Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Parvo-survivor At ZOBA Vet Am So Happy - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Parvo-survivor At ZOBA Vet Am So Happy (943 Views)

Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy / New Vet In The House...no Charge! / My Wonderful Dog Taken Away By Parvo :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parvo-survivor At ZOBA Vet Am So Happy by ladyvet: 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
I am a veterinary doctor, i worked inside Zoba vet clinic at dolphin estate ikoyi last week, i saw a boerboe puppy lying helplessly though beautiful but the stench from its anal region, its vomitus and watery brownish foul smelling diarrhoea already pointed its finger to the monster killer called parvo viral enteritis, a viral disease affecting dogs with 50-50 chances of survival. looking at the puppy...struggling to live but helpless made me feel bad, the owner crying yet believing that her dog will survive, the doctors were on their feet in the treatment room dripping the dog with series of intravenous fluid recommended for symptomatic therapy. i watched in earnest desire, i must say that i was satisfied with their procedures..but parvo is parvo. i comforted the owner then i left for my station. 5 days later i visited the clinic, surprisingly the puppy was alive, still being dripped because it was anorexic, but no more fluid loss, the fluid therapy served as food to the puppy..woow i left so happy...i was told the dog would be discharged in two days time...i went back there after two days because i wanted to see the owner...the joy i felt with her..the laughter..the joyful tears dripping down her chick..i must say..i felt that like no other. i saw other parvo cases brought to their clinic, i pray they survive too. i love vets, am a vet too, its not easy to handle parvo cases but we cant just let our dogs die, if we dont help them who will .Please my dear people, try to be upto date with your dogs vaccination schedule. help us and we will try our best

1 Like

Re: Parvo-survivor At ZOBA Vet Am So Happy by Stancrus(m): 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
nice to hear puppies stll survive parvo I noticed parvo is on the rise lately being a vet as you said please can you enlighten us of the possible causes
Re: Parvo-survivor At ZOBA Vet Am So Happy by Godspearl(f): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
Nice one ladyvet,I'm also treating two lovely great Dane that has parvo now. The diarrhea is so bloody and foul smellingI really hope they survive cuz this puppies are so cute and innocent *sobbing* pheww!!! Pls always update your vaccinations and do it right consult your vet.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Consider Snake? / Lhasa Apso Needs A New Home / God Is Great, Never Seen This In My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.