If you go with 20k you will buy stuffs same thing if you go with 50k
Just do as your pocket reach

Congrats on your baby coming

1 Like

Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by egopersonified(f): 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Go shopping with whatever you have. You can never get specific prices here. Buy what your money can get and ask for the prices of those you couldn't buy. Do this as soon as you can because the way prices are going up now, the money wey you get now fit don devalue by 30% before next month.
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Ladywest: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
@ Dyt please the price for the bodysuit is it just one or how many in a pack? Also the socks and other items will like to know the price by quantity. Thanks
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
onegai smiley
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Onegai(f): 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Dyt(f): 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ladywest:
@ Dyt please the price for the bodysuit is it just one or how many in a pack? Also the socks and other items will like to know the price by quantity. Thanks

You can get one for 2k sef and also get 3 for 1500
It all depends on quantity
I still buy my sons socks, 12 for 500naira
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Ladywest: 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Please I need more inputs don't just read or view and walk away oooo
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by HaneefahRN(f): 6:31am On Feb 20, 2016
Ladywest:
Please I need more inputs don't just read or view and walk away oooo
Congrats, how is the little bundle of joy doing?
U can't get specific prices here, prices differs frm place to place and quality to quality besides things are costlier nw. l advice u go to the market and price the items and bargain of course or ask pple around u abt someone tht sells quality products at reasonable prices.
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by HaneefahRN(f): 7:12am On Feb 20, 2016
Ladywest:
Hello, mothers in the house how much does baby items cost in the market.

Bodysuits/ vest new
Bodysuit /vest fairly used
Sleepsuits new
Sleepsuits fairly used
Avent feeding bottle
Other brands feeding bottle  (plz name the brand )
Baby socks
Baby hats
Baby scratch mitts
Baby bibs
Baby pygmas
Baby shawl( new and fairly used)
Baby blanket (new and fairly used)

Please I need responses thanks

Bodysuits - 2k - 2500. Note tht this depends on the quality and effizy u want. It comes in a pack bt don't mind the age range on d pack, d one my baby sis used had six mths written on it bt it didn't quite fit her well at 3mths.

I dnt knw abt 2nd hand products bt I guess it'll depend on grade.

Sleepsuits and pyjamas, I don't think u need to bother abt this just ensure u change the clothes b4 sleeping and dress d baby up as suits d weather.

Avent bottle - 300 I think

U can try out linco and Bbenjoy products, they ain't bad. It shld be btw 200- 300 depending on size. Or i can get a baby bottle bank, its abt 2,500 or so wt many bottles of varying sizes and cups, etc

Baby socks depends on quality, u can get 3 fpr 100 bt d quality is poor, 3 for 200-250 isn't bad but cld be costlier depending on quality.
Caps shld be 200- 300

Bibs - 200

Shawl - 600 and above depending on quality and size.
If u want nt so common products u can contact pple tht go shopping frm Dubai and SA bt the products are very costly and personally I dnt see any big deal abt them, compared to normal ones. U can contact a wholesaler for gud prices bt be gud at bargaining (dnt be annoying sha) so they dnt give u high prices altho things are very costly nw. Take care of urself. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by Ladywest: 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
@ Haneefah thank you for your input
Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by baby124: 4:57am On Feb 21, 2016
If you are looking to save cost, I suggest you look for mums who have had kids that are now toddlers. They will probably have a ton of clothes to give away. Both old and new. Once you have settled this, focus on buying a baby cot, feeding bottles, bottle warmer, flask and possibly diapers. If you can't afford Diapers, plan for nappies. Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items by NickyB: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2020
baby124:
If you are looking to save cost, I suggest you look for mums who have had kids that are now toddlers. They will probably have a ton of clothes to give away. Both old and new. Once you have settled this, focus on buying a baby cot, feeding bottles, bottle warmer, flask and possibly diapers. If you can't afford Diapers, plan for nappies. Wish you the best.

I agree with that. That's how I got a bunch of diapers and a bottle warmer last time. Though I was very grateful for these, the warmer wasn't suitable for my bottles and it wasn't really in good shape. So, in my opinion, it would be better if you check this review about the best bottle warmers so you won't get in trouble as I did. Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Special Treasure- Dyt! / At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own? / What?! Alero Falope Still LOVES Dino Melaye, Denies Domestic Violence Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.