Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. (2503 Views)

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / Kogi's Senatorial Appeal: Rerun Ordered! / Breaking News: Senator Jim Nwobodo's Son's Corpse Stolen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by blacksta(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2009
Appeal Court sitting in Ilorin nullifies senator Arise's election; orders rerun in 90days.

source - http://www.kayodefayemi.com/
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by MrCrackles(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2009
Yaaaaaaay! grin
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by blacksta(m): 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2009
;d

Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by desgiezd(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2009
The court shouldnt have ordered a rerun, the challenger should have been sworn in. I am saying this because rerun elections are never different from the original annulled election especially if PDP is involved.
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by JustGood(m): 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2009
I believe I knew Ayo Arise personally many years ago. I knew him as a gentleman who was very well mannered and had no visible guile (to me). I am not in Nigeria so it is difficult for me to comment on this thing.

Coincidentally, Faye was a kinda friend when we were both studying.

Does anyone know what actually happened here? Please let's have objectivity and not blind fanaticism.
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by moneygurl: 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2009
Is he not the one that was found with area boys who had charms on their neck in Ekiti, during the election 2 months ago?
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by blacksta(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2009
moneygurl:

Is he not the one that was found with area boys who had charms on their neck in Ekiti, during the election 2 months ago?

Yep u are correct.
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by jimmysho(m): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2009
though i want it but it is a lie. pure falsehood info. if u say the nation<AC official mouth piece, i can agree wit u
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by JustGood(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2009
moneygurl:

Are you referring to Ayo Arise here?

I knew him as a born again christian.
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by fyneguy: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2009
Appeal Court Nullifies Arise’s Election
July 08, 2009 15:18 (1 hour ago), 105 views
By Stephen Oni/Ilorin

The Appeal Court sitting in Ilorin, Kwara State this afternoon nullified the election of Senator Ayo Arise of the People Democratic Party (PDP) representing Ekiti North senatorial district in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

Ruling in an application filed by the Action Congress (AC) candidate in the 2007 senatorial election in the state, Olubunmi Adetunbi, the court said there were flaws during the conduct of the election in the area and nullified it.

It ordered that another election should be held in the senatorial district within 90 days.

The appelate court also last week, nullified the election of another PDP senator in the state, Femi Kila, representing Ekiti Central in the National Assembly and declared the AC candidate in the election, Bode Ola as the winner of the election.

Senator Ola was sworn-in yesterday at the Senate to represent Ekiti Central at the National Assembly.

source: PM news
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by moneygurl: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2009
JustGood:

Yes Ayo Arise.

Google him and the Ekiti Election. There was also report of a woman identified to be his wife and his nephew slapping journalist who were covering the election.

Police arrest 36 PDP thugs in Senator Arise‘s house with two bags of charms, on the orders of IGP Mike Okiro || DIG John Ahmadu confirms arrest of 36 thugs, declines to confirm they were arrested at Senator Arise‘s house || Police Armoured Personnel Carrier stationed in front of senator‘s house |

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-264709.0.html

http://www.ifex.org/nigeria/2009/04/30/political_thugs_assault_photojournalists/

http://www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5408500-147/Ekiti_election_monitors,_Senator_Arise_taken.csp
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by MrCrackles(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2009
JustGood:

Oh oh. . . . .Born again christian indeed!
LMFAO!
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by blunt1990: 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2009
@Justgood, i observed your tense. You "knew" him as a gentleman just as Lucifa was an angel
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by kopland: 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2009
this just the begining of democracy in nigeria.i know we are going to reach the top. ayo Arise oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by bawomolo(m): 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
JustGood:

lmao only in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News - Senator Ayo Arise Election Nulified. Rerun Ordered. by dean2725: 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2009
JustGood:

lmao! in the olden days

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio Petitioned By Ibibio Ethnic Group Of Akwa Ibom State In Diaspora / ACN Doesn’t Think Of Yoruba Welfare —fasehun / Fed Govt Awards 2nd Niger Bridge Contract To Julius Berger On PPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.