Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 (1968 Views)

Febuary Protest Just Got Messed Up / Throwback: Attahiru Jega On Tell Magazine, 1997 / The Security Chief Buhari Almost Sacked - Tell Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by oromankirisi(f): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2016
I saw this magazine early this morning while trying to pack some old school books for my nephew,my dad bought one newspaper and a magazine everyday, when we where younger. And back then the covers were sensational and spot on, can't believe this one has being here for all of 12years now! I have decided to read this at work today as I have only heard vague accounts of the cover story wink

Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by ORACLE1975(m): 9:32am On Feb 17, 2016
Who vet tteeett
Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by Flexherbal(m): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2016
Read it and tell us the stories.
Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by Ecoterrorism(f): 9:44am On Feb 17, 2016
oromankirisi:
I saw this magazine early this morning while trying to pack some old school books for my nephew,my dad bought one newspaper and a magazine everyday, when we where younger. And back then the covers were sensational and spot on, can't believe this one has being here for all of 12years now! I have decided to read this at work today as I have only heard vague accounts of the cover story wink
I read that article and in it you will see how those guys duped Gaddafi and Mathew Kereokou of Benin Republic. The worst was how they duped a Brazilian bank of 250 million dollars using Murtala Muhammed airport as front.

So long for good old day stores from Tell and The News

3 Likes

Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by Aspireahead(m): 9:46am On Feb 17, 2016
i was in JSS1 or 2 then and was with no shoes too. and the dude that say Sharia is losing steam..hmn
Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by fistonati(m): 10:42am On Feb 17, 2016
And what do we do with this, when the damn thief would is walking d street freely and being praised by the politicians today.
If you have opportunity, take it but don't if its private companies or bodies becus jail will be waiting for you
Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by engrobidigbo: 11:55am On Dec 09, 2016
oromankirisi:

I witnessed this guys dribble the brazilian in Enugu but didn't know it was a "Bank Job" until EFCC came calling....
Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by lightheart(m): 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
The Biggest 419 Job Ever ($242m) - The Mother Of All Cons
https://www.nairaland.com/2108148/biggest-419-job-ever-242m
Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by zendy: 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
The woman in front of the magazine is the wife of Iyke Anajemba, the ring leader of the group that pulled off the biggest 419 in history. She led a a glamorous lifestyle in Enugu back then. Iyke Anajemba was later assasinated.
Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by Oviconji: 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Those were the days when the 419 kingpins made yahoo boys look like nursery schoolers and tata.

2 Likes

Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by worldtrush: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
This was the biggest the biggest fraud in the world as at then,dont know now may be there is now another one that supparse it. The Brazilian banker was latter jaild and the bank went into insolvency as a result of the fraud. Paul Oguma,the CBN Governor was alledglly involved and other top Union Bank Director.Part of the meeting where the deal was brokerd alledglly took place in the CBN Governors Office....
Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by amc: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
And the lady in the picture has been rewarded with a government post

https://www.nairaland.com/3234423/amaka-anajemba-gets-political-appointment

Jailed business woman, Mrs. Amaka Anajemba is back. She was appointed as the Managing Director of the Enugu State Waste Management Agency (ESWAMA) recently by the Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State. For those who don’t know she was convicted for fraud in 2005 by Justice Olubunmi Oyewole of the Lagos High Court, Ikeja during the period of Nuhu Ribadu at the EFCC. She and others were said... http://www.famouspeoplemagazine.com/amaka-anajemba-gets-political-appointment/

1 Like

Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by Intrepid01(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
oromankirisi:
I saw this magazine early this morning while trying to pack some old school books for my nephew,my dad bought one newspaper and a magazine everyday, when we where younger. And back then the covers were sensational and spot on, can't believe this one has being here for all of 12years now! [b]I have decided to read this at work today [/b]as I have only heard vague accounts of the cover story wink

Wait, did you just say you'll read it at work? Please tell me where you work, maybe I need a change.

1 Like

Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by juman(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
amc:

In east of nigeria, there have been some governors that were formerly 419 or allegedly been 419ners.

2 Likes

Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by worldtrush: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
The Woman was not directly involved in the scam. It was her late husband

1 Like

Re: TELL Magazine Cover Febuary 16 2004 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
amc:

What a shame! Rewarding corruption with government job

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Checkout The New N330m Exotic Cars Bukola Saraki Acquired (photos) / Why I Didn’t Call GEJ After Chibok Girls Were Abducted By Boko Haram —borno Gov. / Go And Pay Your Workers First, Anglican Bishop Tells Okorocha, Rejects His N200k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.